Los Angeles Clippers at Oklahoma City Thunder
Game 1

The play...

Thunder
-5.5 (2 units)

Thoughts a little later.

:shake:

Thanks fellas.

Think we may get an emotional letdown from LAC, off the whole Sterling drama in Round 1, a Game 7 comeback win and now backing up on the road (away teams in Game 1 of Round 2 after winning a Game 7 at home are 0-5 SU (0-5 ATS) losing the game by an average of 27.4 points), you could see how emotionally tied up the Clips were after they won the series. Also don't think the fire that was lit under Durant is ready to go out just yet, believe the Memphis series helped this team a ton and gave them a backbone.

Clippers 2-10 ATS on the road in the playoffs since the CP3 trade.

Only real concern in this series going forward is Rivers schooling Brooks, although I have Doc as very overrated but Brooks is just stupid.

Thanks fellas.

Think we may get an emotional letdown from LAC, off the whole Sterling drama in Round 1, a Game 7 comeback win and now backing up on the road (away teams in Game 1 of Round 2 after winning a Game 7 at home are 0-5 SU (0-5 ATS) losing the game by an average of 27.4 points), you could see how emotionally tied up the Clips were after they won the series. Also don't think the fire that was lit under Durant is ready to go out just yet, believe the Memphis series helped this team a ton and gave them a backbone.

Only real concern in this series going forward is Rivers schooling Brooks, although I have Doc as very overrated but Brooks is just stupid.

GL and agreed!

away teams in Game 1 of Round 2 after winning a Game 7 at home are 0-5 SU (0-5 ATS) losing the game by an average of 27.4 points

trend makes sense because the home teams in those games each had a minimum of seven days to rest and prepare for round two, while the away team had literally one day to rest/travel/prepare

trend makes sense because the home teams in those games each had a minimum of seven days to rest and prepare for round two, while the away team had literally one day to rest/travel/prepare

That does make sense. Didn't look into it too much given the whole point of my OKC play is based on the 'emotional letdown' factor for the Clippers and how they struggled vs a soft Warriors team. Travelling team is at a disadvantage either way.

The more valuable trend is the one which shows the Clippers clearly struggle with the pressure of playing on the road in the playoffs.

May change going forward with Doc but the early indications in Round 1 suggest it hasn't.

Thanks fellas.

agree with your analysis....on doc though I have had bb conversations with him (over a 5 hour period of golf and cocktails...i was cocktailing he wasn't...weak) and he impressed me as intelligent,motivated and hard working....my 2 cents

Just a bad read on Game 1, in hindsight...

4 OT's in a grind-out physical series > Racist owner scandal / defense-optional series.

Clips played care-free and confident tonight with CP3 commending the coaching staff after the game. Bad sign for the poorly-coached Thunder.

OKC more than likely gets Game 2 but this series via the percentage is 58/42 Clippers. Closest power ratings differential of all 4 series as well.

Hopefully tomorrow is more promising.

I thought you capped the game to a tee. Now the question is, have the Clippers matured faster than we thought? Is OKC a team without an identity, and has Brook's poor coaching reached a level we didn't expect? OKC should come out with a better plan in game 2, but I'm not laying points with them. I will wait to see what Game 3 brings.

Thanks Smh.

Scandal has brought the team together. They looked incredibly crisp, had them as a fraud going into the playoffs but I may retract that. Both teams were in a bad spot last night though but the coaching edge for LAC showed up in Game 1.

Very dangerous side.

Tonight...

Lean Heat but hate the steam, all the guys I know who like to have a gamble are pounding the Heat ML or tying them into a parlay of some sort.

Teams that swept vs teams that went 7 in the 1st round are 6-1 ATS in Game 1 of the 2nd round since 2002/03...

Pacers 94 - Heat 81 (03/04)

Suns 127 v Mavs 102 (04/05)

Cavs 99 v Hawks 72 (08/09)

Magic 114 v Hawks 71 (09/10)

Spurs 108 v LAC 92 (11/12)

OKC 119 v LAL 90 (11/12)

Heat 86 v Bulls 93 (12/13)

As you can see all 6 covers were blowouts and the only team to mess it up was the Heat last season and tonight they are on identical rest, they could of been forgiven for some complacency though given it was the Rose-less hurting Bulls. Surely they're up for Crooklyn tonight after what transpired in the regular season.

Will probably play something in-game with the Heat if it offers itself. My local hanging a -8.5 (+100) on the Heat.

Think the fact the Nets swept the regular season series somewhat negates the above trend, they will come into South Beach confident and the travel factor was relatively small. Refs also slightly favorable towards the points as opposed to the chalk. Steam has been misleading as well for the most part during these playoffs. Got burned in a bad way last postseason by the Heat in this exact spot.

Will be interesting to see how Kidd handles his first playoff game as a coach.

See something better in the late game.

