So now, in just 5 games Puig is tied for 4th on the team in homers after hitting his 4th hr tonight.

Oh, forgot to mention...the Dodgers have now won 4 out of 5, so yeah, with Puig in the lineup the Dodgers are 4-1, and, he's pretty much carried the team in those 5 games.

Oh, forgot to mention...the Dodgers have now won 4 out of 5, so yeah, with Puig in the lineup the Dodgers are 4-1, and, he's pretty much carried the team in those 5 games.

There might be a little Asian fella you could thank for last nights game as well. Puig is playing out of his mind and will be a great addition to the lineup but if you look into it he has made some mental and physical mistakes that have cost em as well...In their lone loss with Puig in the lineup they got behind early on his throwing error. He will strike out a bit more once teams figure him with a little more time. If you wonder how I came up with this theory, does anyone know how many walks MR Puig has recieved in his first 5 games? Better yet does anyone know how many 3 ball counts the kid has even seen? Does anyone know how many at bats he has had longer than 4 pitches?...The kid will have to tone down the swing happy stuff eventually but it is fun to watch and he has put a charge in the Dodgers ass that hasnt been there in a good bit

There might be a little Asian fella you could thank for last nights game as well.

Absolutely. No doubt. Greinke was pretty decent Thursday night too (7 ip, 0 er, 4 h, 7 k)...I should've clarified myself. He's carried the team offensively. What an exciting player to watch as well.

There might be a little Asian fella you could thank for last nights game as well. Puig is playing out of his mind and will be a great addition to the lineup but if you look into it he has made some mental and physical mistakes that have cost em as well...In their lone loss with Puig in the lineup they got behind early on his throwing error. He will strike out a bit more once teams figure him with a little more time. If you wonder how I came up with this theory, does anyone know how many walks MR Puig has recieved in his first 5 games? Better yet does anyone know how many 3 ball counts the kid has even seen? Does anyone know how many at bats he has had longer than 4 pitches?...The kid will have to tone down the swing happy stuff eventually but it is fun to watch and he has put a charge in the Dodgers ass that hasnt been there in a good bit

As for the "swing happy stuff"... Seemed to work out ok for a guy named Vladimir Guerrero. Another "swing happy" guy (who was famous for swinging at the first pitch) who had a career swing % of 59% (meaning he swung at 59% of pitches), Puig is currently at 58%.

Yasiel Puig » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=14225&position=OF

Vladimir Guerrero » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=778&position=OF

I was telling a friend of mine he reminds a bit of Vlady. He has a very similar arm and gung ho approach at the plate.

Bit of a controversial move from Donnie Baseball for tonight's game...

Puig will hit in the clean-up spot tonight, behind A-Gonz in the 3 hole.

Obviously Mattingly wants protection for Gonzalez, but, Puig is clearly very comfortable in the lead-off spot. So, we'll see what happens. Hopefully Puig doesn't skip a beat.

Bit of a controversial move from Donnie Baseball for tonight's game...

Puig will hit in the clean-up spot tonight, behind A-Gonz in the 3 hole.

Obviously Mattingly wants protection for Gonzalez, but, Puig is clearly very comfortable in the lead-off spot. So, we'll see what happens. Hopefully Puig doesn't skip a beat.

I don't like it at all. I have not been real critical this season in regards to Donnie's managing as I don't feel like its his fault that they have not faired well. I don't like putting Puig in clean up here. I think they should be doing everything in their power to take the pressure off this kid. Even if he doesn't feel the pressure. This team has plenty of stars that they can hitch their wagon to, they should be just letting the kid play baseball and not over think shit. It's inevitable that with the media crush people are going to start thinking this kid is a savior but its the managers job to just put him in situations where he can continue to just be a baseball player.

I'm pretty skeptical myself, CDS... I like to go with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory, but,I'm gonna hope for the best here. I'd prefer he keep him at lead-off though. Who knows? Maybe he'll be even better hitting behind A-Gonz.

the key for the dodgers resurgence is my cousin is tearing the cover off the ball finally....well in only the way he can lol

Your best hitter's been batting leadoff and it's been paying dividends? I've heard this somewhere before, can't place it.

Any of you fellow Dodger fans watching tonight wanna in-game? Excited I get to watch this series here on FS Arizona...

I'm tuned in KK. Not sure how long my eyes'll be open. Puig on deck.

he can hit for avg, problem is he just has never got a chance to play for a full season of ABs cuz his power is just not there. its been frustrating for him to get a rhythm. the fact he has made it this long though with two sweet teams is pretty cool, glad to see him hitting well the last few weeks. he loves being back home playing in front of his fam.

i literally find myself staying up late to watch dodger games now for puig, did sometimes when skip played but now i cant go to bed for fear i might miss something with the kid.

Dodgers just got robbed, horrible horrible call at 1st...replay showed he was safe by a mile, wasn't even close. Instead of bases loaded with 1 out, now 2nd/3rd with 2 outs.

Last edited:
agreed, obvious missed call there, horrid if it costs them here, dude is a minor league ump too i heard and its his first game, basically told Don he missed the call, how is that possible

haha kk

i'll never get nor take part in a dbacks fan thread, so i get this instead. fwiw, no action on the game, usually will bet against em but not on em

just want the W

haha kk

i'll never get nor take part in a dbacks fan thread, so i get this instead. fwiw, no action on the game, usually will bet against em but not on em

just want the W

That's what I usually do with the Dodgers too but I was feelin it for tonight... I guess I shoulda known Brandon League would give up 4 runs in the 9th

Jansen should be closer.. I've been saying it all season...

Stupid Mattingly..

One thing I just thought of...

If Puig was still hitting leadoff he would've come up in the 9th down 1 with 1st/3rd, no outs...at cleanup, he was on deck when Gonzalez tapped back to the pitcher for the final out of the game.(and this falls right into the hands of tips theory)

Joel Luckhaupt@jluckhaupt<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">5m</small>
Top OPS thru 1st 8 games since 1950:J.Bruce (1.614)M.Page (1.524)S.Horn (1.485)Craig Wilson (1.462)A.Davis (1.453)Y.Puig (1.453)

Back