Trade Rumours

Brewer, get Pax on the phone, I'll give you Odom and Farmar for Hinrich, Gordon and a future first round pick.

My team has too many log jams. Im done trying to figure out what to do or we might do. Ill just wait for whatever to happen to take its place this summer and then decide how i like/dont like it.

FROM ESPN's FORD

With the NBA draft just days away and teams getting close to finishing their workouts with prospects, GMs are getting serious about jockeying for position in the draft.

The last few days, a number of GMs have told me the phones ring more and more, with serious trade discussions taking place. Those talks will hit a fever pitch next week.

Here's what we're hearing so far:

The Phoenix Suns have put Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw on the table in attempts to either move up in the draft or secure another veteran to play alongside Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal.

"I think our needs are pretty clear," one Suns insider told ESPN.com. "We can't ask Grant Hill to play 40 minutes a night, and Barbosa isn't really a point guard."

The Suns own the Atlanta Hawks' pick at No. 15, but the players they covet in the draft -- Russell Westbrook, Joe Alexander and Brandon Rush -- probably will be lottery picks.

Small forwards on the market include Richard Jefferson of the New Jersey Nets, Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks, Gerald Wallace of the Charlotte Bobcats and Tayshaun Prince of the Detroit Pistons.

But there are stumbling blocks to each deal. The Mavs might not want to send Howard to a rival team. Detroit president Joe Dumars is probably not interested in Diaw. The Nets need contracts that expire by 2010. And it's unclear whether the Suns would be willing to take back Wallace's contract.

<HR align=center width=300>
The Suns and a number of other teams are talking to the Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Clippers, Milwaukee Bucks, Portland Trail Blazers and Nets about trading up in (or out of) the draft.

The Wolves seem especially ready to make a deal if Michael Beasley isn't on the board at No. 3. They like several of the bigs in this draft, including Brook Lopez, Kevin Love and Danilo Gallinari, but none of them is worth taking at No. 3.

It appears the Wolves won't take back veterans, though. Several GMs told me that Kevin McHale is looking for young players only.

The Knicks' Donnie Walsh would like to find a new home for Zach Randolph, but he has struggled to find takers. And New York would love to move up a spot or two in the draft to get O.J. Mayo or Jerryd Bayless.

If it can't, much-desired Westbrook might be the target. Word of the Knicks' interest in Westbrook has generated phone calls from teams trying to get him.

The Clippers have been looking to move up to the No. 3 spot to get Mayo, and they've talked with a number of teams about virtually everyone on L.A.'s roster.

According to one Clippers insider, "No one is safe right now." With players such as Elton Brand, Al Thornton and Chris Kaman on the roster, the Clips could jolt things as the draft approaches.

The Bucks have been trying to move up in the draft to add some star power to their team.

In particular, we've heard Mayo's name associated with the Bucks. The Bucks have been trying to get into that seven-team Mayo workout in Chicago on Saturday to get a closer look.

Bucks GM John Hammond has gotten a lot of calls, with other teams especially interested in Yi Jianlian and Charlie Villanueva. Mo Williams and Michael Redd are also in play in Milwaukee right now.

The Nets, I'm told, did not make a promise to draft Gallinari -- in part, that's because they might not keep the No. 10 pick. They are trying to find a deal that brings them a star in the draft and/or allows them to move Richard Jefferson to clear cap space for the summer of 2010. Right now, it looks as though the cap space solution is the more likely option for New Jersey.

The Blazers have the 13th, 33nd, 36th and 55th picks in the draft. Obviously, they don't want four rookies joining the two they already have coming in -- Greg Oden and Rudy Fernandez.

GM Kevin Pritchard, as always, is being creative trying to package those picks with young assets such as Jarrett Jack and Travis Outlaw and the expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz to move up or to get a veteran. Portland also is considering packaging those second-round picks to get another first-round pick.
To hear Pritchard talk about the Blazers' draft plan in our Tuesday podcast, click here.

<HR align=center width=300>

We have, it appears, our first known promise of the draft. Multiple sources say that UCLA's Westbrook has shut down all workouts and has a promise in the mid-lottery range.

Apparently the promise isn't coming from the Knicks. They like Westbrook at No. 6, but they're also looking at Mayo, Bayless, Alexander and Eric Gordon.

The promise isn't coming from the Bucks or Pacers; neither team was able to get him in for a workout.

That leaves the Clippers at No. 7 and the Bobcats at No. 9. As noted above, the Clippers are trying to move up to get Mayo, so I doubt it's them. That leaves the Bobcats as the most likely to have made a promise to Westbrook.

