Rod's NBL Round 15

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Overall YTD (59-43-0) +45.27 units

I've read a bit of print media about this game and for the nth time I read that Hammer is lamenting about how poorly his team has been performing this season. I also read that he is thinking of changing up his lineup. Initially I was thinking I'll pass but then it occurred to me - this is a big game on the NBL calendar, may be a sell out and the Dragons simply can not play any defense.

o209.5 Dragons v Sixers (5)

In terms of side this is a bit more of a gut feel but I think even though it is the Sixers who needs this more for their playoff aspirations, the Dragons pull this one out tonight. they've been competitive for halves of games in a lot of the recent games but seemingly go AWOL. With it being Boxing Day at home it should provide them with enough motivation to perform well even though their season is done.

Dragons +1.5 over Sixers (3)

wow looks like a steam move on the Sixers late, centrebet now has the line at +3

Adding more:-

Dragons +3 over Sixers (4)

I always like to look for a reason to pick the dog but I'm struggling with this matchup. Tipans are basically outmatched in every key position including and with DT back tonight the Tigers are the healthiest they have been since mid October. Coming off a loss against Brisbane they have a chance to get back #2 spot on the ladder tonight and against a terrible road team that has struggled to put up points all season I'm prepared to lay the points in this one:

Tigers -9.5 over Taipans (5)

Pigs playing the Bullets tonight is an interesting game in that it has the potential to be much closer than what the line suggests. Main reason is the brutal schedule handed to the Bullets over the next 4 days. After playing tonight, they go up to Brisbane to play the Blaze tomorrow which bound to be a physical contest and then have to play the Taipans in Cairns on Monday. 3 games in 4 days is an anomoly in the NBL and I can really see Wright being smart about tonight with respect to using his players. Pigs on the other hand next play on the 5th January.

I'm expecting him to use Ere and Bruton as little as possible given the team's heavy schedule over the next few days, further beating up on the Pigs really is not going to prove anything especially when they no doubt have been eyeing up the derby game tomorrow but especially the Monday game against the Taipans as it presents a huge revenge spot for them giving they were humiliated by the Taipans in round 6 by 22 points.

Razorbacks +8.5 over Bullets (5)

I'm also going to add a couple more units on the Crocs at the higher line for tonight. A crocs win will get them into the top 4, acts as plenty of incentive to go hard tonight even if it is against an undermanned Hawks team.

Crocs -5.5 over Hawks (3)

Pigs playing the Bullets tonight is an interesting game in that it has the potential to be much closer than what the line suggests. Main reason is the brutal schedule handed to the Bullets over the next 4 days. After playing tonight, they go up to Brisbane to play the Blaze tomorrow which bound to be a physical contest and then have to play the Taipans in Cairns on Monday. 3 games in 4 days is an anomoly in the NBL and I can really see Wright being smart about tonight with respect to using his players. Pigs on the other hand next play on the 5th January.

I'm expecting him to use Ere and Bruton as little as possible given the team's heavy schedule over the next few days, further beating up on the Pigs really is not going to prove anything especially when they no doubt have been eyeing up the derby game tomorrow but especially the Monday game against the Taipans as it presents a huge revenge spot for them giving they were humiliated by the Taipans in round 6 by 22 points.

Razorbacks +8.5 over Bullets (5)

I'm also going to add a couple more units on the Crocs at the higher line for tonight. A crocs win will get them into the top 4, acts as plenty of incentive to go hard tonight even if it is against an undermanned Hawks team.

Crocs -5.5 over Hawks (3)

what the hell did u do to the Crocs line!

Its -6 now! Grrr

Back