NHL 2nd Round - In-Games

only 1 shot....

it always seems like most of the ones the pens take get blocked before they even reach the net....

it always seems like most of the ones the pens take get blocked before they even reach the net....

They seem to be settling for long shots through a D-man, but without much traffic in front. That doesn't get it done.

But at least they controlled the play in the zone.

Terrible shot by Kunitz, hes not gonna score from there he needs to shoot low for a rebound, not in to the logo on the chest

shouldn't this be the time you but malkin and crosby together so that when passes like that are made they end up in the net?

not fedetenko taking those shots

That PP was bad, I do remember in last years playoffs the Pens PP looked unstoppable

Yeah, and in the first round they consistently looked horrible on the PP vs. Philly. It's not a one-time thing.

One thing we learned in this game is that the Washington Capitals are not the Philadelphia Flyers on the draw.

why wasnt that icing on the capitals there?

should have been penguins offensive zone faceoff with 15 seconds left

why wasnt that icing on the capitals there?

should have been penguins offensive zone faceoff with 15 seconds left

Agreed.

Pound that over on Monday. Only thing keeping this from being a 5-4 game was early nerves and some stunning goaltending.

Homes went 4-0 in Game 1. Time for some road win chases.

Pens PP needs to step up and get better....

that stick save was the game saver for wash.. gotta say it was one of the best i've ever seen...

2-1 early, I leave and come home to a 3-2 final

Oh, if you're mad now, just wait until you see the save that robbed the Pens of goal number three, and therefore, the over.

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> time for Roberto to have a big game

Again, I completely agree with you.

PP 'Nucks.

Ya big shot by Salo, no screen and he still buries it.

Hawks are so undisciplined, just comes with being a young team

Although, if anybody was going to score two in the first period, for the under's sake, this was the best possible choice.

ok, corrected again, so now it does look like it was 5 on 2 for about 30 ticks

It wasn't.

It started with matching penalties and Chicago getting an extra man in the box. Then, just as that PP started, Chicago took another penalty.

These totals need to open with the hook before I'm interested. They're showing no adjustment at all for CHC's games being high scoring. It's as if the line was based on the goalies alone, and that doesn't cut it.

ok, corrected again, so now it does look like it was 5 on 2 for about 30 ticks

It wasn't.

It started with matching penalties and Chicago getting an extra man in the box. Then, just as that PP started, Chicago took another penalty.

The goal is what prevented it. I had a brain fade on a goal ending PPs. The 2nd & 3rd penalty came after the 1st goal.

These totals need to open with the hook before I'm interested. they're showing no adjustment at all for CHC's games being high scoring. it's as if the line was based on the goalies alone, and that doesn't cut it.

Yeah, they won't adjust unless and until they put up another over or two in a row.

I bit on that plus-money here tonight. Frankly if the game could be rained out right now and declared official I'd be fine with that.

Still, the thing in your favour is VAN experienced the big comeback last game, so they'll be specifically concentrating on not relaxing again this time.

<TABLE id=awayGoalies cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 enableSort="false" defaultSort="id"><TBODY><TR recordId="{id}"><TH align=left dataType="Alpha" dataInsert="{firstName|substr:0:1}. {lastName}" dataLink="/nhl/players/playerpage/{id}">GOALIES</TH><TH dataType="Alpha" dataSource="save">SV</TH><TH dataType="Num" dataSource="numGoalsAgainst">GA</TH></TR><TBODY id=awayGoaliesData><TR class=rowOdd id=awayGoalies19419 vAlign=top><TD align=left>N. Khabibulin</TD><TD align=left>3
</TD><TD align=left>2
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I guess the Berlin Wall realises it's post 1990

<TABLE id=awayGoalies cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 enableSort="false" defaultSort="id"><TBODY><TR recordId="{id}"><TH align=left dataType="Alpha" dataInsert="{firstName|substr:0:1}. {lastName}" dataLink="/nhl/players/playerpage/{id}">GOALIES</TH><TH dataType="Alpha" dataSource="save">SV</TH><TH dataType="Num" dataSource="numGoalsAgainst">GA</TH></TR><TBODY id=awayGoaliesData><TR class=rowOdd id=awayGoalies19419 vAlign=top><TD align=left>N. Khabibulin</TD><TD align=left>3
</TD><TD align=left>2
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I guess the Berlin Wall realises it's post 1990

If Chicago loses this game i would guess Huet starts game 3, Khabibulin has a terrible record against the Canucks

Back