NBA Rumor Mill

Amare Stoudamire might be the most overrated player in the NBA

he doesnt play defense....he doesnt rebound....and at least half his baskets are because Steve Nash is so good

signalcaller, i haven't heard any RJ rumors, and i pray to god there's no truth to those rumors. aside from paul pierce, there isn't a player in the league i hate more than that piece of shit rj. his addition would be a detriment to the team imo. i would much rather stay with the team we have now than to add him

Raps might be back in the swing of things.

The Raptors are "pushing hard" for Amare Stoudemire, according to one executive, but at this point they want to pair Stoudemire with Chris Bosh and continue to rebuff any trade proposals that include parting with Bosh.

Portland apparently has offered Aldridge and Bayless for Amare.

The Portland Trail Blazers have made a strong play for Amare Stoudemire, discussing a package that includes LaMarcus Aldridge, Jerryd Bayless, and Raef LeFrentz's $12.7 million expiring contract, a person with direct knowledge of the talks told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

kerr would be an idiot not to take that deal by the trailblazers. Amare is a bad fit with them, dont know what they're thinking.

good point....steve kerr needs to get killed more for what hes done to this phoenix team

they were a couple bad calls away from possibly winning 2 titles a few years ago and now theyre brutal

hes awful

Knicks

D'Antoni isnt a big fan of Amare Stoudmire?

Warriors

Al Harrington doesnt like Don Nelson

Nets

Vince Carter wants to stay in NJ

Honestly, I would pull out all the stops if I'm Cleveland. Wally's contract plus whatever the hell else Phoenix wants. Boston showed last year the value of saying fuck the future, let's pull out all the stops and win right now. But if you do it, you have to do it right, if you half-ass it and don't win a title, then you've fucked both your present and your future. If they get Amare, and they have 2 chances at a title with he and James, there's just no chance they go 0-2 IMO. None whatsoever.

See, the problem with you is you think Lebron is capable of winning an NBA Finals game. He got there when the road was easier than it had been... pretty much in history. His inability to hit jump shots and play defense, along with STAT... would not make for an auto-title. Although, they would become the favorites on paper. There's a reason why they haven't pierced him up with a big man... because he's no threat when you double down on Amare to do anything.

I think more impressive for the future of the Eastern conference would be Rose and STAT. They wouldn't win it this year, but every player on the Bulls would become that much better. This team won 50 games without a big man, with one...they'd compete for the EC championship with Boston aging in years to come. The #2 PG in the league w/ Amare would be nice for the next 5+ years.

^i don't know what the rest of your post said because i stopped reading when you said "his inability to play defense"---but i hope the rest of your post wasn't as ridiculous as that statement because he's definitely going to be on the all-defensive team this year and is the best defender on the number 1 defense in the league. and the even more ridiculous "easiest path to get there in history"----it's a real easy with the atrocious starting 5 he had that year ---you should know first hand how bad those guys suck, look at them now---and not even having homecourt and having to go through the team that has either won the ship or lost to the eventual champs the prior 3 years in a road series. yeah, easiest path ever.

i fail to see how Amare with Derrick Rose could be any better then Amare/Nash a couple of years. How are the role players on Chicago any better then what Pheonix had a couple of years. In fact i would say that the players in Chicago arent nearly as good as the players that Pheonix had around the 2 a couple of years ago.

Suns

Didnt feel like posting it earlier, but I heard this, in the afternoon, and laughed. Trade with the Griz

Suns wanted Warrick, Yag and Conley Jr....all for Stoudemire...

Knicks

Are interested in Warrior's Randolph

Magic

Nelson will have knee surgery

Raptors

Oneal's days look to be close to done with the Raptors

im hearing amaer eith ends up here or chicago...i seen you post joe and NO WAY do i give up boobie and hickson, as much as lebron loves Boobie...sasha being out kills us..i just cant give em boobie..and honestly i love hickson even more...i have very mixed thoughts with this one..ya but i cant part with boobie and wally..i need some shooters out there and sasha wont cut it as delontes back when they finally get healthy

this reported in forums at cavs.com

Rich Bucher was on ESPN and reported that Amare will still most likely be traded to a team in the East and it will probably be the Cavs or the Bulls. He also said that he doesnt know who the Cavs are offering that would send him here.

Then just a few minutes later I found this on another forum.

just heard on the radio that a deal has been accepted by both parties but because of the allstar break and Amare playing in phoenix and its fans it will not be anounced until after...SO Monday morning cant come any faster....lol

and then this a few minutes later...

The Team in question has not been mentioned....but they said its deffinately and Easter team...something we already knew...They Tried to interview Amare apparently last night and He said just wait till after the Allstar break with a smile...Sunsports Radio

Toronto would welcome Amare

We would have the starting pf, pg and sf for the NBA All Overrated team.

im still maintaining my belief that Stoudamire is vastly overrated

somewhat agree..im nervous honestly honestly, why fuck up a good thing..but i was scared mo wouldnt buy into the defense thing and hes been a lot better..lebron too over the last few years..i guess if we make the trade and it pans out..cavs are front runner right away for a championship, as right now id say they are 3rd(in public eye) behind lal and boston..team that worries me the most is the spurs though and adding amare helps us there

Can't see how he ends up in Cleveland. The Chicago package ism ore enticing in all honesty.

The Chicago package ism ore enticing in all honesty.

Please stop quoting Steed talking about the men he picks up, you're only encouraging him.

