The Memorial 2020 Discussion

Ryno14

Pretty much a regular
Let's run it back again in Dublin. JT the favorite after last week. Tiger back and I'm seeing him at 2500 now.

Be interesting to see how the course plays this week. Should be a great tournament with the loaded field.

Discuss away...

Let's run it back again in Dublin. JT the favorite after last week. Tiger back and I'm seeing him at 2500 now.

Be interesting to see how the course plays this week. Should be a great tournament with the loaded field.

Discuss away...
Course will have higher rough and greens will be faster.

First look matchups that stand out:

Webb Simpson +100 vs Rahm
Xander -120 vs Vik (think the kid gets gassed this week)
Tiger -120 vs Brooks
Berger -120 vs Reed
Woodland -125 vs Finau
Ancer -137 vs Fitzpatrick
Leishman -159 vs Phil - ugh this guy again

Gonna be on a bachelor trip for a buddy that I’m best man in, so this is going to be awesome. Just glad to have some sports to watch on the trip

Sorry for disappearing last weekend fellas. I kind of pulled a JT.. who I was on and bet at 6-1 after he went down early on Sunday. Was able to hedge my bet cost with a Morikawa ticket when HE went down, but obviously it was not the result I wanted. Sooooo...

I’m in on Morikawa. He’s only dropping 8-10 points after winning? Yes it’s hard to win back to back, but I don’t see any reason he can’t contend again at the same course. Got him at 22-1.

Also backing Woodland again (Why?!) at 45-1.
Rose small at 50-1 (principle).
Niemann 66-1.

Taking a hard look at Brooks. He went on a run and almost made the cut late Friday. Maybe he found something. He plays well a tough courses in big fields. And he probably wants to stick it to Bryson.

Will be back in here once tee times are out for some 3 ball plays.

First look matchups that stand out:

Webb Simpson +100 vs Rahm
Xander -120 vs Vik (think the kid gets gassed this week)
Tiger -120 vs Brooks
Berger -120 vs Reed
Woodland -125 vs Finau
Ancer -137 vs Fitzpatrick
Leishman -159 vs Phil - ugh this guy again

Gonna be on a bachelor trip for a buddy that I’m best man in, so this is going to be awesome. Just glad to have some sports to watch on the trip
Where the trip?

Where the trip?

Going to Santa Rosa - couple people have backed out because of the spike in FL, but we are just planning on doing the beaches and then chilling at the airbnb and grilling out at night. Santa Rosa's numbers don't look bad at all, but still going to be as smart as possible with everything going on. Can't cancel and get money back and we already had to move it back (was originally scheduled 2 months ago). Driving down early Thursday so will have the golf keeping me busy on the radio.

No line yet but I gotta imagine I will find myself on Lowry Round 1 3-ball vs Phil and Rose

Looking at stats last week, Hideki led in GIR which is not surprising. Phil was bad pretty much everywhere.

Woodland does seem to be trending nicely.

Brooks is interesting as he originally was not in this field. I think he committed and is ready to get the season going. He's been awful all year.

Throw out Saturday and Colin was unbelievable. 22-1 at the same course is a must play. I’m thinking him and Hovland, also at 22-1, will both certainly make the cut and give you a live ticket going into the weekend, which is all you need.

Throw out Saturday and Colin was unbelievable. 22-1 at the same course is a must play. I’m thinking him and Hovland, also at 22-1, will both certainly make the cut and give you a live ticket going into the weekend, which is all you need.

I’m just worried Hovland is going to hit a wall one of these weekends with it being his 6th straight. X -120 against him is probably too much for me to pass up this week

I’m with you on Morikawa.

I’m just worried Hovland is going to hit a wall one of these weekends with it being his 6th straight. X -120 against him is probably too much for me to pass up this week

I agree on Hovland. Pretty much the same number as last week but a stronger field and it’s his 6th in a row. I’m off Hovland but I like the kid a ton so I hope he proves us wrong.

Morikawa 22-1
Brooks 25-1
Woodland 40-1
Rose 50-1
Im 66-1
Niemann 66-1

2 units on Brooks and 2 units on Morikawa. The rest are small. I have no faith in Rose. I just bet it because the line is wrong. Same could be said for Reed though and I didn’t bet that. Might end up on it because Reed wins enough to almost justify an auto bet at 50-1.

