SEC Postseason Thread

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
No reason to make a thread for one game really, so will add bowls here and any commentary looking back at the regular season and what the future looks like for some teams.

SEC Championship PR line:

Alabama -19.5

Other championship games PR lines:

W Mich -15 vs Ohio
Washington -3 vs Colorado
Clemson -9.5 vs VT
Penn St -1 vs Wisconsin
OU -9.5 vs OSU

Week 1: 6-3
Week 2: 1-1
Week 3: 11-5
Week 4: 6-13
Week 5: 6-3
Week 6: 10-3
Week 7: 11-10
Week 8: 8-8
Week 9: 6-6
Week 10: 9-9
Week 11: 18-4
Week 12: 16-8

Week 13: 8-7
Week 14: 11-4
Overall: 128-84 (60.38%)

Been a good regular season. Hoping to have a strong week here and into bowl season which is usually profitable for me.

Friday:Western Michigan/Ohio (Friday 7:00 Ford Field (Dome)) WMU -21/53.5
WMU winners of past past two in '14 and '15 42-21 and 49-14. WMU ran for 430 in that game - 401 in 2H! WMU scored 38 in every conf game (prior to Toledo) and avg score has been 44-16 (prior to Toledo). Everything on line for WMU here as they try for the G5 bid. Ohio rush defense is outstanding but they are very vulnerable through the air. WMU super balanced offensively and Ohio doesn't have a single guy that has a chance of covering Corey Davis outside. WMU defensive numbers are better than they actually are - they are no good in the interior of the DL and can really get bullied there but that prob won't show up as much until they play the bowl game. Ohio offense is really just no good at all and they just don't have the firepower to hang here - avg MAC score 22- 19 (prior to Akron) and they haven't allowed anyone to score 30. Ohio just has no explosive players on offense and I tend to think Solich tries to really ugly this one up and slow things down. Even with this being played indoors on fast track, I think under is the way to attack it. If I could get a total at 60 I would go under but that is almost certainly wishful thinking. Not in my DNA to lay the big number but unless they are just way out of sync I don't think Ohio can hang.

Washington/Colorado (Friday 9:00 Santa Clara, CA) Wash -6.5/55
Wash avg PAC score 43-21 - only held to less than 31 once (USC) and have let just about everybody get 20 but nobody 30. Colorado avg PAC score 33-17 (Both scores prior to final games in conf). Col hasn't anyone to get past 24 since September and the better defenses have limited them to closer to 20 on offense. Washington has some injuries on defense that they aren't able to fully overcome as they aren't at that level from depth standpoint yet. Both teams very hard to move it on but prefer Colorado defense at the moment and prefer Washington offense. Like both QB here, kinda think Sefo's mobility could be an X-Factor but loks like he was pretty poor against Utes last week. This is Colorado's shot to do it with all the seniors they have, particularly on defense. I have Wash future to win PAC at +315 so may just root for that - nice price for a team I have favored in game. Another game where I would lean/look under if I were to see something in 60's but game should be totaled appropriately Wash WR against these Buffs DB are going to be a really fun matchup to watch - two excellent groups.. I bet Under 60

Saturday:
Temple @ Navy (Sat Noon) Navy +5.5/54
Temple already seen option twice - Army in the opener (13-28 loss) and Tulane recently (31-0 win). Navy with Army game on deck. Temple has only allowed 30+ points twice this year (Penn St and USF) and have held 7 opponents to 20 or less. Temple avg 32 per game and have nice balance - they are a FAR superior defense to Navy who has a truly abysmal defense. Slight offensive edge to Navy but really like the way Temple just shut down Tulane and having read what Rhule has said about their option prep. This will be one of the fewest plays run in any game this season - two turtles head buttin'. I really like Temple in this game and would have a lean to under if this is totaled anything close to where Navy has gotten totaled recently but may add just the Navy TT under unless this thing is just nuts. Navy hasn't seen a decent defense since Houston and even then Orlando's defense hasn't shown the ability to stop the option in several tries. The most comparable front 7 to what Temple will present is Tulane way back in September who held Navy to 21. This just sets up so beautifully for dog and under - def prefer Temple side and maybe a Navy TT Under. Navy is going to be super popular I think but I really love Temple here as a dog, esp if I can get the insurance of a FG or more. I don't love this Temple team and I typically am quick to back option teams but without speaking too negatively of an academy team I'll just say my opinion of them as a football team is not high. I'm actually surprised how excited I am about the prospect of Temple here - huge coaching edge to whichever opponent Navy is playing each week. I bet Temple +3.5 -120 and will likely add ML and Navy TT under if I get the prices I want.