I am hearing that an insider connected with the organization at realcavsfans.com purporteldy believes the Cavs are close to securing Amare.....or have a very very good shot.

It would be JJ, Wally, 1st and maybe a 3rd team or different players but that is the jist.

PHX is looking financially to get some expiring contracts and rebuild the thing, Porter might be out as coach.

.......The most Promising info IMO is Ferry and Kerr have a deep and connected relationship. They both go back to the Spurs and there is a history of former Spurs helping each other out. Kerr and Ferry have that kind of demeanor that I could see them doing this. Different conferences.

Lebron and Amare are tight and if both of them want this to happen I think that plays a bit in it. Would certainly secure Lebron at Cleveland long term.

I think if anything the Cavs are trying to get more value for PHX but they don't want a restructuring of multiple players like last year and building new chemistry.....limit the amount of players as much as possible.

....Amare would open the offense up tremendously. Lebron would for REAL have shooters. Z, Amare, and entire perimter. Ben and Varejo don't get it done. Joe Smith is missed situationally.

....The Suns, if they could get Marion back,-----Jason Richardson is one of the best run and gun players out there. The Suns fucked up trading Joe Johnson and were missing a Jay Rich type the last few years. If Kalangelo never traded Joe Johnson the Suns are NBA Champs.

Jason Richardson is still the best dunk champion I've ever seen. Guy can bring things to the table.

But Steve Kerr is fucking shit up right now.

The Kerr-Ferry relationship could be big in all of this. I have heard some of the same stuff. I also have heard from even more outlets that a deal is done but the announcment will not come until Monday morning due to the ASG. The one thing with Cleveland is that Phoenix was nopt impressed with this deal intially. Now, that could change. May take a third team involved. We shall see. Porter is all but gone. Another move that needs to wait to be announced.

I heard the same thing about something indeed already being in place.....Monday is when it would come out. You just don't know if it's overreaction hype.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

Amare for Gordon, Gooden and Tyrus all day. Take Kirk, Larry, Paxson, Reinsdorf and Vinny too.

Paxson wouldn't trade less than that for KOBE LOL.

These GM's are dumb. Paxson you deserve to be in a FIMA camp you retard.

What would Cleveland's cap situation in 2010 be in terms of having the ability to sign them both? Would it be possible?

Killer- Do you watch this Korean league basketball? I am watching PROMY vs EGIS online--

I am betting on this also, I have reached new levels of degeneratism- Its hilarious this league, one black guy and all asians--

ALso I am making a lot of sense, must be the new diet of late

Haven't watched any Korean league yet.

You bet on it? Good lord, Sammy.

I am making a lot of sense these days Killa--

I am 2-0 on this league and like it a lot, I can win at anything, that i put my mind at.

Been betting KBL for the past 3 years.

If Kerr gives up Amare for that sorry ass apckage, then i scream collusion.

Grizz gave up Gasol cause they were rebuilding, looking to sell the team and have an idiot as GM.

The Suns should be retooling because they still have pieces, unless kerr decides he makes this trade and then joins the Cavs front office next year.

Wally is an expiring, hicks is a future journeyman bench player, and a pick in the late 20's for Amare?

Next years FA class is horrible, the Suns dont need the capspace for 2009.

Its good T dot i nailed EGIS over PROMY last night outright winner +10 live betting I got, that 7 foot asian dude is a beaast

WTF sammy, betting on Korean basketball league? LOL. Good luck to you. But it's gonna be hard for you to go on one of your rants when the team loses because you don't know shit about them.

Suns

Amare wants a say in the trade
Amare calls the trade talks by the Suns...a low blow...does this mean he wants to stay with the Suns? I thought he wanted out of Pheonix?
On Friday Amare said he expects to stay with the Suns

Rockets

Yao will probably opt out of his contract in 2010

Spurs

Vince Carter on the block possibly and Spurs are the #1 team interested in him. Cant imagine him meshing with that team

Piston

Amir Johnson is trade bait

Mavericks

Have discussed a trrade with the Nets for Carter

Source: Pistons trade Alex Acker to Clippers

by The Associated Press Sunday February 15, 2009, 10:00 PM

The Detroit Pistons will trade seldom-used guard Alex Acker to the Los Angeles Clippers for an exchange of future draft picks, a person familiar with the deal told The Associated Press on Sunday.
The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the trade hasn't been announced.
The Pistons might stand pat before Thursday's trading deadline, instead of trading Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace, despite its struggles this season.
If Detroit doesn't make another trade, it will clear about $23 million in salary-cap space to make major moves this summer and in 2010 when a slew of marquee free agents will be available.
The 6-foot-5 Acker played in just seven games for the Pistons this season, averaging 1.3 points.

This has been coming for sometime. Detroit needed to shave somewhere under a million off their cap to avoid luxury tax.

is Alex Acker, someone Ive never even heard of, even worth a 2nd round draft pick? Seriously?

Acker was very good in summer leagues...

its actually a swap of 2nd round picks as well.

Its all to avoid luxury tax...knew this would happen for a few months.

Starting to see some steam of a three-way....

Mind you, I have seen three different variations of this but all with same teams

Detroit-Portland-Phoenix

Key Players would be Amare, Raef, Prince, Sheed, Bayless, Outlaw

One of the scenarios would make this a huge trade....and lots of draft picks

fwiw

Btw, the Portland boards seem to think that New orleans is ready to trade Chris Paul.

The fans start getting nutty around trade deadline.

Back