NFL Rumor Mill

:36_11_6:poor TO

going to be tough to be his usual cocky self when hes getting shutdown by lito twice next year.

even hobbs will take a shit in his popcorn. fuck TO

No matter who the QB is or would have been, had it been me the very first thing I'd have said to that f**ker is, "I don't know how it's been where you've been before and I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you b*tch for the ball I guarantee you'll see it less. If you're open and I see you, you'll get the ball, end of discussion, welcome to the team.'

It probably wouldn't last but a couple of practices, but it would be better than punching him in the face which is what all QBs have to want to do based on his rep.

The problem with this signing from Buffalo's perspective--if you ask me, a non-Bills fan--is that Juron doesn't really like to throw the ball all that much. So TO will never get as many balls as he wants and probably have to be more of a decoy than he ever imagined.

That should make things pretty fun starting in about week three or four once TO figures it out.

No matter who the QB is or would have been, had it been me the very first thing I'd have said to that f**ker is, "I don't know how it's been where you've been before and I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you b*tch for the ball I guarantee you'll see it less. If you're open and I see you, you'll get the ball, end of discussion, welcome to the team.'

It probably wouldn't last but a couple of practices, but it would be better than punching him in the face which is what all QBs have to want to do based on his rep.

The problem with this signing from Buffalo's perspective--if you ask me, a non-Bills fan--is that Juron doesn't really like to throw the ball all that much. So TO will never get as many balls as he wants and probably have to be more of a decoy than he ever imagined.

That should make things pretty fun starting in about week three or four once TO figures it out.

ill boil it down for you joe public

JURON sucks asshole as a coach. End of story.

TO is obviously going to have to make some adjustments as well, being in buffalo

lee evans is and will be the deep/vertical threat, i dont think anyones disputing that

so TO will have to take on more of a welker-esque roll and settle for a lot shorter passes and the underneath stuff

but then again, you want the man who takes on that roll to be consisntent. and is the receiver who was #2 in dropped passes last year, and, (i believe, dont quote me on this, but if my memory serves me correct), he was #1 in dropped balls the year before that.... how is that consistent?

I actually think this is a good deal for the Bills. Whats the worst that can happen? There not a very good team, and T.O's bad reps is for ruining good teams. The Niners, the Eagles and the Cowboys. I think the Bills can only improve with him.

I can already see ESPN headlines now...if they havent happened already..."How Will Trent Edwards handle a guy like TO"

Sometimes I wonder if the NFL execs just watch ESPN and react to that. Seriously how did TO make this team worse then what they were. Was it TO's fault when the Cowboys lost 100-3 to the Eagles in the last game. Was it TO's fault that Tony Romo throws a pick Pittsburgh to end the game? The Cowboys problem was not and is not TO. Its Tony Romo's fault. When it comes down to it, hes just not very good. I think that the Cowboys dont have a snowballs chance in hell to make the playoffs next year.

And If you wanna take the route of "TO Ruined Tony Romo". Well if one player can supposedly ruin your franchise QB then you really need to rethink what kind of head is on his shoulders

Just my .02, im sure everyone will disagree

From a PR perspective, I agree with you Alex, this is a great move for the Bills. If only because it generates pub for a team that desperately needs it.

SAD NFL NEWS

The NFL announced today that for financial reasons
they had to eliminate one team from the league.
So they've decided to combine the Green Bay Packers
and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and form one team,
causing many layoffs but saving millions of dollars in
costs, they will be known as the..........TAMPACKS.
Unfortunately, they're only good for one period and
have no second string.....

I actually think this is a good deal for the Bills. Whats the worst that can happen? There not a very good team, and T.O's bad reps is for ruining good teams. The Niners, the Eagles and the Cowboys. I think the Bills can only improve with him.

I can already see ESPN headlines now...if they havent happened already..."How Will Trent Edwards handle a guy like TO"

Sometimes I wonder if the NFL execs just watch ESPN and react to that. Seriously how did TO make this team worse then what they were. Was it TO's fault when the Cowboys lost 100-3 to the Eagles in the last game. Was it TO's fault that Tony Romo throws a pick Pittsburgh to end the game? The Cowboys problem was not and is not TO. Its Tony Romo's fault. When it comes down to it, hes just not very good. I think that the Cowboys dont have a snowballs chance in hell to make the playoffs next year.

