Pivotal Friday Night in the Association...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I really think the Cavs come back strong. I also think that the Nets play one of their best games of the series. I think its going to be down to the wire so I will stay away for now.

SA closes the series..period. I love hearing all this Suns hype. Makes me laugh. If not for a lax 4-5 minutes this series may already be over.

San Antonio -3 -110 15 units

going as big as I will on a playoff game..Luv it!(Spurs for 2nd time):cheers:

since i dont watch the nba anymore, take it for what its worth, but when you say if not for a lax 4-5 minutes, this series could be over....

youre right...the suns couldve already won

if nash doesnt get that cut in game 1 and if they dont choke in game 5, they win 4-1

philosophically, i like the bet and think it should cash, however, id be very very worried if i put this bet in and turned the tv on and saw dick bavetta standing there.....

Yes I would have to agree, that would be a lot of Jager Bombs ... hate to take them all by myself, but I turn no challenge down!!!

Smoke..the cut in Game 1 didn't change the game that dramatically...

SA dominated game 4 and then kinda relaxed

Phx demise in game 5 was no suprise to anyone.

A good offense and a a good defense beats a great offense...plain and simple.

If Phoenix somehow comes back..great...I'll pound the Jazz in Conference Finals. They have a perfect team to beat up on Suns..did it in regular season.

Has the line moved off of -3 at all? Once again at work and can't access lines. Updates would be much appreciated.

I played this last night before bed...bookmaker is off-line right now..I'll look at some others for yas

I thought Big Al was on the Suns tonight?

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Big Al's Double 100% 5* NBA Game of the Year.
Al McMordie's releasing his #1 NBA Play of the Season tonight, and it's out of not 1, but 2 angles that are on a 100% Perfect Streak! If you enjoyed Big Al's 5* NBA Game of the Year last season when the Cavaliers got the $$$$ as a dog vs. Detroit in Game 2 of their series, then you'll love this AWESOME 5* PLAY. Go get it.

Suns
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

:smiley_acbe:

Interesting. Good Luck B.A.R. might tail ya here. I think the Nets win this game and the next.

Great points,

But I hate betting against a team with thier backs against the wall, especially the suns, with all that fire power. But BAR you are correct fundamental offense and defense beats a great offense every time. San Antonio is no slouch on offense....However, I love the CAVS tonight and I think they Finish tonight so Vince Carter can go home and Cry...

Well Wishes....

Oh, BAR, I hope you're right. I just worry that you're stepping into a big ol' bear trap here.

The Spurs are the better team, but I have a bad feeling they lose this game outright.

I said a week ago this would go seven with these teams trading away wins for the last three games and the more I think about this game the more I feel that's exactly what happens.

I don't know if I'll bet the Suns now based on you being so heavy against it, but I don't know if I can bet SA here and I wish you weren't going so heavy on it.

Good luck.

Uh oh. Bad news for Spurs -3. Just read that Dick Bavetta is the ref tonight. NBA sends him in to their dirty work, i.e. whats best for the league. Whats best for the league tonight would be a game 7 back in Phoenix.

I would be willing to bet--and I would have been willing to do this before you told me who was reffing the game--that the Suns outshoot the Spurs from the line pretty substantially tonight.

I'm thinking of playing the over because of it.

THe Spurs vs Utah?

NOTE: If both series are concluded by Friday, May 18 (Game 6), the Western Conference Finals series will move up to start on Sunday, May 20.

Ooh, good catch, Little E.

Utah vs. San Antonio. Yawn. I wonder if there's an NFL Europe game on I could watch instead.

Bar: 2 things:
1. Are you therefore leaning over in Nets/Cavs?
2. I thought Spurs would close to but they got completely dominated for most of the last game w/o Amare playing, don't you think with Amare the Suns play like they did in game 4?

GL BAR. I would be SHOCKED if the Spurs let this game get away from them. They have a chance to close this out at home and must take advantage of that. They don't want to go to Phoenix for a game 7. Suns will work hard for this one, but the Better team closes this one out. Spurs won't be messin around tonight.

I don't see anyway they lose this game. In fact, if they win tonight I believe they will win it all. Championship teams close the door on these exact situations.

I don't think that it's a matter of who the better team is or who SHOULD win. It's a matter of the Sun's emotions and the shitty refs we've been seeing. I completely agree that Spurs should win and close out the series, but I still cant bring myself to comfortably take the spurs. I'm leaning on the Suns 1h, but I'm not sure Ill bet the game.

Albyman..how you hear about Bavetta...NBA doesn't disclose the refs till approx 10-15 minutes b4 tip

Albyman..how you hear about Bavetta...NBA doesn't disclose the refs till approx 10-15 minutes b4 tip
I read online that Grant Hill was on Dan Patrick saying that there would be a Game 7 cuz Bavetta was doing the game tonight. I guess its not a surefire source but take it for what its worth i suppose.

I heard it on the Patrick show earlier today as well. They certainly weren't kidding when they were talking about it.

I have been contemplating this bet all day. Figure the Super Suns to start out hot, took them for the 1st half, But I think experience takes over at the end of this game and Spurs pull it out in the end.

Spurs -2.5 +100 (any time I can get even money on the Spurs @ home in a pivotal game Im taking it)

Adding more on Spurs 2H. Spurs O getting anything they want offensively. Pop will have his D more focused in the 2H. They should pull away.

Another great call Big Al! Looking forward to your insights on the two conference final matchups:cheers:

thanks fellas...

you got the last one Joe..lol ;)

Spurs played well...Nash has a lotta fight in him...love when he tries to takwe over like that but man be more assertive..he was in a zone there

Great call. Suns ran out of gas there in the 3rd quarter and the Spurs were making all their shots. This team is unbeatable.

thanks once again...

Quick turnaround for Spurs..but don't have to leave home...

Derron and Tony should be a great matchup. Okur will help spread the Spurs interior defense out a bit..

Spurs in 5 or 6

Duncan wins another championship.. I say he is better than Jordan. Yessir he just did it.

Back