Trade Rumours

Yeah I would love for the Bucks to get either Alexander, Love, or Collison at 8. Otherwise trade it for a vet.

:36_11_6:
I see Beasley listed as 6'7 without shoes, 6'8.25 with.

Joe Alexander ran the 2nd fastest 3/4 court sprint behind Sonny Weems. Very impressive. He benched the 2nd most reps (24). Came in at 6'7.25" without shoes, 6'8.25" with shoes. Almost a 7 foot wingspan at 6'11.5. 32.5 inch vertical. Easily the best athlete there.

Donte Green and DJ Augustin could only do 185 2x on the bench.

Word is Mayo impressed MIami. Beasley was listed by some as 4th best player there (behind Rose, Mayo and Bayless).

Most draft boards have Alexander falling to the Blazers @ 13, I hope that is the case, otherwise I hope they trade the pick. I have a feeling Alexander ends up moving up in this draft as we get closer to draft time, once people start working him out. His potential is as high as anyone not named Rose/Beasley/Mayo, IMO.

Wow, I can understand DJ only being able to bench 2x, but I'm shocked Donte could only do it twice as well, I thought he had more strength than that.

How many did Durant bench last year, anyone remember?

According to the Times, Durant was the only prospect at camp who failed to bench press 185 pounds, and finished behind Oden in some key drills, including the vertical leap, agility drill and three-quarter court sprint.

Yeah it's not just a rumor w/ Wade... I feel it's going to happen. The way he's responding to it does not seem like there is any indication Miami has told him he's off the table. Miami has absolutely no chance at piecing together another team that can win in the next 3 or 4 seasons. They will want cap space, and youth and why not take on the player they covet in Rose, take a bargain scorer in Ben Gordan and a raw freak in Tyrus to build around? Marion will expire, Davis & Williams just expired. They'll have 30+ million in cap and D Rose to build around.

Bulls will gladly take the 2 & Wade.

Why stop there?

Hughes/Gooden #2 to LAC for Brand and Magette. I can only hope for that. I expect Wade to be in a Bulls uniform by August.

beasley measure 6'7" w/out shoes and 6'8.25" with shoes. That isnt great, but i believe he has enough strength and power that it wont matter. I dont know where you got 6'6.5". That is no where to be found.

I do remember a pretty good PF that was undersized at 6'4"/6'5". His name..................

Charles Barkley.

Also, the Heat dont need and PF and I think that Pat Riley is only going to draft beasley at 2 if he is absolutely convinced he is going to be a stud. So far he doesnt believe so, and thinks the OJ mayo would work great with DWade. I agree with this statement and think that beasley wouldnt fit well in with the heat, but who knows.
Riley knows that if he trades down just one spot or two, he will get a 2nd round/ next yr pick or a veteran that could be used as trade bait later. He is not a dumbass, just a savvy businessman/asshole coach (just to miami in 2007)

If D Wade can get back to his Finals MVP he was at with Shaq i'd gladly take him. But since he won that MVP award he's shown he's a tad content. He's also shown he cant handle a great deal of pain and was an absolute joke in a skills contest on all-star weekend. I want nothing to do with him if he's gonna be anything like the later.

I already have someone who can't guard a 2 or handle the ball at all.

Charles Barkley had a MJ type ego. I have every game of him and Michael in the 1993 finals. So much trash talking to Pippen, cussing, him throwing the ball at the base of the basket in frustration, smiling and laughing at Mike when he stole the ball from him, wanting to strangle Tom Chambers, etc.

Charles didnt have the height but his body was a rock back then and he wanted more than about 99.9% of the league. He was great at getting Horace on his back and using his body and footwork to shield him off. Horace was a great defensive PF but he couldnt handle Chuck downlow or outside.

Off top of my head ...

1. Rose (CHI)
2. Bayless (MIA)
3. Beasley (MIN)
4. Mayo (SEA)
5. Love (MEM)
6. Gallinari (NYK)
7. Gordon (LAC)
8. Westbrook (MIL)
9. Lopez (CHA)
10. Randolph (NJ)
11. Augustin (IND)
12. Arthur (SAC)
13. Green (POR)

I see Beasley listed as 6'7 without shoes, 6'8.25 with.

Joe Alexander ran the 2nd fastest 3/4 court sprint behind Sonny Weems. Very impressive. He benched the 2nd most reps (24). Came in at 6'7.25" without shoes, 6'8.25" with shoes. Almost a 7 foot wingspan at 6'11.5. 32.5 inch vertical. Easily the best athlete there.

