Sunday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 18 Sun 2021

Apr 18 Sun 2021

Last edited:
gotta check umps and other things but will most likely be on Ff unders in Seattle and Miami once again.

tempted to fade NYY as they are bad yet constantly lined like they're good, but the TB bullpen is a shell of what it has been. Might be a tough year until they get that sorted, it's scary right now

Stroman too big of a fave, but pitch to contact Senzatela at Coors is not comforting.

Bauer looks cheap since Snell can't finish 1 inning let alone 6 and the Dodgers just pull wins out of thin air

Haven't watched Houck yet, but his numbers have been great.

Wonder where this KC love came from as Singer is now a fave, Ray walks too many but has to know that's an issue. Jays pen pretty banged up and will likely have to cover some innings, but Singer has not been sharp and is still a prospect living off that hype

I actually like over in Miami...

Bieber FF unders til the wheels fall off

im not playing the under in Miami or Seattle. Terrible ump in mia plus Dunno what we get out of giants starter in his 1st action of the year? Plus fish hit lefties. Pitching change in Seattle.

great ump for the Ff under in cincy w Biebs too. Im afraid Miley gonna come back to earth at some point but not sure tribe the ones to do it.

tempted to fade NYY as they are bad yet constantly lined like they're good, but the TB bullpen is a shell of what it has been. Might be a tough year until they get that sorted, it's scary right now

Stroman too big of a fave, but pitch to contact Senzatela at Coors is not comforting.

Bauer looks cheap since Snell can't finish 1 inning let alone 6 and the Dodgers just pull wins out of thin air

Haven't watched Houck yet, but his numbers have been great.

Wonder where this KC love came from as Singer is now a fave, Ray walks too many but has to know that's an issue. Jays pen pretty banged up and will likely have to cover some innings, but Singer has not been sharp and is still a prospect living off that hype

over tempting in kc, figure at least one these pitchers get knocked around.

what a gross lineup to play -1.5 but i guess it can work

I havnt seen a lineup yet, or you just saying phils in general? They not that bad. Neither game in series been close and don’t really expect this one to be either. Cards facing Nola a day after they scored a bunch of runs just screams they do next to nothing offensively today. Just don’t think Gant been that good despite not giving much up, he in a far less friendly park today and unless phils sitting bunch of guys think the lineup be plenty capable of hitting him.

I still dunno how doyers won that game last night. Just gross, if they gonna win games like that they might freaking win 120+ stinking games! Lol. Thought for sure Pham tied it in bottom 9th but mookie made the one play that was all they needed with pads basically handing them everything else! Def don’t see much reason to go against them today, Bauer does look cheap and impossible to know what ya get from Snell.

I havnt seen a lineup yet, or you just saying phils in general? They not that bad. Neither game in series been close and don’t really expect this one to be either. Cards facing Nola a day after they scored a bunch of runs just screams they do next to nothing offensively today. Just don’t think Gant been that good despite not giving much up, he in a far less friendly park today and unless phils sitting bunch of guys think the lineup be plenty capable of hitting him.

in general. It looks so much better on paper than it actually is, i look forward to being against them a lot this year

in general. It looks so much better on paper than it actually is, i look forward to being against them a lot this year

hmm. I actually have leaned to playing them more than against them thus far. I think the pen has improved a great deal which I thought been their biggest weakness in recent years (they had a freaking 7 era last year!). I think they gonna be in the mix for the East.

feel ya, i'm still licking my wounds from last MLB season

2020 was just a messed up season/year for everyone and everything. Baseball without fans was pretty awful! Even at 25-40% capacity most parks allowing it makes a world of difference. Watching the lad/sd game last night with all the fans chanting “beat la” was fun, woulda been great had stadium been full but still tons better than no fans of last season.

Would be insanely terrible for SD to get swept in this series after all the hype in the offseason. Obviously it won't define the entire season per se but it would be a real kick to the face of this "rivalry"

Would be insanely terrible for SD to get swept in this series after all the hype in the offseason. Obviously it won't define the entire season per se but it would be a real kick to the face of this "rivalry"

i'm not really a believer in SD, but this LAD team is a juggernaut

everyone's in the mix from the east right now, pen definitely better but we'll see how long that lasts

im assuming no matter what the pen can’t possibly be anywhere close to as bad the previous few seasons!!

