PGA Championship Discussion

Only showing 1.5 and greater.

Did top 10 = 1, 11-15 = .75, 16-20 = .5, 21-25 = .25, 26-40~ = ~

SGApp/SGOftee/Bogey Avoidance/SGArTGr/BorB%/Driving Accuracy %

1596651003536.png

Some notes - golfers that touched both SG Off the Tee/Driving Accuracy

Rahm - 5/31 respectively (also 30th aroundTG)
Matsuyama - 27/14 (also 3rd in approachingTG, and 10th aroundTG)
Morikawa - 15/16 (also 2nd in approachingTG)
Hovland - 11/28 (also 6th in approachingTG)
Conners - 13/15 (also 14th in approachingTG)
Redman - 29/7 (also 13th in approachingTG)
Casey - 12/29 (also 8th in approachingTG)
Ancer - 25/24 (also 22nd in approachingTG)
Sungjae (not listed above) - 20/36
Streelman (not listed above) - 22/10
Palmer (not listed above) - 18/37 (also 32nd approachingTG)
Dahmen (not listed above) - 21/27 (also 35th approachingTG)
Horschel (not listed above) - 24/33 (also 27th aroundTG)

Last edited:
Other notes,

JT -- Rory/Xander --------- Finau touch all boxes aside from driving accuracy

Simpson -- Berger --------- Na touch all boxes aside from SG off the tee

I’m starting to get a feeling about Finau.

Watching the practice round and interviews... everyone is saying they’re gonna drive it down as far as they can. Might want to make some bomber lineups in DK.

I’m starting to get a feeling about Finau.

Watching the practice round and interviews... everyone is saying they’re gonna drive it down as far as they can. Might want to make some bomber lineups in DK.

Yeah, everything I read earlier in the week was that bombing it would be too hard. Now, everyone is saying the bombers have an advantage...

This gives Bryson, Bubba, Rory a bump if true. But, Im also looking for guys that hit long and can keep it in the fairway. 175 out of the fairway is still probably better than 155 out of the thick rough.

The other thing to note is that the difference between 1 and 70 is like 20 yards...yeah, that significant but its why I put so much thought into approach shots.

So far:

Full tournament (just taking advantage of bad line)

Dufner -118 over Kitayama -DraftKings this morning

round 1

bubba -125 over Wolff

Have y'all ever heard of Data Golf? I'm not 100% sure what it is, but they mentioned it on the NLU podcast this week, and according to them (Data Golf), the regular tour course most similar to Harding Park is Torrey Pines. Maybe success there can predict success this week? Just off the top of my head, that's Rahm, Day, Leishman, Tiger, Rose, and Snedeker as past winners. I'm sure there's others that play well there. CH3 I think has done well at Torrey, not sure if he's in this week's field
Three of Mickelson's 44 career tour wins came in the tour event at Torrey Pines, but his last victory here was 2001

My plays so far.

Xander to Win +1710* .5*
Xander Top 20 -110 .5*

Tournament Matchups
Berger -120 vs. Fowler .5*
Berger -110 vs. Reed .5*
Fleetwood +100 vs. Fitzpatrick .5*
Cantlay -115 vs. Simpson .5*
Parlay Xander vs. Woods/Fleetwood vs. Fitzpatrick +206 .5*

GL fellas, terrific thread here for the tournament. I'm jacked.
Good luck, tim

Need help. Seen this in a couple of places. I can’t figure out what. “. DK. “. is. Thanks.

ok, I'll show my ignorance.

I was making my "to win" selections. I'm on a local.
After hitting submit, I get the message that the event has started.
Main menu---> no "to win" odds available.

Does it always cut off the night before? I'm pretty sure I've made selections as late as 4am on the day of.
I went to an online account I still have, they had it, I selected and it confirmed. Realizing I missed one, the selection was gone.
This all happened in the last 15min.

It's a worry for sure. Hoping for some good vibes from Olympic here
It's eight years on, and I'm still annoyed about Olympic. I had GMac and Furyk that year. The two of them grinded on the lead all week in some tough conditions, meanwhile I don't think Webb ever hit a shot where he had the lead.

It's eight years on, and I'm still annoyed about Olympic. I had GMac and Furyk that year. The two of them grinded on the lead all week in some tough conditions, meanwhile I don't think Webb ever hit a shot where he had the lead.
I had Furyk at Olympic at 30 or 35-1 and he was leading going into last round, and they moved a tee up on the back nine and he snapped hooked it off the tee and made double, and Simpson eventually profited. What a bummer that was.....

I added to the Xander Top 20 Bet -110 another .5*, feel very good about this one.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was a very annoying Open.

I had Furyk at Olympic at 30 or 35-1 and he was leading going into last round, and they moved a tee up on the back nine and he snapped hooked it off the tee and made double, and Simpson eventually profited. What a bummer that was.....

I added to the Xander Top 20 Bet -110 another .5*, feel very good about this one.

I remember that shot. It was late and he literally snapped it into the woods. Choked it away

I never bet on X, but I have him this week.

For FRL I've got Sergio, Hideki, Morikawa, Finau, and a sprinkle on An.
I'm thinking the flat greens will give guys who can't putt a chance. Especially on a Thursday when the pressure has not yet ramped up.