Donte Green and DJ Augustin could only do 185 2x on the bench.

Word is Mayo impressed MIami. Beasley was listed by some as 4th best player there (behind Rose, Mayo and Bayless).

Off the top of your head? You're killing me Brewer. Multi color selections of the top 13 and you're trying to tell me that shit is off the top of your head. You've probably got whiteboards in your room dedicated to this draft. Hell you probably have a couple AAU coaches in your fav five.

ESPN and Chad Ford don't have shit on CTG. We have our own resident expert.

I would love to scout. Damn that be one sweet deal. But all i have from above and what i told you about Lopez and Chalmers is just googling at its best. :shake:

Figuring out what color should represent Charlotte took longer than me making that list. Then it dawned on me carolina blue. ;)

Well if you didn't notice I found some colors for Renew's Hornets in the other thread. Speaking of which I think it's about time for you to start a dedicated "Draft Thread" Mr. Ford.

I take it Chad Ford is the Mel Kiper of NBA for Espn?

But i really want to go to any public workouts that Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Bayless, Alexander may have in Chicago. Dont know if public workouts exist.

Tell the truth i don't know when draft is. I just now how to google and read opinions. Find a consensus and some seperate opinions. That's really all i've done so far.

You refresh this thread all night? And don't act like you didn't know who Chad Ford is.

I follow your posts in nba forum Jpicks.

I've heard the name (ford) but had no idea he did draft. I know who Hollinger is more than Ford with ESPN when it comes to player rankings.

Alexander and Westbrook are the 2 lottery guys I think will bust. I would not touch either of these guys.

I think Alexander is too good an athlete and too fundamental a player to be a bust. Will he be a starter his entire career? I dunno. But the way the game comes to him offensively with his size and athlete i think he be at worst solid produciton of bench.

I havent seen enough of Westbrook to think anything of him. Seems a bit like a tweener at the guard. I dont like players who dont have a definitive position. See Kirk Heinrich.

If D Wade can get back to his Finals MVP he was at with Shaq i'd gladly take him. But since he won that MVP award he's shown he's a tad content. He's also shown he cant handle a great deal of pain and was an absolute joke in a skills contest on all-star weekend. I want nothing to do with him if he's gonna be anything like the later.

I already have someone who can't guard a 2 or handle the ball at all.

You wouldn't take a proven top 10 player, for a complete unknown? If this trade ever came true, Wade+#2 for the #1, and whatever it takes contract wise from Chicago(nobody on there team should even take a second thought. It would be probably the greatest most lopsided trade of all time. It'd make Memphis management look like geniuses, period.

I see no way this happens, if it does, Riley should be be tarred and feathered by the rest of the league owners.

Honestly I had no idea who Chad Ford was either until I needed an ESPN draft guy to compare you to. Went and clicked a couple links and there he was. I was just giving you shit about it.

D Wade is a top 10 player on this year's end of the year rankings? He won what 9 games this year, was a turnover machine, couldnt defend a lick, showed no heart, ...

If Wade never played a game in Miami this year (yes he did play this year for you funny guys) how many less games would miami have won? 6 wins instead of 9?

D Wade is a top 10 player on this year's end of the year rankings? He won what 9 games this year, was a turnover machine, couldnt defend a lick, showed no heart, ...

If Wade never played a game in Miami this year (yes he did play this year for you funny guys) how many less games would miami have won? 6 wins instead of 9?

Maybe not top 10, but he's right up there, he had a terrible year last year, but he is still better than anyone else in this trade, or either roster. That trade would be a no brainer if your Chicago. And if your a heat fan, you might want to think about retiring in a new city

I think Alexander is too good an athlete and too fundamental a player to be a bust. Will he be a starter his entire career? I dunno. But the way the game comes to him offensively with his size and athlete i think he be at worst solid produciton of bench.

I havent seen enough of Westbrook to think anything of him. Seems a bit like a tweener at the guard. I dont like players who dont have a definitive position. See Kirk Heinrich.

Alexander is a great athlete, but that doesnt mean it will translate into being a good player. Heck Joey Graham tested as the best athlete 2 years ago, but the move from PF to SF is too difficult. Thats the type of transition Alexander has to make. Alexander likes to jump over people or use a dribble fake to penetrate right. I dont think he can get away with it as much at the next level.

Westbrook is in the same boat. Physically gifted athlete, but has to move into a different position at the pro level. Less gifted Antonio Daniels comes to mind.