La Tech @ WKU (Sat Noon) WKU -5/74.5
Two teams met earlier in year - LT winners 55-52 - 200 yards on ground and 800 in air that game (7.5-5.8 ypp edge for LT and +2 in TO). Both teams were ruthlessly efficient and enjoyed incredible field position which certainly was a huge contributor to there being 107 points scored on a relatively avg paced 149 play game. Speaking of pace, both teams very average but have outstanding offenses and skill players that are just a cut above anything any defense in the C-USA can match up against. LT was a 2.5 pt home dog and the total was 69. LT is just a big play machine on offense and both teams struggle to defend the pass - LT highest ypp offense in country. Total is going to be super high and it prob should be - my total will almost certainly be lower than what is released but I'm not going to pickle the beast here unless it's in the mid 80's and even then I don't know - I don't have high comfort level with these teams and the game just looks super volatile which I suppose is intriguing with a potential 2 score dog.

Ok State/Oklahoma (Sat 12:30) Oklahoma -6/76
Sooners 3-2 last 5 in Bedlam (Avg score 37-35 (state)) Sooners have arguably the best offense in the country and certainly one of the worst. Ok State offense not as good as Sooners but defense is lot better, in my opinion. Sooners better in run defense and that isn't where the Pokes will attack they are going to be throwing it a ton and Sooners have more balance on offense and I think the rush defense for the Pokes is a vulnerability and while their pass numbers are poor the adjusted numbers have them as a decent group - I don't really know I make ity a point not to watch this conference very much. Pokes scored 31+ in past 7 and Sooners past 8. I would say that Sooners are a pretty good bet to get to 40 although Pokes have only allowed TT to get to that number. At the very minimum I think Ok State is held to 28 and that would be extremely surprising to me - I figure they get 35 more of then than not. Sooners likely to be right around a TD favorite and that feels right to me - mild interest in Pokes getting two scores here but I prefer not to bet much B12. Line was crazy, took Oklahoma State +14 -120.

Alabama/Florida (Sat 4:00 GA Dome) Bama -24/44
Florida up against same issue as they were in this game last year - how do they score? Last year UF was 0-11 on 3rd down, had 7 first downs, 180 yards, had the ball for 16 minutes to Bama's 44, had 3 totals yards combined the 2nd and 3rd quarter and scored on an 85 yard punt return and a 46 yard pass. It was a 29-15 final and Bama was -17 with a total of 38. Florida is just so beat up on both sides I think they are in trouble here again. Looks like 10 or less is likely for UF here so how much can Bama do? I would say 30 looks about right with the thought being that the defense helps the cause here with some short fields - could be less though even though Bama usually gets there and averages 40+ Bama got 30 and slept walked through a half against Auburn last week. FSU absolutely demoralized Florida last week and the Gators were extremely fortunate to only lose by 18 and not 30. Bama played a terrible football game against Auburn and still beat them by 18 - Auburn offensive output seems about what I expect from Florida although the UF offense is prob slightly worse even than a Franklin/Johnson led Aub offense. If UF was healthy they could prob compete some but this just seems like a game where Bama wears them down and run away late. Bama hasn't seen many good defenses this year - LSU, Auburn and UTC who held them to 10, 30 and 31 and less than 350 yards (502 v Aub). At one point Auburn had 1 first down, 17 yards and 9 points - think Gators will need similar luck to compete. Bama winners of past 5 (Avg score 34-13). I'm not laying it. 34-9 type game. I'll be there and Bama is undefeated SU and ATS since '09 in championship games while I'm in attendance!