And If you wanna take the route of "TO Ruined Tony Romo". Well if one player can supposedly ruin your franchise QB then you really need to rethink what kind of head is on his shoulders

Just my .02, im sure everyone will disagree

:shake:

Patriots

Might meet with Jason Taylor

Cardinals

Boldin staying silent
Lienart doesnt wanna be traded

Rams

Considering Ferrotte

Titans are going to be below average imo next year so I dont think i would even want to there if I were him

I don't think they go 13-3 next year but I see no reason to think they will resemble anything below average. They still have one of the best OL's in the game, they've got a ton of players in contract years. The defense will take a hit with losing Haynesworth but outside of 2004-2006 the Titans have always had solid defenses and I don't see why next year will be any different.

I've got the Titans going 4-2 in the division next year. 3-1 vs. AFC East. 3-1 or 4-0 vs. NFC West. 1-1 vs. SD, at PIT. I see 11-5.

this is a great move by buffalo...now the nfl will get to see how good trent edwards is. and lee evans for that matter. wow i'm going to love betting on this bills team this year. i'm as much of a t.o. critic as anyone, but this is a great fit for him and an excellent move by the bills.

bye, bye Matt Jones:

ANOTHER ARREST FOR MATT JONES

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2009, 7:43 p.m.
Just as the “Days without an Arrest Meters” was hours away from getting back to double digits, Jaguars receiver Matt Jones has been arrested, again.
A reader has forwarded to us this link to the Washington County, Arkansas Sheriff’s office, which shows that a man named Matt Jones, a 25-year-old white male with brown hair and blue who stands six feet and five inches from the ground and weighs 205 pounds and having an address in Jacksonville, Florida, was arrested at 6:21 p.m. CDT for possession of a controlled substance.
Jones is listed on the Jags’ official web site as 6-6 and 216 pounds. He’s also 25.
We suppose there’s a chance that it’s not the same Matt Jones as the one from Arkansas who plays for the Jacksonville <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_3_0">Jaguars </nobr>especially since a mug shot as of this posting has not yet been posted with the arrest information.
If it is Jones, he could be in big trouble with the <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_4_0">NFL </nobr>and the law. Last year, he was arrested for felony cocaine possession, but agreed to enter a diversion program, which among other things requires him to stay out of trouble.
He also was suspended three games by the NFL.
So if the Matt Jones from Arkansas who plays for the Jags is the same Matt Jones of identical age and similar dimensions and Jacksonville address who was arrested within the past half hours in Arkansas, he’s got a big problem.
UPDATE: The mugshot is now posted. Yep, it’s him.
SECOND UPDATE: Jones also apparently is charged with violating the terms of his probation.

Man, Matt Jones, talk about throwing away a life's work. Just completely threw away an NFL career, pretty much from year one.

He HAS to be mentally challenged to get busted for nose candy (or be doing it 24/7) this often...Florida is the capitol of professionals who use coke regularly and NEVER get busted (or so I've heard).

Last edited:
bye, bye Matt Jones:

ANOTHER ARREST FOR MATT JONES

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2009, 7:43 p.m.
Just as the “Days without an Arrest Meters” was hours away from getting back to double digits, Jaguars receiver Matt Jones has been arrested, again.
A reader has forwarded to us this link to the Washington County, Arkansas Sheriff’s office, which shows that a man named Matt Jones, a 25-year-old white male with brown hair and blue who stands six feet and five inches from the ground and weighs 205 pounds and having an address in Jacksonville, Florida, was arrested at 6:21 p.m. CDT for possession of a controlled substance.
Jones is listed on the Jags’ official web site as 6-6 and 216 pounds. He’s also 25.
We suppose there’s a chance that it’s not the same Matt Jones as the one from Arkansas who plays for the Jacksonville <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_3_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Jaguars </NOBR>especially since a mug shot as of this posting has not yet been posted with the arrest information.
If it is Jones, he could be in big trouble with the <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_4_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">NFL </NOBR>and the law. Last year, he was arrested for felony cocaine possession, but agreed to enter a diversion program, which among other things requires him to stay out of trouble.
He also was suspended three games by the NFL.
So if the Matt Jones from Arkansas who plays for the Jags is the same Matt Jones of identical age and similar dimensions and Jacksonville address who was arrested within the past half hours in Arkansas, he’s got a big problem.
UPDATE: The mugshot is now posted. Yep, it’s him.
SECOND UPDATE: Jones also apparently is charged with violating the terms of his probation.