Alexander is a great athlete, but that doesnt mean it will translate into being a good player. Heck Joey Graham tested as the best athlete 2 years ago, but the move from PF to SF is too difficult. Thats the type of transition Alexander has to make. Alexander likes to jump over people or use a dribble fake to penetrate right. I dont think he can get away with it as much at the next level.

Westbrook is in the same boat. Physically gifted athlete, but has to move into a different position at the pro level. Less gifted Antonio Daniels comes to mind.

Agreed with Westbrook, no jump shot to speak of, and no handles, the adjustment period is going to be rough for him, he better hope he goes to a team where he has time to develop.

From what I've seen/heard/read, it seems like Alexander was just starting to come into his own last year when Huggins came into town. His game is still raw, but he's dripping with potential. Like Westbrook if he can go to a team where he has a couple years to come in off the bench and learn the game without pressure to perform, and continues to develop he could be a very solid player. Spot starter, or really good 6th man, with that sparkplug ability. I think situation is critical, like it is with all players.

I guess I look his situation and last years progress as a building block more so than a fluke.

When did the Chicago media turn into the NY media?

Its like at the baseball trading deadline when everyone in baseball is gonna give away their best players for trash because the Yankees need them

why in the hell would miami give up the number 2 pick and one of the 10 best players in the league for the number 1 pick in a draft where theres two players who you could arguably flip a coin between?

unbelievable

Anybody with half a brain knows this article is nonsense. Gimme a break.

Billups, 'Sheed most likely to go by MICHAEL ROSENBERG

How about that Joe Dumars? He fired his coach, then made bigger news at the press conference

The Pistons president said he will try to shake up his core, a surprisingly bold statement intended to send a message to the rest of the league: Call me.

Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace are most likely to go. Richard Hamilton and Antonio McDyess are most likely to stay. Tayshaun Prince falls somewhere in between. I will explain all that in a second. But first, a word about the coach:

Michael Curry is the heavy favorite to be the next coach. This does not mean it's a done deal. It definitely won't happen this week.
Dumars will talk to Pistons assistant Terry Porter, the former Milwaukee head coach, and former Mavericks coach Avery Johnson, a fellow Louisianan who is interested in the job. But the job clearly is Curry's to lose, and he is unlikely to lose it.

When the new coach holds his first practice, which starter will be gone? I'll list them in order, from most likely to be traded to least likely:

1. Chauncey Billups
Last summer, the Pistons invested up to $60.5 million in Mr. Big Shot. So why is he the most likely to go? A few reasons.
Dumars talked Tuesday about a lack of urgency in his players. Billups is as responsible for that as anybody. Dumars surely wants a renewed emphasis on defense, and Billups is the weakest defender among starters.
Billups is most likely to go because teams covet point guards more than other positions, and the Pistons have two.
The Pistons believe Rodney Stuckey can be an elite point guard -- sooner rather than later. Billups, meanwhile, is still an All-Star-caliber player. Anybody with a young roster and a hole at point guard would have to be interested in him.
Billups has four years left on his contract, but the last year is not guaranteed. He is owed $36.3 million over the next three years -- reasonable by the NBA's unreasonable standards. So he is highly tradeable.
With Stuckey in the fold, the Pistons could package Billups and a young bench player for a high-scoring forward.

2. Rasheed Wallace
Wallace easily could go, but it's not just because the Pistons simply want to wash their hands of him. It is because he has high trade value.
Wallace's contract is up after next season, and in the wacky world of the NBA, that makes him more attractive to others. Expiring contracts mean future salary-cap space.
Wallace also is a 6-foot-10 forward with rare skills (though he didn't flash those skills enough during the Boston series). A contender might see him as the missing piece, and seeing as he has one year left on his deal, the risk is limited.
Dumars received several calls about Wallace last summer. He didn't really consider a trade then. He'll listen hard this time.

3. Tayshaun Prince
Other teams will want Prince for obvious reasons: He is the youngest Pistons starter (28), he has a reputation as an elite defensive player, and he is versatile.
But at times in recent years, Prince has not lived up to his defensive reputation -- he got torched by LeBron James in last year's playoffs and overpowered, at times, by Paul Pierce in this year's conference finals. Worse, Prince sometimes disappears offensively when he draws a big defensive assignment.
Prince might have saved his Pistons career with his performance in the first two rounds of the playoffs, when he was the team's best player. If he goes, it probably would be in a package with Billups or Wallace for a star.

