Terrelle Pryor #1 player in the country

I don't care where this kid ends up, I just want it to be over with. I will say that it makes MUCH MORE sense to attend Mich than it does OSU imo

If PSU were to get pyror why do people think PSU would go to a national title game?

They are still PSU and have trouble getting 4 stars. Also, did anyone see what tOSU and michigan did to PSU the past couple years? Unless pyror can play defensive line and DB, PSU going to national title game is a fantasy much like pamela anderson being in my bed tonight.

Have trouble getting four stars?

Uh...last time I checked PSU has 10 four stars this year while OSU only has 7....we do pretty well getting the four stars...

Its the five stars we have problems with....

its over

Pryor apparently leaning toward Buckeyes
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
<!-- end story_image_box_size_1 -->

Jeannette quarterback Terrelle Pryor plans to announce his college choice Wednesday and indications are it will be Ohio State.

A few of Pryor's friends and acquaintances told the Post-Gazette Ohio State is Pryor's top choice. One unnamed source said Pryor told him recently he would sign with Ohio State.

Pryor, though, has said he has not made up his mind. He will announce Wednesday at noon and said Monday his three finalists are Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. He also said he will not reveal his choice to anyone until a noon news conference that will be carried live by ESPNU and CSTV.

Trinity senior linebacker Andrew Sweat, an Ohio State recruit, and two other Buckeye recruits met with Pryor a week-and-half ago in Jeannette.

Sweat believes Pryor will choose Ohio State.

"He didn't tell me he was committed, but he sounded like he was going to Ohio State," Sweat said.

Sweat and linemen J.B. Shugarts of Klein, Texas, and Mike Brewster of Orlando, Fla., attended Pryor's basketball game Jan. 26, and had pizza with Pryor after the game. Shugarts and Brewster are already enrolled at Ohio State, and Sweat will enroll in March.

"He said some pretty strong stuff about Ohio State. He said how he's just comfortable there and he really likes coach [Jim] Tressel," Sweat said. "You never know, but I'd be shocked if he didn't sign with Ohio State."
Sweat said Ohio State's coaches believe they will get Pryor. Last Friday, Tressel was at Gateway and Montour high schools recruiting junior players.

Gateway coach Terry Smith and Montour coach Lou Cerro said Tressel sounded confident about landing Pryor.

Sweat will enroll at Ohio State in March. This past November, Pryor told the Post-Gazette there was a good chance he would enroll in college in March.

Unlike Michigan and Penn State, Ohio State's academic calendar is in quarters. The spring quarter at Ohio State begins March 24, one week after the finish of high school basketball in Pennsylvania.

Have trouble getting four stars?

Uh...last time I checked PSU has 10 four stars this year while OSU only has 7....we do pretty well getting the four stars...

Its the five stars we have problems with....

my point was that there shouldn't be any talk of PSU and the national title game in the same sentence they just don't belong together.

with every1 expecting OSU, he pulls the Mich shocker?

that picture of him and rich rod measuring hands is just too intimate

haha might wanna take it down now monk,

this bitch is OVER.

Congrats OSU, you guys got a good one and should win 2 national championships at least with him.

haha might wanna take it down now monk,

this bitch is OVER.

Congrats OSU, you guys got a good one and should win 2 national championships at least with him.

Hey! You are not supposed to congratulate us. You are suppose to call us cheaters, suckeyes, bring up Sarniak, etc.

nah, I think it's great for the rivalry and great for the big 10...it's an exciting player that will change the conference imo.

Brandon Harris is a monster....I hope you are right MUTo

From what I have heard, Jenkins was close to a lock when Michael Brewster signed....

That would be a coup in Florida this year.....Brewster, Harris, Sabino, and Howard? Already an awsome haul, but throw in Harris. I hope!

The insiders have said that the AA game in San Antonio really opened JJ's eyes to elite level football. ANd this is what has scared him away. Not necessarily Brewster and Adams, but the overall talent of the nation's elite HS football players. WV's HS football is pathetic.

Jenkins is a Mountie.

