NBA Rumor Mill

Tough to be in Kerr's shoes right now when you have an owner going into his own seperate trade talks. I mean, this franchise has been messed up and you can blame Kerr but it cannot solely fall on his shoulders.

You're right. Kerr should get on the phone to Bill Parcells and ask him how he dealt with things like this in Dallas. Problem is Parcells would probably say, 'well, I got the f**k out of there and got a better job.' At which point Steve would call his pharmacy and ask for a refill on that bottle of Xanax.

anyone hearing anything substantive on andre miller?

heard rumors of portland, but i didnt hear what for??

I haven't heard anything of substance. I'll check the Portland Forums later but earlier today they had the ESPN Trade machine jamming out a 4 teamer that had Kobe and LeBron as Blazers...:seeya:

Heat

Riley trying to sign Wade long term

Hornets

Possible trade...Chandler for Wilcox and Joe Smith

Nets

Really want to get rid of Carter

just an interesting note...Oklahoma City has FIVE first round picks over the next two years...

Their own 2
Denvers this year
San Antonio's this year
Phoenix's next year

Now, theyre probably end of round picks, but still...

Dude I think any pick in the NBA draft is good to have....5 in the first round....ridiculous. But Im sure 2 or 3 of those will be traded

I haven't heard anything of substance. I'll check the Portland Forums later but earlier today they had the ESPN Trade machine jamming out a 4 teamer that had Kobe and LeBron as Blazers...:seeya:

I just traded Willie Green, Reggie Evans and Jason Smith for Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook...and it was successful! Get on it, Stefasnki.

Strangely it only says it would be a 9 win increase and projects them as a 52-30 team

^ what site is that? does it project how players will play with another style of player?

Dude I think any pick in the NBA draft is good to have....5 in the first round....ridiculous. But Im sure 2 or 3 of those will be traded

well its 3 this year and 2 next year...

the one mock draft i just saw had em taking Jordan Hill, Patty Mills and Darren Collison this year...

Draft is overrated

I looked through every draft from 1984 till 2007 last night. Was just curious. Its really not all its cracked up to be. Maybe every 4-5 years we get a really solid darft and thats maybe 10-15 contributors.

As far as picks, they are like gold to GM's though for throw ins on trades etc.

Look at Portland.

I guess the contra is Phoenix who drafts for everyone else.

I just traded Willie Green, Reggie Evans and Jason Smith for Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook...and it was successful! Get on it, Stefasnki.

Strangely it only says it would be a 9 win increase and projects them as a 52-30 team

That works due to rookie contracts.

that many draft picks is a HUGE bargaining chip...plus they have westbrook and green to use...and although OKC isnt a big market, they could land a high level talent from FA. Just think if Durant had someone like Al Jefferson on the block sucking in the defense. God that would be awesome, and I dont even like the Thunder.

Most teams dont know how to use draft picks wisely.

Draft picks are overrated in the wrong hands.

LAC, Bulls and soon the trailblazers just stock up on picks and young talent, but can never do anything with them. These teams NEED to trade one of their "potential" guys and bring him some guys who have been through the wars.

Hawks were on of these guys until they made the right call and sent their prospect guy in Sheldon Williams and draft picks for bibby.

Draft picks in the right hands ie Buford, it dont matter what round you draft in, they will find talent. IMO judging talent is about the only thing Zeke was decent at for the Knicks and Toronto.

I wanna see the Spurs land Vinsanity. That would make the Lakers collectively shit their pants.

Is he just gonna get waived by Sac and rejoin Boston?

If not, what a heartbreaker for the alien.

The hottest name at the trade deadline? A guy who hasn't played a game this season: Raef LaFrentz of the Portland Trail Blazers.

"If you asked owners in the league who they'd rather have right now, LaFrentz or Stoudemire, I think more than half of them would prefer LaFrentz," one executive told me. "That's how screwed up this thing has been. I guarantee you [Blazers GM] Kevin Pritchard has gotten better offers for LaFrentz than the Suns have gotten for Stoudemire."

