Tom Brady---Forever a Fraud?

Hey, I didn't sign on to star in a Jason Statham movie. The one that stars the middle-aged naked guy dodging traffic on the side of the turnpike to save his family, and democracy.

I will personally hold you to this when Bill is suspended next year

You guys are deranged, or kidding beyond my level. They, the NFL, are not going to do a damn thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the official response from the NFL was, "Give it a rest, dorks."

Can I get the football psi for all the Seahawks games? Oh, they don't exist? What a crime. Case closed.

Every time I think scandals get a little sillier, another one happens. Who gives a fuck? Are we allowed to draw a line here? I don't care about the inflation level of the football. Bravo.

This: completely unimportant

Illegalizing stick'em: more important

Making it illegal to touch quarterbacks or receivers: priceless

You guys are deranged, or kidding beyond my level. They, the NFL, are not going to do a damn thing.

Your out of your freaking mind if you believe this.

At this point the Patriots have demonstrated that there is no level that they won't stoop to in their quest for Titles.

Ravens warned the colts wow

Glazer just dropped a bomb

At this point I have to agree with smoke on the punishment

Rest of the league is getting sick of these scum cheaters

I would remove brady from top qb ever discussions and him and bellicheck should be banned from the hof

Therefore, I took a look at the New England passing performance, as well as that of their opponents, by temperature by finding the 30 coldest games and 30 warmest outdoor games in the last five years (not including Sunday’s game). Here are the results:

In the warm weather games (71 degrees on average), the Patriots’ passing offense averaged 6.88 yards per attempt and allowed 7.07 yards per attempt.

In the cold weather games (36 degrees on average), the Patriots’ passing offense averaged 7.52 yards per attempt and allowed 7.01 yards per attempt.
Saw on a blog

Why didn't the ravens complain to the NFl about the balls if they knew/thought they were being doctored ? If they thought there was an issue? They instead waited and warned the colts?

Deflating the ball where it's easier to throw and catch at home

Team suddenly gets insanely better

Give it up dude. I'm a Pats fan & knowing they could win without stepping over to the dark side & crossing lines is super annoying. Not only because there will always be an asterisk next to ANYTHING they accomplish ever but because true Pats fans have to listen to insane rants like yours. You sound like Ray Lewis.

Give it up dude. I'm a Pats fan & knowing they could win without stepping over to the dark side & crossing lines is super annoying. Not only because there will always be an asterisk next to ANYTHING they accomplish ever but because true Pats fans have to listen to insane rants like yours. You sound like Ray Lewis.

Funny how BenJarvus Green-Ellis sets a record for most touches to start a career without a fumble with the Patriots but as soon as he joins the Bengals he can't hang onto the ball.

Funny how BenJarvus Green-Ellis sets a record for most touches to start a career without a fumble with the Patriots but as soon as he joins the Bengals he can't hang onto the ball.

That was my first thought when I heard about this. Now that I think about it I would bet anything that the Patriots lead the league in fewest fumbles lost over the last 3 or 5 seasons.

Ravens warned the colts wow

Glazer just dropped a bomb

At this point I have to agree with smoke on the punishment

Rest of the league is getting sick of these scum cheaters

I would remove brady from top qb ever discussions and him and bellicheck should be banned from the hof

Completely agree

PED = Performance Enhancing Deflation

banned from SB and HOF is a must...taking away championships a consideration

Let me see if I have this straight, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going off what what's been posted from articles on this topic....

Pats had 12 balls that all passed inspection before the 1st half. Of those 12 balls, 11 were deflated when checked after the game. The Pats then used 12 different balls for the 2nd half, which were checked and passed before the half, after an issue was found with one of the balls during the 1st half. I'm pretty sure that's accurate based on what's been posted...so here's my question...we are to believe that 11 of the 12 balls the Pats used in the 1st half were deflated, so 92% of the balls were deflated (the % comes in here shortly)....the Pats ran 44 plays in the first half, so let's just say the officials touched the footballs (again 11 of 12 were deflated) 100 times (just for a round number) in the 1st half....they touch the footballs to spot them or bring them in after a play, so more than one official touches the football after each play (100 is probably conservative actually).

