Trade Rumours

Maybe not top 10, but he's right up there, he had a terrible year last year, but he is still better than anyone else in this trade, or either roster. That trade would be a no brainer if your Chicago. And if your a heat fan, you might want to think about retiring in a new city

2007-08 Statistics

<DL id=prastats><DT>PPG </DT><DD>24.6 </DD><DT>RPG </DT><DD>4.20 </DD><DT>APG </DT><DD>6.9 </DD><DT class=pralast>EFF </DT><DD class=pralast>+ 21.78 </DD></DL>

I don't like to go by numbers, but he played hurt for most of year with a bunch of terrible players.

Ron Artest Could Sign With Knicks

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=quote>The critics are still out on what kind of defensive identity the Knicks will develop under new coach Mike D'Antoni. Perhaps Ron Artest can help.

The Knicks may have a chance to sign Artest to a five-year, $30 million mid-level exception, if he opts out of the last year of his contract with the Sacramento Kings and becomes a free agent on July 1. That contract would pay him $7.4 million. It's even a possibility the Knicks could work a sign-and-trade with Sacramento, if the Kings would agree to it.

When the Daily News asked the Queensbridge product if he would like to play for the team he grew up watching, Artest flashed a huge grin.

"Who wouldn't want to?" Artest said in the tunnel outside the Garden's locker rooms following yesterday's WNBA game between the Liberty and Monarchs. "I'm not going to talk about that stuff till July 1. I don't play for the money, I play for the love."</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/06/08/2008-06-08_ron_artest_has_eyes_on_knicks_stint.html

not drafting melo had NOTHING to do with them winning a ring...all it did was keep them from winning two or three....

That is SOOO wrong.

You draft melo, then you never get to trade for Wallace halfway through that year. The defense wouldn't have been as dominant and who knows how Anthony would have fit in. The other big reason we won that finals was Prince's defense on Kobe.

Anthony is a selfish player and lazy on defense. No thanks, don't want him. Loved hi mat Syracuse and did want him, not now though.

Lets also remember, that Joe made up for the Darko pick. The stuckey pick this year was part of the Darko trade.

To ad to Artest talk.

from www.hoopsworld.com

Ron-Ron And The Knicks: Leave it to the New York papers to run a story suggesting Ron Artest would sign with the Knicks. They even filed the story under a headline of "Ron Artest Has Eyes On Knicks Stint" but Artest has one year left on his deal with the Kings at $7.4 million and an Early Termination option. Ron and his agent have said Ron does not plan to use that option, but in typical Ron-Ron fashion he adds fuel to the fire by talking to reporters. When Ron was asked if he wanted to play for the Knicks his answer was: "Who wouldn't want to?" according to the New York Daily News. "I'm not going to talk about that stuff till July 1. I don't play for the money, I play for the love." League sources, when asked to comment on this story, simply said, "Its Ron being Ron…" Kings sources were asked about Ron's status last week, and said almost the same thing. The odds Ron Artest does opt out likely remain 50/50. He has until June 30th to decide, but honestly - does anyone think Donnie Walsh lets Ron Artest into the building in a Knicks jersey? Sure he traded for Ron from Chicago, but he was also more than eager to send him to Sacramento for a stack of T-shirts. If anyone knows that Ron is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, it's Donnie Walsh. I am filing this one under – "Its Ron being Ron."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=8998

A Deal Between the Nuggets and Pistons

There are myriad of deals that could be made between these two teams with a number of potential big-salary players. The final shape a potential deal might take is not yet known. At this stage, what is known is that there are the requisite pieces on both sides necessary for serious discussions to take place. Whether Denver and Detroit can agree on a deal both sides deem fair, though, remains to be seen.
Contrary to popular believe, the Nuggets are not actively shopping Carmelo Anthony. However, the team would be open to moving him to Detroit for the right package, and that package would likely have to include three of the following players: Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton and Jason Maxiell. The Nuggets would likely have to include at least one other player to make the deal work financially, but even so, that's a lot for the Pistons to give up. Much to the chagrin of Piston fans, and other interested parties around the league, the Nuggets are not going to sell Melo at any kind of a discount.
As such, the chances of a deal featuring Anthony being sent to Detroit aren't as good as some might think. That said, the Nuggets could still build a very intriguing package around Allen Iverson as mentioned in this space last week. Moreover, the Nuggets are open to moving anyone else on the roster including such names as Marcus Camby, Nene and Linas Kleiza. The Pistons are also reportedly prepared to move anyone with the definite exception of Rodney Stuckey and the possible exception of Jason Maxiell.
Put simply, you can't find too many teams willing to part with virtually every player on its roster. And since both the Nuggets and the Pistons are willing to part with almost anyone, this creates more options for potential trades thereby increasing the chance a deal gets done. If these two teams don't make headlines together at some point in the offseason, it certainly won't be for lack of effort.

