PGA Championship Discussion

I'm hoping this is his audition to eventually replace Immelman, who is as dull as it gets. Then lets get Romo to replace Ian Baker Yip.

Definitely some needling by Sir Nick. Phil talked a little too much but his technical analysis is desperately needed on these broadcasts. People who watch golf play golf. Ever since they dumped Kostis there is not much teaching on these broadcasts.

For example, bunkers with little sand in them, keep your weight forward to get more dig with the club head......never heard of that. That was worth his time on air right there.

Xander back to life. Need a strong finish here and especially hold breath from 12-14 holes

Definitely some needling by Sir Nick. Phil talked a little too much but his technical analysis is desperately needed on these broadcasts. People who watch golf play golf. Ever since they dumped Kostis there is not much teaching on these broadcasts.

Faldo is the worst now that McCord got axed

Pretty good day for me if Fleetwood can win his matchup. Xander and Berger really could have made huge moves for me today but they still hung around. Either could win with a 65 or 66 tomorrow.

DJ, Morikawa, Bryon all massive strokes gained putting today. Byrson is a great putter. DJ came in about 140th in strokes gained putting. Pretty average round otherwise, he's gonna be faded by me.

Rahms usually a solid putter....was awful today; lead field in strokes gained tee to green.
Xander was really good outside of putting
Webb is a great putter that was below average putting today
Berger was great outside of putting but he's not a great putter (has been solid this year)
Cantaly was really solid. He keeps struggling thurs/frid...if anything like last week he goes low tomorrow.
Wolff played outstanding. His putter held him back first 2 days
Fineau played really well
Morikawa was just on fire with putter, didn't play great otherwise
Brooks gained a stroke putting but was average in everything else
Rose really didn't play well
Scott didn't really play well

Tee to Green leaders through 3 rounds:
Casey
Wolff
Berger
Wiesberger
Champ

Tough pin placements sunday so Im sure the stars will keep shining

DJ and Koepka overpriced on win bets
Morikawa probably is as well
Scheffler way underpriced and I will consider a play on him. +1100

Don't see a whole lot of value otherwise.

DJ ain't fading tomorrow.

Not sure I agree with this. I’ve seen him fade a bunch of times on a Sunday with the lead. He tried his best to choke away Travelers. DJ gained a shit ton of strokes today putting. I’m a fan of his but I’m fearful of him tomorrow.

I don’t think Nick wanted Phil in the booth. There was tension there imo

110% there was. To the point where Faldo had to bring up his 7 majors. I think Phil made him look bad a few times but most of it was Faldo just being Faldo (dumb). It felt like Phil was taking out some frustrations for the players to me.

Phil was amazing in the booth today and I hope he ends up there when he’s done. Best part of the viewing experience today imo.

Not sure I agree with this. I’ve seen him fade a bunch of times on a Sunday with the lead. He tried his best to choke away Travelers. DJ gained a shit ton of strokes today putting. I’m a fan of his but I’m fearful of him tomorrow.

I get it..I think it comes down to him, brooks, bryson and Morikowa....Champ is a wildcard, never seen him in contention on Sunday.

DJ has been really consistent all week.

DJ ain't fading tomorrow.

Maybe not.

But, he hasnt hit the ball that well this tourney (he's only 1.72 strokes gained tee to green). He's gained 2.72 strokes putting, which leads the field. FOr someone that hasn't been a good putter, thats surprising. Obviously in small samples anyone can get hot witht he putter. Predictive models give him about a 25% chance, which seems about right.

I like Scheffler. Koepka obviously gonna be in the running. Really anyone -4 or better has an outside shot. -6 or better has a decent shot. Xander still in it at -5.

Champ is so good off the tee that it really helps at this course. But, Sunday in a major and he's already not a great putter....thats a concern.

Wolff might have an outside shot if he drains some putts, he's played incredible all week.

I think the guys that are struggling off the tee (Morikawa, Rose, Day) could struggle because of the tee positions o Sunday.

