Tom Brady---Forever a Fraud?

Would you please stop posting bullshit Patriots propaganda.

The Iphone 6 came out back in the 3rd week of September.

Thanks

And freedom of speech well before that...
Don't be such a grumpy old man.....

no propaganda.... It is the response from Brady's lawyer...

No one is forcing you to read this...don't like it move along....

Thanks

My naked run to Boston is going to be tied up in the courts. I have to dig in with the Patriots here.

Always gotta add something with the NBA in it lol

I've stated many times that the NFL is in a downward trajectory with all of the concussion stuff coming to light over the years and now with the violence and cheating going on....

The NFL is clearly still at the top. Without a doubt. The TV experience is almost flawless but the negatives around both the sport and the league are beginning to have an impact among fans. I'm not really sure if there is a negative impact on the junior football participation.

Also, I am a bit bitter than the NFL opposes legalizing sports betting when sports betting brings it so much business already. Its really fucked up.

Kessler said they filed the lawsuit as a related case to the Peterson case so that Judge Doty is ultimately the one who presides over it

Big news, Minnesota judge has ordered this morning the NFLPA lawsuit over Brady b transferred to Manhattan, where the NFL first filed....

Per source, the NFLPA plans to refile its lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of Tom Brady in Manhattan today.

george atallah was just on dan patrick talkin about the lawsuit. really pitting it as a labor agreement dispute, as predicted. said he was disappointed that kraft took the punishment, but that's got nothing to do with them and the collectively bargained disciplinary procedures.

he also said this is more about optics for the owners, hence jerry jones's comments.

• Basically, the federal judge told the NFLPA and the NFL to grow up, stop fighting and try to figure this out outside of court. #DeflateGate
    1 retweet1 favorite<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply js-tooltip" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" data-original-title="Reply" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Reply</button>
    <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet js-tooltip" title="Retweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Retweet1</button>
    <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite js-tooltip" title="Favorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Favorite1</button>
    <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-tooltip js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" title="More" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More</button>

• <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);">5 minutes ago</small>
    Judge Berman also directs both sides to "pursue a mutually acceptable resolution of this case." #DeflateGate
    1 retweet1 favorite<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply js-tooltip" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" title="Reply" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Reply</button>
    <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet js-tooltip" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" data-original-title="Retweet" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Retweet1</button>
    <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite js-tooltip" title="Favorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Favorite1</button>
    <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-tooltip js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" title="More" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More</button>

• 5 minutes ago
    New York Judge Richard Berman tells the NFL and the NFLPA to "tone down the rhetoric" in a recent order. #DeflateGate

This is great... Raiders were brought up earlier in the thread ... let me tell you one thing as a raider fan ... suing the nfl does not pan out long term for you on the football field. This will be fine for Tom but very bad for Kraft and the Patriots.

ha, meaning he might be more sensitive to labor's arguments.

i don't know how gooddell gets away with ignoring the CBA though, honestly. he just ignored the hell out of it in handing out this punishment.

Dumb part was the four games. Should have gone 8 and then gotten Pats/Brady to agree to four. Trump would be all over Goodell for that as well as the bad labor agreement for the owners.

but doesn't the cba already have punishments laid out for fucking with equipment? and troy vincent isn't allowed to hand out punishment according to the CBA, it's gotta be gooddell.

[h=1]Mortensen pulls plug on WEEI appearance[/h]He was supposed to be on local radio this morning..... first time since his psi report from the AFC champ game... timeframe.....

