Silky's Diamond Bowls

Silkydiamonds

Imma sip this tea
Welcome back ladies & gents, it's bowl season!!! On 1st glance & with some early work there are more than a few games I feel we have an advantage on. I'll get to those. Right now is such a hard time because bowls are a different animal with sooo much going on. Normally motivation isn't very big in my capping, I'll pay a lil more attention to it around this time. I feel like a fat kid in a bakery right now, all these glorious choices. But the key is restraint & being thorough, so let's do that.

same rules as evere hate, congratulate, postulate, denigrate, appreciate just PARTICIPATE!!!!

good luck silk, look forward to bouncin ideas off each other. Over-exposed myslef last year. don't plan on making the same mistake this year. GL.

Silky....best of luck and I look forward to your analysis. An interesting early bowl to me is The Holiday - Baylor v UCLA. When you can i am interested in your thoughts.

Alright I'm jumping on Utah St -10, I have USU by 15 & unless this goes below 7.5 no better number will show.

im waiting for the +10 to appear again for Nevada & I'm gonna jump that too.

Bones I have it UCLA -2so the side offers little value to me right now & I'm afraid of jumping in front of the Baylor train, even at 79 I like the total. It's the Holiday bowl the over should almost be bet blindly, add 2 amazing offenses 1 shitty defense & 1 almost as shitty defense & this fucker ends like 45-43

Hate to make a panic play but, Nevada line moving the wrong way & kinda fast. Imma take .5u on Nevada +9. Missed 1/2pt anticipating it moving back to 10

also adding WKY-5.5, under a 6 is great value

Did u get my PM?

just don't think a team that gives up 500yds/gm should be laying over a TD to a team that gains 500yds/gm.

With CMich it's like they were sent from central casting for Taggart to show off on in what could be his last game at WKY.

of course there's more substantive reasons I have for Nevada but on the IPhone and can't flesh it out right now. SUCKS to type on IPhone

Zona d is god awful. Small, have no ball recognition, clueless. Nevada just as shitty tho.

You prefer Lark or Nelson?
Ha lol, wish I could get Taysom Hill. Nelson always is a play away from fucking the game up & Lark showed out but against a JV team. Just hoping Mendenhall doesn't ask either to carry the team but puts them in good short 3rd downs to take advantage.

From what I have read it is probably going to be both playing. Not sure if it is just a product of skill set or getting him as many looks as they could against nmsu but Lark threw it like 50 times or something in that game. So might be running a lot with Nelson drives and passing a lot with Lark drives????

Think Mcfadden can check Hoffman at all?

The McFadden/Hoffman matchup is what basically determines if I win or lose. If McFadden puts the brakes on Hoffman the bet is done. But noone has really stopped Hoffman & he steps up especially in big games, ok well except for Boise. Kid had 54rec 646yds (10.8rec/gm 129.2yds/gm) against Utah, Utah St, Oregon St, Notre Dame, GaTech & San Jose St. Outside of 1 stinker vs Boise ALL the big BYU games dude has been a MAN!!

looks like we are seeing most of them alike so far Silky
Congrats on 'another' great season and wish U continued success my friend

The Man. The Magician. The Legend!
Have a great Bowl Season, Sir Silky!! Do work, one bowl game at a time, and when game #35 comes to a close, go get the Silkette something nice with your profits, amigo!!

Nevada +10 vs Arizona

Stat that Stands Out

Thats how many ypg, the Zona Air Defense gives up. Just a fucking staggering number. You wanna know what kinda company that number has?? Only Toledo, Baylor, West Virginia & LaTech give up more. If it were a passing offense itself it would rank #22 in the nation ahead of Miami. To allow that on average over a full 12 game slate indicates either: 1. You have athletes that are NOT Division 1 football players on your defense, 2. You have an awful coordinator, 3. You have kids who dont buy into the system, 4. A HC who doesnt care about defense, 4. A combination of all the above. I dont believe #2 is is correct, Jeff Casteel is a great DC. My thought is its less than Division 1 defensive players & a HC who doesnt care for defense.