One other possibility: The Seattle SuperSonics have taken a strong interest in Westbrook, according to sources. Although No. 4 is a little higher than expected for him to go, one source said it's possible that the Sonics will trade down a few spots and take Westbrook.

More trade notes:

• With the Lakers flaming out in the Finals, it didn't take long for speculation about Lamar Odom to begin. A number of teams covet Odom because of his expiring contract.

I'd expect the Lakers to hear from the Nets (for Richard Jefferson), the Bulls (for Andres Nocioni), the Kings (for Ron Artest) and the Grizzlies (for Mike Miller).

The Lakers and Grizzlies, as you might remember, have a history.

• The hottest rumor of the day has the Grizzlies and Denver Nuggets talking about a swap that would send Kyle Lowry and the No. 28 pick to Denver for the No. 20 and Linas Kleiza.

• The Cleveland Cavaliers have been talking to a number of teams about Anderson Varejao.

One possible destination for Varejao is the Golden State Warriors. According to a source familiar with the talks, the Cavs would send Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for Brandan Wright. The Warriors hold a $10 million trade exception that allows them to take back a lot more money than they send out in a trade.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

Lakers can have Noch. He cant guard a 3 at all or big enough to play 4. I hate tweeners.

Take Gordon, too, while you at. Kirk, as well.

odom for artest deal makes sense.

lakers need more toughness, and phil got rodman to behave with the bulls, so he should be able to control artest.

A few more rumors dealing with Odom

Grizzlies trying to dump salary pretty badly as we all know so therei s a rumor out there right now that Odom would be traded for Mike Miller. As a guy who lives Kobe Bryant, this deal would be bullshit

Also, Jermaine Oneal is probably not gonna get traded this summer because...no one really wants him

an arm and a leg?

No idea but id assume that if the trade is fair Dumars is doing it, hes ready to sell half the team off

gurv, what don't you like about the miller-odom deal? miller would be the perfect 3 in the triangle and odom has no role on the lakers with bynum coming back.

Ive heard nothing about Prince agoing to Hornets but that would be interesting

some more shit ive heard, going more in depth, I think that in all likely hodo the Bulls are taking Rose, but its far from a lock that the Heat take Beasley. The Heat want Mayo pretty badly, I dont know if that means they take him in the 2nd pick, they take him with a trade of the 2nd pick, they take him with there 22nd pick?

If the Heat dont get Rose, they are going to shop Haslem, Haslem for Hinrich has been up in the air, Haslem for TJ ford, Haslem for Jarrett Jack?

gurv, what don't you like about the miller-odom deal? miller would be the perfect 3 in the triangle and odom has no role on the lakers with bynum coming back.

Thats true, I forgot about Bynum for some reason, but my question is, if the Grizzlies are dumping salary, ive gotta figure Odom is getting paid a lot considering he was the Heat #1 player when he signed his contract? Unless he got a extension in LA that I didnt pay attention too. Mike Miller could replace Vlad as the shooter on the starting 5 because Vlad is just a mess.

I forgot about the Bynum factor, im not sure if it goes down though

Knicks are shopping their pick big time, they want another PG because as of now Marbury is the only PG on the roster. Then again they could just draft a PG but that probably wouldnt go well

The T-wolves like Love a lot

Thats all I have for today

the heat are going to trade down with the grizzlies i think and the grizz are going to throw in miller and lowry and there pick

the heat are going to trade down with the grizzlies i think and the grizz are going to throw in miller and lowry and there pick

The wolves aren't going to pass on Mayo though. It sounds like Seattle is set on Bayless, but I don't think he gets past the Wolves @ 3, even with Foye/McCants already there. So why trade down miss on Mayo and Beasley?

Odom's future with the Lakers looks very shaky. He has one year left on his contract and after lakers sign Bynum to the max (5/$80 mill) they will not be able to extend Odom's contract. It looks very likely that he gets traded this summer. However, Bynum will probably come off the bench and get 20-30 min a game until late in the season so another PF would be essential to their lineup. I would prefer to trade Odom for Prince or Odom/Rad for Matrix.

the heat skipping on mayo and beasley wouldnt surprise me.. both players have to many similarities and may clash with the players on the team.. i would think they want to trade down add a veteran and a pick plus you dont have to pay as much for the pick.