Apparently, only 11 of 12 reminders about his WEEI appearance to Chris Mortensen went through. ...... lol
Mortensen was scheduled to appear on theDennis & Callahan show at 7:45 a.m. ET, but he has canceled.
“You guys made a mistake by drumming up business for the show and how I would address my reporting for the first time,” Mortensen informed WEEI. “I will not allow WEEI, [Patriots owner Robert] Kraft or anybody to make me the centerpiece of a story that has been misreported far beyond anything I did in the first 48 hours. Maybe when the lawsuit is settled, in Brady’s favor, I hope, we can revisit. Don’t call.”
They tried to call him anyway. No answer.
I like and respect Mort. As Adam Schefter of ESPN said on WEEI on Thursday, Mortensen is a pioneer in this business. But his false report should be the centerpiece of the story. Because without that false report there is no story. More specifically, without that false report, there is no finding of cheating.
The false report instantly changed the narrative from “the NFL checked the Patriots footballs at halftime” to “someone deflated 11 of the 12 the Patriots footballs by two pounds each; what did Brady and Belichick know?” It made another Ted Wells investigation logical, it put the Patriots on the defensive, and it kept the Patriots from responding to the accurate PSI readings by pointing out that, on one of the two air-pressure gauges used, they fall squarely within the range expected by the Ideal Gas Law.
On Thursday, Schefter suggested that Mort was given false information by one or more high-level NFL officials. On Tuesday, the circumstances suggested that Stephen A. Smith of ESPN was given true information by one or more high-level NFL officials to introduce to the public the notion that “Tom Brady destroyed his cellphone.”
This would be a perfect topic for an ESPN Outside the Lines investigation as to how the NFL manipulated the media on multiple occasions for P.R. purposes. If only a couple of prominent ESPN employees hadn’t been pulled into this mess.

[h=1]Mike Kensil was Mortensen’s “main source”[/h]
It’s unlikely that ESPN’s Chris Mortensen was going to out the source(s) of the blatantly false report from January that 11 of 12 Patriots footballs were a full two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum during a Friday appearance on WEEI. (That likelihood became even smaller once Mortensen canceled.)

John Dennis of WEEI reports, via Tom Curran of CSNNE.com, that one of Mortensen’s “main sources” for the false report was NFL V.P. of game operations Mike Kensil.

Curran reported more than six months ago that Kensil, a former Jets employee whose father once was the team’s president, was the “driving force” behind the investigation.

During a Thursday appearance on WEEI, Adam Schefter of ESPN seemed to suggest that Mortensen had multiple sources. Regardless of the total number, the information was false — and the report caused #DeflateGate to morph from a curiosity to, eventually, a federal case.

Before it became a federal case, it became a supposedly independent investigation. However independent the investigation was (or wasn’t), it wasn’t sufficiently independent to prompt Ted Wells to turn the focus back against the league for its potentially dissemination of false information to ESPN — and for its failure to immediately correct the information.

Good read from a former player... (a former Pat and Jets)

http://www.footballbyfootball.com/c...n-how-not-to-be-a-sucker-on-nfl-player-rights

Deflating a Con Man: How Not to be a Sucker on NFL Player Rights

uly 30th, 2015

AP Image
Roger Goodell is the cheat; Players must unite with the NFLPA, fight back

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
You've probably heard this old saying: "If you sit at a poker table and can't spot the sucker...it's you. Get up." As a former NFL player, I think I have a pretty decent handle on the lessons of leverage. I learned when I had it as a player (not very often), and over time, how to understand the scope of the leverage authority figures in the league had as well. Most importantly, you learn that leverage isn't something that just pops up the minute you start talking about a contract. It's perpetual - always there, always affecting decisions in the day-to-day of the NFL.
From the jump, Deflategate was about player rights - not cheating. The league, of course, knows this.

The greatest lesson that a player can take from the realities of leverage is that the games aren't just taking place on the field. You want more money, more playing time, more rights? Well, so does the other guy. As tiresome as the Deflategate stuff has been to the football fans and media around the country without a more obvious stake in the outcome, NFL football players have been in a game of leverage with the league throughout...whether they knew it or not.

Screen capture from the movie "Rounders"

From the jump, Deflategate was about player rights - not cheating. The league, of course, knows this. As a player - current or former - if you missed that critical fact, you should know who you are at the poker table. The world should know the real story by now, but let's review those facts the NFL hopes you didn't pay any attention to...
Roger Goodell has knowingly allowed lies to remain on the public record about the actual PSI measurements of the balls in the AFC Championship game. National journalists sit on their credentialed hands, but players don't have to. The facts of this con by Goodell is something every NFL player should be keenly aware of, but amazingly many still aren't.

