NBA Rumor Mill

go ahead and prove me wrong paxson and anybody else who likes this deal. i fucking love to see it but it aint gonna happen. this team just sucks from Reinsdorf down to guy who washes the jerseys.

i love the trade as a bulls fan. miller is better than gooden if properly motivated, and salmons is a lot better than nocioni.

Brewer,

Thing here is it is a move and this team as constructed is going nowhere.

On a side note...you can build all the draft picks and cap space you want. Doesn't mean you are going to be the next great team. Ask Krause/Paxson and Reinsdorf how that has worked out the past 11 years.

Brewer,

Thing here is it is a move and this team as constructed is going nowhere.

On a side note...you can build all the draft picks and cap space you want. Doesn't mean you are going to be the next great team. Ask Krause/Paxson and Reinsdorf how that has worked out the past 11 years.

they started off very nicely despite the fact they let some good players slip away. for a year or two they were a potential eastern conf. title team, however overrated they might have been. their mistake was not trading away their over abundance of "decently good" players, and then they all turned to shit

only thing i don't like about the trade is cap room, but not sure they had a chance to get anyone in the upcoming years anyway. i would love wade though...

I actually think this helps out Chicago tremendously. If Miller is healthy he can do bad things to the East. Rose Hinrich Gordon- great guard set. Salmons, Deng, Tyrus- all with skill and even higher seilings. Noah and Miller- respectable. As far as trying to get to the playoffs, this pushes them there, although just being a playoff team probably isn't what Bulls fans want, for this season, it helps them imo

One last thing,

With the trade of Mihm today and with Drew out for awhile, the Lakers are a bit thin. Was that a precursor of things to come?

One last thing,

With the trade of Mihm today and with Drew out for awhile, the Lakers are a bit thin. Was that a precursor of things to come?

i wouldnt be suprised if its shaq.
Phx would then o back to the dAntoni style ball they are used to.

Paxson will need to do something drastic with either Hughes or Hinrich. He will have to give them away for 2009 cap and not 2010 cap unless he wants to let Gordon walk away for NOTHING.

By unloading 2 expiring 2009 contracts and taking on longer ones, they will not be able to keep Gordon next year.

So it's really Salmons/Miller for Gordon,Gooden, Nocioni and Simmons.

Moore would be big for the Celts but didn't he sign an unusually high contract (considering that he basically sucks)? Does Beantown really want that?

Cavs

Looking at Horry

Marbury

Lakers, Celtics or Heat

Nuggets

Want the thunder's Joe smith

Pistons

Curry on the hot seat

Suns

Before Marion got trade (this year to the Raptors). The Suns approached Miami about trading him back to South Beach. Strictly because of salary. They were ready to take Marion and Banks and just send Marion to another team as a 3 team trade

Thunder

The coach of the Thunder is opposed to Joe smith getting a buyout

cleveland papers reporting like there is still a chance, and this particular columnist (brian windhorst) is a good one that claims to know close sources to joe smith and had previously reported that national media was wrong about where he wanted to go and that he was also very good friends with mo williams. cleveland media are the only ones that seem to think there's still a chance---national media said days ago that he'd either stay put or go to pho, den, bos, etc...

These next couple of days will be interesting. I am sure Joe Smith and the Thunder have already talked about a buyout. Smith hasn't even played in the last five games and while Scott Brooks likes him and all and wants him to be there, Smith cannot be very happy. Now after Ben Wallace broke his leg, Smith has a true place. It's a place he knows and a system he knows. Plus with the Cavs he will be able to maybe dictate his terms to a certain degree, not just with money this year but perhaps a guarantee next year. The Cavs now need Smith a lot more than they did yesterday and his value is higher. Like buying an airline ticket at the last minute, it has more value to the person than someone who bought it a week in advance.

in my opinion---joe smith is a necessary piece to finally get a championship here in cleveland. he can fill some glaring holes on this basketball team, and played decent-sized minutes in last year's playoffs.

Cavs

Thunder buyout Joe Smith, Cavs are on the top of his list

Warriors

Want Crawford to stay their, they would like to see Crawford and Ellis long term together

I love it, the Thunder buy the guy out and there are two teams that want him, maybe more.

And yet did the Thunder try to trade him?? This league.

Frankly, I hope the Thunder and their stupid name and their horrible mascot use those draft picks to get really good and stick it to the NBA. Force them to spend some quality time in June in Oklahoma City humping cows on their off days, crying about how it's worse than when San Antonio was good and nobody watches their product.

(Whoa, who knew I was so bitter?)

Spurs

Interested in Drew Gooden

Houston

T-mac's days might be numbered and he might have played his last game in a Rockets uniform

Cav's

Looks like Joe Smith will be one

Suns

Looking to sign Stromile Swift

Knicks

Carmelo might be their next year if Denver decides they cant keep him because of financial reasons and personal problems

T-wolves

Mchale was told he could be back as a coach a couple of weeks for next year, but now they are making it clear they dont want him to be an exec

Warriors

Nellie tells Crawford to opt out or be traded
Ellis unhappy with the Warriors

When does Melo's contract expire?

