Sunday Discussion Thread

Ray's fastball command looks off; could be bad, that's what matters the most for him

Lol trust me, I spent years making excuses for him until I simply couldn't anymore
not really making an excuse, I think for him the fastball sets up his other pitches hitting 95 with ease. When his command has been on while in his short time here he's been more than just serviceable. That said it's still more off than on. I will hold out on a low risk high reward contract..also keeps Tanner out of the lineup

Reactions: KJ
not really making an excuse, I think for him the fastball sets up his other pitches hitting 95 with ease. When his command has been on while in his short time here he's been more than just serviceable. That said it's still more off than on. I will hold out on a low risk high reward contract..also keeps Tanner out of the lineup
It became a thing that when he was good, he was a great strikeout pitcher. But as it settled, that was so inconsistent and even when he's on he's throwing a ton of pitches and not like the Snakes have ever had the kind of bullpen that can handle a starter only going 5 innings, and 6 innings was considered a gift. His PC just gets so high so fast.

Unreal, somehow Gant gets around 5 more walks in 5 innings only surrendering 2 runs. Could really use a bigger cushion!

It became a thing that when he was good, he was a great strikeout pitcher. But as it settled, that was so inconsistent and even when he's on he's throwing a ton of pitches and not like the Snakes have ever had the kind of bullpen that can handle a starter only going 5 innings, and 6 innings was considered a gift. His PC just gets so high so fast.
Yep, definitely remember this in his time in AZ; luckily for him, maybe not today, our pen has set up well when healthy..Looks like Romano and Chatwood are due back this week with Merryweather and Hatch still uncertain

he def better than serviceable when he has command, he capable of being flat out filthy. Problem is he has never been able to consistently have control. He the worst kind of pitcher, has the ability that sucks ya in but he all over the place with command more times than not.

he def better than serviceable when he has command, he capable of being flat out filthy. Problem is he has never been able to consistently have control. He the worst kind of pitcher, has the ability that sucks ya in but he all over the place with command more times than not.
It seriously wore me out having this discussion with fans because while I was trying to make points, theirs were pretty valid too.

It seriously wore me out having this discussion with fans because while I was trying to make points, theirs were pretty valid too.

I pretty much gave up on him a few years back, it be pretty shocking if he puts it all together at this point but I guess stranger things have happened. He hasn’t walked less than 4 per 9 since ‘17! So far this year his k’s way down with walks still being there.

I pretty much gave up on him a few years back, it be pretty shocking if he puts it all together at this point but I guess stranger things have happened. He hasn’t walked less than 4 per 9 since ‘17! So far this year his k’s way down with walks still being there.
Think we see a pretty down year in k's around the league with so much time off last year, the arm strength it takes to throw gas is insane and not meant for basically a year off for these guys (outside the random Japanese arm apparently)

Think we see a pretty down year in k's around the league with so much time off last year, the arm strength it takes to throw gas is insane and not meant for basically a year off for these guys (outside the random Japanese arm apparently)

oddly enough the average velo around the league higher than it ever been in April before.

So as expected Nola dominating cards lineup. Cards don’t hit scrubs a day after hanging 9, knew there was almost no chance they would hit Nola. Problem is phils yet another team to let Gant off the hook despite walking 5!! Feel like a solo shot by cards to screw the rl almost inevitable! Lol

oddly enough the average velo around the league higher than it ever been in April before.
Question will be how sustainable it is though. At our ages we've taken time off from beer leagues and felt like a rock star coming back...then a couple weeks later, jello lol. It's the fatigue that could make overs pretty important down the road, you simply can't replicate arm strength for 6 months.

Question will be how sustainable it is though. At our ages we've taken time off from beer leagues and felt like a rock star coming back...then a couple weeks later, jello lol. It's the fatigue that could make overs pretty important down the road, you simply can't replicate arm strength for 6 months.

yea I dunno. Most years the average velo ramps up higher each month till bout July then plateau’s. Hard to say what will happen this year cause I think there merit to what you saying. Or could be most guys simply benefit from throwing way less innings last year.

Jesus. Ray has already walked 4 in 2 innings! Lol. Even worse is kc hasn’t been able to turn them into anything.

Sorry kj, just realized you are on over. Any other time I’d be right there with you. I’ve just got to point I pass on most my over leans cause this always happens. It’s insane there not any runs in this game yet! Ray not even missing many bats.

Phils gonna leave Nola in too long instead of trusting pen. We don’t have any leeway like we did on Friday you fuckers!

Sorry kj, just realized you are on over. Any other time I’d be right there with you. I’ve just got to point I pass on most my over leans cause this always happens. It’s insane there not any runs in this game yet! Ray not even missing many bats.
Well can't do anything more than project and not like I could have asked for much more other than a couple clutch hits

Well can't do anything more than project and not like I could have asked for much more other than a couple clutch hits

absolutely nothing ya can do bout this, was obviously the right play. No damn way there should be this many baserunners every damn inning and no runs to show for it!

What’s going on with the twins now? Havnt played all weekend and now 2marro game postponed already. They have a covid outbreak?

Back