Heat too easy. Missed a gimme there.

Spurs warrant a 'ref play'.

adding...

Spurs -6.5 (1 unit)

11-9-1 (+7)

Los Angeles Clippers at Oklahoma City Thunder Game 2

The play...

Thunder -5.5 (3 units)

Strong spot play. Probably the only game in this series (unless they show me otherwise) where I have the utmost faith in the Thunder to get it done. Not gonna wait for the ref assignments, just gonna roll with it.

Have it lined at 7 via my numbers.

'Higher seed' off a Game 1 loss in the 2nd round is 14-3 ATS (15-1 SU) in Game 2 since 1990/91.

'Higher seed' off a Game 1 loss of 10 or more points in the 2nd round is 6-0 ATS (6-0 SU) in Game 2 since 1990/91.

Last edited:
The letdown spot I expected for LAC in Game 1 should show up tonight, imo. Inconceivable to think the Clippers can perform at the level they did in the first game tonight, huge game for KD after getting the MVP. Seriously don't think LAC stands much of a chance here, they got the split and stole home court advantage - they can afford the night off so to speak.

Line movement disagrees though but I'd lay 6.5 in this spot, no problems.

12-9-1 (+10)

Brooklyn Nets at Miami Heat Game 2

The play...

Nets +7.5 (1.5 units)

Got the bad/okay line. Decent spot for Crooklyn albeit I hate the refs and steam.

Sticking to the gameplan.

Situations show up tomorrow, as for tonight...

Wiz warrant a strong ref play but hate the steam.

Working on a play in the pivotal late game.

Seems like everyone on blankets is on Indy. Just checked like 15 threads.

@FadeFriend: FF putting his coins on..

7*[717] IND PACERS +4-105
3*[717] IND PACERS +155

#MTFBWU BOL

Emkee,

Can you please elaborate on the ref angle in Wash.

Thanks man.

GL.

Tony Brothers (6 games officiated, head ref): Home team win percentage = 1.000 (17.3 pts differential)

Eric Lewis (3 games officiated, crew): htw% = .667 (2.3 pts differential)

Tom Washington (7 games officiated, crew): htw% = .857 (7 pt differential)

In the playoffs the refs stick to their tendencies. Brothers gave Indy nothing in Game 3 of the Hawks series (ATL was the home team), in Game 7 he gave the Hawks nada (Indy was the home team). Confident this guy's role is to 'assist' the home team, last 3 postseasons somewhat prove it.

Will elaborate further a bit later on.

12-10-1 (+8.44)

Indiana Pacers at Washington Wizards Game 3

The play...

Wizards -4.5 (1 unit)

Ref play. Hate the steam so keeping it small. Will increase going forward, ref plays currently 2-0 (would have been 3-0 had I been stubborn and played the Heat last night).

Thans Emkee. Wil add that perspective to my arsenal. I have been working on seeing if the refs agree or disagree with the style of play based off pace numbers. I try and determine if the way a ref works a game benefits or, hinders, or has no effect on a particular teams style of play. Working it more for a totals angle then a side.

adding...

Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Clippers Game 3

The play...

Clippers -4 (2.5 units)

Again - hate the steam. Trust Doc to have his troops ready with the change of venue, Brooks needs another day or two. Solid opportunity in Game 4 of this series to get one's money back plus interest should this play lose.

Last edited:
Thans Emkee. Wil add that perspective to my arsenal. I have been working on seeing if the refs agree or disagree with the style of play based off pace numbers. I try and determine if the way a ref works a game benefits or, hinders, or has no effect on a particular teams style of play. Working it more for a totals angle then a side.

Late add...

Stinking it up last couple of plays.

Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets Game 3

The play...

Nets +1.5 (2 units)

Refs, situation and everything else adds up. Have to play it.

Head ref McCutchen a noted series extender.

This crew combined is 30-9 ATS for short home dogs (0-4.5).

Nets played pretty shitty in the Game 2 loss yet were a few poorly executed plays away from leveling the series. D-Will won't go 0-fer tonight and KG should man-up.

Have the game line at Crooklyn -1.5, hoping for a similar outcome to Heat v C's Game 3 (2011).

Blazers in the same spot at the Nets with favorable numbers on their side, not sure I'll play it though due to the refs. Danny Crawford with bad home-side numbers these playoffs.

Have this lined a little stronger by my numbers at Blazers -3.

blazers come out flat and spurs just keep motoring along...

that dallas series i think really woke them up and refocused them

adding...

Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Clippers Game 4

The play...

Clippers -5.5 +100 (3 to win 3)

Spot play. Sold the hook and eliminated the juice, case of the Lobbers winning by plenty or losing straight-up.

Would be a 4-unit play if not for the internets being awash with Clipper plays.

LAC 5-0 ATS when playing at home off a home loss this season (incl. playoffs).

Very favorable ref numbers.

Lean Indy late.

Back