Saratoga 7/22-9/5

Hope she can handle the 10 furlongs in the Alabama and I hope they think BIG at the Breeder's Cup. I'm dreaming, but how about this for a Classic field:

California Chrome
Nyquist
Exaggerator
Creator
Beholder
Song Bird
Dortmund
Frosted
Mubtahij
Melatonin
Bradester
Gun Runner

Hope she can handle the 10 furlongs in the Alabama and I hope they think BIG at the Breeder's Cup. I'm dreaming, but how about this for a Classic field:

California Chrome
Nyquist
Exaggerator
Creator
Beholder
Song Bird
Dortmund
Frosted
Mubtahij
Melatonin
Bradester
Gun Runner
Would be a great field

Wish I was related to Ricardo Santana Jr., because that's the only way I would've hit the late Pick 3. Two $40+ winners around Songbird's win.

Still can't get over that Race #9 yesterday.. I have a buddy that religiously plays 1-3-5 at the track (i know, stupid) when he is there.. Yesterday he was not present.

Monday's card looks filled with vulnerable favorites.

Race 1 - Looks like a clear two horse race, with the #2 part of the forward group and the #1 trying to run him down late.

Race 2 - #8 favored despite a series of so-so efforts at the N2L level, although with another class drop today he might finally fit He did break his maiden at a higher level than all but one of these. #2 and #6 are both fast early, but the former has failed by >5 lengths at this level twice already and the latter is coming back from 11 months off, although the trainer is at 23% with long layoffs. #1 (SCR) might be the fastest at this distance but has been off for 2 years, although he's the other horse that won at the straight maiden level. #3 has had 1 good effort in 12 starts that could fit here, but comes out of the sharp work. #7 hasn't come within 7 points of par in his 11 career starts, which in a sprint is a toss for me. The two that seem most logical to me are #4 (SCR) turning back in distance and has a decent past effort at the Spa, and #5 who also turns back and drops back to a level where he lost by only a half length in May.

Race 3 - #3 will be tough in here if he's right, having won going away in a $75k optional claimer in February at Gulfstream for Pletcher. BUT now he curiously is dropped in for a 25k tag after a five month layoff? That stinks. #2 and #4 both look like they can sit just behind the early pace and run past late.

Race 4 - Think the #6 and #9 can both move forward off decent turf sprint debuts and should have the advantage here. #2 might be sneaky here trying turf after a lousy dirt debut. Thinking dime-a-day for that one as a backup.

Race 5 - Typical sequence ending skull buster with maiden claimers going two turns on the turf. Guess the race goes through Chad's #12 dropping to the claiming ranks. #5 is also dropping and his last effort was decent considering the trip. After that there's another four that have past efforts that could win this, but they're 0 for 49 as a group. #7 for Mott also wouldn't have to improve much in his 3rd start to take this.

Welker Undrafted sounds like he's got a CHIP on his shoulder

I'll pull for your 4 tho, 9 has taken the cash apparently

I came up with 1,4,7 in R8 and any one of those three are a likely winner imo but I'll go with my top choice, then spread in doubles

R8: DD #4/2,3,4,6,7

Back