714 Chicago
SAC-F-Thomas-Questionable
CHI-F-Deng-OUT, F-Gooden-OUT

01/06 10:35 PM
715 New Orleans
716 LA Lakers
NO-C-Chandler-Probable
LAL-F-Walton-Doubtful

This is not a pick yet but let's say it is serious interest. The Kings. People who had bet the Kings after looking at the game logs will say four letter words. With a very winnable game available they limited their starters minutes rather obviously.
Garcia 21.11 minutes who was shooting 5 of 11
Mickey Moore who was a Net plays 13.14
Salmons was not shooting well but normally plays 37 minutes a game away plays 27.51
J Thompson who was playing very well was held to 26.28 minutes. Foul trouble may have been part of that but who cares when the game is on the line. You just play the hot player. Not today.
Kevin Martin who was also playing very well 38.03 minutes with no foul trouble and the game on the line.
Only one other player made it into the 30's.
This team has owned Chicago for a long time and they were resting the players for that game. This is the last game of a game road trip with 3 losses to start and this is the one they wanted. Now the question is can they get it? That is the thing to think about but do not doubt the intent here by the Kings.
Have bet the Bobcats. Honestly hate to bet against patterns and Boston has been on a win and cover and then lose pattern with a win coming up tomorrow but the dog team history here plus the next day situation with Boston playing Houston who they have a major rivalry with and then a day off and then the Cav's makes it look rather obvious that beating up the Bobcats is the last thing they are concerned with.
Have also bet the short handed Clippers plus 13. The last time Dallas played this team was in LA and they beat them by 22. This is absolutely the last game the Clippers would ever quit in. Dallas is 4-12 ats at home and have a day off and then play Knicks and Suns b-b. They are 0-3 ats at home after a loss and beating up a short handed team on a 7 game losing streak is not something that makes much sense.

Last edited:
Have to look into that if u mentioned. One thing though i totally dislike about Sac at this point in time is that they are highly inconsistent in their play. Making a very good run, then next u know they are totally overplayed. That would be still ok, but imho, their coach is not able to handle those situations and intervene at the right moment before the balance totally shifts the other way. If someone has watched them a lot lately please correct me if i'm wrong.

Bulls first half bet might be nice. D. Rose should come out pissed about the last loss against the Wolves.

From MrBator at blankets

I cried fix once. Once. And that was on a game that was fixed. I found out on Sunday through someone involved with the Chicago Bulls (not a player or coach) that "research" (the polite term for "investigation") is being done on Mike Callahan's games. So I'm not the only one who is "wonderding" about at least one of the referees that worked last Friday night's game in Cleveland.

I wont repeat MrBator's observations of the total line for that Cle/Chc game (too laborious & can't be screwed searching for his thread he posted it in to paste it), but there was enough there to suggest a fix as possibly in, so be wary of this Callahan guy when looking at future ref assignments.

I wont repeat MrBator's observations of the total line for that Cle/Chc game (too laborious & can't be screwed searching for his thread he posted it in to paste it), but there was enough there to suggest a fix as possibly in, so be wary of this Callahan guy when looking at future ref assignments.

The 73 FT's tell a huge chunk of the story. Interesting that Callahan is 16-8 to the over this year as well.

Note that Callahan Last year was a major under. Honest man who will fix either side depending on the money :36_11_6:

Wasnt Callahan the same ref that counted Portland's basket with 6 players on the field?
No wonder he likes hovas.

Bet under 217 in OKC at 5d and went over to the Greek to do it there. It was 213.5. This total seems to be moving fast.
May be getting a little weird on betting amounts. Am adding Grizz minus 4 and over 194 both for 2/3rds a unit. The chief arguments for side are
Home officials 49-29 for the home team to win and Minn plays their next game at home the next day against division rival OKC who if they want to escape bottom in the West has to start getting some wins against the 8 win group plus they will be looking for revenge from the Wolves for an earlier home loss. The over---Minn does not play good defense but they are scoring machines these days and have gone over 100 in 7 of their last games. The 3 games they did not make it to 100 in were against Orlando, Cleveland and the Spurs. Honestly like the over more than the side but in general when the road team has a threat the next day at home I like to fade them and with it being a divisional game as well as the homer officials felt I had to play both.
NEWSFLASH
Clippers pick up Cheikh Samb and offer to trade Kaman for some used diapers and a ping pong table

Last edited:
So far no one is willing to pay a full ping pong table. Oh well. Concerning the Laker game if you examine the last 3 games between these teams there is an obvious pattern. Lakers get a big lead and in the second half the Hornets come back. Not sure yet what I do to start this game but if the Lakers have a real lead at half time be thinking Hornets.

