***Super Bowl LI Discussion: Atlanta vs New England***

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>New England Patriots vs Atlanta Falcons - Super Bowl LI</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sun 2/5[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]101 New England Patriots[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -3 -105[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -150 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o57½ -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o30 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E3_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u30 -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]6:30PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]102 Atlanta Falcons[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +3 -115 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +130 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u57½ -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o27½ -115 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E4_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u27½ -105[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Hope the falcons defensive backs are better prepared than shittsburghs.
That was terrible.
Pats will have a lot to deal with on defense as will Atlanta.
Hope we get a competitive game. Playoffs have been uninteresting.

Falcons +3 6X

They're coached nearly as good as NE. They have as many different offensive weapons as NE. Lack of running game for Pats will prevent them from covering this one.
Its Ryan's year.

Certainly will be looking for Sanu props because NE will do everything they can to neutralize Julio. And my call would be NE 31-20ish fwiw.

Even if belichek does what he does best and takes out the biggest threat, Julio, this offense was without him for four games basically this year and didn't skip a beat

Sanu, Gabriel, Coleman and Freeman all big play weapons

I don't know how you keep them under 30

Don't know if pats keep up and neither defense is great

Easy. One team happy to be there vs. the best coach in the game's history that desperately wants this game w/ Brady.

No hesitation at all laying 3.

Another top scoring offense meets top scoring defense Super Bowl.

I'll always side with the defense.

I'll go Pats 31-27.

Falcons +3 6X

They're coached nearly as good as NE. They have as many different offensive weapons as NE. Lack of running game for Pats will prevent them from covering this one.
Its Ryan's year.

Stop. That is hilarious.

Falcons +3 6X

Its Ryan's year.

How are they coached nearly as well as Belichek's team?

The total seems ridiculously high to me. And because of this im hesitant to bet on the pats.

My first thoughts championship Sunday night is that I will be on the pats big and not just because it's the super bowl. Early action is heavy on NE

How are they coached nearly as well as Belichek's team?

Atlanta is coached as good as New England.

In 2013 2014 Dan QUINN was defensive coordinator of one of the greatest units in history.

In 2016 QUINN is back again in the suoerbowl after his second year in Atlanta

Assistants make your team- since Quinn had left Seattle you witnessed a steady decline of Seattles vaunted defense. It wasn't the same.

Kyle Shanahan son of The legend Mike is on a roll. He is ahead of every single defensive coach in the league. Belkichek will have his hands full with Shanny.
Shanahan is using all weapons and running a bakanced offense usung 7-9 different guys. Good luck Bill taking one guy out. That works vs Pittsburgh who has Brown and a bunch of CFL caliber receivers.

The Gm Dimitriff is a genius. He gets credit for putting together a brilliant roster.

Patriots are also brilliant very smart. Very organized. One step ahead of defenses.

Should be a great game. Other than youth on Atlanta these teams have equal coaching and intelligence on their staffs.

Can we stop pretending pats are a great defense

Their pass defense was 23rd in dvoa

It's two very good offenses

Gun to my head I'd go Pats. But it was +4.5 at one book and +6 at another as a future this week. My hesitancy is why then would they make it so easy and put it right on 3. Seems like they want Pats money and NBA had a good point in reference to the total.

I'd still lean Pats

Dan Quinn. Defensive coordinator for seattle 2013 2014. M

Now he in suoerbowl so fast with new team.

CAN WE GIVE DAN QUINN SOME RESPECT?

Can we stop pretending pats are a great defense

Their pass defense was 23rd in dvoa

It's two very good offenses

#1 scoring defense in the league and just shut down the Steelers (Bell was injured, yes). At some point, they have to get SOME credit.

That's obviously not to say that Atlanta can't score on them, their offense is as good as it gets...but ffs.

Lareux yeah pats did what they are supposed to do. Stop 1 dimensional offenses.

Pats played Osweiller and Hopkins and today it was versus Antonio brown and that's it.

How will ill the pats stop 5-7 guys on Atlanta. They can all catch and run and all are good

Dan Quinn. Defensive coordinator for seattle 2013 2014. M

Now he in suoerbowl so fast with new team.

CAN WE GIVE DAN QUINN SOME RESPECT?

Sure. Great job by Quinn, he has a bright future. But to suggest that their coaching is on the same level as the Pats is fucking ridiculously hilarious.

One thing nice for Atlanta is it's going to be in a dome, like their home. No rain, no wind, no anything to try and stop that high powered offense.

But will Matt Ryan come out with jitters? I can easily see that until he can get comfortable. Biggest stage in the world. And Brady has done it a bunch of times already.

Easy to be number one scoring defense in NFL when you have Brady building big leads and

You PLAYED JETS TWICE NINERS BROWNS RAMS TEXANS BILLS STEELERS WITH NO BIG BEN

Lareux yeah pats did what they are supposed to do. Stop 1 dimensional offenses.

Pats played Osweiller and Hopkins and today it was versus Antonio brown and that's it.

How will ill the pats stop 5-7 guys on Atlanta. They can all catch and run and all are good

Not sure, that's why they play the games though. It would be foolish to write off the Pats and act as if Atlanta is going to run roughshod over them though.

One thing nice for Atlanta is it's going to be in a dome, like their home. No rain, no wind, no anything to try and stop that high powered offense.

But will Matt Ryan come out with jitters? I can easily see that until he can get comfortable. Biggest stage in the world. And Brady has done it a bunch of times already.

Its true - Ryan used to choke a lot. Esoecially in cold weather in the road. Like at philly for whatever reason Ryan struggles there. He can't do it.

Easy to be number one scoring defense in NFL when you have Brady building big leads and

You PLAYED JETS TWICE NINERS BROWNS RAMS TEXANS BILLS STEELERS WITH NO BIG BEN

I don't know who "you" is, but again this is all just hate flowing out.

