Saratoga 7/22-9/5

Sad to say but last day of the meet tomorrow but after having my most successful Spa meet ever I have plenty of bullets for Ky Downs and the great fall racing that's in store leading up to the Cup.

I have an opinion in 10 out of 11 races tomorrow, no interest in R4 and that's fine as the favorite is the most likely winner of that race.

Get away day 9/5

R1: $12,500 claimer going 6F in the opener, not much confidence in the way I cap these cheaper races as the form is usually unpredictable but at 10-1 ml I'm interested in #6 who returns off layoff and gets a positive outside draw with other speeds to inside...Dylan Davis has made the best of his mounts vs this deep jockey colony...and has back races vs much better

R2: #2 is firster for Moquett that has sharp works for a trainer that won with a 2YO firster the other day...I'm against #8 who was beaten a nose in last but that was a sloppy track and trainer is something like 1 for 60 on this circuit last five years

R3: #3 had early trouble in debut for Pletcher who's not very good with 2YO 1sters in turf routes, expect improvement today

R4: #5 was an impressive debut winner for former Chad Brown assistant but will face winners for first time and will be favorite...#1 looks to be dangerous inside speed for Charlie Baker who's had a tremendous meet

R5: #4 goes 2nd off layoff for Klaravich/Chad/Javy and drops to claiming level after sitting a pretty good trip in last until check,steady in the stretch couldn't get out in the clear and ended up losing his good position....#11 goes off the claim for Linda Rice and she's won with 5 of her last 13 (38%) turf runners at the meet with only two of them being off the board, the red hot Jose Ortiz will ride, was far back in last vs slow pace where the up front runners held then was very wide.

R7 just taking a shot against favorite #4 who could win but is off a win and hasn't been seen, now returns off a layoff and is available for $16k...pass and in R8 #6 looks like the main speed and could wire the field on a turf course that has been playing to speed.

R7 DD #2,5,7,10/6

Casse 2YO firing on all cylinders lately, exits race where 2nd place finisher has been unlucky 2nd b2b races and 3rd place finisher won 2YO stakes at Monmouth yesterday

Back