Trade Rumours

t-dot

Pretty much a regular
Hearing and reading about more things as we approach the draft.

Portland has turned down a Miller for Outlaw and 13.

Portland has been trying to pry away Calderone. BC has pulled Caldy off the table (getting numerous offers for Ford).

Not a Portland fan, but this was apparently announced by Brian Wheeler on his radio station. Maybe Tblazer fans can account for his credability.

Also there's rumors that the Knicks want Baron Davis. Fuck I hope that doesn't happen, I see nobody worth a shit on the Knicks team. I like David Lee but no way for BD.

No one is dumb enough to trade with the Knicks. Their only tradeable asset is the #6 pick and the only way to pry that pick away is if you take a VERY BAD contract back like Zach or Curry. I dont see any GM looking to lose their job in the near future.

Also there's rumors that the Knicks want Baron Davis. Fuck I hope that doesn't happen, I see nobody worth a shit on the Knicks team. I like David Lee but no way for BD.

i also read about this, this was reported because baron was said to be "insulted" by the warriors initial offer and is not close to what he is looking for and the offer was said that they (the warriors) wasn't treating him as their superstar

on another note, i read around a week ago that monta ellis is interested in playing in d'antoni's system

on another note, d'antoni is said to be high on jcraw and nroby, not so much on david lee and is even willing to trade him along w/ jerome james
and/or any bad contract

what the hell is up w/ all the rumors? screw the knicks

Miami interested in TJ and Hinrich.

Cleveland interested in Baron and Ford.

Looks like the Piston have a draft day promise with DJ White. Pistons have given promises to Maxiell and Stuckey in past drafts.

Being a senior has no bearing in this situation. They promised Hardin last year, but he opted to go back into the draft.

Teams promise to keep underclassmen in the draft or to prevent other teams from working him out.

Detroit promises DJ White
White doesnt need to workout for anyone and is guaranteed money
Dumurs may not want to risk White moving up draft boards.

I look at promises for under classmen so they stay in the draft... not to seniors. Seems silly not to keep working out and hoping to move up.

I look at promises for under classmen so they stay in the draft... not to seniors. Seems silly not to keep working out and hoping to move up.

there is also just a good a chance of dropping inot the 2nd round where the contracts are not guaranteed.

IMO this is good for White. He is a borderline 1st rounder that can easily fall into the 2nd. (If the rumours are true)

Michael Redd will be a Cavalier by the end of the summer

Cleveland doesnt have any tradeable assets. Bucks are either looking for expiring contracts, lotto picks or young talent. None of which the Cavs possess to put forth a decent offer.

Yes they do. Varejao (can opt out), Wally (expiring), #19 for Redd. Works for me

I dont think Milwaukee is in fire sale mode yet.

But, that would be a very good deal for the Cavs, not so much for the Bucks.

I dont think Milwaukee is in fire sale mode yet.

But, that would be a very good deal for the Cavs, not so much for the Bucks.

I love it and I am a Bucks fan. You will never win with Redd as the 1 option. Him and Mo Williams. in the same starting backcout cant work due to their defensive liabilities. Clears some cap space for '10 with hope of landing one of the big ones. who knows

I'm with signal on this one. The sooner Redd is gone the better off the Bucks will be. They need to run their offense thru Bogut and right now it's all about which one of the guards or small forwards can jack up a three the quickest. Getting rid of Redd is probably the best move for the incoming coach as well.

Miami is talking to Memphis or Minny about moving down.

Beasley getting a bad rep. from the last draft work out.

Lol, 6 or 7 of the top 10 prospects are refusing to workout for Memphis and are reportedly refusing to go there if drafted.

Beasley got owned by Steamsma of Wisconsin in tourney. Kid is this era's Derrick Coleman.

Only thing i think he's gonna be worse than Coleman. I dont think he's gonna measure to be the 6'9/6'10 they say he is. I also dont think he has the lateral quickness to defend in the association.

Brook Lopez is also said to be dropping.