You're right, no Big Ben. Then they played Big Ben tonight and it was lights out. Go ahead, tell me how Bell was injured and how that means they're not as good as it seems.

#1 scoring defense in the league and just shut down the Steelers (Bell was injured, yes). At some point, they have to get SOME credit.

That's obviously not to say that Atlanta can't score on them, their offense is as good as it gets...but ffs.

Credit as an average defense sure

They aren't good be the pass because they shut down an offense that was bad on the road this year vs what they did all season

The dome with definitely help them to feel more comfortable. Should be a great game.

Credit as an average defense sure

They aren't good be the pass because they shut down an offense that was bad on the road this year vs what they did all season

They may not be good against the pass....but it easily could be they don't have great stats against the pass because "they build big leads" and see teams throwing to try and get back in the game. Can't have it both ways. (It was Sammy who posted the quote, but it's Pats hate vs. reality nonetheless)

Bellichek has the experience advantage.

Coaching is equal.

SHANAHAN IS EQUAL TO JOSH MCDANIELS. I THINK A DRAW IS FAIR HERE.

PATRICIA BELLICHEK VS DAN QUINN IS A DRAW. QUINN ALREADY PLAYED THE PATS IN SUPERBOEL OF 2014 he limited pats to 13 points end of third qtr.

bellichek and patricia haven't faced this Atlanta offense.

Schenstically pats will draw Falcons here.

Not sure, that's why they play the games though. It would be foolish to write off the Pats and act as if Atlanta is going to run roughshod over them though.

No one is saying that, the only one saying something so definitive is you with the coaches

League wide the falcons coaches have been widely praised

Shanahan would have won assistant of the year most likely and Quinn is widely known as great

No one is saying belichek is bad

Coaching is equal.

PATRICIA BELLICHEK VS DAN QUINN IS A DRAW. QUINN ALREADY PLAYED THE PATS IN SUPERBOEL OF 2014 he limited pats to 13 points end of third qtr.

I'm sorry but this is, again, ridiculously fucking laughable. You're saying Dan Quinn is equal to, what is quite possible THE greatest NFL coach ever PLUS Patricia....just stop.

They may not be good against the pass....but it easily could be they don't have great stats against the pass because "they build big leads" and see teams throwing to try and get back in the game. Can't have it both ways. (It was Sammy who posted the quote, but it's Pats hate vs. reality nonetheless)

Dvoa is weighted to take those things in to how it factors

Per game stats which don't factor in pace of strength of schedule like number one scoring defense are not good

Coaching is equal.

PATRICIA BELLICHEK VS DAN QUINN IS A DRAW.
QUINN ALREADY PLAYED THE PATS IN SUPERBOEL OF 2014 he limited pats to 13 points end of third qtr.

I'm sorry but, again, this is ridiculously fucking laughable. You're saying Dan Quinn is equal to, what is quite possible the greatest NFL coach ever AND Patricia....please stop. My ribs are killing me.

DAN QUINN BULT Seattle. It was all him. The guy knows defense.

Look ok at what he is doing with tins of rookies. Trufant gets hurt? Step in jsken Collins.

Quinn is the best defensive mind in the game right there with Bill.

No one is saying that, the only one saying something so definitive is you with the coaches

League wide the falcons coaches have been widely praised

Shanahan would have won assistant of the year most likely and Quinn is widely known as great

No knemjs saying belichek is bad

But it IS definitive with the coaches. Quinn and Shanahan have been great, I'm certainly not disputing that. To act as if they're equal to Belichick is comical though. They very well may be one day, but they've got a LONG way to go. Pretty much all I'm saying...and I'm not sure how that's not bullet-proof.

We saw what Dan Quinn did to Denver in 2013.

He limited Brady in 2014.

This year he smoked Wilson and Rodgers back to back.

Pete Carrol with his confused look was not Seattles brains. It was Dan Quinn.

I followed Seattle. Once Quinn left Seattle was weaker every single game.

We saw what Dan Quinn did to Denver in 2013.

He limited Brady in 2014.

This year he smoked Wilson and Rodgers back to back.

Pete Carrol with his confused look was not Seattles brains. It was Dan Quinn.

I followed Seattle. Once Quinn left Seattle was weaker every single game.

Not disputing this at all. You're spinning your wheels.

I just got buried by the Pats after riding them for weeks, but I'm sort of leaning Atlanta. Can be talked out of it. And can I squeeze one more over a ridiculous total out of these playoffs?

Brady and Belichek are amazing, have the edge on coaching, but Quinn is damn good as well. That being said, experience is part of it to say the least. At the same time, I just don't see anyone shutting down Atlanta. They are rolling hard and lighting up everyone. Green Bay has a terrible D, we all know that, but wow, today was impressive. Today was absolutely fucking brutal for me, worst day in my history, didn't cash hardly any bets and was wrong on about every thought I had. It's playoff football, so what asshole goes heavy on the NFC/AFC Championship games? This one. I think Matty Ice is having a coming out party and that this game will go over and the Falcons win 35-31 type game.

I'm not impressed at all with Bellichek and Mcdaniels.

How did Mcdaniels fare as a head coach?? Who did he place his reputation on in Denver by drafting?

Tim tebow. I'm sorry. Mcdaniels isn't that great.

I'm not impressed at all with Bellichek and Mcdaniels.

How did Mcdaniels fare as a head coach?? Who did he place his reputation on in Denver by drafting?

Tim tebow. I'm sorry. Mcdaniels isn't that great.

Lol. What would how he did as a HC have anything to do with him being an OC?

And I'm the biggest Tebow "hater" out there, but what McDaniels did with him as his QB was pretty impressive.

Back