The Memorial 2020 Discussion

Alright, have a bit to actually be on laptop and type out my card.

I wanted several more matchups but my few golf outs are not terribly great right now. So, no Spieth or Brandt fade for me for now.

I may add this late evening and have a list of guys circled live.

This gonna be a great tournament, damn near a major field IMO at a great track. Remember, the course will play different than last week.

Outrights:

2x

Woods +2500
Koepka +2500
Woodland +3500
Niemann +6600

1x

Ancer +4500
Leishman +5500

Matchups:

2x

Koepka +105 vs Hovland

1x

Sergio -110 vs Day

Props:

Corey Connors Top Canuck +195

Couple of quick thoughts..

Regardless of form or not playing I am taking value with Tiger and Koepka here with prices you will not see pre-tourney again this year. Blake comes out this week and kinda swings his dick around a bit methinks. This is a perfect time to remind everyone who the best big stage performer still is 3 weeks out from his quest for a 3rd straight PGA. I think last week only helps and with the late entry he means business. He is in a great pairing for motivation as well. As far as Tiger, he says he hasn't felt this good in awhile and I know it was an exhibition but he looked phenomenal at The Match. No one plays this course better than him and this will be his first healthy attempt at it in several years (he has played but his form/health wasn't great).

I wanted to start with those two off the bat...and the staking is this...all are to win approximately around the same unit number (so the risk is different). to make this simple here, the 2x are to win approx 10u and the 1x are to win approx 5u. The matchups are the same units used for football and basketball.

I'll get into the others further when I get home.

It's been a fun restart on tour, lets cash another outright!

I wanted several more matchups but my few golf outs are not terribly great right now. So, no Spieth or Brandt fade for me for now.

This gonna be a great tournament, damn near a major field IMO at a great track. Remember, the course will play different than last week.

Outrights:

2x

Woods +2500
Koepka +2500
Woodland +3500
Niemann +6600

1x

Ancer +4500
Leishman +5500

Matchups:

2x

Koepka +105 vs Hovland

1x

Sergio -110 vs Day

Props:

Regardless of form or not playing I am taking value with Tiger and Koepka here with prices you will not see pre-tourney again this year. Blake comes out this week and kinda swings his dick around a bit methinks. This is a perfect time to remind everyone who the best big stage performer still is 3 weeks out from his quest for a 3rd straight PGA. I think last week only helps and with the late entry he means business. He is in a great pairing for motivation as well. As far as Tiger, he says he hasn't felt this good in awhile and I know it was an exhibition but he looked phenomenal at The Match. No one plays this course better than him and this will be his first healthy attempt at it in several years (he has played but his form/health wasn't great).

I wanted to start with those two off the bat...and the staking is this...all are to win approximately around the same unit number (so the risk is different). to make this simple here, the 2x are to win approx 10u and the 1x are to win approx 5u. The matchups are the same units used for football and basketball.

Get it, BAR. BOL. Like that card a lot. Liking the Conners shot as well.

Outrights:

2x

Woods +2500
Koepka +2500
Woodland +3500
Niemann +6600

1x

Ancer +4500
Leishman +5500

Matchups:

2x

Koepka +105 vs Hovland

1x

Sergio -110 vs Day

Props:

Don’t make me play Tiger! Otherwise we are rooting for the same stuff basically. Might have to...

Btw... 100% agree on Brooks. He gets up for this shit. Regular events he doesn’t care about. This is basically a major.. he’s paired with Tiger and Rory.. he wants to show out. Extra two days off will help him. Puts better on faster greens. Im big on Brooks this week.

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger -

Cantlay -129 over Morikawa 1st round

Will most likely do a chase here if this ties or loses in R1.

More on Brooks. After a bad first round, he shot in the 60s and just missed the cut last time out.

He is well behind in Fedex points and has a lot to make up in just a few weeks to make the fedex field which starts next month.
That suggests he will be motivated to play well, and the intangibles that brings into play

last time I looked, you could get him at +130 v Matsuyama .

I have both of them on my team in the little game I play with friends.

More on Brooks. After a bad first round, he shot in the 60s and just missed the cut last time out.