On The Ground

Zona is running the vaunted Rich Rod spread and is running the leather off the football. 230ypg, 5,4ypc. Very good numbers indeed!! Kadeem Carey is the Nation's leading rusher at 146.4/gm. He'll get the ball, get it often and go the distance quite a bit. Kid is a legit stud!! Zona has a large sorta veteran athletic OLine, so they are quite solid up there. Running Rich Rod's run first spread with that type of line is SCARY, its downright frightening with THAT RB back there. Simply put RR seeks to make you thin in the areas he wants to attack, and most often thats actually inside. Rich Rod LOVES to bust the big runs up the gut. So he'll spread you out isolate what you want to do & who you want to do it with, then attack it. He'll find that LB you have that has recognition problems, he'll find that DE you have thattakes false steps, he'll find that Safety you have that doesnt like contact. And he will attack them mercilessly! BAD news for Nevada.

Nevada on the other hand runs the ball BETTER than Arizona. Yeah thats right I said BETTER. Some person will say" But Silky they played a shitty schedule and Arizona playe d a tough one". To which I say I dont care if you played a team of old deaf dumb and blind bithces, to avg 260yds/gm on the ground after 12gms you can run the fucking ball. Nevada has the nations 2nd leading rusher Stefphon Jefferson 141.9yds/gm. And this dude is a complete stud as well. A game changer/workhorse. Almost 29att/gm, he'll get it aLOT and he'll be effective with it. Nevada of course runs the Pistol which Chris Ault invented and it allows his teams to do a myriad of things without tipping their hand.

In the Air

Zona puts up damn near 300yds/gm in the air as well. They are just an offensive juggernaut. This is Matt Scott's domain and he is LEGIT!! He's a very talented accurate passer, and he'll make teams pay who pay too much attention to his RB. This aint your father's dink& dunk RR passing offense. They get vertical. RR was known for having a basic route tree & tons of screens. the screens remain but with Scott the route tree has become more professional. You will see some really great route concepts bult off of the run action that Zona uses. Add that Scott is amongst the best passing down passers and Zona's pass Offense is deadly!

Nevada counters with a pretty magical dude themselves, Cody Fajardo.He's just a Soph, but is completing 67% of his passes! WOW!!! That level of accuracy makes it very hard for teams to focus on stopping the run, He'll simply pull the ball from Jefferson's stomachand hit his Receiver crossing behind the attacking linebacker and pick up the 1st. Thats important on both 3rd & passing downs AND obvious running downs. Add that Zona is just plain awful defending the pass and we can begin to see an area that will keep Nevada in this game.

What I See

Zona & Nevada are going to have offensive fireworks. They will both move the ball, they will both also fumble it . Zona may struggle in the RZ as they have done all season. If they do& must kick a couple FGs instead of getting TDs, Nevada will cover. Because as long as Zona cant play pass defense & must contain Jefferson, the big play is ALWAYS there.There will be at various times 10-17pt leads by either team. In the end though I think Nevada actually pulls out a screamer.......

Nevada 38 Arizona 37

Silky: Let me thank you today and for all the Bowl season. Best of luck to you :shake:

Pissing Champagne and pooping diamonds and gems. Good call on Nevada. They dominated in defeat. Utah State found a way.

I have some fear for the pac12 going forward. That is the worst Nevada team in a long time.

Was with ya on Nevada bro! Wish I would've tailed you on Utah State, but I stayed away. I just didn't have the balls to lay that many. Congrats on the 2-0 start homie!

I hate to be against you on anythin, especially with you wreckin shit all year, but I'm such a damn homer I simply can't resist my boys catchin a FG at home vs the Cougs.

Having said that, BOL this Bowl Season bro! BYU @ SDSU will probably be the only game I'm against you on from here on out.

Pissing Champagne and pooping diamonds and gems. Good call on Nevada. They dominated in defeat. Utah State found a way.

I have some fear for the pac12 going forward. That is the worst Nevada team in a long time.

Thanks bro, much like the teams that play the games though. You can only enjoy it for a little while then move on lol. I think you have a very valid point on the Pac 12, something that definitely bear watching. Perhaps we should do some more PM chat?