Since that initial deception, Goodell hired the Paul Weiss legal firm that defended himself and the league in the concussion suit against the players to now work on this case. Roger claims their "independent." Repeat, he hired his prior attorney to play it straight this time and make judgments on himself. If you bought that as legit, "sucker" is far too kind. He then hired one of the most notorious consulting firms in the country (Exponent) to frame the science in the Wells Report - science that every independent lab that's looked at it since has found either highly questionable or complete garbage. And in the end, Goodell allowed his left hand to decide if his right hand was awesome when he named himself judge in the appeal. This is an obvious recusal necessity in a truly fair arbitration situation because Roger was party to this case. His final decision in his own favor you could predict with a cricket's brain.

Hate Tom Brady. Hate the Patriots. Hate Bill Belichick. Whatever. But you should be insulted as a player in this league (or a not-yet-bought-and-paid-for-media-member) that the NFL presumed you'd just go along with Roger's bullshit.

When players don't have the basic rights of fairness that every player is legally owed - and there's a battle going on for that exact issue - you're either part of the solution, or you're part of the problem.

How Does this Happen?

I played, live, and work in the New England market, so that is really what led me to study everything as best I could in this Deflategate nonsense. I researched the science, rulings of comparable precedent, the CBA, and all the reports and public statements. These are steps that in a million years I wouldn't have taken if I didn't live and work here.
When players don't have basic rights of fairness in disputes that each is legally owed - and there's a battle going on for that exact issue - players can either be part of the solution, or part of the problem.

As intensely as I followed Deflategate, I only passively paid attention to the New Orleans Saints'previous "scandal," Bountygate. When asked questions about Bountygate at that time, I gave uninformed, canned answers about player safety...my "opinions." And I was given credit for saying something "smart." But it wasn't. I didn't really know the details of the case, just as so few people really care to know about the reality of what did and didn't happen in Deflategate. It's easier to just say "cheating is bad" than find out if anything actually happened and who the real offenders are.

I didn't really care that much about Bountygate because it was outside my life's circle of concern at the time. But in making public statements that sounded right - but weren't grounded in the real details of what went on - I was stupid.
And that's exactly where we are today on Deflategate. "Smart" players that have no grasp of what actually happened in the Deflategate case are being used to repeat uninformed "opinions" on national broadcasts (and more casually on social media) that undermine their own leverage in the league. The league has a massive imbalance of power in their working agreements with players, and they're using that leverage now through media partners, with players playing the role of well-meaning suckers. A huge issue of fundamental labor fairness is on the table that every player in the NFL should get behind without a second thought of like/dislike for the player or team that's at the heart of Uncle Roger's con. In other words, don't be the sucker that misses what's really going on...

AP Image

One of the more persistent complaints that every player has experienced at some point is outsider criticism of their play when the person talking has absolutely no idea what the player's responsibility was. Unfortunately, players are now being used to aid the NFL con by ignoring basic science, talking about phones (that the league knows they have no right to), and other such league-led distractions. In other words, players are being asked to play the role they usually hate - the guy that breaks down stuff without really knowing much, keeping the attention off what's real.
The fact is, Deflategate is about player rights. Whether you love him or hate him, Tom Brady is a strong leader on behalf of all players to help shine light on the NFL's con. One of the league's most respected owners, Robert Kraft, has taken a brave public stand in saying the league shouldn't be trusted. So as a member of the union defending a player against this league, why in the world would you trust them?

All petty differences aside, players should be the first people on earth to get behind any action to fix the fundamental unfairness in the league's handling of its players. As unusual as it may sound to some, Brady's on the team of all NFL players now. A win for him in court that destroys the "sucker" disciplinary and appeal system is clearly a win for every pro who puts on shoulder pads. Goodell can't manipulate that fact...

Former U of South Dakota & NFL linebacker
3x Super Bowl champion, 8 years in NFL
NE Patriots, NY Jets
MBA, Babson College

No hall of fame. Should be stripped of the Super Bowl. If Pats are now going to be the players union team then I can take my hatred of them to a whole new level. I can't think of a sports organization I hate more than the NFLPA. Worse than the NAMBLA Olympic Committee.

Is that still the North American Man Boy Love Association, from Howard Stern lore?

