Stretch Run Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
down to the nitty gritty now...

We have playoff races, seeding implications and tanking

Read somewhere that the Knicks are guaranteed with worse record even if they win 3 more games to tied for worse record in team history........will they get their wins? I’m liking over with the Bulls tonight. It seems a majority of the Knicks games where they have lead at half or after 1 quarter, their offense shits the bed and ended up not covering the full game lines......

So, BAR, you’re the Pistons guy — should I sell the wife’s car and put the money down on the Pacers at -5.5?

Boston over 212.5
Measure of how screwed up NBA is this has not been hit hard
Refs 35-21 over 205
29-26 over
26-17 fits team trends

Now for 2 units
when I looked at ref team histories with these teams huge percentage of overs
Goble with these teams
9-1 over Miami
Boston 8-2

Last edited:
I guess Iwas hoping the Pacers would have everybody but Oladipo ready to play, and BAR would report that the Pistons have been weeping inconsolably in front of their lockers ever since they found out Griffin isn’t playing, and I would then bet and win multiple units on the Pacers. Can’t always get what you want...

Anyone got a good reason why players are going over top of screens so much now and trailing the player off the screen which pretty much turns into a 2 on 1 in today nba defence since no one rotates down. I get you don’t want him just to come off the screen and bury a 3 but it’s almost always a 2 on 1 with a post being the only d. Maybe it doesn’t result in as many easy baskets as I think but doesn’t seem to be an effective strategy. Old nba used to hedge a lot more I feel like. I don’t know, just weird to see but I guess that’s today’s nba

Detroit wins tomorrow, Suns get Utah on a Wednesday tiny chance. Golden State even if they lose has a soft road while Denver very tough. Atlanta very good Tuesday team but too many injuries still very reasonable bet with this huge spread. Atlanta wants game over Spurs under. Sac who knows

Is it just me or is this GS line dangling welcoming Warriors money a bit?

They just won by 50, Denver just lost at home to a bad team, and it’s just staying at 8..not sure how much brave Denver money there really is.

Not just you. I feel dumb because I played multiple units on them last night thinking the spread would get to 10 today. If they are dangling the 8 to sucker people in, they must have some inside information on Warriors team motivation, because if the Warriors want to win by 8, it will happen.

Refs seem to like Kings and GS seems to almost never lose at home. Did not say cover

Early assumption that the world has gone mad in Spurs game backed up by 2 of the refs

Not just you. I feel dumb because I played multiple units on them last night thinking the spread would get to 10 today. If they are dangling the 8 to sucker people in, they must have some inside information on Warriors team motivation, because if the Warriors want to win by 8, it will happen.
Tuesday has been terrrible for GS but we are talking end game.

Locked in Kings 1 unit plus 5
Smaller bet on over
Was offered 5.5 bought .5 for 6 and Houston looking at a major revenge game the next day

Last edited:
Got the over. Misread Kings game,
Atlanta covered easily Teaser of Atlanta and Lakers easy . Lost in baseball but that will end quickly, In the Wednesday battle Detroit is 11-5 and Pacers 0-6. Detroit off a loss is 5-0 and is 11-0 ATS at home

NBA Totals

Nuggs under
Atl over
Heat under
Suns under
Port under
Wiz over

Wiz laying 10. Seems high. Almost gotta play it

Revenge for Washington after they got beat in OT @ Chicago.

There's motivation for Parker, Portis. Playing against a JV NBA team.

Without Butler & Embid you would think the pace could hit 250+ with little resistance from either D.

Knicks got their win, huge game for Magic.

Big over refs in Laker game, Money play probably over in Kings. Currently days of week mean little or nothing to GS and as long as they win the game.. When GS plays Clippers it wili nterest them

Last edited:
Refs in a mood of late. Dubs shook 'em up last week and they're responding with quick whistles.

2 many games have to wait for refs up but ATLANTA and Washington high on the list

Save your money. Washington or nothing and betting against Atlanta as a road dog is mostly a job for idiots

i dont care if orl covers ill throw in in a parlay just need em to W....... no way ill touch washington with confederate money after the squad that was out there for the bulls and Scottie brooks is terrible parker is out and beal portis n co prob wont play 2nd half again

Back