NBA Trade Machine

Pistons get: Oden, Aldridge, Roy, Bayless, Frye...James and Snow... Kobe
Portland gets: Sheed, William Sharpe
Cavs Get: Allen Iversons expiring contract to try and sign boozer so that lebron comes back
Lakers get: Prince and Hamilton

Wins totals: Pistons +15, Portland -9 Cleveland -22, LA -8

lets do ittt

The New Orleans Hornets and Oklahoma City are closing in on a deal that will send center Tyson Chandler to the Thunder, according to NBA front-office sources.
984.jpg
Chandler

Two sources with knowledge of the trade parameters told ESPN.com that the deal is likely to be completed later Tuesday.
Although the entirety of the package New Orleans would receive for Chandler was not immediately known, ESPN.com reported early Monday that the Hornets -- who are looking to move Chandler mostly for financial reasons -- were in talks with the Thunder on a trade that would net the expiring contracts of forwards Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox.
The Thunder also possess numerous draft picks to sweeten trade packages, including five first-round picks in the next two drafts.

damn killa, you really consider that a good piece? more like a flaming pile of shit throw against a computer screen.

lets see, the guy considers odom the center, believes shaq to LA is all up to Kobe (LMFAO), believes shaq is a better fit next year for the lakers than odom, with Bynum coming back.

i keep hearing shaq to la on places espn and its as tho its being discussed in a vacuum of ignorance. the move would be straight up fucking retarded. lets trade one of the few players in the NBA that can actually play all 5 positions on the court for what will prove to be a backup big man. lets throw away what is currently the most dynamic and versatile offense for what? cuz bynum is out for another month or so?

with the vlad trade the lakers will save 7 mil over the course of the next two years and odom has stated he WILL take a pay cut to remain a laker. there is no chance the lakers give him away for what will prove to be a backup center making 20 mil a year.

sorry for the rant but i keep hearing from the media about what a great move it would be if the lakers traded for shaq and it really bothers me people are that stupid.

and I like how the piece was published yesterday, a full day after kobe made it clear he has no interest in a reunion.

The New Orleans Hornets and Oklahoma City are closing in on a deal that will send center Tyson Chandler to the Thunder, according to NBA front-office sources.
984.jpg
Chandler

Two sources with knowledge of the trade parameters told ESPN.com that the deal is likely to be completed later Tuesday.
Although the entirety of the package New Orleans would receive for Chandler was not immediately known, ESPN.com reported early Monday that the Hornets -- who are looking to move Chandler mostly for financial reasons -- were in talks with the Thunder on a trade that would net the expiring contracts of forwards Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox.
The Thunder also possess numerous draft picks to sweeten trade packages, including five first-round picks in the next two drafts.

:36_11_6::36_11_6: There goes the Hornets chances for the next two years...

Say the Thunder get like what the 3rd or 4th pick this year and end up with James Harden...

their starting 5 would be:

Chandler
Green
Durant
Harden
Westbrook

Thats not bad....

That would be dynasty in 5 years Smoke. Even if they dont add another huge piece they have the best young team in the NBA. GM there (Presti i think) has done an amazing job. Think I heard they have something crazy like 7 draft picks the next 2 years

I am on my knees praying John Hammond somehow finds a way to make this work. It will clear the cap space to sign Villanueva and Sessions both in the offseason

Jefferson And Ridnour To Portland?

Feb 16, 2009 11:09 AM EST

Jefferson_Richard_mil.jpg
The Blazers and Bucks have reportedly discussed a Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnour for Travis Outlaw, Sergio Rodriguez and Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract.
Portland is aggressively trying to use the trade asset of LaFrentz's expiring contract.

I think that will ultimately happen sig,

Been talked about. I think its there and ready but Portland is going to try and find best offer. Thats the fallback at least I would say.

I know many of you guys havent watched the Bucks a lot this year but I cant believe how it seems Jefferson has lost his legs basically. It seems he probably lost about 2 steps and all his athleticism. The thing that made him a very good player in NJ. Ridnour has far exceeded my expectations on running the team and hitting the jumper but with the next Magic Johnson in Ramon Sessions we really dont need him anymore. LaFrentz expiering with Outlaw and Rodriguez is a pretty nice package headed to Milwaukee

One rumored trade I've heard: McCants, Collins and Brian Cardinal for the Sixers' Samuel Dalembert, who would give Minnesota shot-blocking and athleticism in the frontcourt. But is he worth the two years and $25 million left on his contract?

