NBA Playoff Plays (Conference Semi's)...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
6-11 (-12.38)

Rough first round. Weak reads, sloppy roll management and a bit of bad luck. Time to make a run.

Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks

The play...

Pacers +5.5 (3 units)

Thoughts a little later.

Lean OKC ever so slightly in the earlier game. KD makes a statement post-Westbrook.

:shake:

Thanks fellas.

Needed it like a mofo. Round 2 get back.

U talkin' OKC ML right, Twink ?

Monday...

Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat

The play...

Heat -11.5 (2 units)

Thanks fellas.

Bulls off a remarkable Game 7 they basically played 'on one leg' which sets up a likely 'letdown' scenario tonight. Heat extremely well rested and no doubt will be itching to get back on the court and play basketball. Miami should smell blood and make somewhat of a Game 1 statement here (4-0 last 4 Game 1's at home).

Heat 8-1 ATS last 9 playoff games as a fave of 8 or more.

Faves of 10-14.5 in Round 2 are 12-4-2 ATS last 10 years.

Faves of 10-14.5 in Round 2 are 7-0-1 ATS last 5 years.

Crazy day.

Would have played the Heat 9.5 outta 10 times in this spot. Miami was rusty, sure but there is still no excuse for what transpired.

Gonna have to add points for 'heart' to my ratings on the Bulls.

Been a tough run 'situationally' for the most part.

Get it back tomorrow...

Crazy day.

Would have played the Heat 9.5 outta 10 times in this spot. Miami was rusty, sure but there is still no excuse for what transpired.

Gonna have to add points for 'heart' to my ratings on the Bulls.

Been a tough run 'situationally' for the most part.

Get it back tomorrow...

Hunt said at half they had the heart and to play 2h. A lot of times that goes a long way.

7-12 (-11.4)

Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks

The play...

Knicks -5.5 (3 units)

Square again, gotta stick to the gameplan. Desperation time for the sputtering Bricks, lose here and they're done. Expect them to adjust and go with less iso-ball, they isolated themselves to death on Sunday with a little too much 'hero' from Melo and JR. Pacers are the better team, no doubt but have a hard time seeing them win 3 straight playoff road games, they'll also have the mindset of knowing they own the home court advantage in this series...

8-12 (-8.4)

Dropping this one early.

Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat

The play...

Heat -12.5 +110 (3 to win 3.3)

Local line. Square as they come once again but the only way to play it. Probably be at 13+ by tip, so 'selling' the hook now. If it drops...oh well. Like I said above that 'I would play the Heat in this spot 9.5 outta 10 times'. Well in my opinion, the 'spot' just got stronger after the Bulls shocked in Game 1. 3rd straight road playoff game for the Bulls after consecutive 'upsets', unlikely they stay in the game much like the Pacers faded earlier today. Heat should be free of rust and awake tomorrow night.

Quirky trend...

5 seeds or lower that upset as a dog in Round 2 are 5-20 ATS in the following game (since 2000)...

Got a very nice priced line by the looks. Local usually goes with the Pinny lines and adds or deducts the juice, was at -12 +100 there yesterday around the time I placed my bet, feel fortunate to have got the extra 10 cents. All indications he gave me was that the line would be at 11 come tip.

Have a slight lean to the Alamo Boys late and a decent play coming up this weekend if everything goes to plan...

Thanks Smh.

Bulls always a consideration because of their unprecedented effort these playoffs, just feel the tank maybe becoming a little empty and it's hard enough to produce such back to the wall efforts once let alone twice in a row. The overall talent gap in this series is rather large and the Heat no doubt took them for granted in Game 1, that coupled with a little layoff rust. Championship teams usually respond of such a loss and the Heat as despised and manufactured as they are, are a championship team. In my mind the Bulls either win straight up or get whipped on and considering what transpired in the first game the latter seems more likely.

This is the NBA though, so nothing is impossible...

Bulls 'starters' have logged huge minutes the last 3 games including guys like Bellinelli, Butler and Nate (who are all non-starters for the most part). It has to take it's toll going forward...

Agree on Miami. GL emkee

The Bulls already accomplished more than they thought they would by winning one in Miami. I can't see how they get as 'up' for this game knowing that. On the other side, the Heat will not want to go down 0-2 in front of their home fans and media. They know that will ratchet up the pressure.

9-12 (-5.4)

Miami Heat at Chicago Bulls

The play...

Heat -7.5 (2.36 to win 2)

Last edited:
Can't shake the 'squareness'. Riding the heavy road fave, not an advocate of laying such big chalk away but I can't see the Heat letting up here, a win tonight all but puts this to bed if it wasn't already. Game 3's are always pivotal and the Bulls just don't have the horses to compete. Joey C won't allow this to get physical so the advantage goes to Miami...

Thanks CM.

Heat by 10+.

Both the Spurs and Warriors in decent 'spots'. Will most likely get involved later...

Warriors riding a 5-21 ATS playoff trend. Wanted to take the Spurs at the end of 1, thought they'd be down.

Congrats on the backdoor cover, lol. Nothing like not covering for 46 minutes and 34 seconds only to cover in the end.

10-12 (-3.4)

Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies

The play...

Grizzlies -4.5 (2.3 to win 2)

Thoughts a little later...

Thanks Ret.

Generally it's rule of thumb in the playoffs to fade the lower seeded team the following game after 'upsetting' the higher seed (see Spurs/Warriors Game 3). Not the case tonight, imo as I don't figure the last game in this series to be an upset given the way it was 'lined' and the current state of either team. Both teams playoff savvy and know the importance of this game, have Memphis' home court playoff advantage ranked in the top 3. Grizz 30-15 ATS as a home fave of 6 and under. Just can't see good things happening for OKC minus Westbrook and with Fisher, Perkins - both huge weak links. Series is the Grizzlies to lose.

3 day layoff the only thing keeping this play at the standard 'to win 2 units'. Really dumb scheduling by the NBA.

Another 'I'll take it' game. Memphis was for the most part in control though. Shout-out to the Durantula for missing those FT's...

Thanks Ret, it appears that way.

Tough game in Indy, initially leaned Pacers - then Knicks - then Pacers. Not a fan of the refs, Zarba especially. Gonna sit it out...

Keep up the good work. You're crushing round 2!
Good to see the breaks are falling your way. That's what happens when you stay in the game.

11-12 (-1.4)

San Antonio Spurs at Golden State Warriors

The play...

Spurs ML -125 (2.5 to win 2)

Thanks Cudder.

Probably paid a little more than I should having locked in the Spurs ML this morning. At -115 to -120 now at most 'shops'.

Pretty much a must win game for both teams all things considered. Pop has to know as streaky as the GSW's have been this postseason and as young and brash as they are, it's in his best interest to go all out and get the W today. Veteran teams knows what's up.

No real strong trends either way. Game 4 is historically a toss up for the most part.

A few ugly touts etc riding the Spurs and not really in agreement with the refs, so tread carefully...

'When leading a best-of-7 NBA playoff series 2-games-1, the San Antonio Spurs have a 16-3 series record and a 10-9 Game 4 record. When trailing a best-of-7 NBA playoff series 2-games-1, the Golden State Warriors have a 2-5 series record with an active four-series losing streak, and a 3-4 Game 4 record with an active three-Game 4 losing streak'

Back