Actually (had to look it up)...Dbacks had a 9.5 game lead just one week ago.

Since last Saturday (6/22):

Dbacks 1-6
Dodgers 7-1

Made up 5.5 games in one week.

Dodgers gonna only lose at most 12 more games the rest of the year and win the division by 15-20 games, obviously :p

Actually (had to look it up)...Dbacks had a 9.5 game lead just one week ago.

Since last Saturday (6/22):

Dbacks 1-6
Dodgers 7-1

Made up 5.5 games in one week.

look up last time dbags had a starting pitcher pick up a W. that shit will blow your mind.. wouldnt feel good at all if i was a dbag fan, none of these shitbag west teams buried lad when they had the chance and now it dodgers div to lose already.. if kemp would get hurt again and crawford come back sky would be the limit, since puig arrival ive found myself watchin a lot of lad baseball, hanley looks like the stud of old. only problem is that center fielder out there stealing money, didnt realize how worthless kemp was until he pledged to donate a whole 1k per hr to tornado victims! even worse is it appears he rather not hit them than pay a few bucks, not sure whether he looks like he gives a shit less when he staring at strike 3s like he retarded or when he fielding a short fly ball and actually forces the guy on 3rd who wasnt even tagging to go ahead and take the freebee!

look up last time dbags had a starting pitcher pick up a W. that shit will blow your mind.. wouldnt feel good at all if i was a dbag fan, none of these shitbag west teams buried lad when they had the chance and now it dodgers div to lose already.. if kemp would get hurt again and crawford come back sky would be the limit, since puig arrival ive found myself watchin a lot of lad baseball, hanley looks like the stud of old. only problem is that center fielder out there stealing money, didnt realize how worthless kemp was until he pledged to donate a whole 1k per hr to tornado victims! even worse is it appears he rather not hit them than pay a few bucks, not sure whether he looks like he gives a shit less when he staring at strike 3s like he retarded or when he fielding a short fly ball and actually forces the guy on 3rd who wasnt even tagging to go ahead and take the freebee!

Yeah I follow Dbacks pretty closely as they are the "local" team here, and, I have Corbin on all 4 fantasy teams.....but anyway, my buddy is a huge Dbacks fan and he mentioned this to me last night, I think he said AZ starters haven't won a start in 21 or 23 straight starts (gonna have to look that up). That's just nuts.

As far as Hanley goes, funny you mention, gyno and I were just discussing him yesterday. Both of us love the way he's playing, and, you're absolutely right...he's looking like the stud of old. Hanley and Puig both are absolutely killing it right now, but, Puig is getting all the attention right now with "Puig-Mania" in full effect.

If Kemp can turn the corner and perform like the MVP that he is...my gawd, this lineup would be absolutely lethal right now. Down to 6th in the lineup yesterday.

look up last time dbags had a starting pitcher pick up a W. that shit will blow your mind..

Just looked it up...

Wade Miley's win @ St Louis back on June 5th was the last time an AZ starter got a W. 22 straight starts without a W.

I got no clue why in the hell we would want Marmol...but, if we get him for pennies on the dollar (which it sounds like we will), I guess a change of scenery certainly couldn't hurt for him. Closer role is locked up anyway. I could only see him as a situational type middle reliever.

league last year, marmol this year.. WTF Dodgers, who needs these reject closers?

#Cubs: Carlos Marmol-P: Cubs closing in on deal to send Carlos Marmol to Dodgers http://bit.ly/14JfIAk

My first reaction to this was WTF? Then I looked into it a bit more and I've decided that it can't hurt. The dodgers are basically getting him for free, only having to assume a portion of the 5 mil that the cubs owe him by most accounts. He was a pretty elite level reliever just a couple years ago and he is only 30. If a change of scenery can help him find his form its a win. If not they let him go. The pen needs all the help they can get at this point.

I haven't looked at his numbers against other contenders, but obv the Reds are a team they are competing against for that second wild card, and Marmol has tremendous numbers against Votto, Phillips and Bruce. I know Phillips is 3-19 and Votto is 2-18 with double digit K's...maybe they are thinking he helps them win a game against someone he's seen a bunch and it's worth the risk.

50-30 or better works for me... 60-20? That would be unreal. But, 50-30 to 55-25 certainly doable. Staying healthy the key, of course.

Me thinks you guys are jumping the gun. They're 9-1 in 10 games. Nothing any team can't pull out of it's ass when the stars align (I remember a shitty SD team a number of years back reeling off 14 straight, only to slip back into old ways once the stars stopped shining). That isn't to say what's happening isn't "for real", but a couple of quick observations -

(1) SF has enough class not to stay as cold as they are forever. Bad news for LA is they have them 7 times near the end of the season, only 3 times on deck coming up shortly, so LA's streak of good form isn't going to benefit much from getting SF while cold.

(2) 2 is the same as 1, except it applies to the D-Bags: they're cold too, but LA has 7 games with them late in the season, only 3 coming up soon, so again LA likely misses out on getting a whole lot of games out of the way against a major rival while that rival is cold (& that's if they're still cold at the time - these coming 3 games are far enough away that AZ has enough time to catch alight before they take place).

If the stars were truly aligning for LA, they'd have a ton of games against both SF & AZ immediately on deck while those teams are as cold as ice; what games they do have coming up are all on the road, in consecutive series (SF gets to suck the wind out of them, then the D-Bags benefit).

While there's also a heap of games against Boston, Tampa, Saint Louis and Cincinnati, I think it'll be found that how they do in those 14 games late vs SF & AZ decides who finishes where in the division. Those 14 games are only broken up by 1 road series @SD. It's a brutal stretch of scheduling.