:hang:

I hope this goes down. Collins and McCants contracts expire after this year. Cardinal is done in 2 years. Sixers would need to add some more salary to this deal, probably Kareem Rush.

damn killa, you really consider that a good piece? more like a flaming pile of shit throw against a computer screen.

lets see, the guy considers odom the center, believes shaq to LA is all up to Kobe (LMFAO), believes shaq is a better fit next year for the lakers than odom, with Bynum coming back.

i keep hearing shaq to la on places espn and its as tho its being discussed in a vacuum of ignorance. the move would be straight up fucking retarded. lets trade one of the few players in the NBA that can actually play all 5 positions on the court for what will prove to be a backup big man. lets throw away what is currently the most dynamic and versatile offense for what? cuz bynum is out for another month or so?

with the vlad trade the lakers will save 7 mil over the course of the next two years and odom has stated he WILL take a pay cut to remain a laker. there is no chance the lakers give him away for what will prove to be a backup center making 20 mil a year.

sorry for the rant but i keep hearing from the media about what a great move it would be if the lakers traded for shaq and it really bothers me people are that stupid.

I agree with him on that. You don't think it would affect LA's enthusiasm for this trade whether Kobe was 100% in favor of it or dead-set against it? I think if he told management he thought they needed Shaq right now and he was totally for it, the deal would be under serious talks right now.

Don't you think, though, that if they did reunite Kobe and Shaq that they might be able to pull in two more rings this year and next? They'd certainly be the favorites for it.

I'm not saying it's the single best idea, just asking the question.

Don't you think, though, that if they did reunite Kobe and Shaq that they might be able to pull in two more rings this year and next? They'd certainly be the favorites for it.

I'm not saying it's the single best idea, just asking the question.

I think it would be a sticky ass situation. Phil is a helluva coach but you try doling out playing time to Gasol, Bynum and O'Neal. Not to mention I think Drew meshes better with Gasol than O'Neal would.

Kobe wants to win one on his own. Count that. Now, could Shaquille end up there after next year. Absolutely. Kind of a swan song.

Kobe wants to win one on his own. Count that.

Yep. I think this is the thing that ends the discussion (right or wrong) before it even gets started.

Somebody on LA sports radio was talking about Kobe the other day. One of those guys who goes to the practices, etc. At any rate, he was saying that one of the things that really defines Kobe is how ridiculously competitive he is (something he also mimics from Jordan?).

I think that's why you saw him snap so quickly after the ASG basically saying 'hell no' to Shaq coming back. Because it would threaten his plan of proving not only that he can do it by himself, but that it was him driving that team all along. Not that anybody other than Kobe believes that, but who else matters in Kobe's mind.

Exactly that too.

The one way Kobe is just like Jordan is his practice habits. Tough to be a teammate of either of those guys. There are no practices off. These are not the Charles Barkley types who would sit on an excercise bike eating a plate of pancakes at practice nursing a hangover. Their intensity from the games carries over into practice and vice-versa.

Bulls-Toronto-Suns

Chris Bosh to Chicago
Amare to Toronto
Thomas,Gooden and draft picks to the Suns

Nets-Houston

McGrady for Carter

Suns

Kerr suggests Amare wont get traded

Cavs

Would like to get Camby

Hornets

Byron Scott didnt want chandler to go

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Carter to Houston Rumors:

The move for McGrady-Tracy's contract is up in 2010. He also would be under less pressure there as they are not a contending team next year when he gets back

The move for Artest, Landry and Head-thats the other one. Makes little sense to give up head(hehe) and Landry. Two young pieces, especially Landry.

John Salmons:

Having a career year out in Sacto. He will almost for sure be moved to someone. The new idea is to Dallas for JSEC(Jerry Stackhouse expiring contract).

Tuesday, February 17
Bosh Rumor Gains Steam

Chris Bosh | Raptors
The Amare Stoudemire trade talk still has the Bulls among the teams most involved, but a new scenario making the rounds has the Bulls taking part in a three-team deal that would bring Toronto Raptors star Chris Bosh to Chicago. The rumored swap would send Stoudemire to Toronto and land the Phoenix Suns a package of players and draft picks from the Bulls, likely to include Drew Gooden and his expiring $7.2 million contract, Tyrus Thomas and a first-round pick. -- Chicago Sun-Times

Nothing Imminent

Team president Ed Stefanski said the Sixers are still talking and listening about potential deals prior to Thursday's trade deadline. In an e-mail response late Monday afternoon, Stefanski said, "Nothing has changed. We continue to talk to teams throughout the league, but nothing is imminent." -- Bucks County Courier Times