I believe after the 2009-2010 season - he's part of the 2010 Free Agent Class

Just copied this... I have no clue what is right or wrong (if anything)

First up, let's start with the stars whose contracts expire following the 2009-2010 season and will then become honest-to-goodness free agents: Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Marcus Camby
Tracey McGrady
Shaquille O'Neal
Brad Miller
Stephen Jackson
Jermaine O'Neal
Mike Miller
Rip Hamilton

The next grouping is those players that are signed thru 2011, but can opt out in 2010 if they so choose:
Amare Stoudamire (owed 17.7 million in 10/11)
LeBron James (owed 17.2 million in 10/11)
Dwayne Wade (owed 17.0 million in 10/11)
Chris Bosh (owed 17.1 million in 10/11)
Dirk Nowitzki (owed $21.5 million in 10/11)
Josh Howard (owed $11.8 million in 10/11)
Mike Redd (owed $18.3 million in 10/11)
Tyson Chandler (owed $12.8 million in 10/11)

This next list consists of contracts that are set to expire in 2010, but the player may choose to opt-out following the 2008-2009 season:
Steve Nash (owed $13.1 million in 09-10)
Carlos Boozer (owed $12.7 million in 09-10)
Chris Paul (owed $6 million in 09-10 / almost certain to sign an extension before becoming unrestricted)
Memo Okur (owed $9.0 million in 09-10)
Hedo Turkoglu (owed $7.4 million in 09-10)

In addition to the superstars listed above, these 'second-tier' players are set to hit the open market as well:
Ben Wallace
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
Anderson Varejao (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
Al Harrington
Darko Milicic
Udonis Haslem
Jamal Crawford (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
Eddy Curry (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
Amir Johnson
[COLOR=#C80000 ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important]Derek [COLOR=#C80000 ! important]Fisher[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Raja Bell
T.J. Ford (player option - owed $8.5 million in 10/11)
Travis Outlaw
Bruce Bowen
Earl Watson
Luke Ridnour
Matt Harpring
Quentin Richardson
Damien Wilkins

We also must include the list of players that will actually eventually have value due solely to the fact their contracts come off the books in the summer of 2010:
Jerome James (proof that Isiah Thomas knew what he was doing all along!)
Cuttino Mobley
Brendan Haywood
Tim Thomas
Brian Cardinal
Antonio Davis
Mark Blount
Bobby Simmons
Troy Hudson
Darius Miles
Kenny Thomas
Shareef Abdul-Rahim
Matt Bonner
Etan Thomas

Last, but not least, we have the 2006 Draft Class. These players will all be restricted free-agents in 2010, if they haven't already been inked to extensions:
Brandon Roy
Rudy Yag
LaMarcus Aldridge
Andrea Bargnani
Rajon Rondo
[COLOR=#C80000 ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important]Tyrus [COLOR=#C80000 ! important]Thomas[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Kyle Lowry
Randy Foye
Marcus Williams
Josh Boone
Renaldo Balkman
Sergio Rodriguez
Ronnie Brewer

The NBA

The NBA is considering on changing their rules so that the "crab dribble" would become legal :36_11_6:
The NBA has decided to give Lebron his own luxury plane so that he no longer has to travel with the team and he no longer has to wear team apparel

Cavs

Larry Hughes,doesnt think that Lebron is going anywhere, especially to the New York Knicks. (Larry happens to be a Knick). Larry thinks that Lebron has it made in Cleveland, he is the face of sports in the city. He is in an area he grew up in. Larry think thats Lebron will probably sign an extention this summer. Some may think, who the fuck is Larry Hughes to say this. But apparently Lebron and Larry are good friends, talk twice a week, and their wives are actually best friends.

Funny enough that the NY Post had this story as a Cleveland Insider...turns out Larry Hughes is their Cleveland insider...good reporting NY Post :36_11_6:

Wizards

Patrick Ewing is interested in the coaching vacancy

Nets

Hoping to get to brookyln by 2011-2012

Grizzlies

Marco Jaric is being investigated for sexual assault....this is banana's because he is married to Adriana fucking Lima

Pheonix

The LA Times reported that Shaq wants out of Pheonix

Grizzlies

Marco Jaric is being investigated for sexual assault....this is banana's because he is married to Adriana fucking Lima

This fuckstick already got cleared. Not enough evidence.

Jazz

Boozer confirms he wants to stay in Utah

Knicks

Court papers:

"Eddie Curry made his former drive around fool around with him and hid any evidence of an affair from his wife"

He said Curry approached him at home

"I was approached by Curry in the nude"

"Eddie curry tried to put the moves on me"

:36_11_6:

Warriors

Will try to get Andre Miller

Not a rumour (more like an educated opinion), but I read that prince is done and the pistons will make a push for Gordon in the offseason. Pistons will be moving to an uptempo game and prince no longer fits with the way the team wants to play.

Dumars probably has given a promise already to their draft pick, my hunch correct last year. I have a feeling I know who it is.

Kings

The coaching search begins, fans seem to want Byron Scott, Avery Johnson, Eddie Jordan, and Jeff Van Gundy...have fun with that

Hornets

Hornets are in deep financial trouble and there are some reports out there that a Chris Paul is not totally out of the question

Avery or Van Gundy would both be great pickups for Sacramento. If I'm either one of those guys though, I dunno if I wanna leave the sweet TV life for that impossible job.

Heat

Miami really wants Chris Bosh. They believe they will have the money to make a big move in 2010.

They also are considering trading Micheal Beasley

Back