Carolinablue Week 0/1 Plays

Curious if anyone out there consistently uses BAS for cfb as I have never played with them, but open to hearing if you guys think they are worth adding to the rotation this season, as I am going to drop DK after my initial plays clear, as I tend to have a short leash when it comes to being limited.
Paging @HUNT

Appreciate the detail! I made the mistake of giving some of the second tier a shot a while back and I got limited at pretty much all of em and now with DK already limiting me, it is causing me to keep my eyes out for other options.

Not seeing deposit options past crypto at BAS so need to look more into them, as I would be open if they had multiple free options like BM FD and others have. Thanks again for taking the to respond!
Example about these offshore accounts is MyBookie has been down all day. If they never open again, they have our money. BAS acted like they were going to be new and improved. They haven’t done anything improved. They took away a lot of good betting options. Promotional gimmick to make people think they’re improved. Their best promotion is they put real money into your account for the 25% bonus.

Curious if anyone out there consistently uses BAS for cfb as I have never played with them, but open to hearing if you guys think they are worth adding to the rotation this season, as I am going to drop DK after my initial plays clear, as I tend to have a short leash when it comes to being limited.

I use them as my main book, they are basically 5 dimes. Never had an issue with payouts, grading or anything like that except in the past under old management who were probably some of the most influential people in the industry at the time.

Example about these offshore accounts is MyBookie has been down all day. If they never open again, they have our money. BAS acted like they were going to be new and improved. They haven’t done anything improved. They took away a lot of good betting options. Promotional gimmick to make people think they’re improved. Their best promotion is they put real money into your account for the 25% bonus.

Yeah, they made a lot of promises, but they aren't going anywhere. I trust them with my money, the cool thing with them is they will limit you, but if you are a degen like me they'll give your max limits back. I've lost on purpose before just to get the max back for football....and I've lost not on purpose too lol. This is over 20 years basically.

CB is pretty disciplined he'll do great.

Appreciate the detail! I made the mistake of giving some of the second tier a shot a while back and I got limited at pretty much all of em and now with DK already limiting me, it is causing me to keep my eyes out for other options.

Not seeing deposit options past crypto at BAS so need to look more into them, as I would be open if they had multiple free options like BM FD and others have. Thanks again for taking the to respond!

They take credit cards! Talk to their chat, they are usually pretty cool.

Yeah, they made a lot of promises, but they aren't going anywhere. I trust them with my money, the cool thing with them is they will limit you, but if you are a degen like me they'll give your max limits back. I've lost on purpose before just to get the max back for football....and I've lost not on purpose too lol. This is over 20 years basically.

CB is pretty disciplined he'll do great.
The disciplined approach is what I’ll be stressing to myself on every bet. 5% or less of the bankroll is the goal.

The disciplined approach is what I’ll be stressing to myself on every bet. 5% or less of the bankroll is the goal.
Yeah discipline is definitely key to being viable longer term as I stick to 2.5% of starting bankroll as my unit size.

Also, I don’t add to my starting bankroll, which is established well in advance of opening day, so if I was to burn through my bankroll by say December, then my season is over in December, period.

Lastly, I don’t chase, period, and yes I have had more than one of those 2-14 type days when I was tempted to get it back with a bunch of late action, but I had to practice self control and not let emotions (and ego) get the best of mex

Added Pitt -23.5 120 Fanatics

Figured I would grab this one now at Fanatics as most places are already at 24.5 and I expect the line to hit 25 or 26 by kickoff.

Added North Texas +7.5 125 Bet 365

Seeing this one as low as +4.5 110 now, so figured it isn't going to stay at this price for long, so went ahead and took the alternative line for 125 at B365. Great example of the importance of having multiple books at your disposal as I love the fact that I now have access to the US books, so I can deposit one play at a time if I see something interesting, instead having a ton of cash tied up offshore a month in advance of opening day so I wouldn't miss any opening lines.

