Anyway, I expect things to get very interesting when Kemp makes it back...assuming that'll be in the next 1-2 weeks. If they can go on a nice run prior to the All-Star break I think they have a great shot in the 2nd half. Still sitting just 8 games back and we all know that's nothing at this stage of the season. Hanley has to stay healthy though, no more in and out of the lineup.

Update:
16 games played
62 at bats

.452 BA (#1 in the majors)
6 HR's (1 every 10 AB's, same as ML leader Chris Davis)
12 RBI (1 every 5 AB's, top 10 in all of baseball)
12 runs scored (1 every 5 AB's, top 10 in all of baseball)

205 thread posts (#1 in the majors for personalized player threads in CTG MLB forum)

But, I agree with Tide High...he needs to steal more bags. Just 2 steals so far (1 every 8 games played). A guy with his speed should be averaging at least 1 steal every 3 to 4 games.

Put it to you guys like this...

When you have 3 (Kemp, Hanley, Crawford) of your top 4 everyday players/hitters (Kemp, Hanley, Crawford, Gonzalez) OUT of the lineup more than they are IN the lineup (not to mention the injuries to the pitching staff), your team is not going to win many ballgames. I think the Dodgers are lucky to have won as many games as they have with such a depleted roster.

I challenge you guys to name me one other team that has dealt with anything close to what the Dodgers have this season with injuries (having 3 of their top 4 everyday players/hitters out of the lineup more than they've been in).

updates on those injuries? If healthy and 8.5 games back or whatever it is now ... a to win the world series future wouldn't be a bad tiny investment.

im just messin with yall.

year 1 is always more difficult/frustrating. even if everyone was healthy. expectations were sky high.

updates on those injuries? If healthy and 8.5 games back or whatever it is now ... a to win the world series future wouldn't be a bad tiny investment.

Exactly... 8.5 games ain't shit at this point in the season. Not a bad idea at all with that future, Kyle.

Injury updates:

Kemp - expected to begin 3-4 game rehab assignment early next week, should be back in lineup in about a week during Phillies series

Crawford - he's about a week behind Kemp progress-wise, roughly 2 weeks is when he should be back

The key for all 3 guys will be to STAY healthy, especially Hanley based on his recent history.

Last edited:

When you have 3 (Kemp, Hanley, Crawford) of your top 4 everyday players/hitters (Kemp, Hanley, Crawford, Gonzalez) OUT of the lineup more than they are IN the lineup (not to mention the injuries to the pitching staff), your team is not going to win many ballgames. I think the Dodgers are lucky to have won as many games as they have with such a depleted roster.

I challenge you guys to name me one other team that has dealt with anything close to what the Dodgers have this season with injuries (having 3 of their top 4 everyday players/hitters out of the lineup more than they've been in).

Agreed. The only other team would be the Yankees, and they probably have had it worse than the Dodgers. They lost Jeter, A Rod, Granderson, and Texiera for most of the season up to this point. That's pretty much the meat of their lineup outside of Cano.

Still waiting on the MVP, Matt Kemp............and Carl Crawford

Boston is still waiting for Crawford as well. The Dodgers may be waiting quite a bit longer for the real Crawford to show up. lol

He should have never left TB. Karma seems to be a bitch for him.

Boston is still waiting for Crawford as well. The Dodgers may be waiting quite a bit longer for the real Crawford to show up. lol

He should have never left TB. Karma seems to be a bitch for him.

Crawford has been fantastic this year for the Dodgers when he's been IN the lineup.

lol @ karma

dude signed with the team that offered him the most money. why would there be any karma

puig had the best at bet of the season to get that two run single, to me more impressive than any homer hit, he was completely fooled, down 0-2 and reaches out of the zone and pokes one to left. amazing.

lol @ karma

dude signed with the team that offered him the most money. why would there be any karma

karma is one of the most abused words in the history of words. tampon couldnt afford the guy like so many others, so he took his contract and ran to boston. we all would.

Another great win tonight, just 6 back now...

Down 4-3 in the 7th that Puig at bat was amazing, 2-run single, GWRBI.