4. Antonio McDyess
Sense of urgency? If anything, McDyess has too much of a sense of urgency. When the team loses two straight in January, he is apoplectic.
McDyess probably has more value to the Pistons than to anybody else. His attitude, reasonable contract and skill set are all appealing to the Pistons. But he turns 34 in September and is unlikely to fetch a big offer.
Expect him back.

5. Richard Hamilton
Rip isn't going anywhere. He is still among the best in the NBA at using screens, and he is a rare player who can average 20 points without dominating the ball.
Hamilton often has been compared to Reggie Miller -- another long, thin jump shooter who kept himself in great shape. Miller was an effective player into his late 30s. Rip is 30.
Of course, other teams like Hamilton for the same reasons. But if the Pistons trade him, they would need to acquire somebody with similar skills in the deal, and why trade Rip for a Rip imitation?
Besides, Hamilton would provide a perfect complement to Stuckey, who can drive to the basket at will but needs to work on his jump shot.
A Hamilton-Stuckey backcourt could keep the Pistons in contention for several years. And you might see it as soon as next season.
Contact MICHAEL ROSENBERG at 313-222-6052 or mrosenberg@freepress.com.

<!--endclickprintinclude-->

You wouldn't take a proven top 10 player, for a complete unknown? If this trade ever came true, Wade+#2 for the #1, and whatever it takes contract wise from Chicago(nobody on there team should even take a second thought. It would be probably the greatest most lopsided trade of all time. It'd make Memphis management look like geniuses, period.

I see no way this happens, if it does, Riley should be be tarred and feathered by the rest of the league owners.

Isn't that rumored deal Wade and the #2 pick for D.Rose (#1)?

Great write up Master P. The thing is, I'm trying to think (overlooking the salary and players for now from Pistons side), who will improve the Pistons? LeBron? Yes, but that won't happen. Who else? KG? Again, no chance. Howard can be the perfect player for the Pistons, but I doubt Magic will trade him, but they need someone like Billups perhaps. But who else? I mean let's go over the stars of the moment. Kobe, Wade, Denver's couple, Nash, Jefferson (either of them), Joe Johnson. I agree that Rip's will stay and now way they will trade Billups for another PG, since it will be dumb, so who is left? Ming, Amare and Howard as Centers. Boozer, KG, Jefferson, Gasol, Bosh, Jamison? Duncan, Nowitzki, West. From those, three Centers, Bosh and Boozer are the best five options if you rule out all the impossible trades as KG and LeBron.

From HoopsWorld.com:

It's becoming clearer and clearer that the Toronto Raptors and TJ Ford are going to part company. They will do so amicably, they'll part friends, but they're going to part company nonetheless. Ultimately, Jose Calderon is just too good to come off the bench and TJ has too much trade value to keep him sitting around. The word is that despite Ford's injury history his price tag and his upside (how about the determination it took to come back from that neck injury?) make him a hot commodity for the many teams who need help at the point.

Enter the San Antonio Spurs.

Few teams have had as much trouble finding a back-up point guard as the four-time champion San Antonio Spurs. Beno Udrih couldn't keep the job, but went on to do good things in Sacramento as a starter. Jacque Vaughn never really cracked the lineup when Tony Parker was healthy, and Damon Stoudamire was even less successful. If Gregg Popovich had another option neither of the old-timers would have taken the court at all.

TJ Ford is a UT grad, and hangs out in Austin to mentor young Longhorns as much as possible. For those of you without a map handy, Austin is an hour north of San Antonio, it's home to the Spurs-owned Austin Toros of the NBDL, and the official NBA team of the city is the Spurs. At the rate Austin's growing it will probably be a suburb of River City before long.

It's not a stretch to say Ford lands in Spurs country, where the fans adore him and he could truly help run the team and give Parker some rest. We all know how much Popovich loves to save his starters during the regular season. A healthy TJ gives him the option to take another five minutes per game off of Parker's shoulders, and also gives his a great option to use should Parker get hurt. Don't be surprised to see TJ get a lot of play from the Spurs this summer.

Last edited:
Cant see it. TJ wants to start and the Spurs just dont have the assets to pull of the deal.

TJ can start for half the teams in the league, why would BC diminish TJ's vale by sending him to a place where he'll be the primary back up.

IMO, Calderone is the guy I would unload and hope the Raptors unload.