wow, just wow. maybe he can join pacman on pros vs joes

Titans

Torry Holt?

Roy Williams

Has said hes already turned down one team and a lot of teams are calling him interested

Steelers

Joey Galloway visits

He HAS to be mentally challenged to get busted for nose candy (or be doing it 24/7) this often...Florida is the capitol of professionals who use coke regularly and NEVER get busted (or so I've heard).

dont discount the chance that he could just be a complete fucking idiot

Rams release OT Orlando Pace

By R.B. FALLSTROM, AP Sports Writer 5 hours, 22 minutes ago

ST. LOUIS (AP)—Orlando Pace, a seven-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle dogged by injuries in recent seasons, was released Tuesday by the St. Louis Rams.
The 33-year-old Pace was the first overall pick of the 1997 draft. The move cleared $6 million in cap space for the Rams, who were 2-14 last season.
Owner Chip Rosenbloom said in a statement that Pace would be remembered as “one of the finest Rams of all time.” Pace started 14 games last year, but missed half of 2007 and virtually all of 2006 due to injuries.
“I can’t begin to thank Orlando for all he has meant to the Rams organization,” Rosenbloom added. “It is never easy to end a relationship that has had as much success as ours, but in the interest of Orlando and the Rams, we feel now is the right time.”

The Rams signed an offensive lineman at the start of free agency with center Jason Brown getting a four-year, $37 million deal.
Pace was the first offensive lineman chosen No. 1 overall since the Minnesota Vikings took Ron Yary in the 1968 draft. The Rams dealt four draft picks—a first-, third-, fourth- and seventh-rounder—to the New York Jets for the right to move up five spots on draft day.
The former Ohio State star was selected to seven straight Pro Bowls from 1999-2005 and started in two Super Bowls, including the franchise’s lone title after the 1998 season.
“Orlando Pace has been a mainstay on the Rams’ offensive line since he was drafted in 1997, and he has proven to be one of the most efficient offensive tackles throughout his career,” general manager Billy Devaney said.
The Rams also are considering releasing another longtime star, wide receiver Torry Holt, a move that would save them an additional $8 million in cap space.
Pace’s Pro Bowl haul is tied with Jack Youngblood for fourth in franchise history. Only Hall of Famers Merlin Olsen (14) and Tom Mack (11) and linebacker Les Richter (8) were selected to more. Pace blocked for three consecutive MVPs from 1999-2001, quarterback Kurt Warner in 1999 and 2001 and running back Marshall Faulk in 2000.

Exactly.

Obviously he's got issues, but maybe he's just a dumb f**king hick who's throwing it all away for no good reason. It's not as if it doesn't happen.

The Lions are getting a New Logo, new jerseys and possibly a new color scheme

Three items are fueling the speculation that the Detroit Lions might be re-branding its football franchise. The first, and easily least significant is a contest that the Detroit News held, inviting readers to create their own logos. Some of the worst are posted on this page; the winner can be seen here. |Thanks to Uni Watch|
The other two bits of info come from PFT. The indefatigable Florio first points to a Grady Jackson interview:
On Monday, Jackson blurted out that he likes the team’s “new colors.” (In Grady’s defense, he was probably distracted by thoughts of food.)
Also mentioned was the fact that the Detroit Lions online pro shop is selling merch at massively slashed prices. And they don’t seem to have anything at regular price. I ordered a Jon Kitna jersey for like ten bucks. Yeah, I overpaid by about $9.50, but it was totally worth it for all the brownie points it’ll score me with Jesus! Eh, at least if I get a DUI while I’m wearing it, I’ll be granted eternal salvation. That’s how that works, right?