Corey Maggette for T.J. Ford
Last summer the Clippers had a deal on the table which would have sent Corey Maggette to the Dallas Mavericks for Jason Terry. Ultimately, this deal was vetoed by Clippers ownership. However, it demonstrated that the Clippers understood the team needed veteran help at the point guard position. It also showed that the Clippers understood Maggette's time in LA had run its course.
A year later, not much has changed. Maggette's days in LA still appear numbered, and the Clippers still need a veteran point guard.
Enter the Toronto Raptors.
It's the worst kept secret in the league that the Raptors are looking to unload Ford this summer and officially hand over the starting point guard spot to Jose Calderon. Perhaps more important, though, is the fact both the Clippers and the Raptors have something the other needs.
In Ford, the Clippers would get a lightning quick point guard to replace Sam Cassell. Moving Maggette would also allow second-year forward Al Thornton to assume the duties as full-time starter at the three-spot.
Toronto coach Sam Mitchell called his team soft on a number occasions last season and did everything short of beg his team to take the ball strong to the rack. By acquiring Maggette the Raptors would get one of the strongest slashers in the Association, not to mention six to eight additional free throw attempts per-game.
A trade of Maggette for Ford straight up could happen a couple of different ways. The most likely scenario would involve Corey Maggette opting out of his current contract and then agreeing to a sign-and-trade. It's worth noting such a deal could not be consummated until July 15th. The other way this deal could go down is if Maggette doesn't opt out and the Raptors simply acquire him in the final year of his current deal.

Reno

That would be horrendous for DET to get Melo....but I think one or both teams moves a few "stars" or actively pursue it. Because both are in very similar situations that there not going to win a ring with what they have right now.

Last edited:
Reno

That would be horrendous for DET to get Denver....but I think one or both teams moves a few "stars" or actively pursue it. Because both are in very similar situations that there not going to win a ring with what they have right now.
agreed

I wouldn't trade Hunter for Melo even. If Melo was a free agent and was willing to sign a minimum contract, no way I would sign him if I were a GM. One of the worse players in the league and I just can't understand how come Isiah haven't brought him to the Knicks. Marbury, Randolph, Curry, he would have felt right at home...

LOL Divol

here is an interesting 3 team trade

Billups and Wallace to Denver
Melo and Camby to Phoenix
Amare to Detroit

Clippers are guaranteed to go after a pg. Sad about Livingston though.

An NBA source said the Clippers aren't expected to make Livingston a qualifying offer (the lowest starts at $5.8 million), making him an unrestricted free agent July 1. But with major knee concerns, it's uncertain the Clippers, or any team, will be rushing to sign him. According to the source, Livingston can't work out back-to-back days and needs about 90 minutes of therapy before doing noncontact basketball drills. There is speculation he might not be able to play at the NBA level again.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basket.../06/09/this_wolve_joins_the_pack/?page=2//url

IMO, a trade for Mags will result in the Rapt5ors toiling in mediocrity for the next few years. Calderone is the one that has to go.

No way Denver does that deal.

BAR

forget Melo, the Stons should have drafted Bosh. end of story. imagine him playing with B Wallace at his prime and the trade for Sheed still would have happened given the Hawks position at the time.

would have been a completely different story in Detroit.

BAR

forget Melo, the Stons should have drafted Bosh. end of story. imagine him playing with B Wallace at his prime and the trade for Sheed still would have happened given the Hawks position at the time.

would have been a completely different story in Detroit.
Now, that I can totally agree with.

That tj ford for maggette trade would be good for the raps.

They need a wingman who can score consistently, but im not too sure about his defending.

LOL Divol

Amare to Detroit

I like that one especially if the Suns could get Shaq to be fine with the 7th guy role. 25 mill a year for a 7th guy isn't to bad is it?