Was with ya on Nevada bro! Wish I would've tailed you on Utah State, but I stayed away. I just didn't have the balls to lay that many. Congrats on the 2-0 start homie!

I hate to be against you on anythin, especially with you wreckin shit all year, but I'm such a damn homer I simply can't resist my boys catchin a FG at home vs the Cougs.

Having said that, BOL this Bowl Season bro! BYU @ SDSU will probably be the only game I'm against you on from here on out.

Not a problem bro. I could be wayyy off on the BYU game. That HFA advantage could really be huge if this is the tight game I foresee. Nothing could be worse for me than SdSt with the ball late & a shot to win with a FG. Either way we're gonna have a great bowl season bro!
Silky: Let me thank you today and for all the Bowl season. Best of luck to you :shake:

Bones, glad you're along for the ride!! Best of luck to ALL of us, lets get this money

silky gl my brother this weekend

Glad to see you back posting D8

GL Silkster

Thanks and Best of luck to you as well Marlo

Good stuff, GL buddy.

:shake:

Thanks Steed, and I wanna thank you for all the work you do to keep this place running. Thank you

The Man. The Magician. The Legend!
Have a great Bowl Season, Sir Silky!! Do work, one bowl game at a time, and when game #35 comes to a close, go get the Silkette something nice with your profits, amigo!!
This thread is ALWAYS better when Smails makes an appearance :D. Best of luck to you this bowl season bro

looks like we are seeing most of them alike so far Silky
Congrats on 'another' great season and wish U continued success my friend

My main man, we're off to a great start. Time to keep it moving

Alright gonna keep a running tally on this bowl season:

12/9-12/15: 2-0 +2.5u

Overall: 92-54-1 63% | 66-31 68% Heater | 10-1 90.9% L11

Adding: Ball St +7.5 -120

Silk - nice call on the Wolfpack on Sat. I was away for most of the weekend but saw your post about Ball St in my thread. Talk to me there, cause UCF is shaping up to be a big play for me here and I'm curious what you see on the other side. I can't argue with Ball's ATS record, but digging thorugh the matchups, I really like the way the Knights stack up against them. What am I missing?

Alright Silk - when you get done arguing with Red about guns and shit, get back to important shit like answering the bell on what you see on Ballsack St tomorrow night. I'm ready to drop loads on UCF but want to hear the other side of the coin before doing it.... Gimmie some...

I'm still in silks doghouse for being pissed Obama interrupted snf.

Good shit lord Alfred.

You will be fine Hunt... Silk don't hold grudges ( at least I hope not haha ). nice work again Silk

He will be glad to know I have a future on Rg3s to win it. Lol. Silky knows I love him.

You will be fine Hunt... Silk don't hold grudges ( at least I hope not haha ). nice work again Silk

This lol, I may disagree sometimes with people even vehemently, but Yall my guys. We should disagree sometimes that shows we really do bond. But yeah I dont hold any grudges. And thanks VK, you doing some damned good work too. Wonder when we'll PM pow wow again.

He will be glad to know I have a future on Rg3s to win it. Lol. Silky knows I love him.

Hunt Now you know, my dawg. Aint nobody worried bout that stuff.

I'm still in silks doghouse for being pissed Obama interrupted snf.

Good shit lord Alfred.

See above lol, aint no doghouse bro, you like my white brother over the internet. And Gurv is my Jewish brother :D

Alright Silk - when you get done arguing with Red about guns and shit, get back to important shit like answering the bell on what you see on Ballsack St tomorrow night. I'm ready to drop loads on UCF but want to hear the other side of the coin before doing it.... Gimmie some...

Just put some thoughts in your thread.

great start Silk

Thanks Teed, gonna keep my nose to the grindstone and hopefully keep spitting out winners.

Good call on BYU Silkyy...you were so right bro
Ehh, game WAS going how I anticipated then I received a gift from the Gambling gods lol

Silky gl this week
You too Bro, keep killing it

Nice start Silky, keep it rolling.

My man Tim, I appreciate it bro.

Good work and Good luck going forward Silky

Dwight what's cracking bro? Thanks for the love , hopefully see you in the ingame Saturday

Back