Good read from a former player... (a former Pat and Jets)

http://www.footballbyfootball.com/c...n-how-not-to-be-a-sucker-on-nfl-player-rights

Deflating a Con Man: How Not to be a Sucker on NFL Player Rights

uly 30th, 2015

AP Image
Roger Goodell is the cheat; Players must unite with the NFLPA, fight back

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
You've probably heard this old saying: "If you sit at a poker table and can't spot the sucker...it's you. Get up." As a former NFL player, I think I have a pretty decent handle on the lessons of leverage. I learned when I had it as a player (not very often), and over time, how to understand the scope of the leverage authority figures in the league had as well. Most importantly, you learn that leverage isn't something that just pops up the minute you start talking about a contract. It's perpetual - always there, always affecting decisions in the day-to-day of the NFL.
From the jump, Deflategate was about player rights - not cheating. The league, of course, knows this.

The greatest lesson that a player can take from the realities of leverage is that the games aren't just taking place on the field. You want more money, more playing time, more rights? Well, so does the other guy. As tiresome as the Deflategate stuff has been to the football fans and media around the country without a more obvious stake in the outcome, NFL football players have been in a game of leverage with the league throughout...whether they knew it or not.

Screen capture from the movie "Rounders"

From the jump, Deflategate was about player rights - not cheating. The league, of course, knows this. As a player - current or former - if you missed that critical fact, you should know who you are at the poker table. The world should know the real story by now, but let's review those facts the NFL hopes you didn't pay any attention to...
Roger Goodell has knowingly allowed lies to remain on the public record about the actual PSI measurements of the balls in the AFC Championship game. National journalists sit on their credentialed hands, but players don't have to. The facts of this con by Goodell is something every NFL player should be keenly aware of, but amazingly many still aren't.

Since that initial deception, Goodell hired the Paul Weiss legal firm that defended himself and the league in the concussion suit against the players to now work on this case. Roger claims their "independent." Repeat, he hired his prior attorney to play it straight this time and make judgments on himself. If you bought that as legit, "sucker" is far too kind. He then hired one of the most notorious consulting firms in the country (Exponent) to frame the science in the Wells Report - science that every independent lab that's looked at it since has found either highly questionable or complete garbage. And in the end, Goodell allowed his left hand to decide if his right hand was awesome when he named himself judge in the appeal. This is an obvious recusal necessity in a truly fair arbitration situation because Roger was party to this case. His final decision in his own favor you could predict with a cricket's brain.

Hate Tom Brady. Hate the Patriots. Hate Bill Belichick. Whatever. But you should be insulted as a player in this league (or a not-yet-bought-and-paid-for-media-member) that the NFL presumed you'd just go along with Roger's bullshit.

When players don't have the basic rights of fairness that every player is legally owed - and there's a battle going on for that exact issue - you're either part of the solution, or you're part of the problem.

How Does this Happen?

I played, live, and work in the New England market, so that is really what led me to study everything as best I could in this Deflategate nonsense. I researched the science, rulings of comparable precedent, the CBA, and all the reports and public statements. These are steps that in a million years I wouldn't have taken if I didn't live and work here.
When players don't have basic rights of fairness in disputes that each is legally owed - and there's a battle going on for that exact issue - players can either be part of the solution, or part of the problem.

As intensely as I followed Deflategate, I only passively paid attention to the New Orleans Saints'previous "scandal," Bountygate. When asked questions about Bountygate at that time, I gave uninformed, canned answers about player safety...my "opinions." And I was given credit for saying something "smart." But it wasn't. I didn't really know the details of the case, just as so few people really care to know about the reality of what did and didn't happen in Deflategate. It's easier to just say "cheating is bad" than find out if anything actually happened and who the real offenders are.

I didn't really care that much about Bountygate because it was outside my life's circle of concern at the time. But in making public statements that sounded right - but weren't grounded in the real details of what went on - I was stupid.
And that's exactly where we are today on Deflategate. "Smart" players that have no grasp of what actually happened in the Deflategate case are being used to repeat uninformed "opinions" on national broadcasts (and more casually on social media) that undermine their own leverage in the league. The league has a massive imbalance of power in their working agreements with players, and they're using that leverage now through media partners, with players playing the role of well-meaning suckers. A huge issue of fundamental labor fairness is on the table that every player in the NFL should get behind without a second thought of like/dislike for the player or team that's at the heart of Uncle Roger's con. In other words, don't be the sucker that misses what's really going on...