Also a bit concerned wether Wallace would instantly become worthless in Denver. I really like the guy, but I honestly think that if the Pistons trade him it might be the last time you ever here him doing anything worthwhile in this league.

Gilbert Arenas lived up to his word and opted out of the final year of his contract, the Wizards said Monday, in a expected move reported by the Associated Press.

Turned down 11 mill. Lot of teams are searching for a pg, but I dont thaink anyone will pony up the money Gil is asking for.

LOL Divol

Amare to Detroit

Interesting trade or your wet dream B.A.R. ? :)

Detroit surely enjoy the fact that Amare is young and energetic and they can teach him some D as well because he has the ability to play D. But how will Melo fit in? He should be Matrix, best perimeter defender replacement... Camby and Suns sounds like a good combination, but Melo? He should play in team like Minnesota, where he will be the only star in a thousand miles radius.
Still, if Detroit gets Amare, it will be great for them. Just the player they need...

If the Suns trade Amare, they better get more than a spot-scorer and aging rebounder and shot-blocker. As for my pathetic Knicks, Arenas would be a step in the right direction, if it weren't that we were 40 million over the cap, Isiah really F'd things up.

free up some cash...sign agent zero...run stoudamire/thad young/arenas/andre miller/insert random guy here...thats a pretty decent squad in the east

I would give up everything for amare if i'm bulls. pax and kerr you're friends make things happen.

think the suns would take dalembert and iguodala for stoudamire?

That can be a really good trade for both teams. Sixers will get a franchise player and Suns will get a young Matrix replacement that Nash will enjoy playing with and can play solid D and Dalembert will enjoy Nash and his assists and should be a solid defender in the paint.

That tj ford for maggette trade would be good for the raps.

They need a wingman who can score consistently, but im not too sure about his defending.

Mags is the type of player the Raps need, but everything else about him screams "stay the hell away."

Mags would be a rent a player for 1 year or a 30 year old wing looking for a pay raise on the last year of his contract. Raps are not looking to dump TJ for salary or will be willing to give Mags the extension he thinks he deserves.

The Raptors will regret the day they trade off Ford instead of Calderone. Unless we get Arenas,then I can see Caldy as a better fit.

Blockbuster deal for Pistons, Nuggets?

Posted: Tuesday June 10, 2008 07:47AM ET

Truth is, the Pistons would be willing to trade Chauncey Billups, and others, and the Nuggets are agreeable to listen to offers for Carmelo Anthony and others. The Pistons have point guard-in-waiting Rodney Stuckey, who took over when Billups strained his hamstring in the playoffs. An exchange of Anthony, Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin and Chucky Atkins for Billups, Tayshaun Prince, Rasheed Wallace and Detroit's first-round pick (29th) makes the most sense (and dollars under the cap for the Nuggets) and is scary-good for both teams.

2007-08 Statistics

<DL id=prastats><DT>PPG <DD>24.6 <DT>RPG <DD>4.20 <DT>APG <DD>6.9 <DT class=pralast>EFF <DD class=pralast>+ 21.78 </DD></DL>

I don't like to go by numbers, but he played hurt for most of year with a bunch of terrible players.

Be all means I agree with you. He had a bad season by his standards and what was expected of him. I was saying even despite the poor year (by his standards), he's still a top 10 player in the league.

Maggette will opt out at the end of the month.

Garbo will be bought out by the Raptors. Apparently he is going against team orders to rehab by playing for Spain during the summer. FYI he missed most of last season due to the same recurring injury. He went against the raptors team doctors by playing for Spain during the qualifiers last summer.

Garbo cost us the season and thank God BC squashes this distraction early.

Blockbuster deal for Pistons, Nuggets?

Posted: Tuesday June 10, 2008 07:47AM ET

Truth is, the Pistons would be willing to trade Chauncey Billups, and others, and the Nuggets are agreeable to listen to offers for Carmelo Anthony and others. The Pistons have point guard-in-waiting Rodney Stuckey, who took over when Billups strained his hamstring in the playoffs. An exchange of Anthony, Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin and Chucky Atkins for Billups, Tayshaun Prince, Rasheed Wallace and Detroit's first-round pick (29th) makes the most sense (and dollars under the cap for the Nuggets) and is scary-good for both teams.

who wrote this shit? scary-good? get the fuck outta here. No chance in hell that Dumars would trade that much for so little.