I saw it a few times, in tough matches Hornets usually are down at a half and then they try to come back witch usually happens..so maybe its right way to go, tuck :shake:

Big spreads today. But I kinda like Wash +7 1st H. As I mentioned before, Wash have been playing great basketball and they've been beasts ATS. Another nice game would be Minn +4.

Might be right about Minn. Currently on the other side but doing some reading and not liking betting against Mike Miller first game back in Memphis.
Guy has been back 2 games and probably is ready for a good game.
Adding Houston over 189 and Houston team total over 9 first half. All 3 referees here are strong overs. Was hoping they would put up team to referee info but has not happened. Remember Houston at NJ. The situation was first game of a b-b playing Cleveland next day. The first half went 29-13 Houston and then 32-27 Houston. Think we see something like that today except I have less faith in either side in terms of winning. Last time Houston played at Phillie the first half went 24-30 Phillie and then 18-26 Phillie. Off 2 losses with Boston the Next day i think Houston feet will be FLYING tonight. Not too interested in a side yet but love this over. 3 strong over referees!!
Am now officially off the Grizz. May be a mistake but the Grizz tried very hard to beat the Wolves at Minn and now with Miller coming home I am not going to count on a hot team just quietly turning the other cheek and giving the Grizz any kind of easy win.

Last edited:
In a rush and will be back later before tip...

Interested in Charlotte 1st Half and game (maybe 2nd Quarter) and the under . Tough stretch for Boston coming back home from the West play one home game and then 2 away , play host to Houston tmrw and then another road trip ...was intereted in fadinf Char here at 1st glance a few days ago but just tough to do when KG might be limited today with a game on deck and Tony Allen out . Putting so much emphasis on Pierce and Allen but again two vets you dont want to burn out with Houston tmrw then @ Cle...anyway mid to upers 80 in 5 of the last 6 away games for the Cs so thats why the under is interesting knowing Charlotte limits possessions...DOG 12-0 and BOS 2-10 ATS L12 doesnt hurt ..

Looking at ORL with Wiz off the big and hard fought upset of CLE . Points look big but so do all of Wash away games and ORL has laid some beatdowns on them. Like ORL off a SU loss as well despite missing a guard or two..Wash terrible in the 4th Q with look at some quarter plays maybe WASH TT under ...

Love how Philly ended their road trip and looking at Sixers 1st Quarter and 1st Half...

Probably look at NYK 1st Q and maybe 1st H but prefer OKC after the half and full game...Under looks tasty but just a lean ...

Under @ Memphis ...not sure about a side as the Wolves have been good to me but clearly see how Memphis is going to be motivated here after the last meeting ...small interest in memphis...

Chi with Gooden back has my interest ...off a SU home fav loss and Kings ending atrip with 3 near misses of SU wins but think Chi is the best team they will have faced as I believe det was minus 3 players ...on the fence though because of the crazy schedule they have had and Kings past history vs them . Think if not today then next game CHI gets straightened out after 3 tough lossess...and6 of 7 ...have to think about this but Bulls need this win and well its a matter of Bulls covering or not and 9 is dicey ...unlike -6 ...

Some interest in Dallas early like 1st Q and 1st H but just interest ...not sure the Mavs take them seriously with all the injuries...under probably

Hornets +7 ....pretty certain of this ...already 2 bad home losses and LAL just plain sloppy on Sunday ...they cant play like that and just go on a crazy run...few LA injuries as well creeping up ...

Thats just my late intial leans ...havent read any NBA thoughts not even i this thread...so be back later to finalize ...:cheers:

Back