NFC Championship Game Discussion

Let's talk potential line move. Current line is ATL -4. I like GB. I should jump on it now right? No way this line goes to 4.5 to 5. I think it goes closer to -3.5 or maybe even an even fg at -3.

Basically my only thought process and why I haven't hit it yet. I like Atl but hate 4 even though I would hit it there. Should be a great game with a ton of points. How about the total popping at 60.5?!?!?

I'm on the Over at 59...i think it's going to fly over. Atl has been doing it all season, but just looking at the divisional game, both teams took almost 16 minutes w their first drives and the total still got to 56.

I have a future on ATL to win Super Bowl...I think they win the game but 4? Waiting for line move to 3-3.5. I did take it for .25 unit in case goes to 4.5, but unlikely. These are not your old ATL

I'm on the Over at 59...i think it's going to fly over. Atl has been doing it all season, but just looking at the divisional game, both teams took almost 16 minutes w their first drives and the total still got to 56.
I tend to agree, but it seems you're asking for almost O perfection to get to 59.5? I would think that with a lead both teams will try running ball - I would. Hard to bet on a seamless offensive game from both teams

HAVE ATL TO WIN NFC SUPERBOWL AND PROP AT 3-1 OF ATL/PATS SUPERBOWL...... i like ATL think they have better D and O is prob better then GB as a whole.... they should do whatever they want on GB D just as Dak did in 2nd half..... think public will love GB and aron + pts and cant resist it...... should be close game but dont see how ATL doesnt go up n down on this D ... look how well aaron had to play yesterday look at the game he had to play and still needed 2 50+ FG to win game.....

I have GB to win NFC ticket at 8-1. Got $500 on it to win $4K.

Pretty sure I'm not hedging, but got a week to decide.

Feel like if I hedge, and GB does win, it wont be as exciting as a real win.

Wow Wiz. You have better self-control than me if you don't hedge on that. Sucks you have to lay -$ to do so but a profit is guaranteed.

Wow Wiz. You have better self-control than me if you don't hedge on that. Sucks you have to lay -$ to do so but a profit is guaranteed.

Got some time to decide. But I hate hedging. Its only 8-1. If it was higher, I might think about it more, like 10-1 or something.

Or I can add more to GB ML on Sunday, lol. I did that yesterday, took GB spread and ML for $500 each also, thats me being stubborn, lol

I tend to agree, but it seems you're asking for almost O perfection to get to 59.5? I would think that with a lead both teams will try running ball - I would. Hard to bet on a seamless offensive game from both teams

I don't really think it needs to be perfection. You have the two best Offenses going against two absolute sieves for defense. I think it's going to be like the Dallas game where its just back and forth and last team with the ball wins. There will probably be two quarters of 24 points...biggest play of the playoffs for me at 6oo. I think I'll also play an alternate total in the 60's.

Think about the Seattle game again, 7 points after the 1q. And they still ended up with 56 points. And Seattle's road offense is horrible. So both these offenses scored in the mid 30's last week, now they get the luxury of taking a step down in opposing defenses. I'm just really impressed with both theses offenses, more so with Atl's, but obviously Rodgers is in a zone right now, so that makes them scary as hell.

If this game was in GB, I would not play the Over. I love that Atl gets to be at home for this.

Atl has been amazing but dunno how you could lay points against #12 right now....he's in another world.

I think this will be a fun weekend of football, well Sunday. Both games.

Posted this last week but Rodgers now 13-7 ATS when getting 3+. You just don't lay points with bad defenses against elite QBs. ATL D is a total sieve, and for that matter so is GB. Game is going to be 38-35 or 34-31 whoever has the ball last. GB is the play again.

Kind of give "intangibles" edge to GB as well. They absolutely pissed away the NFC championship game two years ago and that left a MAJOR scar on all those players. With a another chance and better matchup it's hard not to see them doing that again. As good as ATL has been all year they are still a VERY young team.

Atl has been amazing but dunno how you could lay points against #12 right now....he's in another world.

