NFL Rumor Mill

TJ Housh is deciding between Seattle, Minny, and Cincy, decision probably comes today.

Lavern. Coles is deciding between the Bills and the Dolphins.

JJ Arrington's contract was screwed up by the Broncos, so he's back in Arizona, but they say that deal's not dead yet.

Derrick Ward is in Denver, still meeting with the Broncos.

Chris Canty is still in NY metting with the Giants.

Ray Lewis is deciding by tomorrow on the Ravens' offer.

any news on nate washington/detroit status?

No contract and Nate's in Tennessee today. I think their signing of Bryant Johnson trumps that deal and, personally, I think it has the potential to be a better call.

What I want to know is why Mike Furrey isn't in Cleveland right this very minute.

Orlavsky signed with Texans..

Much better though is the photo they have next to story on mlive...

medium_orlovsky01.jpg

Much better though is the photo they have next to story on mlive...

Sort of like Gus Ferrotte banging his head into that wall, Orlovsky will never live that moment down. It's like being stupid meets being a p*ssy meets the Detroit Lions' legacy all at once.

Cowboys

Heavy speculation said that Ray Lewis was as good as a Cowboy. Looks like he wont be, especially since the Cowboys never even contacted him. Expect Ray Lewis to be a Raven next season

49ers

Will Meet with Warner this week

Bucs

Micheal Clayton will resign with the Bucs

Saints

Darren Sharper will visit them this week

Bronco's

Cutler will not speak to the Bronco's. He is pissed that they are denying trying to trade him.

ill take cutler....

Bro, Cutler and his FRAGILE ego would last about 4 games in Philly...he'd be a basket case begging to be traded. Which, by the way, he apparently did in Denver:

REPORT: CUTLER HAD ALREADY ASKED FOR A TRADE

Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 9:31 a.m.
Among the many compelling nuggets in Peter King’s MMQB column is a disclosure that Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler had asked to be traded weeks before the team tried to comply with his request.
That’s right. Per King, Cutler requested to be dealt after quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates bolted for USC.
So the fact that Cutler is claiming outrage in the wake of the recent near-miss effort to give him what he wanted could be part of a broader plan to get out of Denver.
This way, he looks like the victim instead of the villain, and perhaps the media and the fans will put enough pressure on the team to force the front office to find a suitor.

Sending Cutler to Philly would be like when Antonio McDyess went to NY. It would be a disaster because the guy's psyche couldn't handle it.

Philly would crush Cutler, I can honestly foresee tears. It has nothing to do with his talent, it has everything to do with his temperment and Cutler couldn't handle Philly, he couldn't handle NY. If they trade him, for it to work for him, he needs to go somewhere like Jacksonville, or Tennessee, or Arizona, etc.

What's going on with QBs right now in this league blows me away. New coaches and front offices are ripping apart the teams they come to.

At this point I almost wouldn't be surprised to see:

Cutler to TB
Garcia to Denver and a QB drafted
Kurt Warner to SF
Leftwich to Minny or Chicago
Donovan traded

Granted, I don't think many of these will happen, but with the way it's gone it wouldn't shock me.

What's going on with QBs right now in this league blows me away. New coaches and front offices are ripping apart the teams they come to.

At this point I almost wouldn't be surprised to see:

Cutler to TB
Garcia to Denver and a QB drafted
Kurt Warner to SF
Leftwich to Minny or Chicago
Donovan traded

Granted, I don't think many of these will happen, but with the way it's gone it wouldn't shock me.

Warner leaving Zona to go anywhere is 10x worse than Dawkins leaving. Imagine how Cardinals fans would react to letting go the biggest reason they made the SuperBowl.

I also think if Warner goes, Boldin stays. How could Zona justify giving up both of those guys?

I still don't think Warner leaves. I think it's a little like the Birds with Dawkins only on steroids. They're a historically cheap organizaton, he wants to get paid in a big way. He should be there, they know he should be there, but there's a big gulf of money that's standing in the way of both sides doing the right thing.

Him leaving there would be stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that team falls off next year, especially if we can take Boldin from them, but he should still stay, it's the right thing for all involved.

Jason Taylor was released by Wash. This would be a great move for Philly. Replace Dawkins with a good locker room presence. Philly already needs another push-rushing DE. And Taylor doesn't have to be an every down player here. The move will also take attention away from the Dawkins release for ownership.

Are you convinced he'd be a good locker room presence? He seems like a nice guy, but he also sort of seems out for himself. I may be wrong, though.

