The Memorial 2020 Discussion

Rahm driving ball great, hitting almost every green.

If he can make a few more putts he's gonna be a tough out.

Anyone have a feel for the featured PM groups? Cantlay/Bryson/Collin and X/JT/DJ

Last week Xander snuck in the cut line late. Already invested in him and against JT for the full tourney.

Anyone have a feel for the featured PM groups? Cantlay/Bryson/Collin and X/JT/DJ

Last week Xander snuck in the cut line late. Already invested in him and against JT for the full tourney.
Think Cantlay plays well today.

JT will play a bit better.

Cantlay even money against the big gorilla today. Might be worth a small shot just to root against Bryson.

Koepka just not ready either.

Guess the value wasn't there, appropriate pricing by the books for Woods and Blake.

Just brutal tournament for me all around. Time to head to the beach and drink to forget what golf even is

Hopefully Hovland takes a shit today

Sergio was humming along at -2 forever it seemed then dropped 3 coming in.

Some trainwrecks out there today....Tiger, Reed, Rose, Champ, Kisner, Koepka, Deki.....and what is DJ on this week? Wow

Berger was a bummer, last 2 holes, bogey/double bogey from -1 to -4 (and the cut may even move from -2 to -3......just jumped it)

I waited for him to finish out, but I may still mush him.
Jason Day could really bail me out here.

Spieth +120 vs Hovland for quite a bit for me. Going deep sea fishing tomorrow so probably won’t see. BOL everyone.

Bingo it popped. Spieth +130. I haven’t bet him in 2 years but here we are. Hovland is a stud but he had massive SG with the putter today and he’s not a great putter so I expect negative regression.

I think Rahm can pull away but I don’t want to play against G Wood who I also like.

What a wild tournament so far. That Bryson 10. My goodness. Someone tell that guy he doesn’t have to hit that club from there!

Bingo it popped. Spieth +130. I haven’t bet him in 2 years but here we are. Hovland is a stud but he had massive SG with the putter today and he’s not a great putter so I expect negative regression.

I think Rahm can pull away but I don’t want to play against G Wood who I also like.

I wanted to play Rahm too but wasn’t in the mood to fade Woodland

Pretty much out of this tourney except Woodland +2500 pre tourney. Lost on Tiger, Ancer, Brooks, and a few others.

Gonna give these a shot for fun. Not putting much on them, but enough to keep me interested.

Palmer just out of his mind now. I think he's in it come Sunday.

Think Justin Thomas obviously has forgotten last week, at least going into today. He will make a run.

Vic is Vic. He can make it interesting.

Also like Spieth's consistency. He can put up a monster weekend if he has his sports psychologist with him.

Haven't watched much on TV at all, but been following stats and each player with phone.

This is far from over.

Ryan Palmer +1000

Justin Thomas +1440

Vic Hovland +2000

Jordan Spieth +2500

I took the Baylor kid +290 v JT today.
Walker has not had a good Saturday @ this venue but it's a small sample, years ago.
Pizza money action.
Need Day more than anything.

Late to this again, but top 10 ball strikers through the 2 rounds

1. Jon Rahm
  2. Tony Finau
  3. Bubba Watson
  4. Xander Schauffele
  5. Luke List
  6. Gary Woodland
  7. Ryan Palmer
  8. Jim Furyk
  9. Tyler Duncan
  10. Justin Thomas

For the record, I have no problem with female commentators. I think Dottie Pepper is one of the great commentators in all of sports, and I enjoy listening to her. She adds to and enhances the viewing experience. Christina Kim... does not.

Brendan Todd 4 under 68 is the best round today...Steele -4 through 9...

That is it, looks to be a bit tougher than yesterday.

They can’t even hit these greens and half the fairways they can’t even hit. Playing almost unfair.
Playing tough, Cantlay impressive.

Man I wish he had a better price this week and live the last two days but pretty accurate numbers.

Why is Faldo still home in Orlando?

I wonder if the PGA could play indefinitely with no galleries? You see soooo much more on TV than from going. And its not like the fans are there to cheer for one and against another. They're quiet for everyone. Most of the time you don't hear much more than mild clapping anyway. The purses might go down a little, but think of how much smaller the footprint would be. No stands, no tents, no muddy crosswalks, No garbage. I wonder if it would open up some of the more exclusive clubs to hosting?

Naturally the team events would still need fans attending.

Wow - what a thing to come in from fishing to see. That’ll start to turn the weekend around!

Smart golfer would go middle of each green all day long minus the par 5’s and watch the carnage around them.... anyone else feeling Day is a play against with his back issues? Dude can barely pick up a tee off the ground.

Reed +140 vs JT- still think there’s bad blood between these two after Reed’s sand issues in the WGC Mexico. JT had a rough week last week and looks like he may be wearing down. I’m not a Reed fan but you know he wants to beat JT...

Griffin -150 vs Hoag- becoming a fan of Griffin and curious to see how Hoag handles Sunday...

Stricker-105 vs List- betting that Stricker figures out how to get around this course better than the kid today...

Norlander +125 vs Day- obvious physical issues for Day. Not to mention the wind should pick up a bit in the afternoon. Day is a high ball hitter and think he finds some trouble with navigating the round... I’ll try the dog in this spot

Good luck today guys!

I read a good tweet about a list of guys that have played 6 weeks straight, are not playing 3M next week, and are out of contention. Feels like a getaway day for those guys and could be fade material:

Day
Hovland - Munoz
Griffin
Reed
Wallace

I bet Norlander +130 v Day
JT -1/2 v Reed
Boss Hoad +115 v Griffin
And smaller Reavie -130 v Wallace

Glover > Scheffler is my biggest full tourney matchup I'll be rooting in. Also have Rory and Cantlay over JT.

Good luck today!

Back