Official Trade Deadline Thread

Be curious to see what happens with Harvey, virtual lock the Reds put him on waivers and hope he clears so they can trade.

Harvey has very little money left on his contract so I doubt he will clear waivers. They screwed up big time not moving him unless they plan on resigning him.

Yeah I really didn't want them to or figured they even could do much. Team is fairly well constructed for the market, assume the move for Escobar means Lamb's injury isn't the 10-day DL type. Kinda loaded with versatile infielders now, adding three arms to a pen that has been very good, not sure the necessity for all that but I'm guessing it will work itself out.

Looks like kinda the trend for October is everyone looking to have a pen that can lock ya down after the freaking 5th. Games gonna be long! Lol

I guess cards plan is gonna be to try and beat everyone 1-0 for the next 5 years, lol. We do have a lot of young stud pitching but god do we need a truely impactful bat.

Looks like kinda the trend for October is everyone looking to have a pen that can lock ya down after the freaking 5th. Games gonna be long! Lol
And it sucks for the Dbacks that Walker went down, he was an innings eater...at this point Greinke and Corbin will, and I expect Ray to get a bit more comfy in the next couple months but hard to rely on Bucholz or Godley to even get through 5 consistently.

And it sucks for the Dbacks that Walker went down, he was an innings eater...at this point Greinke and Corbin will, and I expect Ray to get a bit more comfy in the next couple months but hard to rely on Bucholz or Godley to even get through 5 consistently.

Yea but shit now they prob don’t even have too. Maybe not the most talented of all the pens but surely it now the deepest.

Orioles' Dan Duquette: “I hear it’s easier to demolish the entire house and rebuild from the ground up rather than renovating one room at a time.”

This Orioles season has been like the episode of Game of Thrones where they all thought they were going to a wedding and instead were all axed.

Carp? Yadi? Ozuna? No?

Carp has to hit leadoff, he great and all but we need those kind of numbers in the 3 or 4 hole. Yadi perfectly fine for a catcher. I hoped it would be ozuna and still could be, just been a big disappointment. Even if ozuna becomes what his career arc was looking to be before this year when I look around at other contenders lineups I’m jealous. Maybe O’Neal will be that kind of bat he abusing triple a pitching, I see we playing him in center, I didnt expect that so maybe if that the plan the Pham trade makes a little sense (just eating Fowler’s money and cutting that bum would have been best move if they really cared bout winning and not money).

Yeahhhhh...just don't get the moves by Pittsburgh or Milwaukee. Dodgers made some big time moves. Worried about them.

Pirates also picked up Texas closer Kela today. I think management had to try & do something to prove they weren't content to finish .500 or below for the next 10 years. Attendance is down by 5,000 per game & fans were pissed when Cutch & Cole got traded, although, in my opinion, both had to go. Cutch is on a permanent downswing & Cole always got upset when things didn't go his way when he pitched here. He's pitching great for the Stro's, without the pressure of having to be the #1 guy. Meadows has the tools to be a stud, but I think Glasnow will never live up to the hype he had 2 years ago.

I don't understand why the Nats didn't go after Ramos, needing an obvious upgrade at catcher which would have been cheaply obtained.

Why did Yanks bother to get Lance Lynn

He's had a high 3's ERA for about 2 months now - argument is since he came into the season without much spring training, it took him a while to hit a groove.

Also dominant history against the Red Sox - getting him as a utility pitcher suggests the Yanks might be preparing for the option to fully bullpen some games in the playoffs.

He's had a high 3's ERA for about 2 months now - argument is since he came into the season without much spring training, it took him a while to hit a groove.

Also dominant history against the Red Sox - getting him as a utility pitcher suggests the Yanks might be preparing for the option to fully bullpen some games in the playoffs.

Against the Red Sox as constructed now? Seems like that lineup would eat up the lance Lynn I used to know throwing 80% low 90s fastballs.

I think Cole gets Warrens old role and Lynn will be there as rotation depth/long man. He is an upgrade over German. Yankees have to be concerned about Severino and Gray.

The best part of the deadline thread every year isn't the trades, it's all the posts where everyone either bags on their team or guys that used to play on their team lol

Yes, you must have missed his 10 rbi game....he is a Nat.
That's what I kinda thought, wonder if he still had a place in Baltimore lol....guy could never unpack his bags

He's good for a couple of monster games...but those Ks with guys on 1st n 3rd/no outs were obviously frustrating, but quite as much as when he'd later hit a solo bomb in the 9th down 5

Back