Fred Taylor looking either the Bills or the Pats

Jets

are looking at signing Bart Scott

Giants

are looking at signing Bart Scott

Falcons

Cant agree with Keith Brookings...hell be a free agent

Titans

Making a run at Nate The Great Washington...Fuck you.

i'll be stunned if the ravens figure out how to sign all three of those lbs

Yeah, I'll be shocked. I think at least one goes, probably two.

Tampa Bay just released half their team.

Derrick Brooks
Cato June
Joey Galloway
Ike Hilliard
Warrick Dunn

All gone.

Whoa.

Shaun Rogers wants out of Cleveland. Grrrrrr.

Jeff Saturday wants to play for the Steelers (so says his agent).

Side note, why would you want Jon Gruden again? Like Parcells he seems to be able to get the most out of the talent you have there, but he's even worse than Parcells when he leaves. He just destroys your franchise.

He leaves Oakland, they fall apart.

He leaves TB and they purge their roster.

Even worse, in both cases, he leaves neither team with a starting QB to speak of.

You can blame the GM, and in both cases maybe the GM shares some blame, but a coach has a lot of input on the type of player he wants there. Yeah, he has a ring, and you can't take that away from him, but no thanks.

Do you have ambitions of Jim Brown coming back in his prime too?

No. He's the greatest football player of all time, I'm good with his legacy. Joe actually met him once, so, you know, that was pretty awesome, too.

I actually brought up Coles going to Cleveland not because I want him there (though it might be a positive), but because of Mangini. I have a weird feeling that whether it's warranted or not Coles gets a look from the Browns.

Reports are that the new staff in Cleveland is "lukewarm" on Brady Quinn.

Basically this means they're probably not going to trade Derek Anderson.

What this also means is that the new staff has yet to talk to one person about how Derek Anderson performs in training camp. He's horrible.

So basically what will happen is, Brady Quinn will win the starting job, Anderson will be on the bench--just like everybody knew, and the Browns will continue to get nothing whatsoever for Derek Anderson.

I'm already frustrated with this new staff and fear this team will suck. F**k.

Side note, why would you want Jon Gruden again? Like Parcells he seems to be able to get the most out of the talent you have there, but he's even worse than Parcells when he leaves. He just destroys your franchise.

He leaves Oakland, they fall apart.

He leaves TB and they purge their roster.

Even worse, in both cases, he leaves neither team with a starting QB to speak of.

You can blame the GM, and in both cases maybe the GM shares some blame, but a coach has a lot of input on the type of player he wants there. Yeah, he has a ring, and you can't take that away from him, but no thanks.

This is simple why his teams fall apart, GRUDEN DONT BUILD TEAMS THROUGH THE DRAFT...

when he left we had old ass tim brown, jerry rice, gannon, and so on and so on....

Gruden is like Phil Jackson in a way as he dont like young guys or rookies unless they are flat out studs.

Steelers

Joe already mentioned this but Jeff Saturday wants to play for the SBFC (Super Bowl Fucking Champs)

:)

Redskins

There were rumors earlier today that Haynesworth got signed by the Skins. His agent denied it but it might be the real deal soon

Patriots

Meet with Fred Taylor

I'm also starting to get annoyed with ESPN and their habit of trying to make news rather than just report what happens.

There are all these conflicting reports about what happened between Donovan and the team in his meeting, even who was there. But when ESPN, the biggest and largest voice in the room leads with 'Donovan ain't doin' s**t unless the Birds buck up in free agency' that's all anybody hears and it starts to foster a potential problem where there might not be one. It also drives up the price of free agents who might be inclined to come to Philly.

Stop lieing to yourself...World Series...or Super Bowl....seriously??

True, but that still doesn't make 'SBFC' any less lame. Six rings, that's where they make their claim to be the greatest franchise.

Eh...Sixers...Eagles...Phils...it wouldnt matter...Id view/appreciate/celebrate each equally...it would be like asking which kid i liked better...theyre all the same...

And now I agree with the Panda, you're lying. You and I know the Eagles SB would mean just that much more. Maybe not exactly for you, but definitely for the city.

oh for the city, definitely...it would be

Eagles

Phils

Flyers

Sixers

But for me personally, I wouldnt care either way...im not picky

Yeah, and I think those bottom three can move around a bit depending on the decade. I think the Sixers, for example, during the Dr. J. era took over that town briefly, the Broad St. Bullies the same.

But when the Eagles win, brother . . .

Lions' reputation hurts; Ken Lucas kills trade to Detroit

by Tom Kowalski Thursday February 26, 2009, 1:47 PM

The Detroit Lions tried to get a jump on free agency today by working a trade for Carolina Panthers cornerback Ken Lucas, but the player said 'No thanks.'

Trades can be negotiated today, but can't be officially transacted until after midnight tonight. The Lions were trying to fill one of their two vacancies at starting cornerback, but Lucas made it clear he didn't want to come to Detroit.
It's believed that Lucas would've had to restructure his contract for the Lions to agree to the deal, but Lucas refused.

