NBA Wednesday

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, congrats to the winners last night. Held off the Pacers to pick up a win. Think things are turning back around as have hit 4 staright(sorry, played one last Thursday thru a local and didn't post it...then Detroit at last minute Monday..both small). Been some that I missed though as the weekend was very hectic(most notably the Jazz last night and the Nets the night before). Thats fine, things are starting to fall into place. Whe are in the last 10-12 games and there are a lot of teams fighting for position and whatnot.

Washington -7.5 -110 2 units

Yeah, road chalk. Thats what we have had to play over the years later in the season. We'll win more than we lose in the next three weeks if things hold true. The Wizards were awful in Portland last night. Blazers are still hanging by a thread so not suprised. Washington a little letdown after the fantastic performance on Sunday night. Seattl did beat Portland but otherwise has been brutal. Their defense gets worse and worse and I think Washington should cruise here. No reason the Bullets don;t go for about 110 here. Their defense should be able to hold the Sonics to 90-95 I think and we'll get a double digit win. Washington still can catch Cleveland for homecourt as they are just two back in the loss column. At the same point the surging Sixers are fast on their heels.

Atlanta -8 -110 2 units

Hey, its are favorite team of inconsistency the Atlanta Hawks. You can't fault a loss at Chicago. The Bulls are fighting for their chance to get swept in the first round as well(lol). Milwaukee is terrible right now. Yes they beat Cleveland last Saturday but that was a scheduling game as much as anything imo(5 in 7 for Cle). The Cavs had just come off big wins versus the Stons and Raptors. Line may seem big but they all are going to for the next few weeks.

Detroit/Toronto thoughts:

Really no idea. Detroit got up for a game against a good team. Thats about what they have to play for now. Saunders is trying different combinations to see what may work in different playoff scenarios. Theo has been a great addition. I really like the idea of throwing out him with Amir Johnson for a few minutes each game to really change the tempo defensively. Dixon is out. Thats good. Hunter looked good and spry in first game played inawhile. He and Stuckey really can get after it with on the ball pressure for short spurts. As with any Detroit game its all about if they wanna play team ball and attack. Games like Cleveland and Washington they settle for jumpers and have very few assists. When Detroit gets 20+ assists they are very tough. When they get 25+ assists they don't lose period.

Quick Thoughts:

New Jersey may..may be a play. At the -5 number I may consider it. That will be decided later. Boston situationally looks okay but I won't mess with teams like them and Detroit much late this season as who knows when the coaches start resting and this/that.

Nice to have you back BAR. Atlanta is a hard bet. Bucks were dreadful against the Heat, but still, they will come out and play tonight since this is their last play off hope for sure. Washington I believe is a good bet. Wizards won't lose twice in a row to lottery team and Seattle isn't all about winning anyway right now. Still a bit worried - how can a team lose to team without their two biggest names and four from the 5 supposed starters (Oden, Mills, Roy, Aldridge)
Houston -11 seems too low also. Houston must win, Minni losses by DD on a road as a daily manner.

BOL!!!

By the way, Detroit currently 2 place and 99% will finish that way. Toronto are 7th and may stay that way and that means, today we get a preview of a possible first round clash. Detroit usually pays atention to those kinds of things, no? B.A.R., any thoughts about this factor?

Thank god your back, now I can pay the mortgage this month :seeya:

I couldn't pick my nose right now, don't mind if I take these and get me out of the funk.

I'm sending ETG's sister down for a week or two.

"The white boy is back
And you know he can never be wack
The white boy is back

The white boy is back
With his foot up in your ass crack
The white boy is back ('cause you know he's the white boy)

The white boy is back
And you know that he never smoke crack
The white boy is back ('cause you know he's the white boy)"

- Whitey Ford

:tiphat:

GL tonight BAR. No thoughts on the Hornets game? Phoenix may be the play too...both have a lot to play for, Cavs are probably locked for #4, they won 9 in a row at home against mediocre opposition + Detroit, the Hornets enjoy this b2b spot, they're definitely the better team here.

Phoenix snatching 5,5...still considering though, the Celts rarely lay down...

Will play with you on Atlanta. Last 10 in this series the winner has covered 9-1. Referees composite 30-21 for the home fav in this range. Bell being hurt possibly the last blow to the Bucks who are 2-10 ats last 12 on the road.Atlanta off a 5-9 loss 5-1 ats next game at home. Still looking at other games. GL

Last edited:
wont be joining you on these, but i do like the atlanta play. curious to hear your thoughts on philly tonight, i think they cover myself.

also, i lean indy tonight off the loss last night. they have been solid in b2b situations ats. however jersey has been playing great at home since the kidd trade. really like boston tonight as well with revenge. cleveland looks like a possible play as well, hornets have been hot, may be in a position for a let down and cleveland i expect should rebound from the milky loss. tough to go against lebron in these types of games. overall a pretty good card tonight. gl bar!

RIP is probably tonight vs the raps.

beware miami backers marion did not make the trip with miami. but then again never bet against an injury so you take miami right?

tmac is "iffy" tonight and might need xrays.

By the way, Detroit currently 2 place and 99% will finish that way. Toronto are 7th and may stay that way and that means, today we get a preview of a possible first round clash. Detroit usually pays atention to those kinds of things, no? B.A.R., any thoughts about this factor?

Flip won't show his hand as far as a possible first round matchup goes. Keep an eye on Rips status. He has averaged 30.5 ppg in the two meetings thus far this season.

GL tonight BAR. No thoughts on the Hornets game? Phoenix may be the play too...both have a lot to play for, Cavs are probably locked for #4, they won 9 in a row at home against mediocre opposition + Detroit, the Hornets enjoy this b2b spot, they're definitely the better team here.