Jenkins selects WVU

By DAVE POE, Sports Editor
POSTED: February 5, 2008

<TABLE class=formTable cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=5 width=645><THEAD><TR><TH colSpan=3>Email: "Jenkins selects WVU" </TH></TR></THEAD><FORM name=emailContent onsubmit="return validateEmailContent()" action=/?page=content.detail&id=501866&nav=5061 method=post><TBODY><TR><TD width=175>*To:
</TD><TD width=225><INPUT id=toEmailContent title="Your Google Toolbar can fill this in for you. Select AutoFill" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffa0" maxLength=128 size=32 name=toEmailContent> </TD><TD><--TO Email REQUIRED!
</TD></TR><TR><TD>*From:
</TD><TD><INPUT id=fromEmailContent title="Your Google Toolbar can fill this in for you. Select AutoFill" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffa0" maxLength=128 size=32 name=fromEmailContent> </TD><TD><--FROM Email REQUIRED!
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=3><INPUT type=hidden value=501866 name=emailContentID> <INPUT type=submit value="Send Email" name=submit> </TD></TR></TBODY></FORM></TABLE>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> function validateEmailContent() { var dspError = 0; if (document.forms.emailContent.toEmailContent == null||document.forms.emailContent.toEmailContent.value == '') { document.getElementById('toEmailContent').style.border = 'solid #ff0000 1px'; document.getElementById('toEmailContentError').style.display = 'block'; dspError = 1; }else{ document.getElementById('toEmailContent').style.border = ''; document.getElementById('toEmailContentError').style.display = 'none'; }if (document.forms.emailContent.fromEmailContent == null||document.forms.emailContent.fromEmailContent.value == '') { document.getElementById('fromEmailContent').style.border = 'solid #ff0000 1px'; document.getElementById('fromEmailContentError').style.display = 'block'; dspError = 1; }else{ document.getElementById('fromEmailContent').style.border = ''; document.getElementById('fromEmailContentError').style.display = 'none'; } if ( dspError != 0 ){ return false; } } </SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=javascript> function setBorder(chosen) { if(chosen == "1777"){ document.getElementById("Photo_1777").style.borderColor ="#0066FF"; }else{ document.getElementById("Photo_1777").style.borderColor ="#FFFFFF"; } } function doChangeLink(chosen) { document.getElementById("PictureURL").href="javascript:PopupPic('Photo="+chosen+"')" } function PopupPic(sPicURL) { window.open( "/?page=photos.largeImage&showlayout=0&loc=news&"+sPicURL, "fullsizepopup", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=10,WIDTH=10,top=0,left=0"); } </SCRIPT>
Article Photos

<FORM name=formPhotoViewer>
<SCRIPT language=javascript> window.onLoad = doChangeLink('501866_1.jpg'); </SCRIPT>Josh Jenkins
<SCRIPT language=javascript> document.getElementById('photoCaption').innerHTML = 'Josh Jenkins' </SCRIPT></FORM>
Article Links

» Parkersburg High School Football » West Virginia University Football

PARKERSBURG — Josh Jenkins is about to become a Mountaineer.

The Parkersburg High School consensus All-American will end a two-year recruiting battle for his services when he signs a letter-of-intent to play football for West Virginia University during a 9 a.m. press conference today at Memorial Fieldhouse, the News and Sentinel has learned.

Jenkins and members of the PHS staff who have guided him through the recruiting process spent Tuesday evening thanking all the other schools that recruited him and letting them know he would not be accepting their scholarship offers.

Jenkins, a 6-foot-5, 305-pound guard, had his choice of virtually every major college football program in America, but he decided to attend WVU, the school to which he originally committed.

Jenkins had made his initial commitment when Rick Trickett was the offensive line coach and Rich Rodriguez was the head coach. Since that time, Trickett left for Florida State and Rodriguez left for Michigan. Shortly after the latter took place, Jenkins reneged on his commitment to West Virginia and flirted with offers from Florida State, Florida and Ohio State.

But the hirings of head coach Bill Stewart, recruiting coordinator John “Doc” Holliday and line coach Dave Johnson persuaded Jenkins to return to the Mountaineer fold.

Jenkins was the subject of the biggest recruiting battle in the history of Parkersburg, and some say in the history of West Virginia. He caused a parade of high-profile head coaches to visit Parkersburg High School’s football headquarters. Among those who showed up were Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis, Florida State coach Bobby Bowden, Ohio State coach Jim Tressel and Stewart.

Jenkins was a member of a senior class that led PHS to the first back-to-back state titles in the 103-year history of the Big Red football program. At the conclusion of both of those years, he was named the winner of the Hunt Award, presented annually to the top lineman in West Virginia. That made Jenkins the first player in Mountain State history to win the award twice. He will receive his historic second Hunt Award at the Victory Awards Dinner, set for May 4, appropriately, in Morgantown.

Jenkins is just the second player in Parkersburg High School history to earn first team all-state honors for three consecutive seasons, joining the legendary Ross McHenry, who went on to star at WVU (representing the Mountaineers in the East-West Shrine Game) and returning to PHS as the head football coach.

Jenkins was the first West Virginia high school player to be invited to play in the nationally televised U.S. Army All-American Bowl, where he was a member of the victorious East squad. It was his performance there that solidified his rating as the No. 1 offensive guard in America, as rated by Scout.com, an online recruiting information service.