+1

Let's talk potential line move. Current line is ATL -4. I like GB. I should jump on it now right? No way this line goes to 4.5 to 5. I think it goes closer to -3.5 or maybe even an even fg at -3.

would have said the same thing, but i have been terrible at guessing the playoff numbers so i just wait til kick

i still feel like i didn't pay enough attention to ATL this year, not sure they'd be here today if SEA went up 17-7 after that huge Hester return.

With that said, ATL stepped on the throat early and that's exactly what you want a favorite to do.

So, was the thrashing on Saturday ATL being a title-winning team or was it SEA being too banged up?

i still feel like i didn't pay enough attention to ATL this year, not sure they'd be here today if SEA went up 17-7 after that huge Hester return.

With that said, ATL stepped on the throat early and that's exactly what you want a favorite to do.

So, was the thrashing on Saturday ATL being a title-winning team or was it SEA being too banged up?

3rd string RCB DeAndre Elliot had 4 tackles in the game for Seattle, but still have to give a ton of credit to the falcons and not make excuses. Combo of both is the fair answer imo.

This.

The Falcons do have the storybook on their side. Matty Ice is due for success. The only way to stop this offense from going bananas is to get to Ryan and rattle him. If GB can do that they should be in the game the whole way. Packers are rolling. Big step up in competition from the Seahawks imho

No idea how to properly cap this game, sitting on an 8 unit profit if Atlanta wins the game - might just sit out and root for them.

Atlanta hasn't gotten their fair share this season, they have a QB playing as well as Rodgers with objectively better weapons and won't be dealing with a loud crowd Sunday. With that said, the last thing I need is more money going against Rodgers on Sunday. It'll come down to turnover margin, if anybody can steal an extra possession that should be enough. Either that or whoever happens to win a 4 point play on defense here and there.

GB has the worst defense left in the playoffs.

Rodgers 'Family Feud' shit gaining traction now with his old man running his mouth to the NY Post.

Matty Moonlight and Rodgers are the two best QB's in the league right now and the only 2 dudes in the MVP race.

Matty is a step-up from Dak obviously.

Falcons will get less love than the Cowboys and Dallas would have won that game on Saturday if their coach wasn't an idiot.

Very hard for the worst defense left to win 2 straight games on the road regardless how good #12 is.

Falcons the better team with an MVP level QB, at home vs the 1-man show that is Aaron Rodgers.

As good as Rodgers is he still needs those outside him to play well, we gonna rely on that patchwork offense to play that good again ?

Dan Quinn >>> Jerry's lovechild aka Carrot.

Rodgers has the look and mentality of a serial killer. Don't think his dad talking to another rag is going to make a lot of difference to Aaron.

Fan support gaining steam for him to fittingly perform, "No mo play in GA" Building would erupt. NSFW

[video=youtube;yIJBTvjjFmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIJBTvjjFmw[/video]

Just "feels" like ATL is gonna get over the hump this year. But agree like most, will be a close game.
We agree that ATL has the slightly better D?
Home field is virtually void here I think....tickets still available from what I saw and the Pack will travel. This is the same squad that pumped fake noise in lol. Arod in the dome gets a level playing field....outdoors, Arod gets the big nod.

Interesting game.

Just "feels" like ATL is gonna get over the hump this year. But agree like most, will be a close game.
We agree that ATL has the slightly better D?
Home field is virtually void here I think....tickets still available from what I saw and the Pack will travel. This is the same squad that pumped fake noise in lol. Arod in the dome gets a level playing field....outdoors, Arod gets the big nod.

Interesting game.

Would strongly disagree. City is buzzing for a game more than it has in a decade. It's going to be very, very loud. Atlanta normally not a great crowd but trust me on this one

Rodgers has the look and mentality of a serial killer. Don't think his dad talking to another rag is going to make a lot of difference to Aaron.

Exactly. He obviously doesn't give a shit about what they think or he wouldn't have the relationship with them that he does.

Would strongly disagree. City is buzzing for a game more than it has in a decade. It's going to be very, very loud. Atlanta normally not a great crowd but trust me on this one

You are there so I guess I will have to go against their long history....
Are tickets not still available?
Also, ratio of birds to pack you expect?