Chicago

Grossman is done in Chicago. Bears will not offer him a contract. Look for Orton to be the qb going into NY and them to sign and vet and/or draft a qb.

Grossman is done in Chicago. Bears will not offer him a contract. Look for Orton to be the qb going into NY and them to sign and vet and/or draft a qb.

I know he went to the SB, so it's hard to feel sorry for the guy. But this kid just ruined his NFL career by coming out when he did. Granted, Spurrier leaving hurt him, bad, but what a mistake.

By National Football Post
Posted February 26, 2009 Email to a Friend Print This <script type="text/javascript">SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "Breaking: Housh To Stay In Cincy?", url: "http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/breaking-housch-to-stay-in-cincy/" });</script>ShareThis

Breaking: Housh To Stay In Cincy?

[FONT=&quot]The National Football Post has learned that free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh and the Cincinnati Bengals are close to reaching an agreement on a new contract. It’s believed there’s 70-percent chance Houshmandzadeh returns to Cincinnati next season, sources said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An eight-year veteran, Houshmandzadeh caught 92 passes for 904 yards and four touchdowns in 15 games last season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]More on this story as it develops. [/FONT]

By National Football Post
Posted February 26, 2009 <script type="text/javascript">SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "Breaking: Housh To Stay In Cincy?", url: "http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/breaking-hous</script>Breaking: Housh To Stay In Cincy?

[FONT=&quot]The National Football Post has learned that free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh and the Cincinnati Bengals are close to reaching an agreement on a new contract. It’s believed there’s 70-percent chance Houshmandzadeh returns to Cincinnati next season, sources said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An eight-year veteran, Houshmandzadeh caught 92 passes for 904 yards and four touchdowns in 15 games last season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]More on this story as it develops. [/FONT]

Housh wants $10M+ a year? $10M per year for a possession receiver...after a 92/910/4 season?

:36_11_6:

Shit, as a Raiders fan, I hope Al Davis doesn't have Housh's cell number...

T.J. HASN’T HEARD FROM AGENT

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 26, 2009, 8:20 p.m.
T.J. Houshmandzadeh addressed reports that he’s close to re-signing with the Bengals, telling Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer he has not heard from his agent today.
“The only person from the Bengals who I’ve talked to today is Carson [Palmer] and he said ‘Don’t forget about us,’ ” he said.
According to Reedy, Houshmandzadeh is looking for upwards of $10 million per season, and the favorites to land his services on the open market are the Eagles, Giants and Bears.
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis told the Enquirer there will be no hard feelings if Houshmandzadeh leaves Cincinnati.
“At the end of the day hopefully I think he’ll make a decision where a dollar more somewhere else isn’t a better decision and that’s the thing he has to judge,” Lewis said. “That’s the greatest thing about NFL free agency. If you don’t think your value to us is what it should be you have a chance to go share it with someone else and see what happens.”

Kurt Warner's agent and the Cardinals seem to have broken off talks today. Which may just be smoke, but it could be that Kurt wants to see what the open market puts on the table tomorrow.

Going into tomorrow, top 5 teams with money (number is how far under the cap they are, in millions):

TB - $61m

KC - $57m

Philly - $48m

Denver - $37m

GB - $34m

Worst 5:

Carolina - $1.9m

NE - $3.2m

Indy - $6.6m

Pitt - $7.4m

Washington - $8.1m

(all numbers are estimated, from the NFL Network)

Housh wants $10M+ a year? $10M per year for a possession receiver...after a 92/910/4 season?

:36_11_6:

Shit, as a Raiders fan, I hope Al Davis doesn't have Housh's cell number...

T.J. HASN’T HEARD FROM AGENT

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 26, 2009, 8:20 p.m.
T.J. Houshmandzadeh addressed reports that he’s close to re-signing with the Bengals, telling Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer he has not heard from his agent today.
“The only person from the Bengals who I’ve talked to today is Carson [Palmer] and he said ‘Don’t forget about us,’ ” he said.
According to Reedy, Houshmandzadeh is looking for upwards of $10 million per season, and the favorites to land his services on the open market are the Eagles, Giants and Bears.
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis told the Enquirer there will be no hard feelings if Houshmandzadeh leaves Cincinnati.
“At the end of the day hopefully I think he’ll make a decision where a dollar more somewhere else isn’t a better decision and that’s the thing he has to judge,” Lewis said. “That’s the greatest thing about NFL free agency. If you don’t think your value to us is what it should be you have a chance to go share it with someone else and see what happens.”

I dont want him

I will take #85

Steelers

Release former #1 Draft pick , G Kendal Simmons ...Dont let the door hit ya ....Always injured , knee , achilles and diabetes... you name it he had it and to think they gave him an extension last year...good move

Offer tender to RT Willie Colon , this guy could be moved to guard

o-line 2009

LT --Starks---Hills
LG -- ?---Colon maybe
C--Hartwig
RG--Stapleton
RT-Colon-- Hills--Cappizzi

Cant wait for draft ,all the back ups on OLINE are young w/o exp or FA.