Jenkins most recent honors came when he was named a first-team, all-American by USA Today and Parade magazine.

Jenkins is known around the PHS football camp for his leadership skills — he was one of Parkersburg’s captains — and for his intensity in the weight room and on the field.

Stewart and Holliday made the signing of Jenkins — a five-star recruit and the top in-state player — their No. 1 recruiting priority. Their hard work has paid off with the biggest commitment WVU has received thus far and one in which anxious West Virginia fans across the Mountain State finally can rejoice.

nah, I think it's great for the rivalry and great for the big 10...it's an exciting player that will change the conference imo.

You said it best about him needing to stay in the conference. Albeit us, you or God forbid PSU. It is important to get these high profile players in the Big 10 and coaches too. Tressel, RR (if he can pull it off), Schiano at PSU if JP ever steps down, Zooker turning things around at Illinois.

He wont win 2 NCs at Suckeye U. No explanation needed. Theyll always be good, dont get me wrong. But we know what happens in the end...

xXx

I agree mutosu, the big 10 is changing for the better imo and I am excited...

jester, maybe OSU lost the last two title games but the fact is they were good enough to reach the national championship game 3x this decade and winning one....no other program can equal that success outside of USC and LSU.

Terrelle Pryor - QB - Jeannette, Pa.
pdb05_eventsr.gif

As of 10:08 p.m. ET, Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell confirmed with Terrelle Pryor that he will not sign on National Signing Day. He's down to Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon and Penn State and still has plans for an official visit to Penn State.

ok theres no going back for me now

if he delays his decision to take an official visit to PSU and then still goes to OSU or Michigan, this guy will be on my all time shit list

just for the record. Let's see how trusted my sources are. They have always been reliable. Says he is comeing to Osu. From what I heard he really understands a red shirt year for him will be very helpful and he understands that. Plus Ohio state basketball really enticed him and tressel has no problem with him playing both. Thatsvthe latest I've heard as a few hours. Dont hold me to this. Kist relaying info

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 6px;" valign="top">Latest on Terrelle Pryor - 9 p.m. update...</td><td style="padding: 6px;" class="" 1="" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom">Reply</td></tr></tbody></table><hr color="#cccccc" noshade="noshade"> Terrelle Pryor just called me a few minutes ago and said he's now not signing tomorrow. He said he's 100-percent sure he's not signing. He said he's going to take an official visit to Penn State for sure, hopefully a weekend visit, and might visit Oregon. He said he is just not sure of his choice as of right now.

He has had numerous discussions with his father who really likes the way Penn State has recruited Terrelle. Penn State has been to Terrelle's father's house numerous times and had done a good job making him feel comfortable that PSU is the right place for his son.

So as of now it's OSU, Michigan, PSU and Oregon for his services with no signing date set. He could change his mind again when he wakes up, so I am simply reporting what he's telling me.

Trust me, he is not doing this for the attention, this kid sounds as torn up about a decision as any I've covered. And he is aware of the reputation that some folks are pinning on him and to that he told me he has to do what is right for him and can't worry about public opinion. He and his family come first and this is an important decision that he's not going to rush for anyone.

Good news for PSU fans here no doubt.
This post was edited on 2/5 10:21 PM by Chad C

<script language="javascript"> if (getCookie("HideSigs") != 1) { document.writeln('Mike Farrell

Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst'); } </script>Mike Farrell

Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst

Jeannette's Pryor won't sign today

By Paul Schofield
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Jeannette quarterback Terrelle Pryor said late Tuesday night that he changed his mind and is not planning to sign a national letter of intent today.

"I'm 100 percent sure I'm not signing," Pryor said. "It's a tough decision and I'm still trying to decide between Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State."

Pryor did say he has eliminated Oregon and told the Oregon coaches the school was too far from home. Pryor said he'll probably make a visit to Penn State.

Wednesday is the first day high school football players can sign a binding letter of intent. Pryor was expected to announce his decision at noon on ESPNU and CSTV, but Jeannette coach Ray Reitz said Pryor still plans to meet with the media to answer a few questions.

e.gif
Jeannette quarterback Terrelle Pryor said late Tuesday night that he changed his mind and is not planning to sign a national letter of intent today. "I'm 100 percent sure I'm not signing," Pryor said. "It's a tough decision and I'm still trying to decide between Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State."

Pryor did say he has eliminated Oregon and told the Oregon coaches the school was too far from home. Pryor said he'll probably make a visit to Penn State.

Wednesday is the first day high school football players can sign a binding letter of intent. Pryor was expected to announce his decision at noon on ESPNU and CSTV, but Jeannette coach Ray Reitz said Pryor still plans to meet with the media to answer a few questions.