AP Image

One of the more persistent complaints that every player has experienced at some point is outsider criticism of their play when the person talking has absolutely no idea what the player's responsibility was. Unfortunately, players are now being used to aid the NFL con by ignoring basic science, talking about phones (that the league knows they have no right to), and other such league-led distractions. In other words, players are being asked to play the role they usually hate - the guy that breaks down stuff without really knowing much, keeping the attention off what's real.
The fact is, Deflategate is about player rights. Whether you love him or hate him, Tom Brady is a strong leader on behalf of all players to help shine light on the NFL's con. One of the league's most respected owners, Robert Kraft, has taken a brave public stand in saying the league shouldn't be trusted. So as a member of the union defending a player against this league, why in the world would you trust them?

All petty differences aside, players should be the first people on earth to get behind any action to fix the fundamental unfairness in the league's handling of its players. As unusual as it may sound to some, Brady's on the team of all NFL players now. A win for him in court that destroys the "sucker" disciplinary and appeal system is clearly a win for every pro who puts on shoulder pads. Goodell can't manipulate that fact...

Former U of South Dakota & NFL linebacker
3x Super Bowl champion, 8 years in NFL
NE Patriots, NY Jets
MBA, Babson College

:thumbsdown:

No hall of fame. Should be stripped of the Super Bowl. If Pats are now going to be the players union team then I can take my hatred of them to a whole new level. I can't think of a sports organization I hate more than the NFLPA. Worse than the NAMBLA Olympic Committee.

Why?
No I am not defending (well not yet), curious of the reasons..

Roger Goodell needs to go... when you have so many people on the side of one of the most hated teams in sports it says something

If Goodell did screw around with what actually happened or what Brady said... he's done. Too much shit the past two years with very little good or resolve.

All depends who has more pull with the other owners - Goodell or Kraft. At this time Goodell is making plenty of money for them

So if Goodell is gone the NFL won't make plenty of money??
(my interpretation of what you wrote)

They still will, but it's better for them to stick with the man that has made them plenty. The next man will still make them money, just maybe not as much.

If Goodell's decisions start hitting revenue, then goodbye

What exactly has Goodell done? What has he done to make the league better? If it wasn't for fantasy football and sports betting, the NFL would not be the number 1 most watched sport IMO.

They still will, but it's better for them to stick with the man that has made them plenty. The next man will still make them money, just maybe not as much.

If Goodell's decisions start hitting revenue, then goodbye

what on earth gives you that impression?

they are the most incompetent union in pro sports. agreed.

Judge tells @NFL, @NFLPA, #tombrady "to engage in further good faith settlement efforts today" ahead of settlement conf tomorrow..

so the question is: What have the other discussions been? , not good faith??