McGrady Eyes More Opinions

Tracy McGrady | Rockets
Tracy McGrady will spend some of this week visiting out-of-town doctors to get more opinions on his left knee. He did not practice with the team Monday evening, will not play tonight against New Jersey and is listed by the Rockets as day-to-day. "I didn't expect to see him," said head coach Rick Adelman. "He's gonna get second opinions, and we just have to deal with who we have right now and get ready for this game [tonight]." -- Houston Chronicle

VC Swirls In Trade Winds

Vince Carter | Nets
The Nets and Rockets have exchanged trade proposals and continue to talk, according to league sources and sources close to the Nets. One scenario has Vince Carter and Josh Boone going to Houston for Ron Artest, Carl Landry and Luther Head. But another Texas team remains very much alive in the Carter sweepstakes. The San Antonio Spurs' package for Carter would include Roger Mason Jr., George Hill and Bruce Bowen, the sources said. The Nets would have to make other moves to clear roster room for the additional players they take back.
Nothing is imminent at this point, but the trade deadline is Thursday. Things are expected to heat up before then. -- The Record

Tim Duncan says he would love to have Carter as a teammate, and why not? At age 32, Carter remains one of the NBA's most productive small forwards, averaging 20.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 4.9 assists. Duncan hedges when the price for Carter reportedly includes Roger Mason Jr., Bruce Bowen, George Hill and Fabricio Oberto.
"I'd hate to see that many guys go," Duncan said.
If GM R.C. Buford can find a way to get Carter from the Nets without including so many rotation players -- a Robert Horry sign-and-trade could be part of such a solution -- it is easy to imagine Duncan giving such a deal the blessing Gregg Popovich likely would seek. -- San Antonio Express-News

"Doesn't bother me," Carter said of the incessant trade talks before the Nets practiced at the Toyota Center Monday. "I don't really get caught up in that. I hadn't heard anything -- through hearsay or through other people. No big deal." "Like I said, if it happens, it happens. I do my job regardless. I'm at a point in my career it's more about being professional. And I'm not avoiding the question. With the years behind [me], I've learned to just accept the reality of it and make the best of it."
Just the same, does he understand why the Nets would make such a move?
"I don't," Carter said with a laugh. "I won't [play GM]. It could be for so many reasons I couldn't name today. [But] I can hold my head up high and feel good about it. And if it happens, move on and do what I need to do." -- The Star-Ledger

Small Deal With Minnesota?

There remains the potential for the Kings to do a smaller deal, and sources said one such scenario exists with Minnesota. Third-year guard Quincy Douby ($1.4 million expiring contract) and veteran forward Mikki Moore ($5.8 million this season and only $2 million of $6.2 million next season guaranteed if waived by June 20) could go to the Timberwolves for guard Rashad McCants (expiring deal for $2.6 million). -- Sacramento Bee

Will Sixers Trade Miller?

Andre Miller | 76ers
The league's trade deadline is Thursday afternoon. If the Sixers believed they wouldn't be able to sign the free agent for next season, general manager Ed Stefanski might be forced to get what he can for Andre Miller now rather than watch him walk away at season's end without receiving anything in return. "That's not how we're looking at this. Not at all," Stefanski said yesterday. "I can't speak for Andre, but I think he likes it with us, and we like him. Getting the contract done is a process and the trading deadline this week is one step in the process."
"The only way we would trade Andre Miller is if we get a deal that makes basketball sense for us," Stefanski said. "We're not going to trade Andre Miller just to do a financial deal. We like him for all the things he does for us on the court, and we would like to keep him if at all possible." -- The Philadelphia Inquirer

Will DiLeo Remain The Coach?

Tony DiLeo | 76ers
Tony DiLeo, who remains the senior vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager, has reveled in the job. Even though both Ed Stefanski and DiLeo have said they will discuss the future after the conclusion of the season, it has become obvious that DiLeo very much wants to remain the coach. "When I first mentioned the possibility of coaching to him, I suggested that he take a day to think about it, but he said, 'No, I want to do it,'" Stefanski recalled. "Even the next day, I suggested he take another day and he again said he wanted to do it. One thing I know: Tony knows basketball, knows personnel. And these players knew him, because he was the one scouting them, drafting them, acquiring them. If he had been brand-new or coming from the outside, I would never have done that." -- Philadelphia Daily News