<script language="JavaScript"><!-- DisplayAds("Top1,Bottom,Frame1,Right3,TopRight,x10,x11,x12,x13,x14,x15,Position1!Position1","300","250"); //--> </script><script language="JavaScript1.1" src="http://ads.pittsburghlive.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.cgi/pittsburghlive.com/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_551013.html/1222834730@Top1,Bottom,Frame1,Right3,TopRight,x10,x11,x12,x13,x14,x15,Position1%21Position1"><!-- </script>"Terrelle is not sure," Reitz said. "He needs more time."

Pryor's mother, Thomasina (Toni) Pryor, said he told her earlier Tuesday he was 50/50 about making a decision.

"It stresses me out to see him stressed out," Toni Pryor said. "I don't care where he goes. I just want him to go where he'll be happy and content."

At the Michigan-Ohio State basketball game last night, Ohio State students displayed signs that said: "Terrelle Pryor, come to Ohio State!" The ESPN broadcast crew said Michigan basketball coach John Beilein indicated that if Pryor selected Michigan, he certainly can play basketball.

If Pryor selects Ohio State, he may have to start his collegiate career behind fifth-year senior Todd Boeckman. The 6-foot-5, 243-pound Boeckman completed 191 of 299 passes for 2,379 yards, 25 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for the Buckeyes.

At Michigan, Pryor may have the opportunity to play immediately in coach

Rich Rodriguez's spread offense. Former starter Chad Henne has no more eligibility remaining and backup Ryan Mallett transferred.

"When we talked (Tuesday morning), I gave him my choice and he gave me his," said Pryor's father, Craig. "They weren't the same. But it's his decision."

Craig Pryor said he did not pick Ohio State, but he did not indicate what school his son chose.

Craig Pryor also told his son that playing immediately might not be the best way to make progress. He said it wouldn't hurt if he sat back and watched while he tries to learn to read defenses.

"He's not worried about playing right away," Craig Pryor said. "It will give him time to learn and adjust to the speed of the game."

Pryor thrived at Jeannette on the football field and on the basketball court.

He became the first high school football player in the state to run for and throw for more than 4,000 yards in his career. He recently surpassed the 2,000-point and 1,000-rebound mark in basketball.

But making a decision hasn't been easy.

"Terrelle likes to please everyone," Craig Pryor said. "He's going to make someone unhappy when he makes his decision."

If I was a betting man, judging by his dad's comments, Id have to say the dad wants PSU and the son wants Michigan...

All I know is it sucks to be a Badger fan right now because no matter what I am going to have to deal with this damn kid for the next 3 years. If I could put money on this I think there would be some good value on PSU. For some reason I think he could end up there

LMAO, it sure did

I was just telling Hunt on phone you prolly are creaming yourself basically

the best part is all the Buck fans are getting REAL nervous right now:tiphat:

I generally as a rule of thumb try to avoid any 'creaming' over 18 year old boys, but yes I was rather excited when I heard.....

Of course at this point Im not putting it past him that he wakes up tomorrow and commits to OSU

really, who the hell knows at this point?

Of course at this point Im not putting it past him that he wakes up tomorrow and commits to OSU

really, who the hell knows at this point?

"When we talked (Tuesday morning), I gave him my choice and he gave me his," said Pryor's father, Craig. "They weren't the same. But it's his decision." Craig Pryor said he did not pick Ohio State, but he did not indicate what school his son chose.
hmmmm

Craig Pryor said HE did not pick Ohio State, but he did not indicate what school his son chose.

Whos the first 'he'? Is that the dad or TP??

Bad syntax there

I dont think he has any idea where hes going, so how do you???
u serious? u dont think he knows where he is going? i was acutally joking about the OSU thing, but now we're onto something else.

tp knows where he is going guys. if u think he doesnt, your nuts. this guy is a HUGE attention whore. do some research on him and you'll see what i mean.

regardless of where he goes, he knows as of RIGHT NOW where it is...

i disagree steed....he is a prima donna...but he is more confused than anything

i think he hears one thing from one person and thinks oh yeah that sounds good, ill do that and then he hears something else from another person and thinks oh yeah, thats a good point, that sounds better

basically i think hes a somewhat impressionable and very indecisive teenage kid

i think he hears one thing from one person and thinks oh yeah that sounds good, ill do that and then he hears something else from another person and thinks oh yeah, thats a good point, that sounds better

:shake:

reminds me of a mod from Ohio:tiphat:

I think when Pryor does sign it will be with the last place team that nobody expects him to sign with...Any books running some odds on this?? lol

Back