NBA Tuesday Discussion/Plays

linewatcher

Pretty much a regular
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds><TD colSpan=7>NBA Basketball - Tue 12/30

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds><TD colSpan=3>Game</TD><TD>Spread</TD><TD>Money Line</TD><TD>Total Points</TD><TD>More</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Tue 12/30</TD><TD>501</TD><TD>New York Knicks</TD><TD>+5 -102</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 206.5 -110</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>04:05 PM</TD><TD>502</TD><TD>Charlotte Bobcats</TD><TD>-5 -108</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 206.5 +100</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Tue 12/30</TD><TD>503</TD><TD>Atlanta Hawks</TD><TD>+1 -107</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 206 -110</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>04:05 PM</TD><TD>504</TD><TD>Indiana Pacers</TD><TD>-1 -103</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 206 +100</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Tue 12/30</TD><TD>505</TD><TD>Cleveland Cavaliers</TD><TD>-5 -105</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 182.5 -104</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>04:35 PM</TD><TD>506</TD><TD>Miami Heat</TD><TD>+5 -105</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 182.5 -106</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Tue 12/30</TD><TD>509</TD><TD>Phoenix Suns</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>05:05 PM</TD><TD>510</TD><TD>Memphis Grizzlies</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Tue 12/30</TD><TD>511</TD><TD>Milwaukee Bucks </TD><TD>+8 -106</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 187.5 -105</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>05:35 PM</TD><TD>512</TD><TD>San Antonio Spurs</TD><TD>-8 -104</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 187.5 -105</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Tue 12/30</TD><TD>513</TD><TD>Minnesota Timberwolves</TD><TD>+12.5 +100</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 197 -105</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>05:35 PM</TD><TD>514</TD><TD>Dallas Mavericks</TD><TD>-12.5 -110</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 197 -105</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Tue 12/30</TD><TD>515</TD><TD>Los Angeles Clippers</TD><TD>+1.5 -105</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 191.5 -105</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>07:05 PM</TD><TD>516</TD><TD>Sacramento Kings</TD><TD>-1.5 -105</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 191.5 -105</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Tue 12/30</TD><TD>517</TD><TD>Boston Celtics</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>07:05 PM</TD><TD>518</TD><TD>Portland Trail Blazers </TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

at first glance, i'm liking miami ats because of the home and home factor. i believe portland will be +4 at home...interesting line for sure...thoughts? tuck, et al., what do you think yall?

Would definitely lean Heat, hadn't been for Lebron's birthday and the hype that consequently will surround this game. Like that, unless someone comes with a good angle i can't take them. I understand they have been even doing special editions on nba tv culminating with this game for the event.

"Raja Bell (groin strain) did some shooting at practice Monday and said he hasn’t ruled himself out of playing Tuesday against the New York Knicks.
However, coach Larry Brown sounds reluctant to play Bell, over concern he might worsen the injury by coming back too soon. Bell hurt himself in Saturday’s home loss to the New Jersey Nets and had been on quite a shooting streak of late: 22-of-42 from the field and 13-of-19 from 3-point range in his last four games.
(Bell is fourth in the NBA in 3-point percentage, at 46 percent.)
Brown said if Bell doesn’t play, any one of three players could fill his starting spot – Matt Carroll, D.J. Augustin (still limited by a sprained ankle) or Sean Singletary.
"(charlotte Observer)

Can I get an opinion on how the news here might affect the total in this game?

zach randolph out ?
can triumvirate gordon , davis , thornton small lineup attack the rim enough ?
to push over a 191 in ARCO ?
after kings score measly total while also setting franchise low

here are my leans:
Indiana -1: This line doesn't make sense as i expected the Pacers to be getting points against a team on a b2b after a blowout victory over a good team. Hmm.
-----------------------------------
Cleveland -5: Home and homes seem to split ATS and Miami covered on Sunday.
---------------------------
Memphis +6: I seem to always lean this team, but Nash leaving tonight's game has me curious about his status for tomorrow and i'm not sure the Suns can cover this on the road without him.
----------------------------------------------------------
Boston -3.5: I had them -7, and i think they'll blow out an overrated Blazers team.
--------------------
Dallas -12.5: THey should blow out a team off a OT win

...i'll look for responses in the morning as i'm fucking dead

Pacers, Knicks and Heat in first glance, with particulary loving the Knicks bet. First thoughts only of course :)

like pacers,already on it at -1. hopefully it moves tmr and i can middles if i want.

but i looked it over and it seems like the home team dominates the series

Just started looking. In the last game at home where Dallas played the Grizz we saw a change in the weather. Dallas had beaten this team 16 in a row. Dallas was coming off a win and they never let the Grizz win a quarter. In the fourth quarter up by 10 they expanded the lead to 18. Just a quess is that they were annoyed the Grizz had had a good game vs the Lakers but in any case this indicates to me that the peaceful easy going Dallas at home may be gone. Minn has not covered after a win this year. This is four in 5 with ot and they won the game. Really doubt Jefferson plays very long. Possibilities seem to be Dallas, under in the game and Minn team total under. Some speculation here as Dallas has been trash for the most part at home but those are the things I am thinking. First half Minn team total under might be interesting.