Then Kemp was equally amazing imo in the 8th, single-handedly produced the insurance run (which brought home the cash for CKR and followers with Dodgers RL)... Kemp singles, steals 2nd, steals 3rd, scores either 1 or 2 pitches later on sac fly. That's Kemp as the player us Dodger fans have known and loved since he got called up.

I hope this run with a healthy lineup (still just missing Crawford) is simply setting the tone for the rest of the season... Ethier even seems to be getting back into the swing of things.

2 outs too. So clutch.

Gonna be weird once CC is back but it'll be a good problem to have. Wish puig could play 3rd.

anything close? : Rangers. Colby Lewis, Matt Harrison, Alexi Ogando, Martin Perez. could argue starting pitchers in texas are worth more to that team than they would to others w/that ballpark and that heat.

Like the Rangers the injuries were in the pitching but losing 2 of your top 3 starters and a innings eater + closer + shortstop is significant. I think it just depends on where a club has depth in the minors as to what injuries have a greater impact.

Cards - SP Chris Carpenter, Jaime Garcia, Jake Westbrook
Closer Jason Motte
Starting Shortstop - Rafael Furcal

Not as bad either but the Reds have had their share.

Ludwick- best RH power bat and cleanup hitter for the entire season
Sean Marshall and Jonathan Broxton- both setup guys
Johnny Cueto- DL'd twice
Chris Heisey - 4th OF and RH replacement for Ludwick for 2 months

edit to remove the un needed comprehension part

Cmon Jump....

Ludwick? Heisey?

Kemp, Hanley, Crawford

Just not even in the same ballpark.
lol...I said not as bad twice in this thread as Dodgers injuries...just discussing other teams with injuries..

Once again, The Dodgers win for having the most/worst injuries. Other teams have had significant injuries as well, but not as bad as the Dodgers. They have had the worst of it.

In theory though, having one of the biggest payrolls in baseball should allow them to withstand more injuries than most.

I know, I read that part...I hear you. But saying "not as bad" just doesn't cut it. It's not even remotely close. Seriously, Ludwick and Heisey? You might have better replacements on the pine or in the farm anyway.

Ludwick is the Reds best RH bat...and their four hole hitter...had .286 26 and 80 last year....those might have led the dodgers in all three catagories without looking it up...saying that's an irrelevant injury is absurd and lazy..just signed 12 million a year extension in the offseason and got 2 AB this year..

Ceuto damn near won the Cy last year...losing him twice to the DL was skipped over I see...

The bullpen was Reds strength and now possibly is their biggest weakness, which links to directly losing the best two guys sans 54.

And Heisey was only mentioned because he was the 4th OF and 2 months is pretty significant when the LF is already out six months.

Not the name power or quite as bad as LAD, but it's significant and one of the reasons the Reds have fallen well below expectation.

Like the Rangers the injuries were in the pitching but losing 2 of your top 3 starters and a innings eater + closer + shortstop is significant. I think it just depends on where a club has depth in the minors as to what injuries have a greater impact.

Closer Jason Motte
its amazing what they've done really

Ludwick is the Reds best RH bat...and their four hole hitter...had .286 26 and 80 last year....those might have led the dodgers in all three catagories without looking it up...saying that's an irrelevant injury is absurd and lazy..just signed 12 million a year extension in the offseason and got 2 AB this year..

Ceuto damn near won the Cy last year...losing him twice to the DL was skipped over I see...

The bullpen was Reds strength and now possibly is their biggest weakness, which links to directly losing the best two guys sans 54.

And Heisey was only mentioned because he was the 4th OF and 2 months is pretty significant when the LF is already out six months.

Not the name power or quite as bad as LAD, but it's significant and one of the reasons the Reds have fallen well below expectation.

Lol I simply countered with a similar exaggeration with my last statement...

I skipped over Cueto and the pitching since I see Cueto and Greinke basically canceling each other out.

Last edited:

Closer Jason Motte

the cards call-ups have been amazing, and i agree their injuries have been a lot. but my argument was that pitching in texas might mean more to them than maybe a greinke, or a hanley ramirez does to LA.

Back