Question on GT/ND and my virgin picks

jwalkerus

Pretty much a regular
First off just want to say hello to everyone. Absolutely love this site. SO many great guys and an abundance of information to read. Gotta love this site. My first season posting picks because i used to us a local book for the past 3 years but he went under and no longer accepts.

What is everyones thoughts on this game? i see GT winning straight up and i also see joe public banging ND hard before the game maybe pushing the game back to 3 or even higher. SO im thinking maybe wait and grab GT sat morning if the line jumps up any higher. i mean i know the game is in south bend but GT def line should dominate a weak ND off line.

i am looking to add one more play for saturday, these are my plays that are locked in.

WMU WVU o54 1/2
Ball St miami o o52
LSU -18 1/2 (i was so late getting this number, wanted it at -16 or 16 1/2)
Mizz -5 (now down to 4, should of waited)
FSU -3
Texas -38 1/2
Oregon St -6 1/2

Leaning towards GT @ +2 1/2 but want it to go a touch higher. If i cant get anything will just play ML. who knows though.

Alot of favs but it is week 1.

I would wait for a few days and watch movement. Three is a critical number obviously..

Solid card you have going...

After missing the best of this line, I see reason to jump at a 2.5 now..that's a bad number any way u slice it..

I would wait and hope u're right...

re: Joe Public

Joe Public is on GT for this game. I haven't heard a single person predict ND a winner.

If anything, I would be happy with the +2.5.

Of course, I think this game will be a replay of the Pitt 2005 game for ND. Everyone doubting the Irish. Everyone predicting 0-6 start. All doom and gloom.

Then ND runs the ball right down their throat and the game is over by halftime.

First off just want to say hello to everyone. Absolutely love this site. SO many great guys and an abundance of information to read. Gotta love this site. My first season posting picks because i used to us a local book for the past 3 years but he went under and no longer accepts.

What is everyones thoughts on this game? i see GT winning straight up and i also see joe public banging ND hard before the game maybe pushing the game back to 3 or even higher. SO im thinking maybe wait and grab GT sat morning if the line jumps up any higher. i mean i know the game is in south bend but GT def line should dominate a weak ND off line.

i am looking to add one more play for saturday, these are my plays that are locked in.

WMU WVU o54 1/2
Ball St miami o o52
LSU -18 1/2 (i was so late getting this number, wanted it at -16 or 16 1/2)
Mizz -5 (now down to 4, should of waited)
FSU -3
Texas -38 1/2
Oregon St -6 1/2

Leaning towards GT @ +2 1/2 but want it to go a touch higher. If i cant get anything will just play ML. who knows though.

Alot of favs but it is week 1.

Joe Public is on GT for this game. I haven't heard a single person predict ND a winner.

If anything, I would be happy with the +2.5.

Of course, I think this game will be a replay of the Pitt 2005 game for ND. Everyone doubting the Irish. Everyone predicting 0-6 start. All doom and gloom.

Then ND runs the ball right down their throat and the game is over by halftime.

holy HOMER comment..

run the ball down their throat? Get use to the name Tashard Choice

The Juggernaut that is Georgia Tech

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] 1) Ga Tech lost their last 3 games last year

2) They scored 7 points against UNC, 6 against Wake Forest and 10 against Rick Minter

3) They lost far and away the best player from that same offense

4) Their vaunted defense gave up 31 to Clemson and was shredded by WVU. The same WVU who lost to South Florida

5) Chan Gailey has never lost less than 5 games in a season at Ga Tech

6) They scored 10 points in the 4th quarter to defeat 3-9 NC St

7) We played Tashard Choice last year. Color me unimpressed. Good, not great...no breakaway speed. Not a 1st day draft pick. Probably not one of the 3 best RB's we face this year

[/FONT]
holy HOMER comment..

run the ball down their throat? Get use to the name Tashard Choice

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] 1) Ga Tech lost their last 3 games last year [/FONT]

