NHL 2nd Round - In-Games

well it is 20 years ago today the berlin wall started to tumble

One of us has to go 0-3 today, Santa. Not cool.

And I'm not all that keen on 0-2-1 either.

well it is 20 years ago today the berlin wall started to tumble

One of us has to go 0-3 today, Santa. Not cool.

And I'm not all that keen on 0-2-1 either.

we deserved a split early on Joe... sh***y way to go about the end of that game... soooo close to 2 EN

lmao @ Cherry talking about the Hudler hit...

Dammit. No Coach's Corner south of the border.

Sometimes, this f**king country . . .

we deserved a split early on Joe... sh***y way to go about the end of that game... soooo close to 2 EN

It was awful. Everything was bad about that game.

That said, and I know I'm a Pens fan so I get how this will sound, but I think Washington stole that game. In their own building. I feel pretty good about the Pens for the series.

lmao @ Cherry talking about the Hudler hit...

Dammit. No Coach's Corner south of the border.

Sometimes, this f**king country . . .

sometimes???:seeya:

it was a good segment, basically called people pussies, what would the league do with Scott stevens and his hits, etc etc.

classic line about Samuelson though, too funny.

but I think Washington stole that game. In their own building. I feel pretty good about the Pens for the series.

from an outsider i agree... that Varlmalov save was absolutely <!-- / message -->higway robbery... amazing

it was a good segment, basically called people pussies, what would the league do with Scott stevens and his hits, etc etc.

Just think what they would have done with the Stevens hit that basically ended Lindros' career. They would have s**t an elephant at center ice.

Which, by the way, is a hit that still makes me smile. And, yes, I'm kind of OK with that making me a bad person.

from an outsider i agree... that Varlmalov save was absolutely higway robbery... amazing
<!-- / message -->
Funny thing is, during the Philly series someone on the Flyers said that five on five, Philly was the better team. And that really wasn't far off. Today, however, five on five, Pittsburgh was dramatically the better team.

Now, I don't expect Washington's defense to be that bad for the rest of the series, but if the speed differential is that pronounced, they're still going to give up chances. And as bad as the Pens' PP has been, they're not going to go 0/5 every game.

Trust me when I say when they repost that series number I'll be taking another bite of the apple.

Ya Cherry was hilarious, last few months he has been absolutely spot on.

I loved him ripping Ron Wilson at the end of the regular season

I'm guessing pyatt plays in game 3, will be a big emotional boost for the team. Which they need after a loss like that

Heading into OT #3 in the Motor City. NBC is starting to sweat now.

OK, I'm going to be totally blasphemous here. I love a good long multi-OT game as much as anyone, but really, what's the point? You're trying to determine the better team in these series aren't you? By the 2nd OT its clear that these guys aren't playing anywhere near the level they did through the first 80 minutes. Is a decision at that point really a good tell as to who's better? What would be wrong with calling it a draw and moving on to the next game?

It's a best of 7 series, why does it automatically have to mean a 4 win series? OK, it leaves open the possibility of a deadlock after 7 games, but there are ways at that point to come up with a winner. A special game 8? Total goals like in soccer? Maybe even a sudden death immediately after game 7, after all at that point you've pretty much settled that the teams are equal so you what the hell.

Just a thought from someone who misses tie games.

well fuck all that the Ducks just won

Gandolf i couldnt possibly disagree with you more. The Triple OT game with the Pens and Red Wings was awesome last year, and I think it got a lot of people that wouldnt watch a second of hockey to turn it on.

This is going to be a very interesting series, by the way. The Wings have far more finishers and if they can sucker Anaheim into penalties this thing will end pretty quick.

But it seems that Anaheim owns the corners, they seem to cycle better and hold possession better down low.

So, basically, if the Wings can find a way to stay between the dots tough to see them losing. But if they let it get turned into a grind, Anaheim has a puncher's chance for sure.

after all those great chances in the 1st OT and then a softie gets through

Those late OTs are often like that. But that shot had eyes. It tucked right under the top shelf and it may have been tipped on the way in.

DUCKS win. Road teams are 2-0 in game 2s, look out.

I'm hoping for 3-1. With that three being the Pens.

Yeah, not holding out much hope for the Canes tonight, but the Bruins should take 1 of 2 in Carolina. Already got the Pens bet in, damn short odds at +105. Trying to figure out how to lower that -130 on the over.

Pens are going to the Cup again, seriously.

Im not gonna say they are gonna win, but I think they will go.

How did they play vs the Bruins this year?

Without overlooking the CAps too much, I think itll be a good series, but I say we win in 6.

We were 2-2 against Boston this year, 1-2 in the Therrian era.

Trying to figure out how to lower that -130 on the over.

You could put it with the Lakers' ML tomorrow.

It's funny, I just sat staring at the bet screen on this exact thing. The 'only' reason I didn't do it was because I have the Lakers' ML with three other things.

But that'll take some of the juice off for ya.

Bruins gonna win? Seems like everyone likes that and the -1.5. Got a weird feeling +1.5 comes through

wow. huge win for the duckies... if i'm jonesing for some sunday night pucks action, what's the play? :)

Bruins gonna win? Seems like everyone likes that and the -1.5. Got a weird feeling +1.5 comes through

I bit small on the -1.5, but I would not be surprised, at all to see a one goal game tonight. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Ward steal one either.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/idzeJU5_PQY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/idzeJU5_PQY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I took Hurricanes ML btw Joe, and 1st Period ML (+165...190 on the game)

They're looking good so far, B's have had a few chances and missed so...

Anaheim won a tough OT game 2 years back against the Wings as well.

Oh, and anyone noticed every game since Was/Pit went Under has gone Over - of course they have

Should have warned you, slap.

Bruins -1 was my biggest play today. Frustrating to not see them net one early after all those chances and theyre paying for it now.

I don't watch much hockey CapJr but it seems like Carolina wants this way more, and Bruins stopped attacking after those missed goals...

2-1 after 2 periods I think so

Back