Official Trade Deadline Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Time of year for major trade talks eh?

Yanks reportedly submitted major offer for Manny (not Ramirez). Can that team seriously get any more stacked?

Time of year for major trade talks eh?

Yanks reportedly submitted major offer for Manny (not Ramirez). Can that team seriously get any more stacked?

Doesn’t have 1 player sniffing .300 and plenty of pitching issues. They NEED Machado to stabilize that lineup. Too many automatic outs.

Doyers getting Machado!!
:abouttime:
We still need a ton of help pitching.

I don’t have much faith sending out Rich Hill or Alex Wood behind Kershaw. Maeda and Stripling have held it down this season but still worries me a ton. Buehler had a decent run of games till he too got hurt.

Julio Urias on track and suppose to be pitching in 4-6 weeks but who knows how he will fare in a pennant race.

Don’t bungle it like last year being cheap and settling for Yu versus Verlander.

Bridge to Jansen remains another gaping hole.

Machado to me is a big big bet after the flop, but if we really are going all in this year, push all the chips in & get some more quality arms!!!

Makes sense for Dodgers, especially if you can resign him. Will get Seager back next year too.

Just heard on ESPN LA, bob nightengale saying Machado wants and always wanted to be a Yankees. Grew up idolizing Alex Rodriguez so we shall see if we can resign him.

With Seager coming off Tommy John surgery, they say they may move him to 2nd and try to resign Manny. But who really knows..

Just heard on ESPN LA, bob nightengale saying Machado wants and always wanted to be a Yankees. Grew up idolizing Alex Rodriguez so we shall see if we can resign him.

With Seager coming off Tommy John surgery, they say they may move him to 2nd and try to resign Manny. But who really knows..
Ironically enough, his idol was gracious enough to move over to 3B when he became a Yankee, even though he was a far better SS than Jeter, coming off an MVP year. A lot of people disliked ARod, but I always liked him (I hate the Yankees, ftr).
Machado on the other hand has stated he is refusing to move positions, kind of a huge bitch move, imo. Dodgers do need him more this year than the Yankees, who most desperately need pitching, but if I were a Dodgers fan, I'd rather have Seager.
The funny thing is Machado is by WAR metric a better defensive 3B than SS.

Doyers getting Machado!!
:abouttime:
We still need a ton of help pitching.

I don’t have much faith sending out Rich Hill or Alex Wood behind Kershaw. Maeda and Stripling have held it down this season but still worries me a ton. Buehler had a decent run of games till he too got hurt.

Julio Urias on track and suppose to be pitching in 4-6 weeks but who knows how he will fare in a pennant race.

Don’t bungle it like last year being cheap and settling for Yu versus Verlander.

Bridge to Jansen remains another gaping hole.

Machado to me is a big big bet after the flop, but if we really are going all in this year, push all the chips in & get some more quality arms!!!

What quality arms are even available if deGrom and Syndergaard are not out there. Happ isn't a difference maker and I don't think anyone else available is unless there is a guy not rumored that gets moved.

Manny has been the worst defensive shortstop in baseball this year. He keeps insisting that he is a shortstop but he is really a third baseman. I am happy that my Brewers didn't send good prospects for a rental but it makes sense for a deep pocketed team like the Dodgers.

Asdrubral Cabrera is my number one target for the Brewers. He is a rental so he shouldn't cost much and is a very good hitter. Hopefully the Brewers do what they did last year when they traded for rentals Neil Walker and Anthony Swarzak without giving up any real prospects.

What quality arms are even available if deGrom and Syndergaard are not out there. Happ isn't a difference maker and I don't think anyone else available is unless there is a guy not rumored that gets moved.

You’re correct as the pitching pool is pretty bleak.

Got to be deGrom.

Ironically enough, his idol was gracious enough to move over to 3B when he became a Yankee, even though he was a far better SS than Jeter, coming off an MVP year. A lot of people disliked ARod, but I always liked him (I hate the Yankees, ftr).
Machado on the other hand has stated he is refusing to move positions, kind of a huge bitch move, imo. Dodgers do need him more this year than the Yankees, who most desperately need pitching, but if I were a Dodgers fan, I'd rather have Seager.

The more I think about it, I’m almost sure Machado is a rental. I don’t see the Doyers paying him upwards of $300+ millions long term. Doesn’t fit their analytics program and building via prospects.

Good move for this season but I don’t think I would want to be the team on the hook w a mega deal for manny, don’t trust that guy at all and think after he gets the huge deal he be more of a headache than asset for a lot of those years. I could certainly be wrong, he certainly more than talented enough, just have my doubts about his character.

Good move for this season but I don’t think I would want to be the team on the hook w a mega deal for manny, don’t trust that guy at all and think after he gets the huge deal he be more of a headache than asset for a lot of those years. I could certainly be wrong, he certainly more than talented enough, just have my doubts about his character.

Like Ozuna you mean lol

Hate this time of year, local stl radio guys do nothing but make up bunch of pretend trades. This asshole dan wheeler has pretty much traded Carlos Martinez to every team for incredible packages ain’t nobody offering!! Lol

Lmao "experts" in love with their own voice

I am not familiar with the Dodgers system but do you have enough to get a deal like that done. Its going to cost 4 or 5 top prospects to get him.

We gave up 3 in our top 20 for Machado. So I’m not sure how much more prospects they would be willing to move for a top end starter.

On Dodgers talk, they keep saying Urias is close to coming back in a month or so which might make them less inclined to keep bleeding the farm.

Medicals holding finalization of Machado deal. Orioles known to do this. Deal likely should go through still but it has hit a snag.

Once Mejia trade is done, Padres will have 10 of Top 100 Prospects including the No. 2 prospect in the game.

2. Fernando Tatis Jr
13. MacKenzie Gore
15. Francisco Mejia
29. Luis Urias
32. Cal Quantrill
33. Michel Baez
42. Adrian Morejon
75. Anderson Espinoza (Injured)
95. Chris Paddack
97. Logan Allen

Some of them have to become stars

Must be so frustrating to be a Cards pitcher and get fucked over so many times by your teammates behind you

Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for reg season but if they happen to get in playoffs they will really be able to shorten a game, they already don’t lose when leading after 7, they could cut that back to 6th or even leading after 5!

As a Mets fan I'd be irate with the return for Familia

Most rental trades don't bring back much in return. Look at the pile of garbage that Detroit got for JD Martinez last year. This is why I think the Brewers can get 2 bats for practically nothing, then again we will probably barely be above .500 by the deadline so why bother.

Back