As far as the Tiger line goes.. I think it’s a fair line but it’s still shocking. Feels like a sucker bet. Why would the books hang a big number like that when they know the public is gonna bet the shit out of it? I’ll pass.. although part of me wants to bet it because I’m never on Tiger (because he never carries any value).

Top 10 Ball Strikers (Since Restart)
  1. Viktor Hovland
  2. Abraham Ancer
  3. Bryson DeChambeau
  4. Lucas Glover
  5. Justin Thomas
  6. Doc Redman
  7. Hideki Matsuyama
  8. Corey Conners
  9. Sergio Garcia
  10. Dustin Johnson

Morikawa 22-1
Brooks 25-1
Woodland 40-1
Rose 50-1
Im 66-1
Niemann 66-1

2 units on Brooks and 2 units on Morikawa. The rest are small. I have no faith in Rose. I just bet it because the line is wrong. Same could be said for Reed though and I didn’t bet that. Might end up on it because Reed wins enough to almost justify an auto bet at 50-1.

As far as the Tiger line goes.. I think it’s a fair line but it’s still shocking. Feels like a sucker bet. Why would the books hang a big number like that when they know the public is gonna bet the shit out of it? I’ll pass.. although part of me wants to bet it because I’m never on Tiger (because he never carries any value).
Other than Collin this is a real nice card.

With that being said, the price is good on Morikawa. I get it...

GL

DeChambeau is going to eagle the par 4 14 at least 2 times this week (this is without knowing the tee box changes/etc)

Also 23 less golfers this week, almost 7%~ more golfers making the cut (in terms of player pool)

I won’t be on Collin again. Maybe if he had won easy but that was a lot of emotion to get it up again.

Early list of guys I like:

X
Berger
Tiger (winning might be too much to ask but Top 10)
Ancer
Reed a little

Top tier guys I like....Rahm, Bryson, DJ, Rory

Rose is a total fade for me his game looks lost right now.

Ya, at first glance, berger popping up in a lot of categories.... cheap-ish on DK too.

Cantlay may be an lock button for me, dropped under 10k for some reason, has made 19 straight cuts, and in his 2 tourneys since the restart he’s gained strokes in all four categories.....OTT, APPtG, ARtG, and on the green

Edit: I guess the only concern would be ownership

I forgot about Webb....have to have him on the cards somewhere. How is he 25–1 and Hideki is 20-1?

I hope the weather holds up. Looks like rain/ scattered t storms all four days... that said hard not to like Cantlay this week. I’ll be leaning on him in some head to head action... 12-1 seems a bit light. Hopefully have a card out together by tomorrow night... good luck guys

SGapp/SGoft/Bogey Avoidance/SGatg/BoB%/Greens in Reg./SG Putting/Scrambling

1594744875383.png

Deeper list, but can't take all the top performers.. bolded are the top 10 ball strikers since restart, left off were glover/redman.

Some nice 6.5K to 7.9K guys

Waiting for Round 1 and 2 Groupings and Tee times, but I imagine I am going to be much heavier on full tournament bets than round by round this tournament.

I was in a high school tournament with Tiger and he had about 50-100 people following him then. Should be an interesting dynamic for him having so few actually watching...

Locked in card:

Full Tournament

Webb Simpson +100 vs Jon Rahm
Doc Redman -125 vs Brendon Todd
Sergio Garcia -120 vs Jordan Spieth
Lucas Glover -120 vs Rory Sabbatini
Daniel Berger -120 vs Patrick Reed
Honest Abe -137 vs Fitzpatrick
Tiger Woods -295 vs Phil (parlayed with Abe - this is a bet I played just for fun - I wanted some Tiger action - plus I gotta keep my fade Phil going)

Rory Mcllroy +163 as top Britain/Ireland (Rose, Casey, Fitz, Poulter, Willett, Lowry)

Round 1:

Daniel Berger -120 vs Jason Dufner and Kevin Tway (hate laying juice in 3-balls, but I like this one a lot)

Abe Ancer +120 vs Matthew Wolff and Stewart Cink)

Haven’t found myself able to pull the trigger on Lowry 3 ball yet. Lean to Cantlay -106 vs Morikawa R1 too.

BOL everyone

Thurs PM tee times is really only slight disadvantaged for the thurs/fri lineups

good for 1594822135159.png

worse for 1594822193640.png

Back