The Indiana Pacers are trying to dangle the #11 pick in hopes of being able to package it with one of their ugly contracts (preferably Jermaine O’Neal). There is talk out of O’Neal’s camp that he anticipates being trade to Cleveland at some point this summer, possibly in a deal involving expiring contracts such as Wally Szczerbiak and Eric Snow.

One trade that is making the rounds would involve the Knicks sending Zach Randolph and the rights to the #6 pick to Philadelphia for a smaller contract, such as Reggie Evans, and the rights to the #16 pick—after July 1st (when Philadelphia’s cap space kicks in). New York would move into position to have significant cap space in the summer of 2010 (possibly to make a run at LeBron James)

Talk continues to circulate that the Denver Nuggets have promised to select Ty Lawson with the 20th pick later this month. Lawson pulled out of the NBA pre-draft camp after just one day, citing a hip-pointer, but was seen shooting around and looking absolutely fine just a few hours before he was supposed to play

Philly really dumb enough to trade for Zach?

Mo reportedly likes him from his days in portland

they need a 4 but i dont think randolphs the guy...he doesnt fit the style of play the sixers are going with now any more than he fits Dantonis system (which is one of the reasons theyre trying to get rid of him)

however, if it includes the 6 pick and Mayo or Bayless is somehow still there, im listening...

and nevermind - i just looked at his contract and what hes got left

no way in hell the sixers touch him, no matter what the knicks throw in

just met one of the Raptors scouts today at work, he came by to pick up some suits and he was off to Italy to scout some players. Looks like we're going international T-Dot

just met one of the Raptors scouts today at work, he came by to pick up some suits and he was off to Italy to scout some players. Looks like we're going international T-Dot

not worried. All the scouts will be at Treviso checking out the International talent. Our scouts will be there for that, as well as securing the passage of Ukic to come over next year.

RUDY Fernandez announced today he will join the Portland TrailBlazers for the next season.
This is team going to be scary good in a few years if they keep everything together.

Considering Brandon Roy is older than most 2 guard vets in this league.... and Oden has never played. I wouldn't get too high on this Blazers team that simply plays hard when other teams don't.

Considering Brandon Roy is older than most 2 guard vets in this league.... and Oden has never played. I wouldn't get too high on this Blazers team that simply plays hard when other teams don't.

Still bitter about Tyrus Thomas?

Brandon Roy is older than most 2 gaurds? Umm.... I suppose so, but he's also better than most 2 gaurds too, so I guess I'll take an over the hill 23 year old whose a top 7-8 SG in the league, with two years under his belt. I wasn't aware 23 is the new 36. But the times, they are a changin'.

I'll give you Oden though, he's still an unknown, but if he developes into a 14/14/3 Player he should, then that's all we need him to be. My only concern is his health long term with one leg being longer than the other.

But I'll take the team that plays harder than it's opponents day in day out, that sounds like what Champions do, play harder. Can't deny the talent is in place, plus they play harder... I'm having trouble seeing exactly what your argument is, Roy is 23, and that puts him past his prime. As a team they play harder than most everyone else in the league, and Oden is still an unknown.

Nobodies talking about a champion in 08-09, this is longer term. Paul Allen hasn't tried to buy a championship since 2002:36_11_6:

Do the Pistons have eyes for Carmelo Anthony? It's no secret NBA front-office executives have tried to measure if the Nuggets might actually be willing to part ways with the 24-year-old Anthony, despite assurances to his agent that Denver is not actively shopping the high-scoring forward on the trade market. Look for the Pistons, who fell just short of reaching the NBA Finals for the third straight season, to be among the teams putting out feelers in regard to Anthony's availability, according to a league source.

It only took 5 years but is Joe D finally admitting he fucked up??? I mean you coulda just DRAFTED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE and avoided having to go through the formality of trading half your starting 5 for him, but what do i know?

hehe nice writeup

Do the Pistons have eyes for Carmelo Anthony? It's no secret NBA front-office executives have tried to measure if the Nuggets might actually be willing to part ways with the 24-year-old Anthony, despite assurances to his agent that Denver is not actively shopping the high-scoring forward on the trade market. Look for the Pistons, who fell just short of reaching the NBA Finals for the third straight season, to be among the teams putting out feelers in regard to Anthony's availability, according to a league source.

It only took 5 years but is Joe D finally admitting he fucked up??? I mean you coulda just DRAFTED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE and avoided having to go through the formality of trading half your starting 5 for him, but what do i know?

But considering he got a ring by not drafting Melo, it think Joe won. But what do I know hehe

Back