Clips Don't Want To Trade Camby

I've been repeatedly told the Clippers do not want to trade Marcus Camby. And really, why should they. Camby has a relatively inexpensive contract, has been a great team leader and is playing like an All Star. Now, does that mean the team would never trade one of the aforementioned players [Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, Zach Randolph and Camby]? No. It means they don't want to trade them and it would take a lot to change their minds.
I was told, however, that if the Clippers were trying to dump Chris Kaman's salary, they could've done it in two seconds. In other words, that's not the objective. -- Los Angeles Daily News

Miller On Knicks' Radar

Brad Miller | Kings
The interest in Brad Miller remains lukewarm leaguewide, but sources said he remains on New York's radar. The Knicks have indicated that they are interested in Miller or swingman John Salmons, with the potential players coming to Sacramento including Malik Rose ($7.6 million expiring contract), Nate Robinson ($2 million expiring contract) and Jerome James ($6.2 million this season, player option for $6.6 million next).
New York also is believed to have told the Kings it has no intention of trading exiled guard Stephon Marbury and his $20.8 million expiring contract. --Sacramento Bee

Big Trade Unlikely

New Jersey's Vince Carter, Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal and Minnesota's Mike Miller may sound delicious, but any chance of the Mavericks dealing for them is remote. More likely, according to a pair of NBA sources, is that the Mavericks would pull off a smaller deal for a player who would be solidly in their playing rotation.
The teams that seem to be on everybody's speed dial are Oklahoma City and Portland. -- The Dallas Morning News

Ankle Still Sore

Tyson Chandler | Hornets
After missing 12 consecutive games before the All-Star break with a sprained left ankle, Hornets starting center Tyson Chandler experienced a setback Monday. Chandler completed only half of Monday's practice before experiencing soreness in his left ankle.
Near the end of the Hornets' two-hour practice, Chandler appeared disappointed as he sat in a chair with socks on but no shoes.
"I'm trying to do everything in my will to stay on the court," Chandler said. "I made it through 75 percent of the practice, and then it got kind of sore on me. It's just not where I want to be or where the trainers wanted me to be." -- The Times-Picayune

Grunfeld Doesn't Regret Signing Arenas

Gilbert Arenas | Wizards
GM Ernie Grunfeld said that he does not regret awarding Gilbert Arenas such a huge contract last summer even though the three-time All-Star had been limited to 13 games last season after undergoing a second knee surgery. At the time of the signing, Grunfeld thought Arenas would be ready to play the majority of this season. Arenas originally expected to return by December, but has continued to experience discomfort in the knee and has been limited to games of one-on-one and other noncontact work. No official timetable has been established for Arenas's return, but, according to a team source, the Wizards expect to have Arenas and Haywood back before the end of the season. Grunfeld said he would "absolutely" sign Arenas again knowing what he knows now. "Gilbert is a top-notch player and we expect him to be back and we expect him to play at an All-Star level. I wish I had a time frame to give you, but you never really know with those things." -- The Washington Post

Ridnour Preparing To Return

Luke Ridnour | Bucks
Less than two weeks ago, on Feb. 5, Luke Ridnour suffered a fractured right thumb that was expected to keep him out of the lineup for at least four weeks. Now it's possible the 6-foot-2 guard could return to Milwaukee's lineup later this week.
"I think I'm way ahead of schedule," Ridnour said after finishing his shooting drills. "I'm just staying positive, trying to get ready and stay in shape. Hopefully, everything goes well these next couple days." -- Journal Sentinel

Waiting For A Call

Kevin Durant | Thunder
Kevin Durant said he did not meet with USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo during All-Star Weekend in Phoenix to talk about a possible roster spot on the 2012 team. "They honored the guys that won the Olympics so I guess their focus was all on that," Durant said. "But whenever he calls my name I'm going to be more than ready to participate. So I'm just waiting on that call.
"I heard all the guys that played before want to come back. Obviously there wasn't any room for me on that team, so I'll just wait my turn." -- The Oklahoman

Not Seeking Fame

Jerry Sloan | Jazz
Jerry Sloan didn't throw a party for himself at his Illinois farm this past weekend when it was announced that he is a Class of 2009 finalist for the Basketball Hall of Fame. "That hasn't been my ambition in coaching," he said Monday. "It hasn't been my ambition in playing."
The Jazz coach did, however, admit that it would be somewhat special.
"Obviously, it would be an honor," he said. "But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it." -- Deseret News

Back