Current books I am using...FanDuel for most, B365 for a couple, Fanatics for 1 play, DK for a couple, but will be phasing out there if they continue with the limiting. Looking into adding either BM again this season or maybe BAS as I like the flexibility of cc deposits as long as there are no fees involved (looking at you and your 9.75% BOL!), as I am over the whole BTC deposit thing. US books definitely making it easy with the transfer from bank account in a matter of seconds, but wouldn't mind having an offshore in the mix (leaning BM just for the projected FCS opens on Saturday mornings as I assume BAS won't offer that perk).

As always, don't hesitate to fire away with any questions, comments or whatever, as I will be around until Tuesday, then headed to Aruba for a bit, so will be literally offshore for the 8/24 games, but back for the Heels on 8/29.

Saw team totals out at DK so tried to get down on the SMU TT O41.5 125. Made a deposit and proceeded to submit the play and I got limited at $47.97 so I canceled the play as DK is not making it worth my time to bother anymore. Once my Week 0/1 plays clear there, I am just gonna withdraw in full and move on from them.

Saw team totals out at DK so tried to get down on the SMU TT O41.5 125. Made a deposit and proceeded to submit the play and I got limited at $47.97 so I canceled the play as DK is not making it worth my time to bother anymore. Once my Week 0/1 plays clear there, I am just gonna withdraw in full and move on from them.
Good choice.

Simply not a good spot for a bettor like yourself.

Unfortunate.

Added Liberty -36.5 110 FD

This is mainly a play on the fact that Liberty knows they need to pretty much win every game by 50 given the once again soft schedule. Even though style points aren’t supposed to carry much weight, we are still dealing with humans, so 65-10 type scores will make a difference IMO. Thought about the over, but didn’t want to get burned by a 48-7 type game, so thought the spread was the better play. Would probably take this up to 40.5.

Added
8/29 8pm Tulane -26.5 110 FD

This one is more a fade of the SELA defense as I expect the new coach from Troy will want to put on a show opening night and the SELA defense is the right opponent as they lost a ton and won’t get many stops against the Tulane offense. QB is of course a concern but won’t need to do much as they might get 250 on the ground.

Added Liberty -36.5 110 FD

This is mainly a play on the fact that Liberty knows they need to pretty much win every game by 50 given the once again soft schedule. Even though style points aren’t supposed to carry much weight, we are still dealing with humans, so 65-10 type scores will make a difference IMO. Thought about the over, but didn’t want to get burned by a 48-7 type game, so thought the spread was the better play. Would probably take this up to 40.5.
Spot on

Added
8/29 8pm Tulane -26.5 110 FD

This one is more a fade of the SELA defense as I expect the new coach from Troy will want to put on a show opening night and the SELA defense is the right opponent as they lost a ton and won’t get many stops against the Tulane offense. QB is of course a concern but won’t need to do much as they might get 250 on the ground.

Anxiously awaiting @twinkie13 Tulane write-up on the Wave.

SMU line has dropped 2 points today down to 25.5. If it gets to 24 at a reasonable price, I will probably bite…

Last edited:
Wife napping next to me here on the beaches of Aruba (no Teapot, I’m not posting a pic haha), so what better time to fund BM and get a few plays in while drinking a Balashi…

8pm SMU TT o41.5 127 (Bookmaker)

Added 8/24
3:30pm McNeese/Tarleton o58 112 (Bookmaker)

Was expecting 60+ at open so no brainer for me to take the 58. Timing is everything so happened to catch this right at open. Would take it up to 62.5 without hesitation though.

Nice to get the goose egg out of the way early. On the bright side, I didn’t witness any of the carnage live so there’s that. Been doing this long enough to not overreact to any given week, so looking forward to more lines trickling in this week, so I can wrap up the week 1 lineup. Best of luck to you guys this weekend!

Did any of you guys see this from BOL? Definitely interesting as it may hint at them feeling a little heat in terms of competitive action this cfb season but who knows, just thought I would share…

We're excited to announce a special offer to make your deposit experience even smoother!