Added Cantlay and Michael Thompson for FRL

Last edited:
LFG! I’m pumped up.... a few add ons for me

Cantlay top 20 +120

Fritelli top 20 +800 1/4 unit

1st round only: Big Cat +140 vs Rory- Rory seems to start slow more often than not. Tiger without a doubt the strongest mentally. Tiger should be feeling his best physically to start the week. If Rory shows up and beats him then so be it. I’ll take the plus money shot here

I've been planning on JT being my horse all summer long for this...

But, he has no value and he won last week.

I will still look to back him but I like playing him live better anyways...

I played a bit bigger card beforehand this week. We'll see how it goes...

I like some more now than I did a few days ago and a few I am not as high on...

I'll be tracking a few live, most notably JT, Brooks and Deki.....

For Deki I doubt he gets out of the funk this week but just in case. His prices pre-tourney are way too low to invest in initially.

Many of these were Monday, Gary was weeks ago while three were tonight...

I feel real good about Cantlay and solid about Rahm...

Finau is the Hunt 'hunch'...

Woodland +5000

Cantlay +2200

Rahm +1200

Webb +2400

English +10000

Fleetwood +3500

Hovland +3800

Ancer +5000

Kisner +8500

Fitz +4500

Finau +3000

I played Brooks (900) and Morikawa (3100) to win.

Webb with a fill in caddy this week, apparently it’s a young guy he plays regularly with who is a tour hopeful himself. That and the fact he’s not very long off the tee, even though he’s accurate, kept me off of him but I wanted to play him.

Rory said he’ll be hitting driver most holes, but also said he wouldn’t necessarily be trying to hit it 350 every hole, but rather make sure it’s in the fairway as the rough is gonna be a big challenge. At 12-1 he’s a decent bet but I left him off as well, at least for now.

Im not loving guys like Kisner or Webb . This is a west coast event with west coast weather. The course is long. The weather is making it play longer. It's fine that they are hitting fairways but they will have headcovers into the greens.

Hard not to like X in an event like this. Also thinking King Louie. At some point Rory returns to himself. He just seems bored in the regular events, with no fans.

Im not loving guys like Kisner or Webb . This is a west coast event with west coast weather. The course is long. The weather is making it play longer. It's fine that they are hitting fairways but they will have headcovers into the greens.

Hard not to like X in an event like this. Also thinking King Louie. At some point Rory returns to himself. He just seems bored in the regular events, with no fans.
Well, the course itself is actually short compared to what they usually face.

But, the ball isn't carrying as much.

That's fair. I think it's relative right? If you look at a par 70, it seems long (before the weather). Like you said the cold weather is impacting the distance dramatically. Been listening to podcasts and interview, and they are saying with irons its at least 1 club.

That's fair. I think it's relative right? If you look at a par 70, it seems long (before the weather). Like you said the cold weather is impacting the distance dramatically. Been listening to podcasts and interview, and they are saying with irons its at least 1 club.

Its already a long course but this weather is going to make it longer. I put some bias in driving but I also capped long iron players.

Scott over Fitz (really like this) (2u)
Morikaa over Johnson (Love this)
Berger over Fowler
Cantlay over Woods
Van Rooyen over Steele

To Win
Bryson +1300 (was on my fade list but the talk of bombers doing well put him back on my list reluctantly)
Cantlay+2400
X +1800

Top 10s
Berger +425
Morikaaw +300

Top 20s
Ancer +260
Webb +120
Cantlay -110
X -140

Berger over Fowler
Cantlay over Woods
Van Rooyen over Steele

To Win
Bryson +1300 (was on my fade list but the talk of bombers doing well put him back on my list reluctantly)
Cantlay+2400
X +1800

Top 10s
Berger +425
Morikaaw +300

Top 20s
Ancer +260
Webb +120
Cantlay -110
X -140
BOL, Dollaz

Berger over Fowler
Cantlay over Woods
Van Rooyen over Steele

To Win
Cantlay+2400
X +1800

Top 10s
Berger +425
Morikaaw +300

Top 20s
Ancer +260
Webb +120
Cantlay -110
X -140

1st round matchups those are?

Morikawa 28% owned

Rahm/Bryson at 11%~ owned could be good

liking hovland at 8%, and casey at 2%.. redman under 1% will make or break me (have him in about 8~ of 20 lineups

Adam Scott +105 over Matthew Fitzpatrick for tourney

Patrick Reed over Rickey Fowler for tourney

Phil +155 over Rahm Day #1

They said everyone is adding 8% to their reads on the course...so the course is playing closer to 7800 yards than whatever it's listed at (I don't feel like looking it up right now).

They said everyone is adding 8% to their reads on the course...so the course is playing closer to 7800 yards than whatever it's listed at (I don't feel like looking it up right now).
Sure.

Just using the listed number, it isn't.

Sure.

Just using the listed number, it isn't.

Yes, using just the number. Factoring in the cold air, atmospheric pressure, etc..it's playing 8% longer. I'd trust the caddies and players more than anyone else. I know you're not arguing either, you're just giving the distance based on the distance alone.

Back