Play In Tournament Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, let's talk about these games gents!

Current Lines

Indiana 3-228

Boston 2-232.5

Memphis 4-222

LA Lakers 4.5-219.5

Couple quick thoughts...

Cracking me up that Indiana is in a play-in... just so awful on defense... that is Charlotte or nothing for me...

Memphis wins the game, imo, but we have seen them have a few duds late in the season when they needed wins... anything can happen here but definitely lean the Grizz...

Beal obviously isn't 100%... that keeps me kinda iffy here but honestly if he was I'd be on the Bullets..

Lakers should win this pretty easily unless Chef comes up with a 50+ spot...

Lakers -180 is a bet for me and will be willing to take back +500 plus to freeroll it...

Wizards been playing hard when no one else has been.

tough game to predict because it’s really all what Kemba does. If he shoots 50% C’s roll. He should see no defense, too. But C’s are hurt and broken - missing Brown and I still argue selling Theis for what? Was idiotic.

Hornets don’t miss their garbage 3s when I fade them. They’ll shoot 20% now that I’m backing.

Winner of this gets that awesome consolation prize of another trip to Cali for a couple days all expenses paid

I like this Pacers team. They play strong, they play together, well coached and they remind me of the Spurs. No matter who can play, you know they will give strong defense and can surprise you.
Wizards did amazing second half of the season, but too many injuries for a team that never was deep to begin with... I will be rooting for Wizards, but it's Pacers ML with nice odds or nothing for me (this case is an easy pass)

It's also hard not to like this Memphis team. Second time in play in tournament and I think they more deserving than the Dubs to get the final spot. Warriors are about titles, not playoffs appearances and this season they don't have a shot.
I also like Lakers chances more against Suns than against Utah, so good thing they closed it tonight.

NBA just released this.

Believe it's a gambling show on their network/social media platforms.

Ruh-roh...

#Donaghyapproved

I have zero reason to believe GSW wants the 8th seed and whatever travel is involved when they don't have a championship team, kinda think they've checked out after last night

I'm not sure what sport this is anymore. 257 points in a "playoff" "elimination" game.

The Steve Nash rules of the 2000s plus analytics have really unfolded on full display.

We'll never see a post up move ever again.

I personally hate screens. I liked pick n' roll. But these triple screens combined with screen the screener is too much. Everyone is always moving (including on every pick) and it's impossible to play defense anymore.

I personally hate screens. I liked pick n' roll. But these triple screens combined with screen the screener is too much. Everyone is always moving (including on every pick) and it's impossible to play defense anymore.
Game sucks man.

4th quarter defense two all star games ago was awesome.

Shaq may have ruined the game forever by being too dominant. League overreacted to it after his prime - meaning it was no longer a threat. I get the Lakers/Nets finals were awful ratings wise but I don't know what this is anymore.

I like the days when a total over 200 was high!

Shaq may have ruined the game forever by being too dominant. League overreacted to it after his prime - meaning it was no longer a threat. I get the Lakers/Nets finals were awful ratings wise but I don't know what this is anymore.

I like the days when a total over 200 was high!
The modern game was fine till they kept tweaking...

Early to mid 2010s was a rebirth then they kept tweaking ...

Back