For a limited time only, we're waiving all processing fees for eCheck payments. That's right, you can enjoy completely fee-free transactions when you choose eCheck as your deposit method.

How to Deposit With eCheck?

By simply entering your bank routing and account numbers, an eCheck allows you to transfer funds directly from your bank to your BetOnline account. It´s similar to a paper check, but it’s electronic, safer, and faster!

Go to the Cashier, select eCheck as your deposit method and make a fee-free deposit today.

Did any of you guys see this from BOL? Definitely interesting as it may hint at them feeling a little heat in terms of competitive action this cfb season but who knows, just thought I would share…

We're excited to announce a special offer to make your deposit experience even smoother!

For a limited time only, we're waiving all processing fees for eCheck payments. That's right, you can enjoy completely fee-free transactions when you choose eCheck as your deposit method.

How to Deposit With eCheck?

By simply entering your bank routing and account numbers, an eCheck allows you to transfer funds directly from your bank to your BetOnline account. It´s similar to a paper check, but it’s electronic, safer, and faster!

Go to the Cashier, select eCheck as your deposit method and make a fee-free deposit today.
BOL is starting to concern me. I saw this too. They’ve also offered me $100 to do an hour interview to give them feedback on their service. They’ve been sending me $10 every week as a VIP member via telegraph? Since when does giving me $10 week need to be done via telegraph?
Im feeling suspicious with what is going on with this book.

BOL is starting to concern me. I saw this too. They’ve also offered me $100 to do an hour interview to give them feedback on their service. They’ve been sending me $10 every week as a VIP member via telegraph? Since when does giving me $10 week need to be done via telegraph?
Im feeling suspicious with what is going on with this book.
Yeah I got the $10 thing to as part of the “vip program”, but eventually just deleted telegraph as I started getting spam messages from random telegraph numbers

Yeah I got the $10 thing to as part of the “vip program”, but eventually just deleted telegraph as I started getting spam messages from random telegraph numbers
The hour interview makes no sense? Almost felt like it was a way for them to capture information off my phone. Landlines might be coming back if privacy is intercepted this easily. My company has spent millions in preventing cyberattacks that are happening daily in the USA and it’s coming from overseas. Why wouldn’t they breach phone information?

The hour interview makes no sense? Almost felt like it was a way for them to capture information off my phone. Landlines might be coming back if privacy is intercepted this easily. My company has spent millions in preventing cyberattacks that are happening daily in the USA and it’s coming from overseas. Why wouldn’t they breach phone information?
Given that BOL charges 9.75% for CC and FD and BM have been releasing before them, they fell off my list for this season, as the competitive advantage just isn’t there like it used to be.

Given that BOL charges 9.75% for CC and FD and BM have been releasing before them, they fell off my list for this season, as the competitive advantage just isn’t there like it used to be.
I’ve been getting $10 a week from them for being a VIP. They’re saying there’s no rollover and no strings attached so if you’re a VIP the weekly cash could help offset the cost of upgrading. Especially since you’re a 1 time deposit player.

I’ve been getting $10 a week from them for being a VIP. They’re saying there’s no rollover and no strings attached so if you’re a VIP the weekly cash could help offset the cost of upgrading. Especially since you’re a 1 time deposit player.
Yeah I got those messages and actually talked to my host but kinda faded on it since it wasn’t recurring every week, so I deleted the telegram app but may add it back and just click once a week to see if it does ends up being weekly.

Yeah I got those messages and actually talked to my host but kinda faded on it since it wasn’t recurring every week, so I deleted the telegram app but may add it back and just click once a week to see if it does ends up being weekly.
WP,

Thanks again for the reminder as I was able to backtrack and collect $31.59 in past vip cash, which isn’t much but hey free is free right haha

Concerning Minny RB Darius Taylor

From TarHeel Wire…

While there are a lot of questions surrounding the Tar Heels entering this game, the biggest question surrounds a star Minnesota player. Running back Darius Taylor reportedly suffered an injury during training camp and there are questions about his status.

