NBA Playoff Plays (Conference Semi's)...

Tough game. Lucky last two, not here. No excuses for San Antonio. Spurs hit their foul shots, Timmy D doesn't take a a personal grievance against Bogut and try and force his shots out of spite, Manu plays with a little composure - they win in regulation. They just gave the Warriors a huge shot in the arm and possibly the series tonight. Veteran aspect was the main ingredient for the play and the Spurs didn't 'ball' down the stretch like a team that's been there, done that. Kudos to GSW for battling all night and eventually making SA shit the bed. Game 5 would generally be an 'auto-play' on the Spurs but I'm not so sure I'll be heading down that path.

Will get it back tomorrow...

Got Heat -7.5 for 2, couldn't post before tip.

Looking at OKC/Grizz. Joey C there...

How's it, Twink.

Convinced Memphis is the better team, no doubt. OKC broke the Grizz' hearts in 2011 in an almost identical spot, pretty sure they want to amend that. Joey Crawford in the building though. Stern may extend this series, KD is one of his boys. Gonna look for something in-game at this stage...

Yea man. Memphis advances and they are better

I can still get 5.5....OKC and Stern like u said

I took the Ibaka prop

12-13 (-1.9)

Golden State Warriors at San Antonio Spurs

The play...

Spurs -6.5 (2.3 to win 2)

Local line. Not giving up on the Spurs just yet, thoughts in a bit...

:shake:

Cogen, your boys are impressive. Never would have thought they'd be where they are right now. Gotta be stubborn and stick with what's given me some success in the past as nice as those Warrior points look.

Thanks BAR.

'Spot play' here. Wasn't gonna go there but will stick to the 'gameplan'. Spurs in a must-win game off a tough loss, veteran team (even though they didn't play like one down the stretch the other day). Warriors off a comeback OT win which generally leads to a 'flat spot' the following game (already happened in this series with the Spurs in Game 2), fly in the ointment with this GSW team though is they don't appear to be fazed by much this postseason - just when you think they're down, they comeback 'crazy swinging'. In hindsight just like it would have been hard for SA to take both games 3 and 4 at Oracle, I can't see the Warriors taking two straight in the Alamo. Spurs get up for this game and take it by 10+.

Warriors also privy to a 6-22 ATS 2nd Round trend...

Agree with the play on Spurs. GS has looked like the better team, BUT, they know there is a game 6 at home already. As underdogs, I think they also come out a bit flat. Gonna wait and see if I can grab 6 before tip off.

good luck

I think the oddsmakers made a major miscalculation on the Spurs/Warriors series. Still feel the "right" number is 5 when in SA, that being said, all these OT's have got to be taking a toll on Curry. Jack bailed them out in game 3, but he's a backup for a reason. With an ailing Curry and the public on GS, I tend to lean Spurs, but still feel price is steep. I'm interested in the 3rd quarter and the second half as I feel that's when the fatigue angle will catchup to Warriors. Possible 1st qtr bet to cover the "flat" angle.

GL.

Thanks Smh.

Think most folks underestimated the Warriors along with the 'books'. Agree GSW can't continue on this tear with a banged-up Curry, playing at home last game can somewhat mask things, expecting it to show up tonight on the road. Trust Pop to get things happening on the glass for San Antonio, which for me has been their greatest weakness in this series.

Refs are also by the numbers, 'homer orientated' but I'm done trying to figure Stern's men out. They have been 'bi-polar' these playoffs.

NBA Western Conference Semifinals (Series tied 2-2): What will be the GAME RESULT?
[TABLE="class: mg-gametableQ, width: 0"]
<tbody style="border: 0px none; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column1 start, align: center"]9:40 PM
TNT

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column2 sport, align: center"]
icon_basketball.gif

NBA
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents"] Warriors: Win or Single Digit Loss[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column5 status, align: center"]Not Started
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]96.5%[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column7 heat, align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column8 pick borderRight, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents last"] @ Spurs: Win By Double Digits[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result last, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]3.5%[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column8 pick borderRight last, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Cogen, your boys are impressive. Never would have thought they'd be where they are right now. Gotta be stubborn and stick with what's given me some success in the past as nice as those Warrior points look.

Thanks BAR.

'Spot play' here. Wasn't gonna go there but will stick to the 'gameplan'. Spurs in a must-win game off a tough loss, veteran team (even though they didn't play like one down the stretch the other day). Warriors off a comeback OT win which generally leads to a 'flat spot' the following game (already happened in this series with the Spurs in Game 2), fly in the ointment with this GSW team though is they don't appear to be fazed by much this postseason - just when you think they're down, they comeback 'crazy swinging'. In hindsight just like it would have been hard for SA to take both games 3 and 4 at Oracle, I can't see the Warriors taking two straight in the Alamo. Spurs get up for this game and take it by 10+.

Warriors also privy to a 6-22 ATS 2nd Round trend...
I hear ya. This is all a great learning experience for the W's. Every team that finally gets there has to pay their dues and learn and gain experience. I actually think SA is a pretty good bet. I think they get off to a good start so I'm waiting till later and hopefully I can get GS somewhere double digits as I think in the end, it'll be close because refs tend to try and keep games close if they can. GL man.

13-13 (+0.1)

Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder

The play...

Thunder -4.5 (2.02 to win 2)

Last edited:
I missed the 4.5. Grizzlies trend has to start strong and then falter late. Consider 1st qtr / 1st half Griz here.

Good Luck.

Thanks Smh.

Last hurrah for Kevin Durant. Can't see him going out a chump and basically declaring the Thunder as Russell's team. Hate the fact the dude has logged monster minutes in every game since Westbrook went out but feel the change of venue get's them (him) through the full 48. Also expecting big things from 'Amaechi' aka K-Mart, OKC at this stage tend to roll as he rolls. Think the other role players 'man up' as well. Memphis know they have Game 6 in the back pocket and are undefeated this postseason at the 'Grindhouse' - can't see the Grizz putting out maximum effort if they get down a substantial amount as opposed to the 'moxy' they showed when down in Game 4.

Pretty much the same 'strategy' also applies as last night's play. Grizz came back and won in OT which can induce a flat spot next game (Grizz 0-5 ATS off an OT game this season)...

Also worth throwing a spanner in the works by saying this group of refs are the worst 'home team' refs this postseason and Danny Crawford had 'beef' with KD in the previous season's playoffs. Tread carefully...

Couple of quirky one's...

Since 1990, the lower seeded visiting team up 3-1 is 7-31 SU in Game 5 with the higher seeded home team covering the spread at a 62% clip.

The 'road team' in the Conference Semi-final round with a win/loss order of LWWW is 2-7 SU and ATS in Game 5's.

All the negative aspects came to fruition. Really disappointing from OKC, especially KD - kid can't handle the pressure. Took a gamble on them coming out on a mission but this team was already beaten it appeared. Dan Crawford did his bit too, better team won in the end though.

Tomorrow looks more promising...

Gonna go against the grain...

Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks

The play...

Pacers +4.5 (2 to win 2.1)

Local line.

13-15 (-3.92)

Lost my way a bit last few plays after grinding my way back. Gonna get back on course.

New York Knicks at Indiana Pacers

The play...

Pacers -4.5 (3.45 to win 3)

In now that Hill has been cleared. If not for lack of FT shooting and some untimely turnovers, the Pacers could have very well closed this out in Game 5. Indy ends it tonight...

Better to be lucky than good.

Owe Lance Stephenson a drink and Sam Young 'but he look old' a handshake for that last rebound.

Back