http://www.deflategatefacts.com/blog/2015/8/11/5-false-claims

<header class="entry-header" style="text-align: center; margin-bottom: 3em; max-width: 36em; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto; color: rgba(28, 28, 28, 0.901961); font-family: Raleway; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 0.400000005960465px; line-height: 24px;">[h=1]5 Things You'll Hear From The NFL Tomorrow That Aren't True[/h][COLOR=rgba(28, 28, 28, 0.498039)][/COLOR]
</header>[COLOR=rgba(28, 28, 28, 0.901961)]Tomorrow in New York City, Tom Brady and Roger Goodell will appear before Federal District Court Judge Richard Berman regarding Brady's appeal of his wrongful 4-game suspension. At this point, now that there is transparency into the NFL's mishandling of the investigation and distortion of the facts, it's clear that the NFL's case is full of holes. But that hasn't stopped the NFL from unfairly targeting Brady with the same disproven lines of argument they've used for the last 6 months.
Here are 5 things you can expect to hear from the NFL tomorrow -- and here are the real facts:
[h=3]1. THE NFL WILL ARGUE THAT TOM BRADY DIDN’T COOPERATE WITH INVESTIGATORS.[/h][h=3]IN DENYING HIS APPEAL, THE NFL CLAIMS THAT BRADY DID NOT COOPERATE WITH THE DEFLATEGATE INVESTIGATION BY REFUSING TO HAND OVER HIS PERSONAL CELL PHONE AND EMAILS.[/h]FACT: Wells Told Brady and His Agents That He Did Not Need The Phone. At his hearing during the investigation, Wells told Brady and his agents that they did not need his cellphone for the investigation. On February 28th the Wells team sent an email to Brady and his agent, Don Yee, requesting his cellphone records - not the phone itself, just the records [Washington Post 7/30/15]. Complying with the request, Tom Brady turned over 7 months of cellphone and email records [Forensic Examiner Report, 1].
FACT: Brady Offered to Track Down Texts. Brady’s agents also offered to provide a solution to tracking down actual text messages. “Instead of handing over the phone, according Goodell’s 20-page decision denying the appeal, Brady and his agents “offered to hand over a spreadsheet that would identify all of the individuals with whom Mr. Brady had exchanged text messages during [the relevant time] period; the agents suggested that the League could contact those individuals and request production of any relevant text messages that they retained.” [WBUR, 7/30/15]
FACT: Goodell Rejected Brady's Offer. Goodell chose not to pursue the solution, and rejected the offer as “not practical.” Actually nothing would have been easier. Brady’s phone records showed he communicated with just 28 league-affiliated people. It was clear from the phone numbers which of them were Patriots employees in a position to manipulate game balls. It should have been a simple matter to discern whether Brady destroyed relevant communications with them. [Washington Post7/30/15]
FACT: No One Told Brady that He'd be Punished for Not Turning Over the Physical Phone. Neither Wells nor Goodell ever notified Brady that not producing his phone would mean discipline for non-cooperation. As Wells has stated on multiple occasions: “I want to be crystal clear. I told Mr. Brady and his agent I did not, I was willing not to take possession of the phone. I said I don’t want to see any private information, I said you keep the phone. You the agent, Mr. Yee, you can look at the phone.” [Transcript of Ted Wells’ Conference 5/12/15]
“The request what I asked for, I made clear I didn’t want to take access to your phone. [...] I want to be clear-- I did not tell Mr. Brady at any time that he would be subject to punishment for not giving -- not turning over documents. -- Ted Wells [Transcript of Appeal Hearing 6/23/15]
FACT: Wells Also Said That Brady Was Totally Cooperative and Answered Every Question Asked of Him. “Mr. Brady, the report sets forth, he came to the interview, he answered every question I put to him.” “In terms of the back and forth between Mr. Brady and my team, he was totally cooperative.” [Transcript of Conference 5/12/15]
[h=3]2. THE NFL WILL ARGUE THAT BRADY “APPROVED OF, CONSENTED TO, AND PROVIDED INDUCEMENTS IN SUPPORT OF . . . A SCHEME TO TAMPER WITH THE GAME BALLS.”[/h]FACT: The Wells Report Said No Direct Evidence. The Wells Report stated that “there is less direct evidence linking Brady to tampering activities.” Instead, Wells used a subjective measure of “probability” to determine guilt. [Wells Report, 17]
FACT: The Wells Report Found No Communications. The Wells Report did not uncover any direct communications between Tom Brady and the Patriots assistants accused of deflating the footballs—instead it simply determined that it is “unlikely that an equipment assistant and a locker room attendant would deflate game balls without Brady‟s knowledge and approval.” [Wells Report, 19]
FACT: Goodell Distorts His Own Investigators’ Words. Even between the publication of the Wells Report and tomorrow’s hearing, the characterizations of Brady’s involvement by the NFL have shifted considerably. First the Wells Report claimed it was “more probable than not” that Tom Brady was “generally aware” of “inappropriate activities.” [Wells Report, 2]. Then, in his ruling on Brady’s appeal, Commissioner Goodell escalated those accusations to willful participation, saying “Brady knew about, approved of, consented to, and provided inducements and rewards in support of a scheme,” despite no new evidence indicating this was the case. [NBC Sports, 8/9/15]
[h=3]3. THE NFL HAS SHOWN NO BIAS IN ITS INVESTIGATION OF BRADY. [/h]FACT: The NFL Leaked False Information. The widely reported “fact” that 11 of the Patriots’ 12 footballs used in the AFC Championship game were under-inflated by two pounds was based on a single, uncorroborated and erroneous tweet by ESPN’s Chris Mortensen—which was later proven false by the NFL’s own Wells Report. “The Wells Report later found that only one football was deflated by nearly that much, while others were just under the standard inflation level.” [USA Today, 7/31/15]. Mortensen’s false tweet has been linked to a single source: NFL VP of Operations Mike Kensil. “Mike Kensil was the ‘main source’ for ESPN’s inflammatory and ultimately incorrect report that 11 of 12 Patriots footballs used in the first half of the AFC Championship Game ‘were inflated significantly below the NFL's requirements…’” [Comcast SportsNet, 7/31/15].