Now these NFL officials, who inspect the balls before the game, have handled hundreds of thousands of footballs in their careers, and who we should expect to be able to notice any discernible difference in a football (especially one 2psi under the norm)...those NFL officials, didn't notice one of the 11 balls that was deflated? So 92% of the footballs were deflated, and the officials had their hands on those footballs 100 times in the first half...so 92 of those 100 times (just using the basic math, not saying it's a certainty 92/100 times), the ball was deflated....and they didn't notice that one time? Not one of the many officials who handled the footballs noticed it?

Really?

Seriously....fucking really?

As if the Colts weren't already embarrassed. Now they have to field questions on what might have been, had the balls been properly inflated.

Let me see if I have this straight, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going off what what's been posted from articles on this topic....

Pats had 12 balls that all passed inspection before the 1st half. Of those 12 balls, 11 were deflated when checked after the game. The Pats then used 12 different balls for the 2nd half, which were checked and passed before the half, after an issue was found with one of the balls during the 1st half. I'm pretty sure that's accurate based on what's been posted...so here's my question...we are to believe that 11 of the 12 balls the Pats used in the 1st half were deflated, so 92% of the balls were deflated (the % comes in here shortly)....the Pats ran 44 plays in the first half, so let's just say the officials touched the footballs (again 11 of 12 were deflated) 100 times (just for a round number) in the 1st half....they touch the footballs to spot them or bring them in after a play, so more than one official touches the football after each play (100 is probably conservative actually).

Now these NFL officials, who inspect the balls before the game, have handled hundreds of thousands of footballs in their careers, and who we should expect to be able to notice any discernible difference in a football (especially one 2psi under the norm)...those NFL officials, didn't notice one of the 11 balls that was deflated? So 92% of the footballs were deflated, and the officials had their hands on those footballs 100 times in the first half...so 92 of those 100 times (just using the basic math, not saying it's a certainty 92/100 times), the ball was deflated....and they didn't notice that one time? Not one of the many officials who handled the footballs noticed it?

Really?

Seriously....fucking really?
I'm with you on that one but, at the same time, wouldn't they have had gloves on? I would think it would throw off your sense of touch enough to make it somewhat imperceptible (squeezing the ball with a bare hand as opposed to just sort of grasping it with a glove on and with frozen fingers).

As if the Colts weren't already embarrassed. Now they have to field questions on what might have been, had the balls been properly inflated.

Brady said they'd have beaten them if they were playing with a frisbee.

Dwayne Allen said the Pats could have played with soap and still beat his Colts.

I'm with you on that one but, at the same time, wouldn't they have had gloves on? I would think it would throw off your sense of touch enough to make it somewhat imperceptible (squeezing the ball with a bare hand as opposed to just sort of grasping it with a glove on).

The officials? I'm not sure how many of them wore gloves, but it wasn't that cold out so I doubt all of them had gloves on. I'm trying to remember seeing officials ever with gloves on to be honest...I'm sure I've seen it, just seems like more often than not they don't have gloves on.

Just looked it up...it was 50 degrees at game time...not a chance that any official had gloves on...unless they're from Zimbambwe or something, and 50 degrees would be bone chilling for them.

4. Previous Concerns: The Colts reportedly expressed issues over the Patriots inflation of the footballs when the two teams met in Week 11, with New England shredding Indy 42-20. This could mean the Patriots had less air in their balls previously, or it could simply mean the Colts are really mad about losing.
The one thing I don't get about this ... if the Colts were worried the Pats deflated the footballs before the game, why wouldn't they be more closely monitoring them? Grab a ball after an incomplete pass and act like it feels light and file a complaint with the refs then. Stir it up and throw some jabs to get the Pats off their game!

i'd like to remind everybody, just for context, that the score of the game was 45-7. No ball nonsense, maybe 35-14.

6. Not for everyone though!: Specifically, Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers talked about this recently and said he likes his balls fully inflated. In fact, Rodgers thinks playing with a deflated football is a "disadvantage."
"The majority of quarterbacks, I would say more than half, are maybe on the other end of the spectrum and like it on the flatter side," Rodgers said. "My belief is that there should be a minimum air-pressure requirement but not a maximum. There's no advantage, in my opinion -- we're not kicking the football -- there's no advantage in having a pumped-up football."