NO is operating on triple revenge and after this game go on a 4 game road trip from Hell. Probably have to play them some way here but until I see a spread --? Just not seeing Wiz with motivation here with their next game being Boston.

You're right Tuck, but the problem is that we Dallas -12.5 and I doubt Hornets will be any less. Hornets are before a long road trip against Western finest (Portland, Denver, Lakers and Utah). What you are saying makes sense, just a bit caution. GL!!!

Referees not so good for a direct play on Dallas but Pinnacle moved their line easily to 13. They like to take positions and are quietly going along here. Have taken under 196.5 for a moderate bet. Would be a better play if the Wolves did not have 2 days off. Referees massively over in the Portland game.

what about memphis? nash might be out.......shaq is non exisetent in B2B games. He scores lost of points afer 2+ days rest.....like yesterday.....but on b2b he avg like 7 points a game.

i just played the hornets.....don t like the spot for the wizards....with butler hopefully out.....on b2b after a surprising win against houston.

somehow i'm still thinking Indiana's the best bet on the board.

...like Boston, Cleveland and Memphis also, but not as much

Charlotte -5
Indiana -1
Cleveland -5
Washington +15
Phoenix -2.5
SA -8
Minn +12.5
Sac -2.5
Portland +4

zach randolph out ?
can triumvirate gordon , davis , thornton small lineup attack the rim enough ?
to push over a 191 in ARCO ?
after kings score measly total while also setting franchise low

yes because both teams do not understand the word defence.:36_11_6:

Plays :

1stHalf NYK +2.5 {2x}
NYK +5 {1x}
Pacers ML -115 {4x}
Cavs -5-120 {4x}
Suns -2.5 -120 {3x}
Mavs -12 {4x}
Hornets -14 (2x)
Spurs 1st Q -2.5x{3x}
Spurs 1st H -4.5{2x}

GL

Cleveland minus 3 first half. Think Cleveland wins and covers anyway but you can always make a second bet at half time and Miami has been pitiful at home first half against average teams. Cleveland started slow last time. Think it Very unlikely that repeats.
Portland over 89.5 team total. Yes I know Roy probably misses.

Last edited:
Staying away from TOTALs for now just short on time....

Bumped Indy to (5x) , played CLE 1st H -3 (3x) thanks to Tuck , then some parlay action CLE , Indy and Dallas....and a round robin with those 3 and the Hornets ...(each 1x)..:cheers:GL

tuck, roy is not playing tonight?

The news was not good out of the Trail Blazers shootaround Tuesday morning: All-Star guard Brandon Roy has declared himself doubtful to play in tonight's game against Boston at the Rose Garden because of a lower right hamstring injury.
"I'm kind of doubtful,'' Roy said. "It's a little more serious than I thought. It still hurts.''
Roy was slated for treatment this morning, and more later today when he arrives at the Rose Garden. He said he will try to warm-up and assess whether he can give the team anything, but neither Roy nor coach Nate McMillan were very hopeful.
The question is not so much whether Roy could play tonight as much as whether Roy could make it out of tonight's game without making the injury worse.

"The question now is do you risk it for one game or be a little more patient?'' Roy said. "We still have a couple days until the next game. That's kind of what we are looking at right now.''
If Roy is unable to play, McMillan said he will start rookie Rudy Fernandez at shooting guard and move rookie Jerryd Bayless into the backup role, where he will play alongside Sergio Rodriguez.
Center Greg Oden, who injured his left ankle in Monday's practice, was active in the team's shootaround and coach Nate McMillan said he expects the rookie to start.
The team is still listing both Roy and Oden as game-time decisions.

Plays :

1stHalf NYK +2.5 {2x}
NYK +5 {1x}
Pacers ML -115 {5x}
Cavs -5-120 {4x}
1st H Cavs -3 {3x}
Suns -2.5 -120 {3x}
Mavs -12 {4x}
Hornets -14 (2x)
Spurs 1st Q -2.5x{3x}
Spurs 1st H -4.5{2x}

Parlay: Cavs , Indy Mavs {1x}
Round Robin (Four- 3 team parlays) : Cavs , Indy , Mavs , NOH

Wins +11.00 Losses : -28.25 & -5.00 Parlays

GL

Some crap ass results so far ...

Blazers 1st Q +2 -115 {2x}
1st H Blazers +3 {2x}

-Shorthanded and all!

Over 193 Kings {3x}

2nd H Dallas -12-115 {5x}
2ndh Spurs -6{2x}

GL ..wish me some !:cheers:

Last edited:
Ugly day passed on NOH and PHO at half which were easy winners . Probably should have maxed the MAVS at half the Wolves fold like no other in the 2nd H.

2nd Half :
Over 96 LAC {6x}
Clippers -1 {4x}

GL

What a day ...

Kings 82-80 with 9 minutes left the Kings game ends 92-90 and 88-86LAC with 5 minutes ..6-2 Kings in the LAST 5 minutes !

Celts westie hangover continues

long season...not worried more then i am not happy at bench providing nothing last few games

Back