SDSU @ Wyoming (Sat 7:45) Wyoming PICK/62
Teams played couple weeks ago in Laramie and Wyoming won 34-33 as a +10 dog and it went over the total of 54. SDSU scored 33 and 20 of those came on an opening play 93 yard KO return TD, 92 yard KO return TD and a tipped ball hail mary as time expired before missing the 2 pt conversion. Wyo had a 29-17 FD edge, 487-389 yardage edge but SDSU 6.7-5.8 ypp edge (58 plays versus 84) Pumphrey was bottled up 17 for 76 at 4.5 ypc with a long of 24. SDSU has done a really nice job of crushing the bad teams they have played and have come back down to earth past two weeks with the loss to Wyoming and most recently losing 63-31 at home to Colorado State in a deceptively high scoring game. Pumphrey was bottled up again with 18 for 53. Pumphrey is chasing some records here the next couple games and will no doubt be motivated coming off back to back season lows - Wyoming has shown they will let teams run on them although they did a great job against the Aztecs last game. They couldn't stop the option last week as the Lobos ran 46 for 568 and 7 TD! Wyoming undefeated at home this season and they already showed on the field they matchup well with SDSU and can beat them. That game was played middle of afternoon with temperatures right around 50 and little wind. Couple weeks later and now the forecast looks like the high at game time will be 25 and most of the game played in the teens - less than ideal for a team from San Diego and adds to the challenge of the elevation. This game really looks like a toss up to me - SDSU will of course be the favorite but I think it's clear the line last game was really poor between -7.5 and -10. If I can get 7 or better again I'll take Wyoming. I bet Wyoming +7 -105.

Wisconsin/Penn State (Sat 8:00 Lucas Oil -Indianapolis (Dome)) Penn State -1/47.5
Here is the question - do I buy the Wisconsin offense is actually good now? No, I don't think I do. Really like their defense but I don't like the offense at all, especially as it looks like Hornibrook isn't very likely to play after rewatching the hit he took and seeing how teams are handling concussion protocols. Houston has split reps with him but from the bits I've watched of them he is the lesser of the two options. Barkley also questionable with an ankle for PSU but I'm more optimistic he will play - his effectiveness I don't know. Wisconsin is a fairly known quantity that isn't super volatile but Penn State a team with a ton of potential upside but the offense relies a lot on big plays and Wisconsin is pretty sound fundamentally and seemingly emotionally - they rarely are penalized. Penn State much diff team defensively once healthy down the stretch and also offense exploded once McSorley started using his wheels and Moorehead offense clicked and they just turned into a really good team. Offensive edge huge to PSU and defensive edge to Badgers. Penn St is one of if not the best 2H team in country their adjustments at the break have been outstanding. ST edge to PSU. I can't see either team getting to 30, certainly not Wisky, and I see it as a lot more likely the winner may only need 20ish. PSU 37-21 avg B1G score and Wisky 28-14. I have Penn St to win B1G at +320 and I'll just let that ride unless this total is crazy which it likely won't be.

Clemson/VT (Sat 8:00 Orlando) Clemson -6.5/60.5
VT avg ACC score 31-20 and Clemson 37-20. Clemson has payed in 6 one poss games and VT 3 with losses by 21 to Tenn, 14 to Cuse and 10 to GT (Adj margins -7.8, -4, +.7 in losses and three others wins were adj losses by -3.5 pitt, -2.3 duke, -1.2 ND - they have overachieved by roughly one game) Foster defenses not at their best defending mobile QB's and they will see one here. Clemson is just a better, deeper team that has tons of big game experience and they tend to play really well when dialed in for a big game here as I imagine they will be - they certainly showed me for the first time all season last week what they are capable of in their dismantling of USCe. I do think Evans will present problems for the Clemson defense and I do have lot of faith in Fuente to have a good plan - I just think they are in over their heads here to be very likely to get a SU win. I imagine Clemson is going to be at least -7 and could be as high as -10.5. At 10.5 I'd take the Hokies but at 7 I'm not near as interested. Could be some pace in this game and a low 50's total that I'd go over. Def would prefer to go the total route but I'm not opposed to both a dog and over but will need 10+ and a total of 56 or less to jump in - I'll prob get both. I bet Over 55.5