And? ND lost the last game they played as well, except they got crushed not beat and they lost their last 2.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]2) They scored 7 points against UNC, 6 against Wake Forest and 10 against Rick Minter. Reggie Ball[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]3) They lost far and away the best player from that same offense. Ummmm, didn't ND lose far and away their best QB, 2 best WRs, best RB which isn't that big of a dropoff to the new guys, and 3 of their best OL?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]4) Their vaunted defense gave up 31 to Clemson and was shredded by WVU. The same WVU who lost to South Florida. 31 to Clemson because of two guys named Spiller and Davis..WVU also had someone named Pat White who is pretty good himself. USF is a fast team and matched up well with WVU, that is irrelevant to this game though. Last I checked, you don't have anyone close to those great college players. I mean I could say: ND lost to USC who lost to UCLA who lost to Washington who was 5-7. ND also gave up over 30 points 3 times[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]5) Chan Gailey has never lost less than 5 games in a season at Ga Tech. They might go 7-5 this yr, not sure how that is relevant to the ND game. Maybe you are saying Gailey is not a good coach and I understand that to some extent.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]6) They scored 10 points in the 4th quarter to defeat 3-9 NC St. They still covered the spread that game and 3-9 NC State also beat FSU and BC at home.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]7) We played Tashard Choice last year. Color me unimpressed. Good, not great...no breakaway speed. Not a 1st day draft pick. Probably not one of the 3 best RB's we face this year. He will look good when he goes for 150.[/FONT]

I just don't think ND matches up well in the trenches on either side of the ball.

rant

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]/Begin Rant

I'm so freakin sick of hearing about Tenuta, Wheeler, Bennett, etc. I'm sick of the assumption that a team that lost a 4 year starter at QB and probably the best offensive player in the country (certainly the best player in his conference), that was only 67th in Total Offense last season, that has never finished ranked higher than 50 something in Offense under Gailey, that could only score 10 points on ND last season, with a QB making his first true road start, is automatically going to improve.

\End Rant

Move along, nothing to see here.

[/FONT]
I just don't think ND matches up well in the trenches on either side of the ball.

Not that my 2cents matter much, but the arguments on both sides of this are why this game has been a NO TOUCH from the moment lines came out.

Neither one of these teams is any better than the other IMO. To be honest I feel the same way about FSU. The whole forum is sucking Bowden and Co. off...and I may join in, but I want to see how the other games play out.

Regardless, not touching this matchup with a 10 foot pole.

Not that my 2cents matter much, but the arguments on both sides of this are why this game has been a NO TOUCH from the moment lines came out.

Neither one of these teams is any better than the other IMO. To be honest I feel the same way about FSU. The whole forum is sucking Bowden and Co. off...and I may join in, but I want to see how the other games play out.

Regardless, not touching this matchup with a 10 foot pole.

The reason I have FSU has nothing at all to do with the coaching changes.

Its this simple for me... 4 new starters on OL + new QB vs. Good defense.. who do you take?

for GT game... its 4 strong guys back on the OL, and a very strong front 7 vs. a team with a new qb and 3 new OL.

I made it a point to play against QB's making their first start vs. good defenses. At this point in the season, defenses are ahead of offenses, or atleast they should be.

Zona vs. Byu
FSU vs. Clemsux
GT vs. ND
SC vs. ULL

All 4 of my games have good to improved defenses vs. new QB's.

Anyway, people see games differently. I don't know how anyone in the world can predict the Kent St-Iowa St game but there are a lot of plays on it, so it can be said for any game really.

ETG...good reasons to say the least. To be honest, I haven't looked at FSU/Clemson just because its FSU/Clemson. I feel the same about OhioSt/Mich, Fla/Miami, Fla/FSU, etc. unless I see one side being stronger than the other. Everyone has been so high on FSU that its piqued my interest, hence my comments.

I'll still steer clear of GTech/ND, but wish you luck on your GTech side. I'll be thinking of you when I see the scores flash up.

As for how people can predict KentSt/IowaSt, I feel like that one is a far clearer picture than GTech/ND. I know that parity is reeling its ugly head in college foots, but there is still a talent gap that can be exploited. Doggies in the short lines between upper-tier conferences usually have good value (GTech) IMO.

As I said...I'm sure I'll pile on FSU if things look right. I still remember Clemson costing me big last year when VTech treated them like they were a JV squad on Thursday night.

Back