Saratoga 7/22-9/5

Friday pick 5 looks approachable with Pletcher and Chad Brown faves looking tough in races 1 and 3:

7 / 2,5,6,13 / 8 / 2,5,6 / 1,4,9,10

Bombs keep coming in although I haven't paid much attention today. Going to watch the Haskell with a big Nyquist guy and I'm a fan of Exaggerator, another buddy is a fan of Gun Runner for personal reasons. Can't wait for that one.

Nice ride by Johnny V, thought he mighta got too wide there but that horse wasn't losing :beer4:

Ugh been shit but gonna try this race 10

4,7,11 EXB

They're gambler's numbers if nothing else

7/30

R1: I have to use #2 (20-1 ml)....Esler has won 4 of his last 12 with turf sprinters $4.43 ROI, Irad takes the call on this 2YO gelding firster...also using #4, half to G3 stakes winner on turf and I like Ward with 2YO firsters in turf sprints

R2: #6 was a trips and traps horse two back...chased on inside and alter out, ran on and last time was wide on a track that had a rail bias (R+)...now drops to 50 claimers....#5 could be the lone speed and 45% trainer move off claim on dirt with 45+ days rest....#3 is a re-claim that attracts Javy

Man they tried to race-ride the shit out of Flintshire. Looked like Javier jawed at the Ortiz brothers on the way past.

I'll tell you what, if the have an off track at Santa Anita this fall with Exaggerator in the field I may have to bet with both fists at what will probably be a 5-1 or higher price, Chrome, Dortmund and Beholder be damned.

From Nyra.com:

Fields are shaping up for an exceptional third week of racing for the summer Saratoga meet, anchored by the 89th running of the Grade 1, $1.25 million Whitney on Saturday, August 6.

A Breeders' Cup "Win and You're In" qualifier for the Classic, the Whitney looks to draw a stellar cast led by the return of runaway Grade 1 Metropolitan Handicap winner Frosted. Also on tap for the Whitney are multiple graded stakes winners Effinex, victor of the Grade 2 Suburban Handicap last time out; Noble Bird, the 11 ¼-length winner of the Grade 3 Pimlico Special two starts back; Upstart, most recently third in the Met Mile; and El Kabeir, fourth in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster last time out. Suburban runner-up Samraat is possible.
The Whitney will headline a blockbuster day of racing as one of five stakes races on Saturday, August 6. The card will also include the Grade 1, $500,000 Test, Grade 3, $200,000 Fasig-Tipton Waya, $100,000 Fasig-Tipton Lure and $100,000 Fasig-Tipton De La Rose.
For 3-year-old fillies at seven furlongs, the Test is expected to feature a rematch of the top three finishers of the Grade 1 Mother Goose on July 2 in Off the Tracks, Lewis Bay and Lightstream, respectively. Also probable for the Test are 6 ¼-length Jersey Girl winner Kareena, Grade 2 Gulfstream Park Oaks runner-up Paola Queen and Grade 3-placed One True Kiss. Coppa is possible.
Targeting the Waya for fillies and mares 3-and-up at 1 ½ miles on the inner turf are Achnaha, Ball Dancing, Desiree Clary, Queen's Parade, Real Smart, Suffused and Trophee. Evidently, Marypop and Photo Call are possible.
For 4-year-olds and up at 1 1/16 miles on the Mellon grass, the Lure is expected to attract Full Mast, Jay Gatsby, March, Offering Plan andSolemn Tribute.Conquest Typhoon is questionable.
Akatea, All In Fun, Bitty Kitty, Excilly, Lady Lara, Mayla, Robillard, Stormy Victoria and Zindaya are likely for the De La Rose, for fillies and mares 4-and-up at a mile on the inner turf, while Cali Thirty Seven is possible to start.
Kicking off the week's stakes action is the $100,000 Shine Again on Wednesday, featuring a faceoff between graded stakes winners Wavell Avenue, City Girl Hot, and Promise Me Silver. Linda Linda, My Savannah Belle and West Coast Chick also are probable for the seven-furlong Shine Again for fillies and mares 4-and-older. Sweet on Smokey andTheophilia are possible.
Thursday's live racing program will be highlighted by the $100,000 Quick Call for 3-year-old grass sprinters, likely to attract Bust Another,Commend, Don't Be So Salty, Expected Ruler, Tiz Long Gone and Too Discreet.
Also Thursday is the Grade 1, $150,000 A. P. Smithwick Memorial steeplechase.
Grade 3 Pennine Ridge winner Camelot Kitten will look to improve off his fourth-place finish in the Grade 1 Belmont Derby on July 9 in Friday's feature race, the Grade 2, $200,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame at 1 1/16 miles on the grass. Also expected for the Hall of Fame areGiant Run, Holding Gold,Inspector Lynley, Strike Midnight and Unbridled Daddy. Beach Patrol is possible.
For 4-year-olds and up at 1 1/8 miles, the $100,000 Alydar will close out the weekend's stakes on Sunday, expected to attract Honorable Duty,Island Town, Mylute, Touchofstarquality, and Unbridled Juan. Far From Over and Jessica's Star are possible.

Back