SEC/ACC:
Clemson/VT Over 55.5
SEC - longest TD Over 37.5 yards (small)
Bo Scarborough Over 36.5 rushing yards -120

Other:
Ohio/Western Michigan Under 31.5 1H
Washington/Colorado Under 60
Temple +3.5 -120
Oklahoma State +14 -120
ULL/ULM Under 28.5 1H
Wyoming +7 -105
San Diego State -4 -115 2H
UT Chattanooga/Sam Houston State Under 74.5
Richmond/North Dakota Under 58
North Dakota +8
Central Arkansas/Eastern Washington Over 61.5
Penn State PK -105 2H

Last edited:
We probably saw the beginning of the end of the Freeze era in Oxford on Saturday. I would be interested to see some numbers on how many coaches in the modern era have gone on to have 7 plus win seasons after having a losing season. Patterson comes to mind, but I can't think of any others. The defensive coordinator hire will be huge, but I doubt that anyone is going to be able to turn things around on D quickly. The recruiting misses on defense have left the cupboard bare at key positions, and the NCAA is making it difficult to attract any impact players. Barring significant improvement on D, I would expect Ole Miss to look a lot like a Big 12 team next year.

We probably saw the beginning of the end of the Freeze era in Oxford on Saturday. I would be interested to see some numbers on how many coaches in the modern era have gone on to have 7 plus win seasons after having a losing season. Patterson comes to mind, but I can't think of any others. The defensive coordinator hire will be huge, but I doubt that anyone is going to be able to turn things around on D quickly. The recruiting misses on defense have left the cupboard bare at key positions, and the NCAA is making it difficult to attract any impact players. Barring significant improvement on D, I would expect Ole Miss to look a lot like a Big 12 team next year.

I'm sure this season had to be aggravating as a fan. This team had the pieces in place at the beginning of the year to be a very good football team and at times it flashed this season. Ultimately, I think the key injuries and lack of depth on defense were the undoing, IMO. I love your WR's but these past two weeks the drops were absurd - I was hyper sensitive to them also with an over ticket in both. Nearly lost both bets on their drops but got lucky late, twice. Very interested to see who the DC hire is as well.

Good thing for Freeze if he is gone is he'll have plenty of time with family and to vacation this summer.

Richt did it at Georgia..6-7 2010 then won back to back SEC East and DD wins 2011 and 2012. Pinkel also did it at Mizzou, but that losing year was when they first joined SEC which may be explainable. If you mean losing season as in like 4/5 wins...Paterno did it so did Ferentz at Iowa, Fitzgerald at Northwestern. I'm sure there are more. All of those coaches obviously had alot of stability and a long leash.

Richt did it at Georgia..6-7 2010 then won back to back SEC East and DD wins 2011 and 2012. Pinkel also did it at Mizzou, but that losing year was when they first joined SEC which may be explainable. If you mean losing season as in like 4/5 wins...Paterno did it so did Ferentz at Iowa, Fitzgerald at Northwestern. I'm sure there are more. All of those coaches obviously had alot of stability and a long leash.

And none got hit with potential major NCAA sanctions right after those losing years - which Ole Miss is rumored to be.