Prince is a Piston for the future no way he'd get traded for dead weight, psychotic retards like Martin or Atkins

hahaha...it was on CNNSI and just said from the Denver Post...clicked on the link and it was written by....

.....Woody Paige!

Pacers, KNicks, Raptors and the Trailblazers have been aggressive in trade talks (not just with each other, but with everyone)

Rumours are that the 76ers are making a push for Calderone.

Lou (Deptford, NJ): C'mon Chad what's up with the Sixers? We have all this cap room ... they have to be planning something ...

SportsNation Chad Ford: (5:36 PM ET ) I keep hearing that the guy they're targeting is Jose Calderon. That's a bit of a surprise ... but if they land Calderon, then they can turn around and move Andre Miller.

Ron Keron (Ceuta): What will happen with calderon, is there a price that cannot be matched by toronto?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (5:45 PM ET ) They say they'll match any offer ... but if Philly offered $10 million a year ... that would be tough to swallow.

Hey T-dot why all the love for Ford. I think Caldy is the better pg, Ford has more talent yes, but he takes more chances, and still lacks good decision making in games, I want him to be good, and if he could just be a better leader on the floor he could be a top 5 in the league, but he just tries to win the game by himself too much

Hey T-dot why all the love for Ford. I think Caldy is the better pg, Ford has more talent yes, but he takes more chances, and still lacks good decision making in games, I want him to be good, and if he could just be a better leader on the floor he could be a top 5 in the league, but he just tries to win the game by himself too much

He has to win the game himself. Every Raptor is very limited in what they can do offensively. Calderone is a safe/solid player that plays within the system. TJ Ford is a match-up nightmare. His speed allows him to break down any D and dribble penetrate. Raptors need someone that can create because we have ZERO players that can create for themselves. Carter was a luxury that Raptor fans took for granted. He masked all of our deficiencies.
Ford usually tries to take over a game because he hates to lose and because no one else is doing anything. Most of his big numbers come from losses because he had to. Raptors are a soft team, TJ is the only one that isnt. IMO, reward far outweighs the risk .

TJ is our chance at greatness. Calderone is our chance to remain in mediocrity. He's a top 10 pg in the league, talent wise potentially top 5.

ESPN's Chad Ford lists six trade rumors involving the Pistons in a Thursday column, one of which has the Bobcats sending Gerald Wallace, Adam Morrison, Sean May and the No. 9 pick to the Pistons for Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince.
Larry Brown might want to shake up the Bobcats and bring in some proven winners, while the Pistons would certainly like to get their hands on an athletic player like Wallace. Whether they'd want the oft-injured duo with him is up for debate. It's just a rumor, but the fact it's out there will likely get Wallace's name popping up in other rumors for the rest of the summer.

ESPN's Chad Ford lists six trade rumors involving the Pistons in a Thursday column, one of which has the Bobcats sending Gerald Wallace, Adam Morrison, Sean May and the No. 9 pick to the Pistons for Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince.
Larry Brown might want to shake up the Bobcats and bring in some proven winners, while the Pistons would certainly like to get their hands on an athletic player like Wallace. Whether they'd want the oft-injured duo with him is up for debate. It's just a rumor, but the fact it's out there will likely get Wallace's name popping up in other rumors for the rest of the summer.

ALL FUCKIN DAY

:tiphat::cheers:

Mags is the type of player the Raps need, but everything else about him screams "stay the hell away."

Mags would be a rent a player for 1 year or a 30 year old wing looking for a pay raise on the last year of his contract. Raps are not looking to dump TJ for salary or will be willing to give Mags the extension he thinks he deserves.

The Raptors will regret the day they trade off Ford instead of Calderone. Unless we get Arenas,then I can see Caldy as a better fit.

The Raptors are better off keeping Calderon.

Those times when TJ quit on the team and his general attitude on and off the court, isolated him from his teammates. Ford has talent, but he's not very intelligent and is a selfish person.