FACT: The NFL deliberately never corrected the false information during the four months between the AFC Championship game and when the Wells’ Report came out. “The NFL, despite knowing that the original report was untrue, never corrected it…” [USA Today, 7/31/15]. “Emails between the general counsel for the New England Patriots and Jeff Pash, the general counsel for the NFL, show that leaks about the deflated footballs in the 2014 AFC Championship Game to Walt Disney-owned ESPN were chocked full of misinformation, yet the NFL refused to acknowledge it.” [Forbes, 8/01/15].
FACT: Despite a request from the NFL Player’s Association for an independent arbitrator, Roger Goodell decided he would personally preside over Brady’s hearing—guaranteeing that Brady’s appeal would lack impartiality. [ESPN.com, 5/15/15] [Business Insider, 5/15/15] [CBS Sports, 5/15/15]
[h=3]4. THE INDEPENDENCE OF THE DEFLATEGATE INVESTIGATION IS NOW “IRRELEVANT.”[/h]FACT: NFL Contradicting Itself. The NFL promoted Ted Wells’ supposed independence as a key indicator of the integrity and objectivity of their investigation. "The investigation is being led jointly by NFL Executive Vice President Jeff Pash and Ted Wells of the law firm of Paul Weiss. Mr. Wells and his firm bring additional expertise and a valuable independent perspective. […] The investigation is ongoing, will be thorough and objective, and is being pursued expeditiously." —NFL statement on initiation of investigation into Deflategate, January 23, 2015.
"Ted Wells and our staff have been hard at work conducting a thorough and objective investigation."— Roger Goodell, January 30th, 2015.
FACT: Abandoned Argument When Proven Wrong. When questions were raised about Wells’ independence, the NFL and Goodell chose to abandon that characterization, saying it was “irrelevant.” "Finally, the NFLPA's contention that Paul, Weiss was not an 'independent' investigator and that the Commissioner improperly delegated his fact-finding authority to Paul, Weiss is irrelevant. The debate about the independence of the investigation has no bearing on whether the NFLPA had an adequate opportunity to present evidence at the hearing, which is all the CBA and fundamental fairness require. Furthermore, Article 46 does not require an 'independent' investigation prior to the imposition of discipline, and indeed it is commonplace for NFL personnel other than the Commissioner to investigate the problematic conduct." —NFL statement in latest filing for Judge Richard Berman, Friday August 7th
[h=3]5. THE WELLS REPORT’S CONCLUSION THAT THE FOOTBALLS USED IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME WERE PURPOSEFULLY DEFLATED IS BASED ON SOUND SCIENCE.[/h]FACT: Incomplete Investigation. The Wells Report failed to investigate plausible, alternative explanations as to why the Patriots’ footballs may have been deflated during the first half of AFC Championship game, such as the atmospheric pressure at Gillette Stadium. Footballs for the Colts were measured after sitting in a warm room for most of halftime while Patriots balls were measured immediately after being brought in from the cold, so they would inherently have had a lower pressure. [Wells Report, 68] [New York Times, 06/12/15] [Wells Report, 68] [New York Times, 06/12/15]
FACT: Atmospheric Conditions. Carnegie Mellon scientists determined that atmospheric conditions during the game could have created the discrepancy in PSI at halftime. “Healy, [a Carnegie Mellon graduate student] who provided The New York Times with an advance copy of his technical paper on the experiments, concluded that most or all of the deflation could be explained by those environmental effects.” [New York Times, 1/29/15] Peer reviews validated Healy’s findings. “‘This analysis looks solid to me,’ said Max Tegmark, a professor of physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who reviewed the paper at The Times’s request. ‘To me, their measurements mean that there’s no evidence of foul play.’” [New York Times, 1/29/15]
FACT: Bad Science. The Wells Report was examined by an independent third party (AEI)—and they concluded that its evidence and methodology were “deeply flawed."
“Our evidence suggests a specific sequence of events. The Wells report conclusions are likely incorrect, and a simple misunderstanding appears to have led the NFL to these incorrect conclusions.” [American Enterprise Institute, June 2015]
FACT: NFL Hired a Company Known for Skewing Results. Exponent, the scientific consulting firm retained and cited by the Wells investigators, has a reputation as a company that “skews results to benefit its clients.” [Los Angeles Times, 02/18/2010] In fact, “Exponent once argued for Big Tobacco that secondhand smoke does not lead to cancer, which we now know is false.” [CBS Boston, 05/6/2015]
FACT: Ignores Evidence. The Wells Report ignores pressure gauge inconsistencies that would account for the football air pressure changes.
Referee Walt Anderson travels with two different pressure gauges: the Logo Gauge and the Non-Logo Gauge. One gives higher readings than the other, also an explanation for the fluctuation in pressure readings. Anderson recalls likely using the Logo Gauge, with its higher readings, to check the Patriot footballs before the game, which could mean that the pre-game measurements of air pressure were artificially high.
“At halftime, 11 of the Patriots balls and only 4 of Colts balls were measured with both gauges. Unfortunately, the Logo gauge tends to give higher readings than the Non-Logo gauge (by about 0.4 PSI), and this has created some controversy. Anderson remembers that he used the Logo gauge before the game, but the Wells report, in a direct contradiction of that recollection, concludes that he used the NonLogo gauge before the game. The Patriots have argued that this decision was crucial to the analysis and that the evidence of excessive deflation disappears if one assumes the Logo gauge was used.” [American Enterprise Institute, June 2015]
The Wells Report operates under its own assumption that Anderson used the Non-Logo Gauge, which conveniently helps to support the report’s conclusion and precludes alternative explanations. [Wells Report, 51]. [On the Wells Report, 4]. [Wells Report, 52]

