• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Random NBA Playoffs Thread 4-25-2023...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This is going to be sporadic but time to get some thoughts out of my head. I have 45 mins of laundry, so time to do a thread...

Boston losing tonight could be the pathway to extra rest for MVP Joel Embiid...

Speaking of injuries, wtf is going on? This isn't just injured guys, but huge stars. Something is amiss here. That itself could be a whole different thread as a standalone...

At this point, Kawhi should just retire. What's the point? He is an NBA champion with multiple teams and one of the very best 2 way players we've seen in this league. He simply can't be counted on to play. Now, it's one thing to miss a lot of regular season games but he can't be counted on in the playoffs anymore. This one is bewildering. He had 38 in game 1 and 31 in game 2. They said the injury occurred in game 1. So, why did it take till between games 2 and 3 to determine he was too hurt to play? I'm not doubting him at all but this is just a weird one...

Russ gets a lot of heat, but he played his heart out in this series despite a rough last 20 game mins in Phoenix. With the right team, he's an asset. This needs to me a situation like he was traded to, winning team, but not like the Lakers.

Rob Pelinka did a great job at the deadline. The keys to this Lakers team are Vandy, Rui and Reeves. I'd say Russell too, but you know that he'll be consistently inconsistent. The newcomers help shield Lebron's shitty ass one on one defense. Big time...

Can Anthony Davis make it through an entire playoff run? He's hit the deck 3-4 times in this series. I dunno. That, in itself, will be interesting...

This is the NBA playoffs and we've now seen 2 complete collapses and 2 near collapses the last 3 nights with DD leads and 3 to 6 mins left in a game. In both the Milwaukee and Boston games, you could sense it all 2h. These teams did not have the 'want' to put a team away. The Minnesota collapse that sent their G4 to overtime was just a quick flurry. Tonight, the Suns collapse was a combo of their terrible defense and pure complacency on offense...

Pure complacency=let's just shoot three's. We see this all the time in the regular season and that is creeping into the playoffs. These coaches need to step up a bit. Maybe draw up a play or pull guys that are out there going through the motions...

Playoff Jimmy is a real thing. This guy had a great 16 games last year and very similar in the bubble. The guy just steps up. He's another example of a guy that will play less than 60 games, float through regular season then turn it on when needed...

The West is nuts. We have 5 teams left and any of them could advance to the Finals. Each has a bad flaw or two. I'm sure we have more injuries to come as well ...

Phoenix plays very little defense. They are especially bad on penetration and inside. Now, they meet the 2 time MVP. This won't be pretty. On the other side, they'll score. This series will see scoring and the 2 guard matchup is quite epic...

Memphis is very, very tough to watch on offense. They are just ugly. Now, last postseason, their defense was tremendous. They showed some flashes last night of that again, but at crucial moments couldn't make the plays...

The Fox injury is a bummer. He is a treat to watch and to finally see him in the playoffs is many years too late. We'll see how effective he can be...

This NBA playoffs has seen some inconsistent officiating. For me, stop with the ticky tack calls. Let em play!! Some games they do, others is a parade to the line...

Oh, this 1st round has also seen an a bevy of "acting jobs" by guys trying to draw flagrant fouls. Last night, Dennis made it like he got hit in the nuts due to the Brooks play the game before. Overall, I've seen guys barely get touched or a regular foul trying to see the flagrant. Be a man, and stop "being a bitch"...

Boston still my team to beat for all the marbles. Milwaukee the best chance but they have their own issues being on the brink... Philly doesn't have the offense to get it done... None of these West teams can win vs the Celtics 4 times. I'm sure something weird will happen though...

Lastly, late night Tuesday predictions on rest of this round plus next round ...

Milwaukee gets this back to a G7 in Milwaukee, provided Giannis is at same health or better than the other night...

Boston wins a hard fought one Thursday and pulls away late...

The Knicks lose G5 tomorrow but close it out in front of a wild crowd at MSG in G6...

The Lakers lose a tight one tomorrow but close out Memphis back in LA...

The Cali series is so tough due to Fox. I think GSW wins the series now, but I'm not sure which game they win in Sacto. The kings defense at home was totally different...

I'm no fan of the Nuggets coaching staff, but they should score at will for this entire series and advance to the WCFs in 5 or 6 games...

I'll say again, this is the weirdest WC Playoffs I've ever seen. This is a true "wide open west".

Lastly, part #2. These series are so finite. Take away a splurge of DeAngelo three's on Monday night and Memphis likely comes home 2-2. Now, the Lakers are legit contenders to make the WCFs...