He is a damn idiot...drinking beer during golf while on probation?

Looks like he'll "get away" with his imbibing while golfing with the cops...something tells me The Commish won't be so lenient.

Lets see how much $$$ he losses through suspension for having a few beers...what a fool.

I hate this team...
GALLOWAY SIGNS WITH PATRIOTS

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 14, 2009, 3:11 p.m.
The New England <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_5_0">Patriots </nobr>have signed former Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Joey Galloway to a one-year contract, according to Steve Duemig of WDAE in Tampa.
In four starts last season, Galloway caught 13 passes for 138 yards. In 2007, he caught 57 passes for 1,014 yards and six touchdowns.
According to <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_7_0">NFL</nobr>.com, Galloway has registered 682 career receptions for 10,710 yards and 77 touchdowns in 14 NFL seasons.

It looks like Jay Cutler met with the new coach McDaniels and nothing went well. Is Jay Cutler a pussy or what? I fucking hate that guy. Great arm but needs to man up and realize the NFL is a business. And he's not the owner. Now he's got his house up for sale and is really just being a little bitch. Guess what Jay, I'm sure the 2nd best player Brandon Marshall gets talked about in trades. The 3rd best player too whoever that is. And so on. Nobody is immune from trade talks. Grow up and quit crying.

newlionsuni.JPG

REPORT: CUTLER, MCDANIELS “EXCHANGED WORDS”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2009, 5:46 p.m.
The soap opera in Denver continues.
Updating his story from earlier in the day, Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and coach Josh McDaniels “exchanged words” during Saturday’s meeting.
It’s not a promising development, given that it’s the first time they’d ever met as coworkers.
We’ll be taking a comprehensive look at the burgeoning Mile High mess in our Monday SportingNews.com item.

REPORT: CUTLER ISN’T GOING TO SHOW UP MONDAY

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 15, 2009, 7:47 p.m.
Unhappy Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, who’s feuding with team officials, doesn’t plan to report for a voluntary workout scheduled for Monday, according to Vic Lombardi of CBS4 in Denver.
So, the standoff continues.
Per the report, tight end Tony <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_3_0">Scheffler </nobr>also plans to skip the workout session.
Both Cutler and Scheffler are represented by agent James “Bus” Cook, according to <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_4_0">NFL </nobr>Players Association records.
As for Cutler putting his house up for sale, Lombardi reports that the timing of the sale is coincidental and not tied to the quarterback’s displeasure at being involved in trade discussions.
Apparently, Cutler’s plan to sell the house had been in motion for several months.

:36_11_6:

Last edited:
This Culter thing just gets funnier and funnier.

I suppose it's like a Steelers fan watching what's going on with the Browns, only it's worse. The Broncos should have won their division last year, they decide, just barely to run their coach and front office, and now the new regime is looking to raze the franchise. It's amazing.

This Culter thing just gets funnier and funnier.

I suppose it's like a Steelers fan watching what's going on with the Browns, only it's worse. The Broncos should have won their division last year, they decide, just barely to run their coach and front office, and now the new regime is looking to raze the franchise. It's amazing.

:cheers:

BOWLEN: “WE MIGHT LOSE OUR STAR QUARTERBACK”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2009, 8:51 p.m.
Broncos owner Pat Bowlen publicly addressed on Sunday the ongoing feud between the team and quarterback Jay Cutler.
And Bowlen recognized that which anyone not in denial about the situation already realized — a divorce could be coming.
I’m very disappointed,” Bowlen said. “I’m disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback.”
Cutler is under contract for three more seasons. So if the Broncos choose to take a hard line, Cutler has no real options.
Meanwhile, Taco Bill suggests a new approach for dealing with Cutler.

I'm not sure I have said this in a long time, but I don't think there's anybody in the Broncos v. Cutler fight that's handled it well. McDaniels seems like perhaps the worst, but Cutler's been bad, Bowlen's been MIA, it's a mess on every possible side of that thing and suddenly the Broncos go from a team that looked like it was re-tooling and might stay around 8-8 to a team that may rebuild completely and head for 5-11.