Thus far they really not hitting (which speaks to your knock of the lineup), they have a collective ops below .700, last year they were top 10 with a .781 team ops. I think the lineup looks pretty solid on paper, I don’t know that I love McCutchen as leadoff hitter but Hoskins, Harper, Realmuto a solid 2-3-4, and cutch can still get on base, assuming last year was more the strangeness of season opposed to decline he always been a guy with a obp above .360, he not the .400 obp he was in prime but think .360ish reasonable still. Didi and segura not bad toward bottom of a lineup. overall I’d take their lineup over bunch of others.

I mean a line up that features Raley, Taylor, Barnes and McKinstry for now and a pen which I'm not very high on gave SD problems and Clayton lucking out on some outs too..

ya AJ is back today, but it's still AJ.. gets hits and homers when the game is out of reach... old Raul Ibanez.

I mean a line up that features Raley, Taylor, Barnes and McKinstry for now and a pen which I'm not very high on gave SD problems and Clayton lucking out on some outs too..

Kershaw knocking in runs by staring at pitches too

if they keep getting wins like last night, SD bailed them out plenty of times with their RISP AB's and, of course, MOOOOKIE to save the tie

dont leave out Yu losing his shit for that inning where he gifted doyers the winning and only run (until the turner blast in 9th). I still can’t wrap my mind around fact Yu didn’t throw one fastball to Kershaw in that ab where he walked him! He went to the 4 seamer in next ab against mookie with bases juiced! Between that then pads inexplicably holding Grisham at 3rd on machado’s single (after he stole 2nd for apparently no reason!) they for sure gift wrapped that game! Mookie def stole it with that play tho! Man I was pumped when Pham hit it I thought for sure it was a tie game right off bat!! Then it initially looked like ball might have hit the ground but no such luck. That was a pretty tough loss, lol. As if doyers need all the breaks!

oh I forgot the ump was also garbage! He was calling strikes (mostly for Dodgers pitchers) that were several inches off the plate, forget boarder line pitches!

Ok, I’m done venting over that game now! End of day it was my fault for trying to go against the doyers!! Lol

Ok, I’m done venting over that game now! End of day it was my fault for trying to go against the doyers!! Lol
i'm there with you, that shot up the middle which happens to bounce right to Corey off Clayton's glove..mookie grab...I think it was Hallion back there yesterday, probablyu had some taco reservation to get to.

ya. Yu had a bad third of an inning I believe.. thought he he had 2 outs before deciding to do his best impressions when he was with the doyers.

yep. All with 2 outs, single, hit a guy, walked Barnes, then walked Kershaw for the run,. For some reason he completely abandoned his 4 seamer for those 3 batters.

yep. All with 2 outs, single, hit a guy, walked Barnes, then walked Kershaw for the run,. For some reason he completely abandoned his 4 seamer for those 3 batters.
imagine being that afraid of Clayton and Barnes

dont leave out Yu losing his shit for that inning where he gifted doyers the winning and only run (until the turner blast in 9th). I still can’t wrap my mind around fact Yu didn’t throw one fastball to Kershaw in that ab where he walked him! He went to the 4 seamer in next ab against mookie with bases juiced! Between that then pads inexplicably holding Grisham at 3rd on machado’s single (after he stole 2nd for apparently no reason!) they for sure gift wrapped that game! Mookie def stole it with that play tho! Man I was pumped when Pham hit it I thought for sure it was a tie game right off bat!! Then it initially looked like ball might have hit the ground but no such luck. That was a pretty tough loss, lol. As if doyers need all the breaks!

it was on my list, too. Glad i didn't play due to the result, but it was a decent bet. Just tip your cap to Kershaw and that bullpen not giving up a single run

Though it may just not be worth going against the best team in the league by a long, long way unless we're getting a pretty nice price. The Rockies up 5-3 late but the Muncy 3-run HR was right around the corner and that just always seems to happen with this LAD team

in other news Webb and McGee hit the IL today with vaccine related symptoms after their second dose

i'm there with you, that shot up the middle which happens to bounce right to Corey off Clayton's glove..mookie grab...I think it was Hallion back there yesterday, probablyu had some taco reservation to get to.