Fan support gaining steam for him to fittingly perform, "No mo play in GA" Building would erupt. NSFW

[video=youtube;yIJBTvjjFmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIJBTvjjFmw[/video]

Always found it strange that Ying Yang Twinz "Stand Up(Get Crunk)" to be the NO TD song.....it was played during the SB run, and just kinda stuck. But being Crunk is an ATL thing and those guys from GA, always was weird.
Especially in a town known for music lol.

But when Mystikal instrumentals are played on kickoffs, nothing better. Players dancing(both teams sometimes lol).....but how can you not with those fonky fonky KLC/Full Pack/Beats by the Pound bass lines and snares!

You are there so I guess I will have to go against their long history....
Are tickets not still available?
Also, ratio of birds to pack you expect?

If tickets are still available it's because they are so expensive and we got lotta po folks in the city. I had a friend with a crazy hookup that sent me a link today and the top rows of the upper deck were available but only a handful they are going fast and for historically high amounts.

We have lots of opposing team fans at every game - it's the nature of no one being an Atlanta native it's such a transient city. Throw in the fact majority of season ticket holders don't live in city and many go to church and you don't have a full house until mid 1Q - its odd. I'd say 80/20 or more in favor of Birds. The dome can get real loud we just haven't had much to cheer about lately.

Always found it strange that Ying Yang Twinz "Stand Up(Get Crunk)" to be the NO TD song.....it was played during the SB run, and just kinda stuck. But being Crunk is an ATL thing and those guys from GA, always was weird.
Especially in a town known for music lol.

But when Mystikal instrumentals are played on kickoffs, nothing better. Players dancing(both teams sometimes lol).....but how can you not with those fonky fonky KLC/Full Pack/Beats by the Pound bass lines and snares!

This was a funny tweet I saw thew other day that was actually pretty accurate:

Fox weekly Falcons home game soundtrack:
Luda
Hey Ya
Luda
Whoomp! There It Is
Luda
Welcome to Atlanta [feat Luda]
Luda
Hey Ya

HFA is extremely overrated in this league, but domes do seem to be a bit louder than outdoors. How loud is it gonna be when there's 40% Packers fans though? They travel better than anyone in the league not named PIT and at only 71k capacity i'm not sure how bad that even is

Ryan may have had a great season to be the MVP favorite, but none of that matters this weekend and I would expect Rodgers to outplay him by a fair amount. The way the GB defense surrendered that big lead worries me a lot, especially if they're on the field and need to stop ATL who can run the ball so well, but I also gotta think that they stay on the gas unlike last weekend to prevent that deja vu

Not sure anything besides a Rodgers inactive could stop me from taking more than a FG here

Teams seem almost identical to me. Interesting that the future lines on the SB rate the Pack as 1 to 1.5 points better than Atlanta. Yet we're getting 4.5 to back Rodgers now? Would think it should be closer to 2. Something smells here, and Vegas could use a win....

Teams seem almost identical to me. Interesting that the future lines on the SB rate the Pack as 1 to 1.5 points better than Atlanta. Yet we're getting 4.5 to back Rodgers now? Would think it should be closer to 2. Something smells here, and Vegas could use a win....

agree with this....i think atlanta's offensive performance was dominant enough on saturday to cause a 4 opener, what has me curious is the move to 5, wondering if anyone thinks it will rise or go back toward 3.5

i agree with your theory here, but Rodgers is much better than Ryan but that's where the GB advantages end. ATL has the better running game, defense and more explosive playmakers like Julio Jones and now i think you also gotta consider Taylor Gabriel, too. Not sure it's worth five points at all here though

Win, Lose or Draw (hopefully win) how is a tease of Packers +11.5 & OVER 54.5 not the best opportunity ever for a teaser. I'd think Vegas has accepted more $$ on this teaser than perhaps any other in a long while. Perhaps this is the reason that the Total is 60.5? Keep even the 6 pt tease @ a high total?

Rodgers vs blitz (no blitz) in playoffs57% comp (67%)4.9 YPA (10.8)1/1 TD/INT (5/0)67.0 passer rating (132.5)ATL 20% blitz rate (30th)

-- Courtesy of Pat Thorman of Football Outsiders.

Most knowledgeable football docs on twitter mentioning that Adams will be a full go on Sunday and that there's a good chance Jordy can at least try to give it a go on passing downs. For whatever that's worth.

Back