Edit** I'm unsure on timing of when that may happen, if it does at all

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: title"]
[TD="bgcolor: #1F3354, colspan: 5, align: left"]COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: label"]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]BOWL[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]DATE[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]LOCATION[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]MATCHUP[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]PREDICTION[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Championship Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Jan. 9[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Tampa, Fla.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]Semifinal winners[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]TBD[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row2"]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Fiesta Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 31[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Glendale, Ariz.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Semifinal[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Clemson vs. Ohio State[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Peach Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 31[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Atlanta, Ga.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]Semifinal[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Alabama vs. Washington[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TD="bgcolor: #1F3354, colspan: 5, align: left"]SELECTION COMMITTEE BOWL GAMES[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Sugar Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Jan. 2[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]New Orleans, La.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]Big 12 vs SEC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Oklahoma vs. Auburn[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Rose Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Jan. 2[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Pasadena, Calif.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Big Ten vs Pac-12[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Wisconsin vs. Colorado[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Cotton Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Arlington, Tex.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]At-large vs. At-large[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]W. Michigan vs. Penn State[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Orange Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 30[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Miami, Fla.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/ND[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Florida State vs. Michigan[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TD="bgcolor: #1F3354, colspan: 5, align: left"]OTHER BOWL GAMES[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Outback Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Tampa, Fla.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]Big Ten vs. SEC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Nebraska vs. LSU[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]TaxSlayer Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 31[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Jacksonville, Fla.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]ACC/Big Ten vs. SEC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]North Carolina vs. Tennessee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Citrus Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 31[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Orlando, Fla.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]ACC/Big Ten vs. SEC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Louisville vs. Florida[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Arizona Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Tucson, Ariz.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]C-USA/Mountain West/Sun Belt[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]New Mexico vs. Idaho[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Music City Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 30[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Nashville, Tenn.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]ACC/Big Ten vs. SEC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Iowa vs. Kentucky[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Sun Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]El Paso, Tex.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]ACC vs. Pac-12[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Georgia Tech vs. Utah[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Liberty Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 30[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Memphis, Tenn.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]Big 12 vs. SEC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]TCU vs. Georgia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Alamo Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 29[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]San Antonio, Tex.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Big 12 vs. Pac-12[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]West Virginia vs. USC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Belk Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 29[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Charlotte, N.C.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]ACC vs. SEC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Miami (FL) vs. Arkansas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Birmingham Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 29[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Birmingham, Ala.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]American vs. SEC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Tulsa vs. Vanderbilt[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Texas Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 28[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Houston, Tex.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]Big 12 vs. SEC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Kansas State vs. Texas A&M[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Foster Farms Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 28[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Santa Clara, Calif.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Big Ten vs. Pac-12[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Indiana vs. Stanford[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Russell Athletic Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 28[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]ACC vs. Big 12[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Virginia Tech vs. Okla. State[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Pinstripe Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 28[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]New York, N.Y.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]ACC vs. Big Ten[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Pittsburgh vs. Northwestern[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Cactus Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 27[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Tempe, Ariz.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]Big 12 vs. Pac-12[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Baylor vs. North Texas+[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Holiday Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 27[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]San Diego, Calif.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Big Ten vs. Pac-12[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Minnesota vs. Wash. State[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Military Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 27[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Annapolis, Md.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]ACC vs. American[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Army+ vs. Houston[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Heart of Dallas Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 27[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Dallas, Tex.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Big Ten vs. C-USA[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Colorado State+ vs. W. Kentucky[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Independence Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 26[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Shreveport, La.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]SEC vs. ACC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]South Carolina vs. N.C. State[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Quick Lane Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 26[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Detroit, Mich.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]ACC vs. Big Ten[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Boston College vs. Maryland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]St. Petersburg Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 26[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]St. Petersburg, Fla.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]American vs ACC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]South Florida vs. Wake Forest[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Hawaii Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 24[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Honolulu, Hawaii[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]C-USA vs. Mountain West[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Louisiana Tech vs. Hawai'i[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Dollar General Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 23[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Mobile, Ala.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]MAC vs. Sun Belt[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Ohio vs. Troy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Armed Forces Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 23[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Fort Worth, Tex.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Big 12 vs. Navy[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Miss. State+ vs. Navy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Bahamas Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 23[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Nassau, Bahamas[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]C-USA vs. MAC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Old Dominion* vs. Miami (OH)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Idaho Potato Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 22[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Boise, Idaho[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]MAC vs. Mountain West[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Toledo vs. Boise State[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Poinsettia Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 21[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]San Diego, Calif.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]Mountain West vs. BYU[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Wyoming vs. BYU*[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Boca Raton Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 20[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Boca Raton, Fla.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]American vs. C-USA[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Memphis vs. Southern Mississippi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Miami Beach Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 19[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Miami, Fla.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]American vs. MAC[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]Temple vs. C. Michigan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]New Orleans Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Dec. 17[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]New Orleans, La.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Mountain West vs. Sun Belt[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Middle Tenn. vs. UL Lafayette[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Cure Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 17[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]American vs. Sun Belt[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]UCF vs. South Alabama[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Camellia Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Montgomery, Ala.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]MAC vs. Sun Belt[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Eastern Michigan vs. Ark. State[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Las Vegas Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]Dec. 17[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, align: left"]Las Vegas, Nev.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, align: left"]Mountain West vs. Pac-12[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, align: left"]San Diego State vs. Appalachian State+[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]New Mexico Bowl[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Albuquerque, N.M.[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]C-USA vs. Mountain West[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, bgcolor: #EBEBEB, align: left"]Texas-San Antonio vs. Air Force[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Looks like Old Dominion accepted bid to Bahamas bowl and BYU to Poinsettia. What a bummer of a matchup Bahamas would be in Palm's projection - ODU/Miami OH. This game is usually the most fun of any that is played and an easy over but I'm really hoping it's not MOH that goes cause that isn't one I'd get excited about.