A big sign of bad news for Minnesota is that the betting line went from Minnesota being 2.5-point favorites to UNC now being 2.5-point favorites on some books. That’s a four-point swing in a matter of days, something that a team missing a star player could influence.

From PJ Fleck…

“He’s doing great, but we brought in a ton of players for that reason in general. If anybody ever gets banged up, and we got a few bumps and bruises but I’m going to use the same line as we get 10 days before. The injury report will come out two hours before.

Really looking forward to our opener as it will be a great test for our new OL as establishing the run game will be key for both sides, given that fact that we both have game management type guys under center who don’t need to be special, just solid and consistent.

Also looking forward to seeing if we can create some turnovers on defense by getting pressure on their QB leading to bad decisions, as playing against UNC is a lot different than the FCS foes he is used to lining up against. Should be a close one, but I expect us to win by at least three.

I don't think I will get a better line than this, so gonna take a shot on SJSU +1.5 122 (Bookmaker) as the line has dropped too far from the 7.5 for me to hold out any longer. Of course, it could be the wrong side, but my plays are based on value and variance and I considered SJSU a play if it got to -2.5, so will take my chance with the home team here as everyone seems to be calling for the upset at this point.

MINNEAPOLIS — North Carolina’s season-opening game tonight at Minnesota has been delayed due to the forecast for thunderstorms and possible severe weather.

Team officials were in discussions about the matter this afternoon, and have pushed the starting time back an hour. Now, kickoff is scheduled for 9 p.m. Eastern, or 8 p.m. local time here in Minneapolis at Huntington Bank Stadium.

MINNEAPOLIS — North Carolina grinded out a win in a defensive slugfest to open the season, sneaking past Minnesota 19-17 on Thursday night at Huntington Bank Stadium.

Carolina relied on the leg of Noah Burnette, who was a perfect 4-for-4 on field goals, to prevail over the Golden Gophers. Burnette connected on a career-long 52-yard attempt late in the third quarter, before knocking down the eventual game-deciding field goal with less than two minutes remaining. Minnesota kicker Dragan Kesich missed two field goals, a 27-yard chip shot and the potential game-winner as time expired.

UNC mustered up just 252 total yards offense and 105 passing yards, the fewest passing yards in a win for Carolina since 2007. Omarion Hampton led the way with 129 rushing yards on a hefty workload of 30 carries. Jahvaree Ritzie supplied a career-best three sacks, and the Tar Heels tallied five total sacks and seven tackles for loss.

Thank you coach for once again cashing at the end!

PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Howard coach Larry Scott wasn't happy with Rutgerscounterpart Greg Schiano after the Scarlet Knights scored a touchdown on the final play of a 44-7 win on Thursday night.

Scott walked across the field and shook hands with Schiano after the game ended and seemed to say something to the Rutgers coach. Schiano turned around and it was unclear whether he responded.

In his postgame news conference, Scott made it clear he didn't like watching Antwan Raymond score on an 11-yard run as time expired in regulation. He said that's not what he would have done.

When asked what he said to Schiano, he refused to say.

Scott said he didn't know why Schiano did what he did at the end of the game, but he felt it could have been handled differently and was frustrated by what happened.

"I think we're both two competitive people," Scott said. "And in that situation, I would choose to handle it a little bit differently. I can't speak for him. I have a lot of respect for Coach Schiano, what he's done and what he's been able to do. But we're both competitive. And in that situation, you know, just a little bit of frustration came out because I thought it would have been handled differently. But he might as well."

Schiano made no apologies for the way he coached.

"Guys practiced all training camp. They deserve to play," Schiano said. "There was no running it up. If it was running it up, you don't use timeouts when you have the ball. You let the game end. That wasn't retaliatory. We were going to run plays. We bring a team in here to play us. We bring them here. We bring them in, we've got to win and we've got to get reps. And they were there, we took them."

Back