He is well behind in Fedex points and has a lot to make up in just a few weeks to make the fedex field which starts next month.
That suggests he will be motivated to play well, and the intangibles that brings into play

I just played him at +143 on Bookmaker vs Matsu. Thought it was wrong at first. Wow number imo.

Also played:

Brooks +210 vs Tiger, Rory (Round 1).
Phil +210 vs Lowry, Rose (Round 1).
Morikawa +210 vs Bryson, Cantlay (Round 1).

Conners $10 to win $1000.
Mickelson $10 to win $1000.

That’s it I’m done. Went crazy this week.

Played Xander at 30-1. Top 10's Berger, Sergio, Fitz, Webb, and Ancer.

Tons of matchups....took 5 for Round 1, most at plus money:

Poulter over Hideki
Bubba over Niemann
Cantlay over Mori
X over JT
Mickelson over Rose

Full tourney:

Berger over Fowler
Sergio over Day
Champ over Wolff
Cantlay over JT
Rory over JT
Brooks over Hovland which is probably my favorite at +125
Fitz over Niemann
English over An

Full tourney:

Berger over Fowler
Sergio over Day
Champ over Wolff
Cantlay over JT
Rory over JT
Brooks over Hovland which is probably my favorite at +125
Fitz over Niemann
English over An
Good card.

I don't like JT off wins or high finishes so the thought occured to me as well.

Great stuff @bull . Nice point about the FedEx points.

Berger looking like JT last Sunday. Up 2 on Dufner with 3 to go. Double bogey, bogey, par to lose by 1. Impressive

Phil 0 bogies on the back and wins the 3 ball thanks to a Rose bogey on 18. Almost covered my Morikawa and Brooks 3balls so at least I was able to squeeze out something on what was otherwise a really weird day.

I think the morning guys were almost shocked by how hard it was playing.. especially those that played last week. Afternoon guys knew what to expect and walked into it knowing par was a good score. Either that or it was just playing easier in the afternoon, although it didn’t look easy with the greens not holding. Most of us put like -15 to win this thing but these greens are gonna be lightning the next 3 days. I wouldn’t be surprised if -10 won it.

Played Xander at 30-1. Top 10's Berger, Sergio, Fitz, Webb, and Ancer.

Tons of matchups....took 5 for Round 1, most at plus money:

Poulter over Hideki
Bubba over Niemann
Cantlay over Mori
X over JT
Mickelson over Rose

Somehow got to 2-3 in round 1 matchups with 2 dog winners thanks to Rose melt. Hideki birdied 18 to beat me.

Added Patrick Reed $60 to win $2046 at 33-1. Part of this is guilt for not betting it when I knew it was a good number at 50 pre tourney. Tiger is priced at half these odds and they’re both -1 (I think their chances are about equal). Reed was leading the tournament for awhile before a double bogey. I think it’s worth a shot and prob the best value of the adjusted odds.

Late to this but top 10 ball strikers yesterday

1. Brendan Steele
  2. Joaquin Niemann
  3. Ryan Moore
  4. Scottie Scheffler
  5. Lucas Glover
  6. Ryan Palmer
  7. Paul Casey
  8. Tyler Duncan
  9. Jon Rahm
  10. Tony Finau
I believe woods was 13, rose 15

Late to this but top 10 ball strikers yesterday

1. Brendan Steele
  2. Joaquin Niemann
  3. Ryan Moore
  4. Scottie Scheffler
  5. Lucas Glover
  6. Ryan Palmer
  7. Paul Casey
  8. Tyler Duncan
  9. Jon Rahm
  10. Tony Finau
I believe woods was 13, rose 15

Rahm has life to win this thing for sure.

Big Cat missing 3 foot birdie putts already today.

Late to the party but I took Tiger over Brooks and Woodland over Webb and Neimann +120 over Bubba and Percy

Gary cruising till his 2nd nine. Yikes

Tiger struggle bus...Koepka just up m down.

Leishman awful today.

Hoping Gary can get a few coming in to give me at least one horse for the weekend. Should be some value though tonight.. definitely scared of a guy like Rahm getting a lead though.

Back