[/COLOR]

We all know it's a bunch of BS. The Pats bashers prefer to put the blinders on & just refer to the entire organization as "a bunch of cheaters". Whatever, keep hating.

I do however think the atmospheric conditions argument is not too valid. It was in the 40's that day during the game. A ball isn't going to change a hell of a lot from a 65 degree locker room to a 40 degree field. If that was the case balls would be dead flat in GB & Chicago come late December.

We all know it's a bunch of BS. The Pats bashers prefer to put the blinders on & just refer to the entire organization as "a bunch of cheaters". Whatever, keep hating.

I do however think the atmospheric conditions argument is not too valid. It was in the 40's that day during the game. A ball isn't going to change a hell of a lot from a 65 degree locker room to a 40 degree field. If that was the case balls would be dead flat in GB & Chicago come late December.

look, i think the nfl is way outta control with this kind of punishment, but do y'all really believe that brady had absolutely nothing to do with this? and that spygate wasn't an actual thing?

serious question.

Reasonable people don't give two shits about the psi of a football. There's probably something in the rule book about the length of the grass and the types of mouth guards, but no one gives a shit about that either. It's one of those "close enough" rules, unless the same team keeps embarrassing you.

Tip your opinion of online dating has eliminated you from qualification of determining whether people are reasonable, people who stretch the rules will continue to do so until they are disciplined no matter the rule. If you want the rule changed, that's another argument. This isn't law, it's rules of a game.

On-line dating is a separate, pathetic, yet acceptable practice, compared to the practice of hooking up with all the super hot and ready babes on tinder. But that doesn't have anything to do with football psi rules.

Back