Kevin Love is down to 250/55 and its said to be showing in workouts.

Beasley got owned by Steamsma of Wisconsin in tourney. Kid is this era's Derrick Coleman.

Only thing i think he's gonna be worse than Coleman. I dont think he's gonna measure to be the 6'9/6'10 they say he is. I also dont think he has the lateral quickness to defend in the association.

No way this guys gonna come in at 6'10", 6'9" max, and probably 6'8"

Miami should trade down and take Donte Green. Reminds me of Rashard Lewis a lot.

beasley was measured at 6'6.5 in orlando :seeya:

don;t know what his wingspan is tho, so maybe he makes up for his height with a good measurement there.

Off top of my head ...

1. Rose (CHI)
2. Bayless (MIA)
3. Beasley (MIN)
4. Mayo (SEA)
5. Love (MEM)
6. Gallinari (NYK)
7. Gordon (LAC)
8. Westbrook (MIL)
9. Lopez (CHA)
10. Randolph (NJ)
11. Augustin (IND)
12. Arthur (SAC)
13. Green (POR)

I also like Batum and Walker in this draft. This draft is deep and there isnt much difference from 3-30.

Miami should trade down and take Donte Green. Reminds me of Rashard Lewis a lot.

He worries me, the potential is there, but I get the vibe that he - of any 1st rounders - has the highest Potential-to-Bust ratio. I feel like as good as he could be, he could just as easily be out of the league in 3 years. Granted that could be said about anyone, and thats the process of a professional, but I feel like he could end up being the next Rodney White. A prototypical Boom or Bust type player.

I also like Batum and Walker in this draft. This draft is deep and there isnt much difference from 3-30.

Agreed, should be very interesting to see where everyone is at in 5 years. Not a bad year to trade down the board. Batum could be a real gem if someone is able to stash him overseas for another couple years, and develop an outside shot

Dwyane Wade Headed Home To Chicago?
spacer.gif

Posted: 6/3/2008 3:59:00 AM
Source: Chicago Tribune

Dwyane Wade says he keeps hearing his name mentioned in trade rumors involving the Bulls and Miami Heat.

Would the Bulls give up the No. 1 draft position to the Heat in exchange for Wade and the No. 2 overall selection? Or some combination of other players and picks?

"I have heard my name being talked about, and I can't worry about it," Wade said Monday at the Attack Athletics training facility on the West Side. "There is one thing in this league that you have no control over. If another organization wants you, then you should feel good to be wanted."
<!--
-->

When did the Chicago media turn into the NY media?

Its like at the baseball trading deadline when everyone in baseball is gonna give away their best players for trash because the Yankees need them

why in the hell would miami give up the number 2 pick and one of the 10 best players in the league for the number 1 pick in a draft where theres two players who you could arguably flip a coin between?

unbelievable

I just heard on ESPN, that there are talks involving Michael Redd and the Cleveland Cavaliers.....

That'd be a pretty good grab, but not enough to keep LBJ in town after 2010.

Called it. Hope it happens. Get Redd out of this city. Where did you hear that emet.on TV

ESPNdeportes..... the latin branch.........

Allthough they did not mention anything about what would the Bucks get......

Though its just a rumor......

Everyone around Ohio thought Redd woudl go to CLE a couple years ago..they were shocked when he resigned and didn't come back home..

Makes a lot of sense.

I see Beasley listed as 6'7 without shoes, 6'8.25 with.

Joe Alexander ran the 2nd fastest 3/4 court sprint behind Sonny Weems. Very impressive. He benched the 2nd most reps (24). Came in at 6'7.25" without shoes, 6'8.25" with shoes. Almost a 7 foot wingspan at 6'11.5. 32.5 inch vertical. Easily the best athlete there.

Donte Green and DJ Augustin could only do 185 2x on the bench.

Word is Mayo impressed MIami. Beasley was listed by some as 4th best player there (behind Rose, Mayo and Bayless).

Back