Damn bummer for me. Gamecocks were looking to get Belk Bowl in Charlotte and now we got Independence Bowl in Shreveport against NCSt who we open the season against in 2017.

Last edited:
Damn bummer for me. Gamecocks were looking to get Belk Bowl in Charlotte and now we got Independence Bowl in Shreveport against NCSt who we open the season against in 2017.

Bentley should have nice numbers in that game if weather is okay - I don't like NC St secondary but their pass rush may cause some issues.

Grove - Helfrich just fired at Oregon. Just read Dennis Dodd's 7 candidate list and Mullen was on it. Lazy journalism or you think that could work? I know I sorta joked earlier this year that both he and Freeze were auditioning for it but I gotta say I was a bit surprised but his list as a whole seemed pretty lazy.

I'm guessing that Oregon fans wouldn't find Mullen sexy enough, but I think he could be successful there. I've mentioned this before, but Mullen hates recruiting or at least recruiting in the South. He would play much better in living rooms in that part of the country, and Oregon sells itself to some degree with Nike, the unis, facilities, etc. I think his system could be implemented easily with their existing personnel too. I don't know if Oregon fans understand how difficult it is to be consistently competitive at Mississippi State, and Mullen has done that. However, I think the more likely scenario is that McElwain goes to Oregon and Stricklin and Mullen are reunited at UF.

I'm guessing that Oregon fans wouldn't find Mullen sexy enough, but I think he could be successful there. I've mentioned this before, but Mullen hates recruiting or at least recruiting in the South. He would play much better in living rooms in that part of the country, and Oregon sells itself to some degree with Nike, the unis, facilities, etc. I think his system could be implemented easily with their existing personnel too. I don't know if Oregon fans understand how difficult it is to be consistently competitive at Mississippi State, and Mullen has done that. However, I think the more likely scenario is that McElwain goes to Oregon and Stricklin and Mullen are reunited at UF.

Thanks for the thoughts. If Mac leaves and you have the choice of Mullen or Willie T at Florida, who you go with? That's for anyone else also that has an opinion - curious to hear thoughts.

I think I would go with Taggart, but I'm not sure if Stricklin would agree with me.

I kinda hope Tag stays at USF for one more season - they could be even better next year and are already awesome this year. I really thought Jimbo would go to LSU, Taggart to FSU and Kiffin to USF. Felt like that would have been good moves for everyone.

Great for EMU players

ODUalsoFirstTimeBowlers

What he did at state is unreal. Now, the Dak kid who could only be a tight end at LSU may have had a lil something to do with it, but I think he is a good coach

What he did at state is unreal. Now, the Dak kid who could only be a tight end at LSU may have had a lil something to do with it, but I think he is a good coach

I think he is good too. One thing that kinda went unnoticed this season was him giving a couple assistants more of a say in game plan/playcalling. That happened after the Kentucky game and their offense turned into a Top 10 unit, IMO.