And I cant see Arenas coming to Toronto.

i agree with u Tdot thta he has the ppotential, and if he puts it all together he is top 5, but i dont no if he will ever be able to put it all together and his decision making still needs work, but who knows he could be a late bloomer,

Zach Randolph could be a likely trade target for the Pistons this summer as they look to shake up their roster, according to The Detroit Free Press. Randolph doesn't fit well in Mike D'Antoni's system with the Knicks, and he wouldn't be nearly as expensive as other players who have been linked to the Pistons, such as Carmelo Anthony.
The former Michigan State star has three years and $48 million remaining on his current deal.

Guess joe is looking to strike it rich in the lottery in the next few years.

Zach Randolph could be a likely trade target for the Pistons this summer as they look to shake up their roster, according to The Detroit Free Press. Randolph doesn't fit well in Mike D'Antoni's system with the Knicks, and he wouldn't be nearly as expensive as other players who have been linked to the Pistons, such as Carmelo Anthony.
The former Michigan State star has three years and $48 million remaining on his current deal.
:3_8_14::down::crap_on_face:

again I gotta ask who reported this shit?

Does anyone really think Dumars would bring in the mopiest motherfucking player in the L (Zachy) to replace the player most in need of a Paxil prescription (Sheedy)?

Dumars would not bring in randolph. period

Sheed is lazy as fuck so why wouldnt he bring in another lazy fuck? Makes sense to me.:popcorn:

Heard a rumor today that

Memphis has offered Mike Miller and the number 5, for the number 3 (Minnesota) and contract fillers.

DraftExpress broke word in which the possibility of the Sixers trading up to the #5 spot was mentioned. The Memphis Grizzlies hold the #5 pick, and this could be a match made in heaven when you look at the bigger picture. The Grizzlies are still looking to dump salary, they like Rodney Carney, or at least have been rumored to in the past, and the Sixers are basically the only team who can provide them some cap relief.

The trade proposed was the #5 pick, Mike Miller and Brian Cardinal (roughly $15M in 2008-2009 cap dollars) for the #16 pick, Rodney Carney, Jason Smith and cap space (The Sixers will have between $10M-$12M, depending). Cardinal is garbage, it wouldn't shock me if he was bought out immediately if the Sixers did trade for him. Both Miller's and Cardinal's deals expire after the '09-'10 season, meaning the Sixers would clear $16.5M in cap space that Summer. Andre Miller's deal will clear $10M after next season

Brewer, get Pax on the phone, I'll give you Odom and Farmar for Hinrich, Gordon and a future first round pick.

This is just rumors...

Mcgrady to the Pistons

Billups and Prince to the Rockets

Beasley might not be the 2nd pick

Riley reportedly loves Mayo

DraftExpress broke word in which the possibility of the Sixers trading up to the #5 spot was mentioned. The Memphis Grizzlies hold the #5 pick, and this could be a match made in heaven when you look at the bigger picture. The Grizzlies are still looking to dump salary, they like Rodney Carney, or at least have been rumored to in the past, and the Sixers are basically the only team who can provide them some cap relief.

The trade proposed was the #5 pick, Mike Miller and Brian Cardinal (roughly $15M in 2008-2009 cap dollars) for the #16 pick, Rodney Carney, Jason Smith and cap space (The Sixers will have between $10M-$12M, depending). Cardinal is garbage, it wouldn't shock me if he was bought out immediately if the Sixers did trade for him. Both Miller's and Cardinal's deals expire after the '09-'10 season, meaning the Sixers would clear $16.5M in cap space that Summer. Andre Miller's deal will clear $10M after next season

Hmmm...i wonder who theyre trying to get? Im gonna assume Rose, Beasley, Mayo and Bayless are off the board...Love maybe? And that trade cannot be complete without KYLE LOWRY!!! Cmon...ive been calling for a Carney for Lowry trade since Lowry came in the league!!

Amare is a beast but his knee is a huge concern. He needs to have surgery on that thing once every 3 or 4 seasons and takes a full one to recover after it. He roughly will give you 2 full years of production for every 4 years under contract.

Plus, he's the worst defending big man in the league and refuses to play it. For a vet, he makes stupid gambles and is always in foul trouble.

I would hate to watch him though on an inexperienced team with a second rate PG or worse... b/c you will see him exposed big time.

Plus, he's the worst defending big man in the league and refuses to play it. For a vet, he makes stupid gambles and is always in foul trouble.

cough, cough, the entire frontcourt of the Knicks (except Lee) might have something to say about that comment.

Back