One thing I just thought of...

If Puig was still hitting leadoff he would've come up in the 9th down 1 with 1st/3rd, no outs...at cleanup, he was on deck when Gonzalez tapped back to the pitcher for the final out of the game.(and this falls right into the hands of tips theory)

mlb scouts are split on this new theory, batting your best player 2nd. sports illustrated has really pressed this issue in their last mag and in the baseball preview. they say your best hitter should hit 2nd and teams are tinkering with it...i.e trout, hamilton now, bautista etc. plus it gives a guy 4 more games a year of abs.

fucksakes, he just got 4 strikes against kennedy and couldn't make it happen...pitchers are gonna learn alot about this guy and thrive

he will be fun to watch at times but will kill you as a fan. kinda like vlad

right on cue in re: to best hitter batting 2nd....punto hitting 2nd strikes out with bases full...adrian and puig just watching.

tonight the final out in chicago came down to the #2 hole for toronto down a run...its joey bats new spot since may...joe bats hit a solo homer to tie the game that the jays went on to win.

fucksakes, he just got 4 strikes against kennedy and couldn't make it happen...pitchers are gonna learn alot about this guy and thrive

he will be fun to watch at times but will kill you as a fan. kinda like vlad

good to see kennedy pitching better tonight...one of my fantasy draft busts but always thought he would right the ship, coming off that disaster in st louis its good to see this, even at the expense of greinke and a gon who i currently employ

Good old NL West style game

Chicken shit move by Kennedy throwing at the opposing pitchers head. There has got to be unwritten rules about tossing one at the pitcher in revenge.

Big Mac wanted a piece of someone big time in that mess, as did Puig.

so upon further review, uribe and belisario were the aggressors, yet turner fuckin ward gets tossed. makes sense...

as a giants fan once learned, don't cross LA

in fairness to the umps, they have no idea who to toss, mlb will have to sort it out, unless something was blatant they could see (guess they didnt see belisario). they have 50 plus roid heads shoving each other like 2nd graders around a ball field.

its always the hispanic pitcher too kicking guys or doing something cheap...cueto and julian tavarez come to mind. always cheap.

amsinger said it best about the tug of war between big mac, gibby, matt will, trammel and donnie, "this is like a fantasy brawl", classic line.

i dont think there is much more cowardice in the sports world then throwing a hard object 90 plus mph at someone's head/face etc. i would kill someone, the restrain these guys show is uncanny

remember the bill ripken error card that had a swear word on it (bottom of his bat), it was such a big deal to get back in the day

lost in all this is why idiot don mattingly didnt hit for greinke if he was pulling him in the 8th. i realize zack can hit, but its like sending the guy into a firing squad. makes zero sense if you are trying to protect your second ace who was already gone for a month with a broken collarbone from a previous brawl.

stupid stupid stupid

remember the bill ripken error card that had a swear word on it (bottom of his bat), it was such a big deal to get back in the day

yup I remember it was like the grail of cards for a while. It said like fuck off or fuck face or something.

now they are showing footage of kershaw dusting kennedy a few years ago lol

this is baseball

Last edited:
yup I remember it was like the grail of cards for a while. It said like fuck off or fuck face or something.
a team mate played a joke on him and wrote fuck face on the bottom of his bat, when it was noticed they stopped production of card and later released the same card w/ the fuck face blocked out making the original error cards pretty rare and giving them good value back in the day. I think i may have one of each error and corrected somewhere, prolly not worth much as industry took a hit but funny story and only reason any Billy Ripken card would have any value, lol.

$T2eC16JHJHsFGlESrmgSBRp2w,,ivQ~~60_57.JPG

a team mate played a joke on him and wrote fuck face on the bottom of his bat, when it was noticed they stopped production of card and later released the same card w/ the fuck face blocked out making the original error cards pretty rare and giving them good value back in the day. I think i may have one of each error and corrected somewhere, prolly not worth much as industry took a hit but funny story and only reason any Billy Ripken card would have any value, lol.

$T2eC16JHJHsFGlESrmgSBRp2w,,ivQ~~60_57.JPG

Shit, beat me to it. Just saw this. Nice work, p2w.

Wow just got back, had to wait in a very long line to get a beach chair..

That was a crazy fun game to attend.. Not sure if you saw dudes throwing empty beer cans on the field..

that would have been to be at the game, the only game where i've been to where something like this remotely close to happening was maybe 10 years ago when I went to Comiskey Park and watch the chicago series....I saw a fan throw another fan head first down the steps of his section..unreal..

I miss old school baseball; after puig got hit, you knew Montero was goign to get plunked. What irks me is that Kennedy thought it wasn't right for Greinke to hit Montero...you hit one of their players, especially what the organization and fans deem the next coming, you're goign to get plunked..Greinke did it right, plunk him in the numbers so it's not a big deal after that, it's a dead point, you got your tit for tat..then you get the clown pitching at the head of Greinke...

from last year

<iframe src="http://wapc.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=21444785&width=400&height=224&property=mlb" frameborder="0" height="224" width="400">Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

more importantly, this little get together just brought back shades of the '88 world series with big mac and gibby going at it...

gotta leave the head shots out of it though, although with kennedy's command this year i'm not really sure he hit his spot

Yasiel Puig after 15 games:

.474 BA
.500 OBP
.789 SLG
.1289 OPS

5 HR's
11 RBI's

10 multiple hit games!!!

Scored at least one run in 9 out of the 15 games.

With Hanley back in and swinging a good bat, that first 4 looks solid. Gonna change my capping of the Dodgers, definitely. And Puig is a fugging beast.

Back