7. Everyone Does It? Former NFL quarterback Matt Leinart -- now with Fox Sports -- tweeted that "everyone" tampers with footballs in the NFL.

Matt Leinart @MattLeinartQB Follow
Every team tampers with the footballs. Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!

Ostensibly this is no different from athletes in other sports, like baseball. CBS Sports Jason La Canfora has a great breakdown of how it relates to pine tar and baseball plus plenty of quotes from former NFL quarterbacks (Rich Gannon, Boomer Esiason, Steve Beuerlein) about the issue.

Quit actling like the issue here is about a single game. Much bigger than that. Bigger than deflated balls as well.

The officials? I'm not sure how many of them wore gloves, but it wasn't that cold out so I doubt all of them had gloves on. I'm trying to remember seeing officials ever with gloves on to be honest...I'm sure I've seen it, just seems like more often than not they don't have gloves on.

Just looked it up...it was 50 degrees at game time...not a chance that any official had gloves on...unless they're from Zimbambwe or something, and 50 degrees would be bone chilling for them.
Looks like you're right...

ic8uqfIyke8Y.jpg

Quit actling like the issue here is about a single game. Much bigger than that. Bigger than deflated balls as well.

You really believe this though, or just "doing you" and disagreeing with me or someone else?

If anything is/was such a big issue, there have been enough coaches and players who've left the Pats, that every single cat would have been out of the bag by now don't 'ya think? Or are Bob and Billy forcing these guys to remain silent when they leave? And if this whole deflated football thing is a non-issue because most QBs do something similar, then what makes it "much bigger" than anything?

Hello voice of reason.

And all 12 of the balls used by the Patriots were under-inflated, 11 of them by 2 pounds or more of PSI.

Okay, even better. So 100% of the balls were deflated, yet not one official noticed it when the Pats ran 44 first half plays. Perfect.

You guys have officially jumped the shark. You've played pick-up basketball. Every ball has its feel and bounce. When's the last time you blamed a loss on the ball?

You guys have officially jumped the shark. You've played pick-up basketball. Every ball has its feel and bounce. When's the last time you blamed a loss on the ball?

When's the last time they bitched about another team's balls a few months prior, but then played an entire first half of 44 plays on defense without any of those defenders grabbing one of the balls (100% were apparently deflated) and checking to see what was up with it (you know, since they already think the other team deflated their balls 2 months prior and all)?

Who has concerns enough about something to bitch about it after getting pasted last time out, but not enough to see if the other team is "cheating" again when they face them 2 months later? You can't make this shit up....well, maybe you can I guess.

Looks like you're right...

ic8uqfIyke8Y.jpg

That's a good pic too, it at least looks like he's got a pretty firm grasp on that ball....that was repeated at least 100 times in that 1st half, with officials also throwing and catching footballs as well as grasping them like the dude in that pic. Yet none of them noticed that 100% of the 12 balls the Pats were using were deflated, 11 of them more than 2psi under the norm.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

When's the last time they bitched about another team's balls a few months prior, but then played an entire first half of 44 plays on defense without any of those defenders grabbing one of the balls (100% were apparently deflated) and checking to see what was up with it (you know, since they already think the other team deflated their balls 2 months prior and all)?

Who has concerns enough about something to bitch about it after getting pasted last time out, but not enough to see if the other team is "cheating" again when they face them 2 months later? You can't make this shit up....well, maybe you can I guess.

What are you talking about, the Colts contacted the NFL about it and that is why the football's were checked at half.

What are you talking about, the Colts contacted the NFL about it and that is why the football's were checked at half.

They contacted them when? Why didn't they notice it like 30 seconds into the game? 100% of the 12 balls the Pats used were deflated...remember? Seriously, wouldn't you just grab the ball after the first play and see what it felt like, if you complained 2 months ago about the Patriots deflating the football? Why wouldn't you?

If they had that big of a concern, wouldn't they have demanded something be done right there when they noticed, especially given their previous suspicions? We're talking about the AFC Championship game, and they waited until HT to say something they noticed with deflated balls? Does that really make logical sense to you?