SOME RUMORS... (sources are various hoop articles all over the net.bogus? that's why we call them rumors

1. Varejao is being shopped hard by the cavs because of his contract and the cavs unwanting to pay luxury, sources say they have talked to around 4 teams
1a. the trade of varejao and the 19th to warriors for wright is said to be UNTRUE
1b. varejao already v-toed a trade, sources didnt identify the team, varejao is said to be looking for minutes and wanting to play for a playoff team not just some subpar team

2.Cavs are said to want harrington for varejao

3.Cavs want to move up and draft rush

4. RJ for odom? nets may want odoms expiring for the 2010 plan and sources said that odom may not fit as the small forward of the team when bynum returns with the lack of outside shooting, lakers may also want to dump odoms contract coz bynums extenstion date is indeed coming... again rumors

5.little kitties will draft a pg or center at 9

6.sonics may trade a second rounder to the cavs

7.camby on the block to save money

lets get more interesting shall we?

8. Suns want to trade diaw or leandro for a first

9. Diaw for Ford and the 17th.... Ford played for porter a few years ago (bucks)

10. Webster, the 13th and another guy for Leandro

AWAY from the trades (sorry for posting these here), yup i read the thread title

-Marc Gasol may get three years from the griz

-posey opting out of player option and get more money

-Navarro is definitely getting more money in spain around 20 to 24mil for four years while getting 500,000+ yearr in the nba (what a joke)

-Rose DOESNT WANT to work out for HEAT (REJOICE!), too early, hope i didnt jinx anything

Heres some rumors from the Milwaukee Bucks beat writer who has some good connections within the NBA

Rumors still flying

With the NBA draft less than two weeks away – June 26th, to be precise – rumors continue to swirl around the Bucks.

There has been ample talk the Bucks would like to package their No. 1 pick and a player — perhaps Charlie Villanueva – for an established player – or to move up in the draft — possibly with Minnesota at No. 3 — to possibly select Southern California guard O.J. Mayo.

It’s no secret the Timberwolves are receptive to moving back and acquiring another player, especially considering they have so many holes to plug.

There are also whispers both Washington — which has the 18th pick — and Golden State — which has the 14h pick — are more than willing to unload their picks.

Golden State has shown interest in Villanueva and Bucks power forward Yi Jianlian in the past. The Wizards apparently are looking for a player who can immediately fit into their rotation.

Bucks guards draw interest

It’s almost a foregone conclusion that either Michael Redd or Mo Williams will be jettisoned to another zip code this summer.

Redd has piqued the curiosity of a bunch of teams, including the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers. But Redd has two guaranteed years left on his contract for $33 million, plus a player’s option for another $18.3 million.

Williams is guaranteed $35 million over the next four years plus a player’s option for another $8.5 million. Some NBA officials believe the Bucks could obtain a mid-to-late first-round pick for Williams.

Bonus shots
It wouldn’t surprise some NBA officials if former Bucks forward Marcus Haislip signs an NBA contract this summer. Haislip, the Bucks’ No. 1 draft pick in 2002 — the 13th overall selection — played well for Unicaja in Malaga, Spain this season. … I’m hearing Knicks president Donnie Walsh will likely interview former Bucks GM Larry Harris for a front office position after the draft. … While ex-Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak still has one year remaining on his contract, there’s a reasonably good chance he’ll wind up as an assistant coach for an NBA team next season. … Curious minds want to know why the Spurs, picking at the tail end of the first round, are interested in Syracuse forward Donte Greene, a projected mid-first round pick? And why is Miami, which has the second pick, checking out Louisiana State University forward Anthony Randolph, who is likely a late-lottery selection? … The Indiana Pacers are obviously targeting a point guard in the draft, but may not find the one they want with the 11th pick and thus trade back. … The Bucks inexplicably have cancelled a workout with guard Mike Taylor, the Milwaukee native who played for the Idaho Stampedes in the D-League last season. … The Bucks are expected to work out several more players later this week, including UCLA power forward Kevin Love and Kansas small forward Brandon Rush.
<!-- m -->http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel ... m_cut.html
<!-- m -->

Yeah Smoke I think its down between Alexander and Randolph for the Bucks if they stay at 8. Otherwise trade up and get Mayo or trade down and get someone like Rush. But Im expecting them to stay at 8 and grab one of those 2. Imagine that front line if they stick one of those two guys at SF
Bogut 7-0
Yi 7-0
Randolph 6-10.

as reported

a trade being discussed between griz n nugs

28th n lowry for 20th n kleiza

miami WILL workout rose on saturday (BOO!)

contract talks of extenstion continue with marion n heat

iverson will not opt out

QO's been extended by raps to caldy and delfino

Back