Saratoga 2017

Spa R10 Win #6
Wide open race, thought #6 would be a bomb 30-1 ml but 10-1 could be a positive (live?)...look at names that pop up in three career races...Inflexibility, Proctor's Ledge (see R8), Durable Goods...could run best race yet today 2nd b's

Money pouring in on Arrogate, I guess they are believing in the Dubai bounce. Bridge jumpers out in the show pool.

Baffert pissed and ran 1-2 lol

That horse looked like he was sleepwalking the whole race

In R3 I like #1 quite a bit today...made up a lot of ground vs good looking winner Durable Goods, 5th place finisher of that race came back to win yesterday's finale

LFG Lloyd!!!

R9 Win #7
:shake: Thanks my man. Don't know if he was going to catch Voodoo Song under any circumstances but the horse apparently bled. Saez said he thought he was going to win coming around the turn and then the horse just had nothing.

:shake: Thanks my man. Don't know if he was going to catch Voodoo Song under any circumstances but the horse apparently bled. Saez said he thought he was going to win coming around the turn and then the horse just had nothing.
Sorry to hear he bled and agree that nobody was catching Voodoo Song, Linda has him razor sharp right now. Are you going on Saturday?

I've been waiting for Smokin Platinum to run back, #4 in today's 5th race... $130k yearling ($7,500 stud fee) seems like a hefty tag for a state bred and this outfit...took serious money in debut in a big ten horse field, opened up 3-1...looked like he was home free in that race before being caught by Aveenu Malcainu (#3) and has posted two solid works since then...maiden is ambitiously spotted in stakes today, very encouraging.

Sucks that Minsky Moment is scratched out of R10
Put him on watch list, was wide on biggest golden rail day of meet (7/31 R++)

The favorite (#2) in today's opener could win but I'll take a small chance against as she's had trouble coming out of the gate in her last two, using two 2nd time starters that are both stretching from turf sprints to turf route, both trainers capable with move (Cox and Mott) #1,#5

I'll play the 1 but what's your take on the rail? They don't seem to hit at all...gotta get outside I'm guessing?

Rail has still been the place to be imo
Thought So Noted was great value at 10-1 if he could get back to his good races, not sure the 5 yo gelding has any gas left in tank

Many tough trips from R6 (#1,#5,#12) and #9 will be a bet against next time since she won because of getting a great trip

Lively bunch....going to track 5am so let's get this done
R1: obvious ones are Chad's and Pletcher #2,5,8...but I'll be different #4 for me, working great at Monmouth and love Breen in 2yo races, this is his top owner
R2: one of toughest races on the card, my five contenders are #1,2,3,5,8....#5 likely biggest price of the five and I like him the best, 15-1 ML and in great form, has run well on Spa lawn...I'm against #9 at short price 1st time vs winners
R3: #7,8,9...#2 is ?....needed #9 in debut and looked like winner after big middle move, #7 is the live bomb at 20-1 ml, great turf breeding

R4: looks to be tons of early speeds and should set it up for #7 (15-1 ml) whom I already liked in this spot, big races on Spa dirt in past, class drop, no chance in last vs R+ S+ dirt sprints track bias

R5: #2 (8-1 ml) off long layoff but trust Mott and good works so no concern for me, races two and three back likely win this

R6: I respect #2 as a fan, but as a bettor feel she gets good trips vs weak fields...she appears to be lone speed on paper but I like #4 who should get a great stalking trip right behind #2

R7:
#2 just ran monster race, 104 Beyer and could be main speed
#7 is dangerous cutback at a price 10-1 ml
#6 new Pletcher, 2nd vs #2 in last, 5yo is on improve it seems

R8:
I'm betting off the pace runners #1,3,9
R9:
I want to be against #10 but looks to be controlling speed
I want to use #6 but can't because of negative projected pace setup
Besides #10, also using #4 who is in great form and should be decent value...two best races have been since blinkers added, only beaten head vs Connect two back

R10:
Using #3,#5
Maybe #7 who is the class here but Aidan O'Brien N.A. shippers have not done well lately
R11:
Using #1,2,10 and maybe a little #11 due to expected price, feel like I'm guessing here as I could make a case for all
R12:
Using #5,1,6 in that order
#5 had no shot in last, broke through gate pre start then never in clear
#2 is in this race to be sent early to set it up for #1 or #5 but #6 could benefit from this by sitting right behind #2 and getting first run ahead of #1 and #5

R13:
Reminds me of R2 where many can win so have to use prices
#9 (20-1 ml) had no chance on dirt in last, two back ran best Beyer at 109-1 vs Rocketry who was most impressive turf winner at meet imo...1st time for tag on turf
#3 (20-1 ml) also 1st tag, also 1st turf race with Lasix and blinkers so could see best race yet
Also using #2,6

Race 2: Decent amount of speed signed on here fr this turf route, I'll be looking for horses coming from off the pace, #5 Kabang steps up in class but seems to be in really good form right now and Lezcano riding as good as anyone on the turf here. #7 don't know what happened in last but willing to toss it here, cuts back in distance and has some tactical speed to sit behind the early speed and get the jump on the deep closers.

Race 3: #2 Chirping stretches out off the debut which he ran like he wanted more ground, #9 Another, just missed in debut for a barn not known for having them up first out, hasn't missed a beat in the morning since.

Race 4: #9 Sticksstatelydude is the class of the race but off a long layoff and cutting back. Pace scenario may be beneficial here though as there is some speed for him to run into and even off layoff should be rolling in the lane late. You can just read Play's notes on my 2nd choice and price play #7

Race 5: #2 off a 2 year layoff is a concern but is also the class in the race. #8 Rays the Bar tired in last off the long layoff and has been gelded since and with the one race under him and the slight cutback should have plenty of fitness to finish strong here.

Race 6: Songbird is an all timer, 14-13-1-0 lifetime and should win here with a lack of other speed she should be able to go as fast as she wants out front but will be 2-5, #4 Forever Unbridled only one I give a shot to pull the upset.

Lively bunch....going to track 5am so let's get this done
R1: obvious ones are Chad's and Pletcher #2,5,8...but I'll be different #4 for me, working great at Monmouth and love Breen in 2yo races, this is his top owner
R2: one of toughest races on the card, my five contenders are #1,2,3,5,8....#5 likely biggest price of the five and I like him the best, 15-1 ML and in great form, has run well on Spa lawn...I'm against #9 at short price 1st time vs winners
R3: #7,8,9...#2 is ?....needed #9 in debut and looked like winner after big middle move, #7 is the live bomb at 20-1 ml, great turf breeding

Great call by a great horse player, 25-1 :cheers3:

Back