They contacted them when? Why didn't they notice it like 30 seconds into the game? 100% of the 12 balls the Pats used were deflated...remember?

If they had that big of a concern, wouldn't they have demanded something be done right there when they noticed, especially given their previous suspicions? We're talking about the AFC Championship game, and they waited until HT to say something they noticed with deflated balls? Does that really make logical sense to you?
According to Glazer, the NFL was already planning to inspect the balls at halftime, despite D'Qwell Jackson's interception originally being reported as the cause.
While the NFL is still investigating and figuring out what direction to go in terms of possible penalties for Bill Belichick and the Patriots in what is being dubbed "Deflategate," many NFL owners, general managers and coaches are tired of the Patriots and are wondering if the league will finally take a hard line, Glazer reported.
The NFL says its investigation is ongoing after a report Tuesday night claimed the league found 11 balls were not properly inflated.

FOX Sports NFL contributor Mike Pereira: “This is cheating…and it’s something the league will deal with harshly.”

Fox analyst Troy Aikman: “I can’t imagine that Tom Brady did not know…my guess is that it was his request.”

And why, after the officials were notified, did the officials themselves not notice, and not more carefully check each ball the Pats were using in the 1st half? Meaning, why would the officials have waited until halftime if the Colts had said something and then the officials handled dozens more footballs of the Pats in the 1st half?

Again, does any of this really make logical sense to you?

Here’s the Warm versus Cold splits from 2010-2014 for the Baltimore Ravens (Flacco) Green Bay Packers (Rodgers), New York Giants (Eli Manning) and Pittsburgh Steelers (Roethlisberger).

The average of the other four teams was a 0.40 dropoff in yards per attempt in the coldest games versus the warmest ones. The Patriots went up 0.64 yards per pass attempt.

According to Glazer, the NFL was already planning to inspect the balls at halftime, despite D'Qwell Jackson's interception originally being reported as the cause.
While the NFL is still investigating and figuring out what direction to go in terms of possible penalties for Bill Belichick and the Patriots in what is being dubbed "Deflategate," many NFL owners, general managers and coaches are tired of the Patriots and are wondering if the league will finally take a hard line, Glazer reported.
The NFL says its investigation is ongoing after a report Tuesday night claimed the league found 11 balls were not properly inflated.

This just doesn't make sense that they would wait until halftime if they really thought that a competitive advantage was being gained. I'm not saying I doubt what the NFL is saying they were going to do, but what would be the point of waiting until halftime if you thought the game being played right then and there was being tainted? That isn't logical. Maybe it's just that the NFL isn't logical....certainly could be based on everything else that's wrong with their league.

As I was losing my Colts bet, I commented to myself, "Christ, are the balls deflated or what??"

Here’s the Warm versus Cold splits from 2010-2014 for the Baltimore Ravens (Flacco) Green Bay Packers (Rodgers), New York Giants (Eli Manning) and Pittsburgh Steelers (Roethlisberger).

The average of the other four teams was a 0.40 dropoff in yards per attempt in the coldest games versus the warmest ones. The Patriots went up 0.64 yards per pass attempt.

So Aaron Rodgers and his over-inflated balls seem to even his playing field more than most. He's the same whether warm or cold because his footballs are always over-inflated, just like he said he likes them and has had them in the past.

I'm obviously joking, and I know you didn't create this stat, but is this really supposed to prove something here? We're talking about less than a yard either way for any of these guys....can we also look at the records of these teams in warm and cold weather months? Maybe even the opponents during those cold and warm weather games? Nah, let's find a stat that supports "Pats are cheaters" and not give the full context of the stat (again, not you teed, whoever posted that in whatever article they wrote).

And damn, 4 years worth of data, and thousands of footballs deflated, but not once did an official notice this, nor did another team continually check the footballs...since it was so obvious the Pats were using deflated balls.

This is like the Twilight Zone right now with this story as a whole. JFC.

Also, couldn't one argue that this actually disproves the whole deflated footballs with the Pats? Unless Brady is an idiot, and only deflates the balls when it's cold out....why would the cold weather stats be better than the warm weather ones simply based on the inflation level of the ball? If Brady likes a deflated ball that much, why wouldn't he do it regardless of the temperature?

Back