110% there was. To the point where Faldo had to bring up his 7 majors. I think Phil made him look bad a few times but most of it was Faldo just being Faldo (dumb). It felt like Phil was taking out some frustrations for the players to me.

Phil was amazing in the booth today and I hope he ends up there when he’s done. Best part of the viewing experience today imo.
Faldo said something like "When you've won 7 majors you can comment" after Phil ribbed Faldo about his driving distance.

I like Nick but think Phil was excellent

* PS - Nick only has 6 majors

Last edited:
DJ is my only future on the leader board but I don't feel great about him closing it out. His putter was unreal yesterday and saved him a lot of strokes. If he can't repeat and doesn't get squared away off the tee there is too many studs in range....someone will shoot 66-67 unless the wind is real bad.

Casey +155 v Koepka has some value. If Brooksie doesn't have it today he could mail it in on the back 9 (totally a guess)

Wolff + 150 v Xander also worth a shot at that price.

Lean Rahm > Webb but I've already got some Rahm matchups I'll be sweating.

Same with Finau +130 > Gorilla

I have some horses today (Berger, Fleetwood, Finau) but objectively I don’t really feel good about any of them. Finau may have the best shot of those 3, which sounds weird to say. I think will put his all into this round so I could actually see him pulling it off. Fleetwood is another guy who never get its done so it’ll be interesting to see how those two respond.

The Brooks interview at the end of the round was telling. He basically has 0 respect for anyone up at the top other than DJ. And even though the guy is his “friend” he says “he only has 1.” Such a douche, but I still think he wins. He feeds off this type of energy more than the rest of those guys. With that being said, I have $0 invested in him and hope he totally blows it. Also to see his interview after if he does.

Casey 16-1 and Berger 20-1 would be my DJ hedges but I'm going to sit out and agonize him blowing it. Should be fun.

For example, bunkers with little sand in them, keep your weight forward to get more dig with the club head......never heard of that. That was worth his time on air right there.
I noticed that too actually. This exact part

and I don’t really fancy myself a golfer and found it interesting

This is gonna seem silly but the guy who putts the best is gonna win. DJs day was probably yesterday. Phil was talking about how easy the greens are to make putts if you’re rolling it well. Someone from behind is gonna catch fire with the flat stick and steal this thing.

This is gonna seem silly but the guy who putts the best is gonna win. DJs day was probably yesterday. Phil was talking about how easy the greens are to make putts if you’re rolling it well. Someone from behind is gonna catch fire with the flat stick and steal this thing.
Yup...

I just want one of 11 guys to win..

Such great storylines today in so many directions...

DJ
Brooks
Tony
Casey
Beefcake
Sheffler
And many more...all have a great story to it.

Fun day coming.

Final 5 or 6 pairs just look great

Last few hours of coverage today should be riveting

2-1 yesterday

Today:

Champ +130 over Morikowa

Bryson -145 over Finau

Adding

Hadwin -135 over McCarthy

Looking at a few matchups today but not locked anything in yet..
Dahmen over Si Woo
Berger over Tommy Boy
Day over Rose

You guys are underestimating dj.

It’s all going to come down to his putter. If he can putt half as good as he did yesterday, he has a great chance. I just have my doubts based on his inconsistent putting over the last year, and factoring in all of the company he has coming in the rearview mirror.

It’s all going to come down to his putter. If he can putt half as good as he did yesterday, he has a great chance. I just have my doubts based on his inconsistent putting over the last year, and factoring in all of the company he has coming in the rearview mirror.

He's got experience in these. I personally think he will be ok. Lot of good ones breathing down neck for sure but he's got the confidence.

It's my least favorite.....:shake: He's an Aggie but from Sacramento CA. Morikowa has played course a lot, but liked the +130. Be fun to watch this one. Also, both have a shot to win.

1596997439609.png

I think DJ gets it done

Last edited:
Speith said he and Palmer were discussing that there may be some low scores on the back today

Back