Are you convinced he'd be a good locker room presence? He seems like a nice guy, but he also sort of seems out for himself. I may be wrong, though.

I think almost every athlete is, Joe. But Taylor has a good reputation. And he could actually help Philly and have a chance to compete for a superbowl. But now I read the story and he wants to be in Florida in the off-season. Maybe he rather go to a Florida team?

Can Taylor even play anymore?

Whatd he have last year? 3 sacks?

No thanks

I just think he'd be a decent locker room guy with Dawkins gone. Obviously, he would need to take a pay cut. It's definitely not the Eagles style, and it likely won't happen, but I don't think much could go wrong with the move.

We need more than Jason Taylor.

Maybe what we need is Reggie Williams. At least we know his drug problem could keep Andy's kids in business.

I wonder if theyll still take crabtree

Well, I think they could use O-line help, but yeah, I would think they still probably will if that's who they were going to go with initially. They could have some good weapons immediately and in that division that could go a long way.

The Broncos simply just can't stop signing people. They added some D-lineman from the 49ers, Ronald Fields--he's still no nosetackle which you pretty much need to play the 3-4.

I wonder if theyll still take crabtree

NFL scouts are saying that GM's and Owners wont wanna take a top 5 pick that hasnt had a full workout. 2much money.

scouts say he will fall out of the top 10 but little do they know how much AL loves the kid. :popcorn:

I doubt he falls from the top 10. But if he does that's great luck for someone who gets him. At the very least, they'd be getting him at a discount.

I doubt he falls from the top 10. But if he does that's great luck for someone who gets him. At the very least, they'd be getting him at a discount.

I could see Rams taking him

seachickens will take Raji

Browns ?

do bengals need another wr ? they drafted 2 last year

The Chargers will reportedly put Antonio Cromartie on the trade block if they're able to sign free agent Drayton Florence.

Adding Florence would set up San Diego nicely. 2008 first-round pick Antoine Cason is ready to start and Quentin Jammer is locked up cheaply long term. Cromartie is the Bolts' most physically gifted corner, but he's coming off a rough season and his rookie contract is two years from expiration. Mar. 2 - 8:36 pm et
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Cromartie cant cover but he has hands and when he gets the ball watch out. but he cant cover worth shit.

Last edited:
Derrick Ward lands in Tampa Bay.

Interesting. I thought if they had anything it was a couple of running backs.

Derrick Ward lands in Tampa Bay.

Interesting. I thought if they had anything it was a couple of running backs.

Weird. I think Cadallac is done, physically. But I think Graham and Ward are about the same age. Maybe they will platoon both of these guys. Neither is a true #1. Another fantasy disaster...

Weird. I think Cadallac is done, physically. But I think Graham and Ward are about the same age. Maybe they will platoon both of these guys. Neither is a true #1. Another fantasy disaster...

need to go the Bill Simmons route and have running back platoons.

This is unreal. Zona is totally low balling Warner with a one year deal. It looks like he might actually go to San Fran and take the money.

This is unreal. Zona is totally low balling Warner with a one year deal. It looks like he might actually go to San Fran and take the money.

If I were Shaun Hill I'd be pretty pissed right about now. He can beat out Alex Smith, but Warner may be a whole different story.

Maybe, though, this is a good thing for the Eagles if the Cardinals are going to rip apart their team like the Browns.

They gave him more then one year...2 Y/20 Mill

Patriots

Might make a run at Julius Peppers

Bronco's

Cutler could still be traded to Lions or Vikings
Carmelo tells Cutler thats its a business, not personal

And now there's a rumor of Cutler and a third to Cleveland for Quinn and Shaun Rogers.

Really dislike everything about that. But it really seems like both the Browns and Broncos want to rip their starting offenses completely apart and start over.

I personally think that rumor is bulls**t.

Rogers is signed to a six year deal, he's done all of one of them. There should be no trading of Rogers. Not to mention, why would you help set up an in-conference team like that. Currently the Broncos don't have the personnel for the 3-4. You give them a big part of that, after they've signed one of your LBs for it. Those playoff spots come from the same conference. It's just stupid.

The more this goes on the more I'm convinced the whole Mangini regime is on a power trip. Meanwhile, in Denver, I'm convinced they got screwed thinking about trying to trade Cutler and are now just scrambling.

Cutler is soft if you hit him he gets rattled and throws the ball 2 early for the rest of the game. Thats why he throws alot of picks also.

Back