The smallest of things... That's where coaching comes in... And frankly we have some bad coaches out there right now... The best resides in South Florida...

This is going to be sporadic but time to get some thoughts out of my head. I have 45 mins of laundry, so time to do a thread...

Speaking of injuries, wtf is going on? This isn't just injured guys, but huge stars. Something is amiss here. That itself could be a whole different thread as a standalone...

At this point, Kawhi should just retire. What's the point? He is an NBA champion with multiple teams and one of the very best 2 way players we've seen in this league. He simply can't be counted on to play. Now, it's one thing to miss a lot of regular season games but he can't be counted on in the playoffs anymore. This one is bewildering. He had 38 in game 1 and 31 in game 2. They said the injury occurred in game 1. So, why did it take till between games 2 and 3 to determine he was too hurt to play? I'm not doubting him at all but this is just a weird one...

Russ gets a lot of heat, but he played his heart out in this series despite a rough last 20 game mins in Phoenix. With the right team, he's an asset. This needs to me a situation like he was traded to, winning team, but not like the Lakers.

Rob Pelinka did a great job at the deadline. The keys to this Lakers team are Vandy, Rui and Reeves. I'd say Russell too, but you know that he'll be consistently inconsistent. The newcomers help shield Lebron's shitty ass one on one defense. Big time...

Can Anthony Davis make it through an entire playoff run? He's hit the deck 3-4 times in this series. I dunno. That, in itself, will be interesting...

This is the NBA playoffs and we've now seen 2 complete collapses and 2 near collapses the last 3 nights with DD leads and 3 to 6 mins left in a game. In both the Milwaukee and Boston games, you could sense it all 2h. These teams did not have the 'want' to put a team away. The Minnesota collapse that sent their G4 to overtime was just a quick flurry. Tonight, the Suns collapse was a combo of their terrible defense and pure complacency on offense...

Pure complacency=let's just shoot three's. We see this all the time in the regular season and that is creeping into the playoffs. These coaches need to step up a bit. Maybe draw up a play or pull guys that are out there going through the motions...

Playoff Jimmy is a real thing. This guy had a great 16 games last year and very similar in the bubble. The guy just steps up. He's another example of a guy that will play less than 60 games, float through regular season then turn it on when needed...

The West is nuts. We have 5 teams left and any of them could advance to the Finals. Each has a bad flaw or two. I'm sure we have more injuries to come as well ...

Phoenix plays very little defense. They are especially bad on penetration and inside. Now, they meet the 2 time MVP. This won't be pretty. On the other side, they'll score. This series will see scoring and the 2 guard matchup is quite epic...

Memphis is very, very tough to watch on offense. They are just ugly. Now, last postseason, their defense was tremendous. They showed some flashes last night of that again, but at crucial moments couldn't make the plays...

The Fox injury is a bummer. He is a treat to watch and to finally see him in the playoffs is many years too late. We'll see how effective he can be...

This NBA playoffs has seen some inconsistent officiating. For me, stop with the ticky tack calls. Let em play!! Some games they do, others is a parade to the line...

Oh, this 1st round has also seen an a bevy of "acting jobs" by guys trying to draw flagrant fouls. Last night, Dennis made it like he got hit in the nuts due to the Brooks play the game before. Overall, I've seen guys barely get touched or a regular foul trying to see the flagrant. Be a man, and stop "being a bitch"...

Boston still my team to beat for all the marbles. Milwaukee the best chance but they have their own issues being on the brink... Philly doesn't have the offense to get it done... None of these West teams can win vs the Celtics 4 times. I'm sure something weird will happen though...

Lastly, late night Tuesday predictions on rest of this round plus next round ...

Milwaukee gets this back to a G7 in Milwaukee, provided Giannis is at same health or better than the other night...

The Knicks lose G5 tomorrow but close it out in front of a wild crowd at MSG in G6...

The Cali series is so tough due to Fox. I think GSW wins the series now, but I'm not sure which game they win in Sacto. The kings defense at home was totally different...

I'm no fan of the Nuggets coaching staff, but they should score at will for this entire series and advance to the WCFs in 5 or 6 games...

I'll say again, this is the weirdest WC Playoffs I've ever seen. This is a true "wide open west".

Lastly, part #2. These series are so finite. Take away a splurge of DeAngelo three's on Monday night and Memphis likely comes home 2-2. Now, the Lakers are legit contenders to make the WCFs...

