NBA Playoffs 2019...

Brilliant 3rd so far from Bucks.

I was wondering if they would stick with just 3's but using inside then out this half...

This could get ugly...but a lot of game left.

Somehow Boston only down 5 despite it feeling about a 20 point game...

So, for later this Scotty Foster crap has me kind of mumble jumbled in the head.

I had planned on playing the Rockets series before Game 2 if down 0-1. Now, I have yet to pull the trigger and may not. I also planned on playing the Rockets ML as my starting point later but again I don't know and frankly lost some value already. I have an hour to decide...

I had planned on playing the Rockets series before Game 2 if down 0-1. Now, I have yet to pull the trigger and may not. I also planned on playing the Rockets ML as my starting point later but again I don't know and frankly lost some value already. I have an hour to decide...
you think,
I will wait for your decision

Boston lost this game tonight when it was 71-74 and they had three straight poss with just horrible shots.

Conversely, Milwaukee put the ball in Janice hands in 3rd and let the three be a complement for them instead of relying on it like the first half. Great adjustment at halftime by Milwaukee.

Fading the Foster effect.

Houston TT o108 -115

(still think this series is an under series)

And if this is a Stern game...

Then as Kenny is talking about...we have ourselves another Clyde/Jake fued(ended in 1995).

I find these games very unentertaining
I did not miss not watching the 2nd half at all.

I was excited about this series but it is tough to watch.

The Houston burn clock then shoot under 5 seconds thing is so old it is scary.

I will have to thank Harden for dunking( I think, that is what the play by play said) down 6 with under 5 seconds left to get a miracle TT bet in.

I did not miss not watching the 2nd half at all.

I was excited about this series but it is tough to watch.

The Houston burn clock then shoot under 5 seconds thing is so old it is scary.

I will have to thank Harden for dunking( I think, that is what the play by play said) down 6 with under 5 seconds left to get a miracle TT bet in.
And for that foul at the end to get GS cover

Denver is exactly who I thought they were entering the postseason. Monday distorted a few things. Blazers will win this series ...6 games sounds about right.

I'm pretty much gone till Sunday. GSW sweeps or goes home 3-1. I think Boston and Milwaukee split but Boston winning both would be no surprise. Toronto will go home 2-2. Portland very well could return to Denver up 3-1. I don't see any great betting scenario coming up as far as pregame.

Denver needs to make their Milwaukee move. The problem is, Malone will get benefit of the doubt for this regular season. They'll need a first round exit next year or a horrible start for them to make a move.

Can't agree. I think Malone is a good coach. I liked him in Sacramento and he did some good things with Denver.
He manages very deep team without ego problems, he promoted several young players, he manages to hide Jokic beyond horrible defense and it appears that players both like and respect him, something that not very easy to achieve in this league...
In CTG, there are no good coaches, besides Pop and Carlisle...
BAR, who are good coaches currently in the league or unemployed, but available in your opinion?

Good coaches: Pop is the best, Kerr is good, Stevens is good, Doc is good, Spoelstra is good.

Coaches holding teams back from hire levels : Donovan, Stotts, Malone, Nurse, Brett Brown.

That's quick off top of my head...in sure I missed a couple. Malone is awful. His end game approach in Game 1 was horrible. He got schooled tonight by Stotts of all people.

Some coaches can look good in regular season but at winning time...they separate themselves.

I think that coaches also depend on their environment. It's much easier to coach in Texas, with all three teams always trying to support their coach, give him time and so on for example.
Spoelstra is also one of the three names CTG respects :)
Even Stevens started to get some bad comments here... :)

But look at the list you gave - 5 coaches... You got 30 teams - that means that 25 bad coaches will be coaching the rest of the league... Lue did a poor job in Cleveland, will be hired some place else, hoping to do better. Monty was fired from one team, will go the other. Casey fired from Toronto, went do Detroit.
Stotts back in the day, was horrible in DC, got a job in Portland and everyone is happy.
Spoelstra does a great job, but if Riley didn't have his back, there is a good chance he would have been fired after 6 months in to his coaching career and never heard of again...
I think that you can't say that there are only 5 good coaches... Obviously there are great coaches and good coaches and mediocre ones, but not all bad...

I hate it in soccer and in basketball, when coach is fired just to bring same level coach - just to show that something is being done...
Ok, fire Malone and hire Luke Walton? Lue? Who will come and can be expected to do better?

I agree that Donovan should be replaced. Not because I'm sure that the next one will be better coach, but because I'm sure that with Donovan they can't go any further. New coach maybe will be able to shift something for RW and others - Billy can't..

Malone so far did very good job with the Nuggets. He may also this season go all the way to WC Finals. Look how many coaches are liked, but not respected. How many respected but not liked. He managed to do both - hard not to respect it.
How many great assistant coaches, couldn't do well as coaches. Fizdale, Nurse and many others...

Btw, Atkinson appears to be a hell of a coach. Didn't know him at all and the job he did for the Nets...

I think that Stotts was horrible in Washington, but managed to improve in Portland.

I think that there are bad coaches in the league, but not as much as people tend to believe.

I think that Malone is a solid coach, I believe that he is better than Stotts, but Stotts in a situation that is good both for him and for the team. I doubt that Portland will do better with other coach and I doubt very much that Denver will do better with different coach.

I think that Lakers need a new coach and I can't think of any available coach that I can say, I hope Lakers sign him. I just have a huge list of coaches I hope they don't sign :)

That's why I think teams need to think who they want to hire and then make a move, not the other way around...

Will Walton do better in Sacramento than Joeger? Not sure. Joeger was doing a decent job and Kings for the first time in years looked like a NBA team...

Monty instead of Kokoskov? Not sure it will matter much...

I think Walton will do a great job because he's a players' coach and the management "likes" him. Joeger did a good job with the Kings but he was toxic with the management based on what I read. That's why he and the assistant GM got fired because I believe they were gunning for Divac's position, and that caused a rift internally. Kings know they have a good core and they need to fix the management so everyone will be on the same page. I still think it was a poor decision when they fired Malone in favor of Karl but that's water under the bridge. Just saying this as a Kings fan.

I do agree that Donovan has to be replaced but they can't do anything since Westbrook loves to stat pad.

No comments on other coaches since I'm not fully aware of their issues.

That is a devastating loss for any team, but the Nuggets now go back into a Hornets nest on Sunday in a very important game with no energy perhaps. The Blazers will be riding emotion. This is a good spot to back Portland you would think.

If I had to predict the rest of this series, it's home team wins out and prolly covers in each instance.

Tomorrow... No clue in Houston. I am not touching it. I think Rockets get one at home then lose a tight Game 5. But, who the heck knows? Sixers and Raps series is highlighting Nick Nurse, and not in a good way. I do think the Tor defense responds but that's all I got there. Boston Gm 4 is a good play too.

Another busy few days so wanted to get some quick thoughts down on paper (so-to-speak). . Have a great Derby Day everyone. If you haven't checked the threads out in that forum, plz do.... GREAT info.

Back