Yasiel Puig is garnering serious All-Star consideration thanks to an outstanding month that has helped turn around the Los Angeles Dodgers' season.
<!-- begin inline 1 --><!-- INLINE QUOTE-BOX MODULE -->
i
The guy's got a month, I don't even think he's got a month in the big leagues. Just comparing him to this and that, and saying he's going to make the All-Star team, that's a joke to me.
” <CITE>-- Jonathan Papelbon on Yasiel Puig's All-Star candidacy</CITE>​
<!-- END INLINE QUOTE-BOX MODULE --><!-- end inline 1 -->But Jonathan Papelbon, for one, apparently thinks including Puig on the National League All-Star team would be a big mistake.
"To me, it's an absolute joke," Papelbon told MLB Network Radio when asked about Puig's All-Star candidacy. "It's really kind of stupid if you ask me."
The 22-year-old Puig has taken the majors by storm since debuting with the Dodgers on June 2, batting .443 with eight home runs and 17 RBIs in 27 games, including three more hits and a home run on Tuesday.
The Dodgers have gone 15-11 since Puig's arrival, rebounding from a rough start to climb back into contention in the NL West.
But Papelbon, who reportedly struggled to pronounce Puig's name correctly during his interview with MLB Network Radio, believes that the Cuban outfielder has not played in the majors long enough to warrant an All-Star spot.
<!-- start podcast -->
[h=4]SVP & Russillo[/h]
ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian weighs in on Yasiel Puig's emergence, the recent success of Chris Davis and the Orioles, Alex Rodriguez's rehab assignment and more.
More Podcasts »

<!-- end podcast -->"The guy's got a month, I don't even think he's got a month in the big leagues," Papelbon said during the interview. "Just comparing him to this and that, and saying he's going to make the All-Star team, that's a joke to me.
"It's just really what happens in baseball when … to me it really does an injustice to the veteran players that have been in the game for eight-, nine-, 10-plus years. It kind of does them an injustice because they've worked so hard to stay there."
A nine-year veteran and five-time All-Star, Papelbon has a 2.05 ERA and 15 saves this season. The Philadelphia Phillies closer did not pitch against the Dodgers this past weekend, when Puig went 7-for-16 and scored five runs

With all these divisions, medicority is bound to be rewarded on a regular basis. But, I applaud the Dodgers for making the move to Puig and snapping out of their funk.

50-30 or better works for me... 60-20? That would be unreal. But, 50-30 to 55-25 certainly doable. Staying healthy the key, of course.

In this post, KK refuses to get carried away. He's tempering expectations to a modest 20 to 30 games over the rest of the way.

I'm just saying what a difference 9 days make..

Almost 10 back, now almost 2 back...

In this post, KK refuses to get carried away. He's tempering expectations to a modest 20 to 30 games over the rest of the way.

Lol...I thought you easterners would enjoy that post when you woke up this morning.

I thought I'd throw in the 60-20 and 55-25 for fun...but, 50-30, why not? If the Pirates can do it, why not the Dodgers?

Last edited:
i thought we settled on 12 losses for the rest of the year. anyways. moving on, i have no dodgers on my fantasy baseball team.

go my fantasy baseball team!

Got your answer on Marmol...just wanted the opportunity to spend more money.

Peter Gammons@pgammo<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">9s</small>
Turns out the Dodgers only wanted the Int'l cap $, as they designated Marmol for aassignment

Hate these title changes.. So fucking lame.

This run isn't all about puig, hanley has been a major help as well.

sounds like marmol getting DFA'd is actually just part of the process to send him to the minors.

highlights from last night

<iframe src='http://wapc.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=28546691&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Yasiel Puig is garnering serious All-Star consideration thanks to an outstanding month that has helped turn around the Los Angeles Dodgers' season.
<!-- begin inline 1 --><!-- INLINE QUOTE-BOX MODULE -->
i
The guy's got a month, I don't even think he's got a month in the big leagues. Just comparing him to this and that, and saying he's going to make the All-Star team, that's a joke to me.
” <CITE>-- Jonathan Papelbon on Yasiel Puig's All-Star candidacy</CITE>​
<!-- END INLINE QUOTE-BOX MODULE --><!-- end inline 1 -->But Jonathan Papelbon, for one, apparently thinks including Puig on the National League All-Star team would be a big mistake.
"To me, it's an absolute joke," Papelbon told MLB Network Radio when asked about Puig's All-Star candidacy. "It's really kind of stupid if you ask me."
The 22-year-old Puig has taken the majors by storm since debuting with the Dodgers on June 2, batting .443 with eight home runs and 17 RBIs in 27 games, including three more hits and a home run on Tuesday.
The Dodgers have gone 15-11 since Puig's arrival, rebounding from a rough start to climb back into contention in the NL West.
But Papelbon, who reportedly struggled to pronounce Puig's name correctly during his interview with MLB Network Radio, believes that the Cuban outfielder has not played in the majors long enough to warrant an All-Star spot.
<!-- start podcast -->
SVP & Russillo

ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian weighs in on Yasiel Puig's emergence, the recent success of Chris Davis and the Orioles, Alex Rodriguez's rehab assignment and more.
More Podcasts »

<!-- end podcast -->"The guy's got a month, I don't even think he's got a month in the big leagues," Papelbon said during the interview. "Just comparing him to this and that, and saying he's going to make the All-Star team, that's a joke to me.
"It's just really what happens in baseball when … to me it really does an injustice to the veteran players that have been in the game for eight-, nine-, 10-plus years. It kind of does them an injustice because they've worked so hard to stay there."
A nine-year veteran and five-time All-Star, Papelbon has a 2.05 ERA and 15 saves this season. The Philadelphia Phillies closer did not pitch against the Dodgers this past weekend, when Puig went 7-for-16 and scored five runs

nope

The great part is all these idiots showing their outrage as tho Puig isnt about to crush the wild card voting

Back