Phoenix snatching 5,5...still considering though, the Celts rarely lay down...

Cleveland is sort of locked in and New Orleans I think has some advantages at certain positions. I dunno though. Just no real feel on this game.

Just saw that the Phx line moved drastically so will reserve my thoughts for now.

Will play with you on Atlanta. Last 10 in this series the winner has covered 9-1. Referees composite 30-21 for the home fav in this range. Bell being hurt possibly the last blow to the Bucks who are 2-10 ats last 12 on the road.Atlanta off a 5-9 loss 5-1 ats next game at home. Still looking at other games. GL

Thanks for the encouraging numbers Tuck. GL on the play.

RIP is probably tonight vs the raps.

beware miami backers marion did not make the trip with miami. but then again never bet against an injury so you take miami right?

tmac is "iffy" tonight and might need xrays.

Just saw the injury report:

McGrady-Questionable(sand in vagina)
Marion-Doubtful(ditto)

Update on Rip Hamilton and Juan Dixon

by A. Sherrod Blakely Wednesday March 26, 2008, 12:19 PM

TORONTO -- Both Rip Hamilton (left hip) and Juan Dixon (left calf) were at the team's shoot-around this morning, but spent most of the time on the sidelines working with Arnie Kander, the team's strength and conditioning coach.
Flip Saunders said that both are doubtful for tonight's game, which means rookie Arron Afflalo will once again get the starting nod.
Far more interesting was the players-only meeting the Pistons had prior to walking on to the court. Players were relatively mum on the meeting's specifics, but there were two general themes that seemed to be points of discussion.

1) Conditioning -- lately, the Pistons have been bothered by a few nagging injuries, in part because the players don't necessarily follow through as well as they should on the pre-game and shoot-around conditioning drills led by Kander. There was a noticeable improvement in their focus during those drills this morning, which may very well be tied into the team meeting.
2) Playoff preparation -- A couple different players mentioned how it's time for them to start to not just think about the playoffs, but start developing the kind of habits needed to ensure they don't suffer yet another early playoff exit.
"It's a different story in the playoffs," said Pistons forward Antonio McDyess. "We still haven't won it (an NBA title) in the last three years, so we got to gather ourselves, talk to each other and know what we need to do to get to that point."
"Said Rasheed Wallace: "We're just trying to gear ourselves up, through execution, and get ready for the playoffs. We got 3, three and a half weeks left. We got to hold down home court and try to go undefeated at home over these last few games."
I'll have more on this, as well as the Pistons' thoughts on Chris Webber's retirement, in the Booth Newspapers and on mlive.com later.

wtf is with this line...?

-1 to +1.5.....? why, cus TJ Ford & Rasho Nesterovic are going to start?

Detroit was -4.5 the first game at Toronto
Detroit was -7.5 the game here in Auburn Hills

Whats the true line in this series?

The current Det +1.5 would indicate the line would be Det -4.5 at home without Rip Hamilton. I think thts a bit drastic in all honesty with the deep bench and how Afflalo has stepped up in every start and how Stuckey is coming off his best game as a pro.

For a guy looking for "Value" on a moneyline I am sure this is one your tracking. Just like monday night when they were giving you free money but you had your mouth full with a pizza...lol..jk..I know it hurts.

Now, situational standpoint. Could this be a vanilla game for Detroit as this is a possible matchup now first round? Perhaps. Also, this is al ong stretch of games and the Monday game was of playoff intensity. On the Raptors side they have only beaten Seattle and Miami over last 10 games and really need to stem the tide quickly as Bosh qoutes have indicated. Is this he game the Raptors fight with for their lives or do they continue to roll over?

For those asking about the Sixers. I do lean that way but at same point Chicago is still fighting for a spot and cannot be overlooked.

i got -7 on the wiz and -7.5 on the hawks. chalky bar. let's get this damn chalk. BAR sweeps tonight.

For those asking about the Sixers. I do lean that way but at same point Chicago is still fighting for a spot and cannot be overlooked.

sixers might have some vodka still in their gatorade after a tremendous fight and win against mighty boston.

Detroit was -4.5 the first game at Toronto
Detroit was -7.5 the game here in Auburn Hills

Whats the true line in this series?

The current Det +1.5 would indicate the line would be Det -4.5 at home without Rip Hamilton. I think thts a bit drastic in all honesty with the deep bench and how Afflalo has stepped up in every start and how Stuckey is coming off his best game as a pro.

For a guy looking for "Value" on a moneyline I am sure this is one your tracking. Just like monday night when they were giving you free money but you had your mouth full with a pizza...lol..jk..I know it hurts.

And I'm still kicking myself in the teeth over it. For a 3ft tall 300 pound santa lookin fuck like me, that's impressive.

Now, situational standpoint. Could this be a vanilla game for Detroit as this is a possible matchup now first round? Perhaps. Also, this is al ong stretch of games and the Monday game was of playoff intensity. On the Raptors side they have only beaten Seattle and Miami over last 10 games and really need to stem the tide quickly as Bosh qoutes have indicated. Is this he game the Raptors fight with for their lives or do they continue to roll over?

the one thing that bothers me is that they could just take the night off to not tip their hands.......

but

I honestly think the pistons bench, especially the guards, are more than capable of competing with the Raptors especially given their form for this entire month....

Flip won't show his hand as far as a possible first round matchup goes. Keep an eye on Rips status. He has averaged 30.5 ppg in the two meetings thus far this season.

Oh yeah, that I noticed, about Rip being hot when it comes to Raptors. Wierd though. Parker isn't the best defender in the world, but half decent one.

BTW, the Nets play seems simply great and if Nets win this one, I'm on Pacers two days later and if Pacers win this one, I'm on the Nets on Friday...

Back