Can't believe I'm gonna say it, but I kinda wonder how he woulda done at LSU....
Hey Twinkie,
your boys are going to take some major steps back with Eddie O. He is not a long term answer, u will be wishing u had Les back by week 5 next yr.

I'm not real up on Auburn, chances they can get Franklin good enough to start the bowl? Or will it be White you think?

Hey Twinkie,
your boys are going to take some major steps back with Eddie O. He is not a long term answer, u will be wishing u had Les back by week 5 next yr.
I can assure you, no matter what happens I will never ever ever ever say I wish we had Les back.

That is a bummer to me too. Would have loved to see LSU/Oklahoma. I'm not real interested in watching Auburn play anybody. First 4 loss SEC team in Sugar since 1991
yep

woulda been an awesome game.....I am sure they would do anything to have that matchup.....cant change the rules

Added the MAC game:

Ohio/Western Michigan Under 31.5 1H

Decided to go 1H as opposed to full game. More feel for me than stats. WMU defense actually worse defensively in 1H but I have such little respect for the Ohio offense I'm hoping it just means they can make a few first downs and chew some clock. Imagine we see some nerves from both teams, particularly WMU who could be playing a little tight early.

Added an FCS game - will prob have at least two more by Sat.

UT Chattanooga/Sam Houston State Under 74.5

Rumor is Dan Mullen and Oregon are meeting....
That would be interesting

Funny enough, Willie Taggart the most recent name per Bruce Feldman. So pretty much just take our convo we discussed them at Florida and replace it with Oregon. I think both would be great there but Willie T is so pipelined in Florida I would hate to see him go so far and not maximize that - although getting some Florida boys out there with the Cali speed would be scary. I hope he stays down south but not in the SECW

Took ULL/ULM Under 28.5 1H

Weather play, primarily. Like it from a matchup standpoint as neither team has much in the way of competent QB play and the ULL front 7 super stout against run and Evans hasn't show the ability yet to throw to beat their relatively poor secondary. ULM defense is trash but hoping the elements help them to stay focused on defending the run game and short/quick pass game of ULL. Rain forecasted 100% for game

Plus I don't want to play that fucker and that offense that early..
At least y'all would catch me in late November lol

I don't want to face option any game. Still have nightmares of Ga Southern rushing for 4 bills on us.

One more FCS for now:

Richmond/North Dakota Under 58

Also made my first bowl season bet:

Ohio State v Clemson +3.5 (must play in semi final or final for action)

Took another FCS: North Dakota +8

This game opened ND -1.5 and totaled 51 and I liked the under and ND at those prices but money came in opposite and I managed to get Under 58 and ND +8 so really happy about that. Too tired to say much right now but Richmond is on their third string QB who burned his RS for their playoff game last week. Richmond relied on the run primarily against a grossly overmatched NC AT&T team. ND is vulnearble defensively against the pass and I'm thinking a freshman making his first road start all the way put in North Dakota isn't the guy that is going to expose that vulnerability. ND only allows 91 rypg at 2.99 ypc and 6 TD's on the season - good for 7th nationally. The Richmond defense is top 5 in pass defense but isn't as good against the run and that is where ND will try to attack them - in turn, keeping a running clock with two slow paced teams. Both teams top 25 scoring defenses, freshman making first start on round, ND at home and had a bye last week. I made this ND -4 and 44.5

been ride or die all year big homie....thanks for all the plays and all of your hard work

:shake2:

been ride or die all year big homie....thanks for all the plays and all of your hard work

:shake2:

Thanks for the support :shake:

Was looking for an angle on the SECCG and put a little fun money on Longest TD Over 37.5 yards. Thought being that Florida is going to need some trickeration or big chunk play to score and has a guy in Callaway that can outrun just about anybody - he housed an 86 yard punt return LY. UF DC Collins is going to blitz like crazy, I think, and leave himself exposed for some big Bama plays whether it's the midfield play action bomb for a 50 yard TD that Kiffin loves or it's a tired defense late that gets gashed for a big one. The SECCG is often higher scoring than it should be and think this is my fav way to attack it

Back