No one reporte the trade in here.

Julian Peterson gives Lions options at linebacker

by Tom Kowalski Sunday March 15, 2009, 12:15 AM

medium_peterson15.jpg
AP PhotoFormer Michigan State star Julian Peterson is a five-time Pro Bowler and fills a void at linebacker for the Detroit Lions.
ALLEN PARK -- When Gunther Cunningham took the job as the Detroit Lions' defensive coordinator, he said he liked to put a lot of pressure on the quarterback and now he's got another weapon to do that.
Julian Peterson, the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker, was acquired by the Lions on Saturday in a trade that sent defensive tackle Cory Redding to the Seattle Seahawks. As part of the deal, the Lions also shipped their fifth-round draft pick to the Seahawks.
Peterson, the former Michigan State star who will turn 31 in July, has not missed a game in the last three years and made the Pro Bowl each season.
Peterson became available because he refused to take a pay cut and, according to ESPN.com, the Seahawks planned to release him. Peterson is scheduled to make $6.5 million in salary this season.
While the Lions could've waited until Peterson became a free agent to try to sign him without compensation, it has been a weak free agent pool at linebacker this season and the Lions didn't want to lose a bidding war for Peterson.
Peterson will fill Detroit's vacancy at strongside linebacker and he brings a lot of versatility including the ability to get after the quarterback. Peterson can play the run well, drop back in coverage and also blitz. Peterson had five sacks last year and has a total of 46 for his nine-year career. He had a career-high 10 sacks in 2006 and 9 1/2 in 2007.
The addition of Peterson throws a twist into the draft possibilities with Detroit's first overall pick.
Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry, who played the strong side in college, has been deemed "the safest pick'' in the draft by several draft analysts. If the Lions were to take Curry, he would have to be moved to the middle.
"He played (middle linebacker) in nickel so that's not really a projection for him,'' Lions coach Jim Schwartz said earlier this week. "He's played a lot of different things.''
The other players who are considered the best prospects to be taking at No. 1 include Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford and left tackles Jason Smith (Baylor) and Eugene Monroe (Virginia).
Redding's six-year career in Detroit is highlighted by remarkably good timing. Redding was an average defensive end for his first three years, but was then moved to defensive tackle for 11 games in 2006.
Redding had a tremendous run, recording eight sacks and was a disruptive force in the running game. The Lions franchised Redding and awarded him with a seven-year, $49 million contract that included $16 million in guaranteed money.
In his 28 starts since signing that contract, Redding had just four sacks. Other than that 11-game hot streak (in which he had eight sacks), Redding only had eight sacks in his other 65 starts for the Lions.

Only the Lions would make that trade.

I thought they fired Millen??

Who replaced him?? Millens brother??

They traded a promising tackle in the cheaper years of his contract and a draft pick for an aging linebacker in the backloaded years of his contract who WAS GOING TO BE RELEASED?!?

Unreal

I understand what your saying but Cory has been way below-average since he got that payday.

In his 28 starts since signing that contract, Redding had just four sacks. Other than that 11-game hot streak (in which he had eight sacks), Redding only had eight sacks in his other 65 starts for the Lions.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

NFL_Cutler_small.jpg

Jay Cutler confirmed late Sunday that he will not report to offseason training on Monday and has formally requested a trade from the Broncos.
Mar. 16 - 12:19 am et
Source: ESPN.com

NFL_Cutler_small.jpg

Jay Cutler confirmed late Sunday that he will not report to offseason training on Monday and has formally requested a trade from the Broncos.
Mar. 16 - 12:19 am et
Source: ESPN.com

well jay, if you werent such a deuchebag,

and rex ryan a take-no-shit, in your face, type of coach.... youd be a prime candidate for the job here in NY

:popcorn:

Denver

Cutler puts up his 2nd home for sale

The NFL would be a real mess if every player took trade talks so personally

Steelers

and Harrison are not even close to agreeing to anything

Cutler has also f**ked the Broncos by being such a b*tch about this whole thing. Who really wants to trade for a complaining whiner?

That whole thing still continues to blow me away. How somebody so incredibly stupid could be paid so much . . .

Back