The smallest of things... That's where coaching comes in... And frankly we have some bad coaches out there right now... The best resides in South Florida...
Great read. Thanks for taking the time boss :shake7:

Just spent $2.79 on on eyedrops for this. #Respect

So wanted to play the Big Dogs last night ats, went guns shy after the Boston and Milwaukee debacle……

WTF is wrong with Cleveland and the Knicks? We watching 90’s basketball or just overall bad shooting? Not 1 game cracked 200 points.
Might played over live, gotta see the pace of these 2 teams.

So wanted to play the Big Dogs last night ats, went guns shy after the Boston and Milwaukee debacle……

WTF is wrong with Cleveland and the Knicks? We watching 90’s basketball or just overall bad shooting? Not 1 game cracked 200 points.
Might played over live, gotta see the pace of these 2 teams.
Not like these two were high scoring in the regular season as is .....

Bad shooting, no doubt, but sometimes particular matchups work this way..

Let's remember who the Knicks coach is...

I’d just like to say last night was magical taking every dog.

Gone are the days of teams just stepping on a 3-1 like they used to.

Not saying it plays the same round 2, but something to watch as of late

For some odd reason even though I lost interest in the NBA years ago, out of boredom I guess I started watching a little this week. I think your comments about Phoenix defense are spot on. Not sure I could ever trust them in a tight game with everything on the line when you need a stop. They seem to have that chuck it up attitude and if the 3s don't fall fuck it. The posturing with the refs and shots to the groin is just ridiculous too. I just think the entire product is a piece of shit overall at this point! I did enjoy Minnesota really playing hard in the elimination game, and thought they were fucked by the refs to a large extent ie Towns. Anyway Mexico tournament starts tomorrow so I'll go back to golf. BOL to the gamblers!

For some odd reason even though I lost interest in the NBA years ago, out of boredom I guess I started watching a little this week. I think your comments about Phoenix defense are spot on. Not sure I could ever trust them in a tight game with everything on the line when you need a stop. They seem to have that chuck it up attitude and if the 3s don't fall fuck it. The posturing with the refs and shots to the groin is just ridiculous too. I just think the entire product is a piece of shit overall at this point! I did enjoy Minnesota really playing hard in the elimination game, and thought they were fucked by the refs to a large extent ie Towns. Anyway Mexico tournament starts tomorrow so I'll go back to golf. BOL to the gamblers!
We got a scrimmage round against LAC really which was just playground ball but awesome for chemistry. KD had played 8 games with this team coming into the playoffs. I actually rank the defense as a plus now but against Denver it will be a war in the post. Keep Ayton out of foul trouble and let Biyambo and Landale (who didn't record a minute against LAC) do the dirty work

Very positive on the defense here, when Book knew it was a must win game in g2 he was all world defense. Then Kawhi goes down and it's scrimmage basketball so there is very little to take from the last three games. Actually nothing.

Except how the Suns have hidden CP3. He literally works at a zero pace on offense and seems to have the juice at the end of the game. He might as well be on be bench for most possessions.

Suns need to keep Porter in check. For me that's the wild card.

We got a scrimmage round against LAC really which was just playground ball but awesome for chemistry. KD had played 8 games with this team coming into the playoffs. I actually rank the defense as a plus now but against Denver it will be a war in the post. Keep Ayton out of foul trouble and let Biyambo and Landale (who didn't record a minute against LAC) do the dirty work

Very positive on the defense here, when Book knew it was a must win game in g2 he was all world defense. Then Kawhi goes down and it's scrimmage basketball so there is very little to take from the last three games. Actually nothing.

Except how the Suns have hidden CP3. He literally works at a zero pace on offense and seems to have the juice at the end of the game. He might as well be on be bench for most possessions.

Suns need to keep Porter in check. For me that's the wild card.
Booker is a great defender. Very underrated part of his game. Should be a great series. Could use Payne too.

Reactions: KJ
Booker is a great defender. Very underrated part of his game. Should be a great series. Could use Payne too.
Cam Payne played last game, much needed for depth if nothing else

If you watch CP3 in the first half on possessions, he's taking a breather on most of them so his minutes don't mean much

Series against Denver I expect Craig on Murray, Booker at times but Jamal is so jammed up by Joker at getting to the lane which is his game. Can't let Book get into foul trouble but I don't see anything that can take advantage of CP3 from Denver's offense.

Will be a bunch of fascinating matchups and I trust Monty over Reno's pal Malone

incoming potential hot take! everyone eating up Giannis' postgame presser. no doubt a nice message...but at the same time it's that mentality that lost them the series. dude crumbled every 4q in the series

Back