yep, it was hallion, a few the strikes he gave Nelson after Kershaw left were redic. Myers dp prob scores the run if it don’t take the perfect hop off mound Or off Kershaw glove (not sure what it hit before bouncing perfectly to seager to turn the double play! Lol).

it was on my list, too. Glad i didn't play due to the result, but it was a decent bet. Just tip your cap to Kershaw and that bullpen not giving up a single run

Though it may just not be worth going against the best team in the league by a long, long way unless we're getting a pretty nice price. The Rockies up 5-3 late but the Muncy 3-run HR was right around the corner and that just always seems to happen with this LAD team

yea, I don’t see myself betting against them again anytime soon. Im sure pads will find a way to win today just to rub little more salt, lol.

I played it, and at +106, with how Yu has been tossing felt it was the closest thing to "value" up against Kershaw and the Doyers

yep, it was hallion, a few the strikes he gave Nelson after Kershaw left were redic. Myers dp prob scores the run if it don’t take the perfect hop off mound Or off Kershaw glove (not sure what it hit before bouncing perfectly to seager to turn the double play! Lol).
hit the mound and his glove has he went to grab it but didn't take a real deflection left or right, just went right through which tells me it touched the very end of the glove

I played it, and at +106, with how Yu has been tossing felt it was the closest thing to "value" up against Kershaw and the Doyers

I was almost glad turner hit that hr in 9th. Had it ended 1-0 id be even more sick over it. Lol

I was almost glad turner hit that hr in 9th. Had it ended 1-0 id be even more sick over it. Lol
agree, I was saying similar things...losing to the doyers out hitting them and all coming down to the walk...then your hopes got up I bet with the 2 on and all you needed was a single...then that gapper that probably is only caught by 3-5 players in this league and one of them happened to be there

agree, I was saying similar things...losing to the doyers out hitting them and all coming down to the walk...then your hopes got up I bet with the 2 on and all you needed was a single...then that gapper that probably is only caught by 3-5 players in this league and one of them happened to be there

yea, I mean realistically I wasn’t happy bout the turner blast cause made the comeback even tougher as I was still holding out hope! After the fact I feel better he hit it tho. I thought for sure it was tied right off pham’s bat! Then I thought it short hopped mookie til replay. I was watching in bed and my old lady was not happy that she got some up by 1st a cheer of happiness followed abruptly by me punching the bed and cussing! Lol

not only was it a great play but he just happened to be shaded just enough to that side to make the play possible!! So heartbreaking!

yea, I mean realistically I wasn’t happy bout the turner blast cause made the comeback even tougher as I was still holding out hope! After the fact I feel better he hit it tho. I thought for sure it was tied right off pham’s bat! Then I thought it short hopped mookie til replay. I was watching in bed and my old lady was not happy that she got some up by 1st a cheer of happiness followed abruptly by me punching the bed and cussing! Lol

not only was it a great play but he just happened to be shaded just enough to that side to make the play possible!! So heartbreaking!
<iframe src="Batman Clap GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="280" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Once again Gant avoids a walk hurting him. This charmed life he living gonna come to a end at some point!

Ray used to be a cash cow, but you can't defend a walk

Biggio not in the lineup, bullpen is now Phelps/Borucki > Dolis and Robbie's not going 6 so i'm not sure who fills in there. Don't like Singer, but Staumont/Barlow/Holland looks a lot better late

Biggio not in the lineup, bullpen is now Phelps/Borucki > Dolis and Robbie's not going 6 so i'm not sure who fills in there. Don't like Singer, but Staumont/Barlow/Holland looks a lot better late

nothing pisses me off more than walking guys. I rather they serve up a bp fastball and put it on the hitter, you would get way more outs that way than giving out free passes! Obviously there exceptions where ya better off not giving in to a guy and facing the next. When bases loaded aint the time!!!

He’s slowly coming back one of the reasons he said he re-signed was cause the team has helped him get back to his old mechanics and pitching mentality. His first start was meh off an elbow bruise, spring can’t be ignored even if it’s only ST. You're not wrong, the depth in the pen is lacking right now; Biggio loss isn't that big per se (could see him being traded in the future), especially if Espinal is playing good D at third... Biggio wasn't exaclty lighting it up; Semien, Bo, Vladdy should be able to carry the load here

Back