Steelers

Release former #1 Draft pick , G Kendal Simmons ...Dont let the door hit ya ....Always injured , knee , achilles and diabetes... you name it he had it and to think they gave him an extension last year...good move

Offer tender to RT Willie Colon , this guy could be moved to guard

o-line 2009

LT --Starks---Hills
LG -- ?---Colon maybe
C--Hartwig
RG--Stapleton
RT-Colon-- Hills--Cappizzi

Cant wait for draft ,all the back ups on OLINE are young w/o exp or FA.

Dont forget about the possibility of getting Saturday, hopefully we can afford him

Bronco's

Might pursue Buc's Micheal Clayton

Redskins

Marlo already said what it is

Cowboys

Roy Williams (S) might be traded

Eagles

Dawkins and Thomas will hit the FA market and look for other teams to play for though both are still open to play for Iggles

Kansas City

Brian Waters asked to be traded or released yesterday

Buc's

Brooks might retire

Lions

Grossman is interested in joining the team

Browns

Good news Joe...Coles to Cleveland?

Giants

TJ Is there #1 target

Just heard on fox sports 1460 that the rams are bringing in bart scott and the ravens center (blanking on name) today to try and work out contracts

Dont forget about the possibility of getting Saturday, hopefully we can afford him

Bronco's

Might pursue Buc's Micheal Clayton

Redskins

Marlo already said what it is

Cowboys

Roy Williams (S) might be traded

Eagles

Dawkins and Thomas will hit the FA market and look for other teams to play for though both are still open to play for Iggles

Kansas City

Brian Waters asked to be traded or released yesterday

Buc's

Brooks might retire

Lions

Grossman is interested in joining the team

Browns

Good news Joe...Coles to Cleveland?

Giants

TJ Is there #1 target

Saturday resigned with Indy on Thursday...y'all didn't want him anyway, he's getting up in years and no longer has the strength to function within a system like Pitts.

Redskins pay way too much for an injury prone DT (Haynesworth) who is off the field for at least 25% of the D's snaps...and a decent player in zone coverage (Hall).

What the hell happened to Roy Williams? Can he revive his career somewhere else?

Dawkins is the ultimate professional, IMO (and I'm not a Philly fan)...anyone looking for defensive leadership has to give him a two year contract.

Bucs have a TON of cap space...

Grossman will go ANYWHERE...latest in a line of Spurrier Era Gator QBs to flame out in the NFL.......:seeya:

Coles comes with a lot of ?????
Is he a team cancer? And, if not, why don't the Dolphins with best buddy Chad Pennington @ QB go after him?

Someone is going to pay way too much for Housh...

Damn Pats making some good signings of complimentary players as usual.

FRED TAYLOR SIGNS WITH PATRIOTS

Posted by Josh Alper on February 27, 2009, 8:09 a.m.
On Thursday night Fred Taylor was expected to sign with the Patriots. On Friday morning, he has signed with the Patriots.
Adam Schefter reports that the team and player reached agreement on a deal that will bring Taylor to New England. No terms have been announced at this time. Taylor joins Kevin Faulk, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Laurence Maroney and Sammy Morris in a deep Patriots backfield.
The Bills, who also offered Taylor a contract, must now look elsewhere for help at running back.

Patriots reach agreement with ex-Jet Baker

Posted: February 27th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Chris Baker, New England Patriots
One of football’s top rivalries got a little spicier Friday when New England reached agreement with former New York Jets tight end Chris Baker.
Earlier this month, the Jets released Baker rather than pay him the $9 million option bonus payment that was due to him in early March. At the time, the 29-year-old Baker said he was open to re-signing with the Jets and would like to return. But when New England called, and Baker heard the Patriots’ offer, he liked that idea better.
New England believes it is getting a player who had a career-high 41 catches in 2007, more than the player who caught only 21 passes for 194 yards and no touchdowns last season, when Baker lost some of his playing time to rookie first-round pick Dustin Keller.
Now, another player in a long line of them — Curtis Martin, Ty Law, Vinny Testaverde to name a few — has changed teams in the Border War. Baker is going to be a Patriot.
And as one Jets fan just texted me when he heard the news, “Whenever Pats pick up a former Jet, I get a pit in my stomach.”

Bodden has some talent...and is only 28...have to give the Pats credit, they always have a plan (and I HATE the MFers).

BODDEN TO VISIT PATRIOTS

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 27, 2009, 7:26 a.m.
Cornerback Leigh Bodden will visit with the Patriots today, according to Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe.
Bodden was one of five veterans the Lions cut earlier this month in a move that saved them about $11 million in cap space.
He spent just one season in Detroit after the Browns dealt him to the Lions in the Shaun Rogers deal last year. Now, with Rogers unhappy in Cleveland, both players could have new homes.
Bodden started 15 games in 2008, but had just one interception after picking off a career-high six passes with the Browns in 2007.
He will turn 28 during the 2009 season.

Last edited:
Back